PDA

View Full Version : Haiku Chain by Midnight Winged

Eos Aduro
December 15th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Hey, I write a LOT of poetry, but have never acrtually postsed here. So here is a Haiku Chain :P.

Solemn Creation
Continuous Movement
Bird: with mother wind

Reach not Summits Sky
Before dark storm erupts now
Tonight, thunder barks

Oh, fly below bird
Lightining fears no sad song
Solemn Creation

So yeah. Chain about a bird I saw trying to fly in a storm.

moody_cow_
December 16th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Ooh, I quite like it! It's just how a haiku (chain) should be I think. They're about nature, making them true haikus and they're abstract in the sense that you didn't really say anything directly, which I like, especially in short poems like haikus because if you make everything obvious, then there's really nothing left for the reader's mind to ponder.

Anyways, I thought they were breathtaking and beautiful, I love the words and phrases you used, they created in vivid images. And I thought the actual subject of the poem, [a bird trying to fly through a storm] was poetic and deep in an of itself!

Ack, sorry if it sounds like I'm like sucking up, but I really enjoyed this piece, it's so rare to find stunning haikus these days! =D

Keep up the good work, you should post more of your work! =D

Love,
Moody Cow

Eos Aduro
December 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks, Im glad youy liked it so much. Wait till I finish the narrative ballad I've been trying to write. So far got 2 pages, but Im hoping to wrap it up by 5

moody_cow_
December 17th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Jeezy creezy!!! That's a long ballad!!! The one I wrote was only like 2 pages and a half maybe... Ok, so ballads are supposed to be long and all that good stuff... Anyways, I'm looking forward to it! I'm sure it'll be beautiful! =)