PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Traditions

Rebellious Treecko
December 20th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Like the title says, Do you do have any family tradtions during the holidays? (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzza, etc?)

Do you hang up christmas lights, do you bake tons of cookies for your friends? What special things do you do during the holiday season?

Shadowthinker
December 21st, 2007, 12:43 AM
Usually there is always a suggestion from my mum to go overseas.But i refuse because i don't like being on a plane.

Sheena--Fujibayashi
December 21st, 2007, 02:12 AM
Every Christmas my mom makes rice balls [or there`s an option for grilled rice balls... ;;~] & we get forced to eat it them because basically they`re healthy for you. u__u;

I don`t think that`s really a tradition, but every Christmas that I can remember theres always been rice balls. It`s getting really boring now.

PB
December 21st, 2007, 02:20 AM
Every Christmas day we would have gone to my Nans house for a party but she died this year so we won't ; . ;, and that was our only tradition so my family want to start some new ones this year.

Razer302
December 21st, 2007, 08:30 AM
I only have a tree up every year. The most common thing is everyone going to someones house for Christmas dinner. But I hate it and am never doing it when I am older. I don't enjoy the whole eating round table. It is all fake. My family never spend much time together and my dad and his brother don't like each other but on Christmas day they are like the best of friends.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
December 21st, 2007, 11:30 AM
Usually we put up a Christmas tree, decorate it, sometimes put up outside lights, etc.

But we're only just moving back into our house today so I don't know how much will actually get done...-_-

Sammi
December 21st, 2007, 11:43 AM
We put up the tree on Thanksgiving. Sometimes we have a big breakfast on Christmas day. We usually go to church Christmas Eve. It's not much.

This year, I'll also be participating in another one, the Christmas Eve party at my great-grandma's in Wisconsin which has been delayed to the 26th because one of our relatives wouldn't be in until then. Luckily, I fly into Wisconsin that day, so if all goes well with the airports, I'll go to the party, too. ;D

Azonic
December 22nd, 2007, 02:31 PM
All we do is put up a xmas tree, thats it D:

Waffle-San
December 22nd, 2007, 03:13 PM
Well we put up the Christmas tree on the first weekend of December. The only thing I can really think of is that, me and my brother are aloud to open one gift on Christmas Eve. It's ussually pretty fun.
I like being able to open one but also go to bed with a bunch still under the tree.

Random
December 22nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
All I really do is hang up Christmas lights, just to be part of the competition with other neighbor's Christmas light decorations around my area.

Spaekle Oddberry
December 22nd, 2007, 05:51 PM
PUMPKIN ROLL! <3

Every year, my grandma makes PUMPKIN ROLL! <3 It's this pumpkin bread stuff rolled up with cream cheese in the middle and nuts on the top. I only get it around Christmas time, and it's the best thing ever!

And there's other stuff, like going to my grandparents' on Christmas Eve and opening our presents and having party snacks all day. Then, on Christmas Day, it's at our house, and we have an actual big dinner thing.

PUMPKIN ROLL! <3

peirateis
December 22nd, 2007, 07:04 PM
Well, we put up lights around the house, and put up a Chrissums tree. On the Eve, each of us opens an 'ornament' (in recent years, it's become more of a novelty item of any sort) and put it on the tree. And, in the past, all four of the kin in my family have slept downstairs, to the original Star Wars trilogy. But, recently, that's been reduced to just me staying awake until about 4 am. 8D

latioslegends
December 22nd, 2007, 07:27 PM
Well every My uncles, or mom switch off on who has the christmas party. The first few hours are good, but when my mother stays to talk or one of my uncles talks to my mother, it takes like until 1:00 AM, come on it's christmas eve I want to get some sleep!

Gulpin
December 22nd, 2007, 07:39 PM
We don't have many traditions, but this year will be different. My Aunt and Grandmother are coming to our house on Christmas, when usually we celebrate Christmas with just our immediate family.

Kayleigh
December 22nd, 2007, 08:47 PM
My family does all of the traditional stuff during Christmas, such as hanging up lights, putting up a tree, and eating a big meal together. My grandfather usually puts together a few games for us to play, as well, which makes everything more fun!

On Christmas Eve, we all open our gifts from each other--and save the more expensive special ones for when we wake up the next morning. (We just call them the gifts from "Santa Claus", for the kids.) So we actually have two present-filled days in a row, which is just... awesome. My family really knows how to celebrate Christmas. XD

Firebird306
December 24th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Lets see, we put up a tree, we put lights up outside our house, we visit our relatives up north, we usually get a gingerbread house from the shops but this year we made a gingerbread sleigh instead, I record Santa going past our house each year, he goes around the neighbourhood throwing lollies to all the kids a couple of days before Christmas and we get chocolate coins in our stockings. I can't think of anything else besides presents. XD

RYOUKI
December 24th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Sadly to say but, We don't have any Christmas tradition, except for fireworks though.

Actually, to be honest, IF I got a present from my parents, then it's a Special Christmas. Mostly every Christmas, We Don't get presents, since we have our friends.

Since we moved out, This is gonna be the most depressing christmas yet.

... Not Unless I got my DS. xD

シーツー
December 24th, 2007, 01:02 AM
We hang up Christmas lights since we don't put up a Christmas tree. This is because we don't really like this trees anymore and since we had a puppy, we won't get a Christmas tree. (And I'm lucky about, because I don't like them.)
Every Christmas we bulid stars and hang them on the window. We usually bake cookies but this year we baked a cake, yum!
On December 24th (so today) my family and me, we walk through the forest and eat a delicious dinner. After that we get our presents^^

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 24th, 2007, 08:47 AM
bleh -_-"

we decorate the house 2 weeks before Christmas, buy candy canes and other X-mas related Candy, hang it around the house while me and my brothers eat it all XD

Christmas day: I get presents from my parents, aunt and granny. So thats a lot of stuff

:t354:TG

Rebellious Treecko
December 28th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I put up the tree and the lights and the christmas music right after Thanksgiving.
There's also this cute advent calendar that has some candy in each window.

On Christmas Day, some friends come over and we have turkey and watch movies together. (after opening presents)