PDA

View Full Version : Ever change your major?

Alakazam17
December 19th, 2007, 08:31 PM
I guess this can only be answered by college and university students, heh.

Well, have you? If so, why? Was it a good choice?

I am currently thinking of switching out of Engineering so I can be in a Mathematics program. I always liked math more than physics, and with Engineering, there is a LOT of Physics.

I personally think it will be a good choice, but I'm still a little weary. I've been an Engineering student for two years now....

melod.ii ous demyx~♪
December 19th, 2007, 08:39 PM
n_n; once already.

From Art to Elementary teaching... but, I may switch back to art again, or something different entirely.
It's just so hard to choose.

Cherrim
December 19th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I only started university in September and I haven't even gotten into the interesting part of my Computer Science major (I'm still in the general area with all the Math majors and such) but... at the moment, I can't imagine switching my major. :D I love math and I love CS, so the way my school combines them both is perfect for me. The only thing I can really see myself doing down the road is switching into the joint Math/CS major. But... I dunno if I'm good enough at math for that. XD

Sammi
December 19th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'll have to switch eventually; I'm undeclared. :D I haven't actually declared anything yet, though. :/ I'm still debating on what I want to do. I'm considering majoring in German or in something culinary related, as I love food and cooking. Maybe I could double major? I could be a German-speaking chef 8D How awesome is that? *shot*

Alakazam17
December 19th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I only started university in September and I haven't even gotten into the interesting part of my Computer Science major (I'm still in the general area with all the Math majors and such) but... at the moment, I can't imagine switching my major. :D I love math and I love CS, so the way my school combines them both is perfect for me. The only thing I can really see myself doing down the road is switching into the joint Math/CS major. But... I dunno if I'm good enough at math for that. XD Wow, very similar to what I'm thinking of switching to. I'll either be a Maths Major, or a joint Math/CS major as you already said. XD

Radikaru
December 20th, 2007, 06:54 AM
I changed my major twice before I quit going to college, lol.

At first I was majoring in music, because I thought I wanted to do something there since I have a natural talent for that. Then by my sophomore year I lost the motivation for music and changed my major to herbal medicine, because I'm a hippie, but I eventually decided that college wasn't for me and I just stopped going.

Twinx
December 20th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Well, this is my first year in Graphic Design. I was considering changing my major at the beginning of the semester, but now it's growing on me..
Besides, I don't see myself doing anything else :P

Note: Me and Maths are sworn enemies :D lol

Randall Raichu
December 20th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I was going to be strictly game design, but I moved to graphic design for more of an open job area.