PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Rocks America

DragonMaster
October 13th, 2003, 6:16 PM
i want to know wut exactly is this thing, all i know is dat they r goin to have previews of pokemon games, sneak peeks of Pokemon:Advanced, and dat nintendo is uveiling a super secret hidden pokemon character, and also y isn't dis event ocurrin at da pokemon center?

Kairi
October 13th, 2003, 6:19 PM
Three lucky cities will host Pokmon Rocks America, a one-of-a-kind traveling Pokmon road show! We spread the love across three great states, and were ready to rock in the following three cities:

Saturday, October 25th -- St. Louis, Missouri Union Station
Saturday, November 8th Houston, Texas Houston Space Center
Saturday, November 15th San Diego, California Balboa Park

Get ready for one of the biggest Pokmon parties weve ever thrown, which will include previews of upcoming games and movies, a chance to compete against other Pokmon Ruby and Sapphire players, and a carnival of Pokmon games, contests, and cool prizes! Were also showing sneak peeks of the Pokmon Advanced animated series, holding a trading card game clinic, and bringing out some Pokmon characters in full costume!

Also on-site will be a traveling Pokmon Center Store featuring exclusive merchandise from the Pokmon Center NY, which will allow visitors to purchase special items normally available only at the New York City store.

And, just announced, we will be unveiling a super secret hidden Pokmon character at the three events, including Pokdex information and vitals stats! Come on down and check it out -- it will be a great time for kids of all ages!

Aria
October 14th, 2003, 6:12 AM
HOUSTON TEXAS?! O_O I could go to that! It's about time they have some kind of Pokmon convention here... *races off to find her mom*

G-LANCE
October 14th, 2003, 6:17 AM
Three lucky cities will host Pokmon Rocks America, a one-of-a-kind traveling Pokmon road show! We spread the love across three great states, and we’re ready to rock in the following three cities:

Saturday, October 25th -- St. Louis, Missouri – Union Station
Saturday, November 8th – Houston, Texas – Houston Space Center
Saturday, November 15th – San Diego, California – Balboa Park

Get ready for one of the biggest Pokmon parties we’ve ever thrown, which will include previews of upcoming games and movies, a chance to compete against other Pokmon Ruby and Sapphire players, and a carnival of Pokmon games, contests, and cool prizes! We’re also showing sneak peeks of the Pokmon Advanced animated series, holding a trading card game clinic, and bringing out some Pokmon characters in full costume!

Also on-site will be a traveling Pokmon Center Store featuring exclusive merchandise from the Pokmon Center NY, which will allow visitors to purchase special items normally available only at the New York City store.

And, just announced, we will be unveiling a super secret hidden Pokmon character at the three events, including Pokdex information and vitals stats! Come on down and check it out -- it will be a great time for kids of all ages!

ARRRGG!
<random cuss word>
i used to live in san diego, and i know where balboa park is. it's really fun

ARRRGGG!

btw the "new pokemon character" is 99.99999% jirachi or deoxys (actually better make it 100%)

John Denver
October 16th, 2003, 9:56 AM
Dangit, why can't there be one in minnepolis or something like that....too bad it wasn't like it was 5 years ago...drag

BOO ya!

Porygon
October 17th, 2003, 7:31 AM
Lol, and there were some people who thought Pokmon was dead! How wrong they were!

Why can't these things come to Canada

jynx
October 17th, 2003, 11:08 AM
i want to know wut exactly is this thing, all i know is dat they r goin to have previews of pokemon games, sneak peeks of Pokemon:Advanced, and dat nintendo is uveiling a super secret hidden pokemon character, and also y isn't dis event ocurrin at da pokemon center?
Its a game :D
http://www.pokemon.com
click Pokemon Rocks America (the loading part)
You'll even get a wall paper if you can answer those questions correctly :D

Kayleigh
October 23rd, 2003, 2:32 PM
Ooh, do you think they will have Jirachi and Deoxys that can be traded onto guests GBA?

Tweak
October 23rd, 2003, 7:09 PM
;) i'll be in san deigo on *pokemon rocks* to take photos and collect news...also to have fun.

if anyone else is going please post. i'm going to college @ university of california at riverside (about an hour from san deigo).

Kairi
October 23rd, 2003, 7:16 PM
Oh that'll be cool. Going to put them up on your site?

Marisa
October 25th, 2003, 6:59 PM
Oh that'll be cool. Going to put them up on your site?

=3 I was there today in St. Louis. ^^

My friend Li and I dressed up as Team Rocket. We were a *huge* hit. ^_^ Nobody else dressed up as Team Rocket... ;_; very few people dressed up in general. We did get to chase Pikachu off the stage, though. ^_^

Hey, watch for us! We might be in the commercial and/or newscasts for the Houston and San Diego "Pokemon Rocks America" place thingies. ^^ They recorded us doing the TR Motto, and holding up signs that said "Our jobs are at stake! Donate your Pokmon!"

But anyway, enough about us. I'll tell you about the convention. Over here, it was DEFINITELY worth it. There was an arcade FULL of Pokemon games for every system. Much fun. They screened the first two episodes of Pokmon Advance in English for us-- I saw the first one on KidsWB a few months back, but the second one was something new. (If there's any hardcore Megaman fans out there, one might notice that Team Magma dresses a LOT like Original Protoman...)

There was also a load of awesome games on stage, too. I missed the karaoke contest... I was eating... and I wasn't even hungry... I could have won a GBASP. But there was a shouting contest ("Shout your favorite Pokmon's name!!"), a Pokmon impression contest (I got to be Jigglypuff. Everyone was so SHOCKED at my Jigglypuff impression, I sounded just like her!!), and of course, a raffle for the Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire games.

And, if nothing else, go for the people. I found that I could strike up a conversation with almost anybody with perfect ease. Although, most of them started with, "Look! It's Team Rocket! Hi, Team Rocket!"

Once Li gets the pictures developed, I'll show you guys. Although we did make it onto Pokemon.com. ^_^

http://pokemon.com/events/index.asp?articleID=477

Li and I are the ones in the Team Rocket costumes, next to the giant Mudkip. I'm wearing white. XD My hair is so messed up...

Igglybuddy
October 25th, 2003, 8:26 PM
=3 I was there today in St. Louis. ^^

Eeee! I'm so jealous...you guys had an awesome time by the sounds of it. And you're famous now, too! Wahhhh T.T LOL ^_~

ash_misty4ever
October 26th, 2003, 9:53 AM
I was there too! I won the karaoke contest. the only bad thing was I HATE SINGING!! im good at it but i just dont like to sing......... anyway I won a gba sp and the Pokemon r/s. I was sooo happy

they had games and the lines were OUTRAGEOUS. I had to wait in line for 20 minutes!
I saw marisa she chased a pikachu with her friend and made a sign that said "donate your Pokemon!" hehehehehe

Marisa
October 26th, 2003, 10:48 AM
XD I remember you! Wow, small internet... You came all the way from... Nebraska, was it? Well, you sure got something for it. Enjoying your SP? ^^
I was going to enter that contest... but I was EATING... and the rice wasn't even that good.

Li's and mine signs actually went together. Mine said "Our Jobs are at stake!" and hers said "Donate your Pokmon!!"

Tweak
October 26th, 2003, 12:17 PM
XD I remember you! Wow, small internet... You came all the way from... Nebraska, was it? Well, you sure got something for it. Enjoying your SP? ^^
I was going to enter that contest... but I was EATING... and the rice wasn't even that good.

Li's and mine signs actually went together. Mine said "Our Jobs are at stake!" and hers said "Donate your Pokmon!!"

ooo, it looks really fun!!! i wasn't even thinking about cosplay :P i shud reconsider it. i can't wait till it comes to san deigo, cali.

is there an age limit to anything? (i'm 18...but i can pass as 15/16 ahhaha)

Marisa
October 26th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Well, people under 21 need to sign some kinda release form to be on the internet and TV and stuff... but no, there's no age limit, and it's all free! =3

Tweak
October 26th, 2003, 2:15 PM
Well, people under 21 need to sign some kinda release form to be on the internet and TV and stuff... but no, there's no age limit, and it's all free! =3

:cool: nice. free-ness :cool: i have to wait for about another month. *sigh*

Kitzaku
October 26th, 2003, 6:45 PM
Muahaha...~! Yeah, I'm Li, the other part of the Team Rocket duo that was cosplaying at Pokemon Rocks St. Louis.

Ne, you SHOULD cosplay there! You get a whole bunch of attention, because if the other two are anything like St. Louis, then there won't be very many people running around like the dorks we were.

... though, being a minor-league Webmistress, one of my FAVORITE parts was meeting the owner of Pokemon.com. XD I get e-mails from all over requesting icons and fanfiction and updates for my websites (I own the first shrines to Manta(morty) from Shaman King, Otogi (duke devlin) from Yu Gi Oh and Max from Beyblade) so meeting one of the top dogs in all of 'internet land' was REALLY SPIFFEH!

And getting to say the Team Rocket motto with Marisa on stage was pretty awesome too. ^_^; We even got the kids to yell out "Meowth,that's right!" because of our poor lack of a Meowth. Woo...

Anyway, Some random Nokia lady took our picture and it was posted on the internet, so here it is!

http://www.attwirelessphotos.com/userImages/nncwye

Yeah, I'm the one in black and Marisa is the one in white.... I don't think I have any peektures of us with our signs though. T_T

When I get the rest of my pictures developed and scanned, I can show everyone the one I have of Marisa and I fighting over this little Pikachu cosplayer. Whee!

Oh, for those of you who haven't seen Pokemon Advanced yet, Joshua, the new Prof. Burch's assisstant is to die for. ^_^

Marisa
October 26th, 2003, 7:26 PM
^^ Here's the picture that I got from the Nokia lady:

http://www.geocities.com/mismischan/narblb.jpg.txt

Kitzaku
October 26th, 2003, 8:03 PM
^_^ I wonder if that Nokia lady thinks we're psycho?

Tweak
October 27th, 2003, 10:24 AM
cool photos with that giant mudkip, i wish there was a giant psyduck though! many people cosplay in the LA area (cause of the many conventions and all) but i haven't noticed any pokemon cosplaying in the past two or three years, it must have died out.

Greed
October 27th, 2003, 1:19 PM
I live in Houston!!! *gasps* That means Pokemon is coming to my town??? WEEEE! *celebrates* Ima hve to try and go.. Wait, does it cost anything to go there? O.o;; I need to know that..

*celebrates and dies*

~CaRtOON

YAS1
October 27th, 2003, 2:11 PM
I can't wait either! San Diego is only an hour away from me. but, how can i see the videos if theres no picture?

Tweak
October 27th, 2003, 3:12 PM
I can't wait either! San Diego is only an hour away from me. but, how can i see the videos if theres no picture?

where do you live, orange county?

ash_misty4ever
October 27th, 2003, 3:55 PM
There were huge Pokemon blow ups! it was awesome. they had a big screen t.v and these pokemon flag-type things. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO TO AT LEAST ONR OF THEM!!!! it is soooo fun.

The thing was I didnt make any friend WAHHHHH

Marisa
October 27th, 2003, 5:18 PM

What'choo talkin' bout, Em? *I'LL* Be your friend. (Wait, you were Emma, right? Or Taylor? XD There were two girls on stage..)

Oh, and for whoever asked, entrance to the convention is 100% FREE, but things like cards or plushies will cost money if you want to buy them. ^^

Kitzaku
October 27th, 2003, 5:30 PM
There were huge Pokemon blow ups! it was awesome. they had a big screen t.v and these pokemon flag-type things. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO TO AT LEAST ONR OF THEM!!!! it is soooo fun.

It's hard to make friends when you're there for only 4 hours and that's it! You have fun, and leave, and probably never see half those people again.

But then, a day later, you get on PokeCommunity.com and go: "Holy Cow, I saw yoo there!" And then you're friends. ^^; Whee!

So, I can be your friend too. And I also checked out your site on MSN! I'm like... a dormant Pokemon fan, so the .gifs you had were so adorable! ^.~

YAS1
October 27th, 2003, 6:48 PM
where do you live, orange county?
Yeah, I live in Orange County.

DragonMaster
October 28th, 2003, 5:26 PM
koo, it looks like ya had fun, i rellay liked li and marisa's team rocket costumes, but i have a question wut games were shown cuz i heard dat they were showin previews of games.

Kayleigh
October 28th, 2003, 6:35 PM
*GASPS* MY MOM'S THINKING ABOUT TAKING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_O I just need to know some things, before she decides. Okay, anyone who's been and knows the answers, and who will answer these simple questions, I will be eternally grateful to. T-T

I heard that it is free, is that right?

How long does it last? (When does it start, when does it end?)

For the one in Texas, isn't it at the Johnson Space Center? (I heard one space center, but I'm not sure. >_>)

And.. any other tips for having fun there would be appreciated. ^_^ *gets so wired up out of excitement that she blasts off to space*

Kairi
October 28th, 2003, 6:45 PM
Pokmon Rocks Houston
Saturday, November 8th
10:00 am - 4 pm
Space Center Houston (outside)
I-45 South Exit, Nasa Parkway
Cost:Free

That's all I know. ^_^;

Tweak
October 28th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I live in Orange County.

if you are going, or anyone else from south cali, and have pokemon gba maybe we can battle/trade. and have a little PC member gathering.

i'll be a freak and cosplay as haruka so really noticable (almost done with her costume, i'll post a pic of it later i have to add black part to the red shirt) :P

*two more weeks + to wait until it gets to SD!* (hopefully the wildfires will be cleared out!)

Miyu-chan
October 29th, 2003, 4:55 AM
*Mutters* Even if I move to the US, those three places are way~ too far from where I live. ;_; Unless I could get my mom to drive me to San Diego... But that's impossable at this moment. ;P Good luck people, have fun! XD

Kayleigh
October 29th, 2003, 7:03 AM
Pokmon Rocks Houston
Saturday, November 8th
10:00 am - 4 pm
Space Center Houston (outside)
I-45 South Exit, Nasa Parkway
Cost:Free

That's all I know. ^_^;Thank you! T-T I've got to show this to my mom! I don't even know if she'll let me go anyways, since Houston's about 5 hours away from where I live. (And she's not liking the idea of driving 5 hours just for a Pokmon thing, lol. ._.)

Amy-chan
November 9th, 2003, 5:42 PM
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black];) i'll be in san deigo on *pokemon rocks* to take photos and collect news...also to have fun.

if anyone else is going please post. i'm going to college @ university of california at riverside (about an hour from san deigo).[FONT=Times New Roman]

Reply - I'm going to San Diego, Zapchu. If you see a girl with an Ash hat and a Pikachu peeping out of her backpack, ask her if she's pika-mew. She probably will be. Will anyone else who's going also look for me?

Tweak
November 12th, 2003, 10:49 AM
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black][FONT=Times New Roman]

Reply - I'm going to San Diego, Zapchu. If you see a girl with an Ash hat and a Pikachu peeping out of her backpack, ask her if she's pika-mew. She probably will be. Will anyone else who's going also look for me?

i can imagine my situtation at that moment...*sees tons of pokemon fans with ash's hat and pikachu stuffies* :\

ONLY...few more days!! :P haruka/may cosplay completion? 10%

this event starts at 12:00 ends at 4pm? i beleive? someone correct me if i am wrong.

Amy-chan
November 12th, 2003, 4:30 PM
i can imagine my situtation at that moment...*sees tons of pokemon fans with ash's hat and pikachu stuffies* :\

ONLY...few more days!! :P haruka/may cosplay completion? 10%

this event starts at 12:00 ends at 4pm? i beleive? someone correct me if i am wrong. I thought of this problem as well and told it to my mom. She said that since it is the only costume I have I should wear it anyways. I thought of a solution, though. Look for my sign, which says, " I'm Ash Ketchum from the town of Pallet. I'm destined to be the world's # 1 Pokemon Trainer. I'll be glad to have a Pokemon battle with anyone who asks." Also, you were right about the time this ends but wrong about the time it starts, which is 10:00.

Tweak
November 12th, 2003, 10:33 PM
I thought of this problem as well and told it to my mom. She said that since it is the only costume I have I should wear it anyways. I thought of a solution, though. Look for my sign, which says, " I'm Ash Ketchum from the town of Pallet. I'm destined to be the world's # 1 Pokemon Trainer. I'll be glad to have a Pokemon battle with anyone who asks." Also, you were right about the time this ends but wrong about the time it starts, which is 10:00.

10am is quite early. two more days! :confused:

Kayleigh
November 14th, 2003, 3:18 PM
I hope the San Diego convention will be as fun as the Houston one, because if it is then y'all will have a blast! XD It's obvious that they try hard to make these kinds of events successful and fun.

Tweak
November 14th, 2003, 6:56 PM
as i mentioned before in the art thread, i also made an ash adv gen cosplay. :) if anyone dares wear it, ask me tommorow at the event.

you have to be somewhere between 5'0''-5'7'' and 100lbs-135lbs i suppose. if you are a few pounds or inches off, i guess its okay. but if your too short the thing will go to your knees. :laugh:

punkie90
November 15th, 2003, 6:44 AM
yyes, lol true! my mom would never 6ake me to a pokemon thing!

Tweak
November 15th, 2003, 7:45 PM
ohhhh man, i was a cool idiot to go up on stage. =D anyways, i have many photos on my webpage. there were two ash cosplays, 1 nurse joy cosplay, and a team rocket gang cosplay. lines were VERY long. how did everyone else's day go? :paranoid:

Kayleigh
November 15th, 2003, 8:19 PM
Wow, good to hear it went well. ^_^ I almost entered the karaoke (sp?) contest, which was a HUGE deal for me. XP I'm usually so shy around other people, but my mom actually agreed that this was the only time when she really thought that I would've done it. The only problem was that I had already been standing in this long never-ending line for ages, and I didn't want to just suddenly lose my place so I couldn't do it. ._." Anyways, do you think it was as crowded as the one in Houston? I'm sure, but ya never know. The one I went to had over 1,000 people. O_O;

Amy-chan
November 15th, 2003, 9:48 PM
ohhhh man, i was a cool idiot to go up on stage. =D anyways, i have many photos on my webpage. there were two ash cosplays, 1 nurse joy cosplay, and a team rocket gang cosplay. lines were VERY long. how did everyone else's day go? :paranoid:
Did one of the Ash cosplays have a Pikachu peeking out of her backpack? Also, were you the May girl that was making announcements all day? I looked everywhere but saw no May but that one.Also, I saw the cosplays you mentioned.

Tweak
November 16th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Did one of the Ash cosplays have a Pikachu peeking out of her backpack? Also, were you the May girl that was making announcements all day? I looked everywhere but saw no May but that one.Also, I saw the cosplays you mentioned.

i changed my mind when i got to SD...i was cold, it was in the morning. >_< and the ash sweater was the only sweater i had. so i ended up not cosplaying as May. o_O;; there were TONS of kids with ash hats...ahah..i hope nintendo has another event!! my only regret is that i wish i cuda used my May cosplay. >_<

i left at 1:30 though. cause the lines were long. i was dressed up in adv. generation ash cosplay...and went up on stg for that team magma VS team aqua. :cheeky: i like team magma better...doh.

Amy-chan
November 16th, 2003, 1:56 PM
i changed my mind when i got to SD...i was cold, it was in the morning. >_< and the ash sweater was the only sweater i had. so i ended up not cosplaying as May. o_O;; there were TONS of kids with ash hats...ahah..i hope nintendo has another event!! my only regret is that i wish i cuda used my May cosplay. >_<

i left at 1:30 though. cause the lines were long. i was dressed up in adv. generation ash cosplay...and went up on stg for that team magma VS team aqua. :cheeky: i like team magma better...doh.
Do you have any pictures of you at the TM VS. TA? I probably saw you!

Tweak
November 16th, 2003, 5:10 PM
Do you have any pictures of you at the TM VS. TA? I probably saw you!

uh nope, but i got fotos of the entire event:

http://zapchu.com/pokemonrocks_i.htm

too bad i didn't see anyone...it was very crowded. -_-;

Kayleigh
November 17th, 2003, 7:54 AM
Wow, cool pictures! ^_^; I wish I could've gone to that one too.

Amy-chan
January 26th, 2004, 10:31 AM
uh nope, but i got fotos of the entire event:

http://zapchu.com/pokemonrocks_i.htm

too bad i didn't see anyone...it was very crowded. -_-;I saw you!!!!! The Pikachu was dirty and old, and it was Ash's OLD L hat. Do these details help? Also, I would have gone up for the Pikachu Freeze dance... She had finally chosen me and I would have gone up if some ignorant people had moved to let me through!!! :( She then forgot she had picked me and picked someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had waited SOOOOOOO long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dissapointing!!! *almost shrivels up out of sadness, dissapointment, and anger* Also I heard there will be another PRA. Any info, anyone?

----------------------------------------
~ Edited by Kayleigh
Uhh... I took out most of those exclamtion marks so you wouldn't have to scroll to the side to read posts. XD

Tweak
January 30th, 2004, 11:39 PM
I saw you!!!!! The Pikachu was dirty and old, and it was Ash's OLD L hat. Do these details help? Also, I would have gone up for the Pikachu Freeze dance... She had finally chosen me and I would have gone up if some ignorant people had moved to let me through!!! :( She then forgot she had picked me and picked someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had waited SOOOOOOO long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dissapointing!!! *almost shrivels up out of sadness, dissapointment, and anger* Also I heard there will be another PRA. Any info, anyone?

~ Edited by Kayleigh
Uhh... I took out most of those exclamtion marks so you wouldn't have to scroll to the side to read posts. XD

O_O; wow this topic was revived from...november. o_O; kekeke, i saw a lotta people with pikachus. also nurse joy! and two ash's and a team rocket group. toooo many people. if they do have another event, maybe we should bring picket signs or fog horns. xD

Jirachi
May 22nd, 2004, 7:53 PM
"Pokemon Rocks America!"

Grr.. Who cares about America? They already have enough there.
I want a Pokemon Centre in Scotland, or at least England, I live right on the border.

Arcanine
May 22nd, 2004, 8:47 PM
This thread is over four months old. Do not bring up old threads.
*Closed*