Jaimes
December 13th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Do you play any instruments?

Just a random poll I decided to make to see if there was any trend =P
So vote away!

PB
December 13th, 2007, 08:16 AM
There is no poll..

Anyway, i did play the Keyboard. But i quit.

Binary
December 13th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Well I can play a flute abit...nothing else:(
poor me...

~Celebi

Nuke
December 13th, 2007, 08:41 AM
I put huh?

Becuase I'd say no but the option says because I'm a musical failure and thats not why for me.

Shiny Umbreon
December 13th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I kinda play the piano, and "school made me learn how to play the recorder". DX

I like music a lot, though, I'm just really lazy to learn something else. I'd like to play the violin, the bass guitar and the trumpet, and the piano well, too, but, as I said, I'm too lazy to learn. The recorder is enough at the moment.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
December 13th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I play the Ocarina of Time. I am the hero of time.

I play the guitar and a bit of keyboards/piano too. I also play the triangle.

I'd like to learn how to play violin and sax.

coachwhipneoship
December 13th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I'm basically a musical failure because I took a few lessons, but I'm not GOOD at anything. It's just not my thing I guess, I never got the hang of it.

But let's see....well, I might be good at the triangle or kazoo. >>;

It's not that obscure, but you don't have the harp listed--I took harp lessons for a bit.
I studied flute for a couple years in school.
I learned the recorder, of course.
And umm, we have an organ that I can play a few songs on.

I wish I could play more...heh. Or at least one thing really well. Oh well.

December 13th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I'm basically a musical failure because I took a few lessons, but I'm not GOOD at anything. It's just not my thing I guess, I never got the hang of it.

But let's see....well, I might be good at the triangle or kazoo. >>;

It's not that obscure, but you don't have the harp listed--I took harp lessons for a bit.
I studied flute for a couple years in school.
I learned the recorder, of course.
And umm, we have an organ that I can play a few songs on.

I wish I could play more...heh. Or at least one thing really well. Oh well.

A few lessons are certainly enough to surrender, but not to realize you're a failure.

I also want to play the Mandolin. So cool.

Man of Faith
December 13th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I'm the only sax player? ;_;

And not just any sax! The E♭ Baritone Sax! :D

Best sax ever... >.>

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
December 13th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I'm the only sax player? ;_;

And not just any sax! The E♭ Baritone Sax! :D

Best sax ever... >.>

I play the alto.
I hate to play it though ><;

Cassino
December 13th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Guitar (acoustic, electric, bass, whatever, play one and you can play them all) and harmonica. Playing the Wild Arms opening theme (entitled "Into the Wilderness") with these is nice, even though I'm still learning myself it.
I'd like to have a piano, violin and bamboo flute to play too.

coachwhipneoship
December 13th, 2007, 10:53 AM
A few lessons are certainly enough to surrender, but not to realize you're a failure.

I know it requires time and practice to become good at anything, but what I really meant was that I've taken lessons in a few different instruments, and decided after some time in each one that I probably wasn't going to get very far with it. Most of them were several years ago so maybe it'd be different if I tried again now. I don't know. I may have given up too easily. But I'm fairly certain that instrument-playing will never be a great talent of mine. :[

The mandolin is an interesting choice.

Erimgard
December 13th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I'm not really musically inclined. I can sing decently though.
I chose "I play the Ocarina of Time" :D

Shiny Umbreon
December 13th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I play the Ocarina of Time. I am the hero of time.
o.O

I'd say some instruments just need more practice than others.

And what's a Mandolin?

Sammi
December 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I don't play any... except, well, I could try playing the recorder; I had to play it 4th-6th grade, if I remember correctly. And I can hit keys on the piano and try making it sound like a song. I know a few basic tunes on it. But that's it: they're really really basic. ._.;; At least I know where middle C is on a piano!
I really want to learn how to play the violin someday. Maybe one day, I will learn it. :D Either that, or I'd want to play piano. Yeah, I'm pretty boring.

I'm better at singing than any instrument, but I'm not good at singing either. I appreciate music and all, but I'm not really a musician. :/ That's probably from not trying good enough, though.

December 13th, 2007, 11:34 AM
And what's a Mandolin?

Blasphemy!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/GlennF5top.jpg

Ever heard Going to California? The Battle of Evermore? That's a mandolin.

Ausaudriel
December 13th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I don't play anything, but.. I've never actually put effort into it, so I wouldn't call myself a musical failure or anything. o.o;;

I'd love to learn to play an instrument, but I dunno if I'd actually stick to it if I got lessons or something. XD And I have no idea what I'd WANT to play. The piano is appealing... o3o

(Also, "Mandolin" makes me think of fruit. >____>)

Wish
December 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I currently know how to play the Violin, Clarinet, and the Piano. ^.^

Tr@ce
December 13th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Voice is an instrument too.

Chikara
December 13th, 2007, 01:41 PM
I couldn't play an instrument well to save my life.

My mom told me my big present this year is... DUH DUH DUH~
Piano lessons ._.!

Who knows, maybe the whole 'waaaa can't plaaaay' thing about me will go away~

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I got an award in 8th grade for learning how to play the guitar faster than anyone else. So I guess I'm pretty good with guitars, not that I'd know now, I haven't played since then. It was a class so I kinda had to XD;

Thomas
December 13th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I can play the piano...and...I wish I played the Ocarina...lol

Chibi-chan
December 13th, 2007, 01:52 PM
School made me learn the recorder :D

....and I forget it :D

Ben Kenobi
December 13th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I'm learning to play guitar. Been learning acoustic for about 5 months. Also have a keyboard which I, after hearing how awesome a keyboard can be, may decide to learn to play it.

Umanouski
December 13th, 2007, 04:21 PM
you forgot the best of them all, the harmonica!

Merzbau
December 13th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I play trumpet, euphonium (baritone), and tuba regularly, and I also play a little bit of bass guitar and I'm getting a guitar myself soon, along with a drum machine a friend is giving me.

So, yeah, I'm pretty much set for stuff. I have a keyboard I should learn but probably won't.

Melody
December 14th, 2007, 12:42 AM
I dont play an instrument. I wanna learn how to play the following: Keyboard, Ocarina, Guitar.
I am musically inclined in some ways I think but I cant be for sure because I've never really knew an instument well enough to adlib a song out on any instument. D:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 14th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I play the following:

Piano
Keyboard
Trumpet
Guitar
Drums

:t354:TG

Waffle-San
December 14th, 2007, 10:05 PM
I'm pretty much a failure at instruments. Though I do play amean air guitar when your looking the other way.
I've never really put any effort into trying to learn one, and it doesn't really bother me that I don't. Sports are more my thing.

I would love to learn to play the guitar though, but after my school tried to teach me how to play recorder, I don't think I have the time.

Korey
December 15th, 2007, 02:37 AM
I play the electric bass >:3
Also play a bit of electric and acoustic guitar ^^
Been playing for around 6 years :3

Sheena--Fujibayashi
December 15th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Yup, for my music classes in school I`ve always chosen the flute. Honestly, it was so hard to learn how to play... I don`t know how I`ve gotten to my level after all of my struggling. x]; It`s easier for me to play now.

Gulpin
December 15th, 2007, 08:02 AM
I play the Piano, but I'm also a musical failure. So I voted for those two.

Croconaw
December 15th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I used to play the Trumpet in 6th grade, and then auditioned to play the French Horn and made it, and i've been playing it ever since.

Azonic
December 22nd, 2007, 01:38 PM
Well i used to play the keyboard and guitar. Except I got too damn bored and threw them into a river.

So I guess I don't.

B-Baller
December 22nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
My primary instrument is the bass guitar. It's an awesome instrument, on its own or with other instruments.

I can also play the electric guitar & drums (I'm in a band and my bandmates teach me, heheh.). To a lesser extent, I can also play the piano, recorder and upright bass.

peirateis
December 22nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
I find it so sad that so many people go on through life instrument-less. ;-;

I play:
Bass
Guitar (Classical, acoustic, & electric)
Mandolin (I chose Violin.. meh, same tuning)
Drums
Piano/keyboard.
Banjo.

I'm apparently really good at bass, guitar, mando, and drums. O_o

Never really got into piano. xD I've been thinking about taking lessons recently though.

I'm kinda okay at banjo.

Oh! And I sing. :3

Umanouski
December 22nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
alright!!! A banjo player. But does anyone play the harmonica? I've played many instruments (ok, tried to) but i dont feel better after playing any one of them.

Sylphiel
December 23rd, 2007, 12:03 AM
In elementary school, I played the recorder. But then again, so did everyone else in that music class. :x

I ended up playing the flute in school for about five years, up until the end of the 10th grade. After that, I either had to choose between band and art classes, due to how my schedule was...and I ended up taking the art classes.

Haven't played much since then, sadly.

RYOUKI
December 23rd, 2007, 12:11 AM
I once played Flute, though I may have forgotten it about now. Flute is easy to play with...

I only know 3 keys to a piano. <.<

/Circa
December 23rd, 2007, 12:18 AM
I play guitar, and i've gotten quite better from when I started.
I also know a little keyboard.