View Full Version : Speed?

December 24th, 2007, 7:18 AM
Just a simple question, are you good at typing?
Can you type really fast and without looking at the keyboard?
Yep, I can type really fast and type without looking at the keyboard. I know this isn't something new...XD

December 24th, 2007, 7:28 AM
Yes. :3 I think most of us are, really. However, I slow down and start making typos if people are watching. ;0;

Also, my fingers are used to the next-to-nothing key spacing of my laptop, so desktops with huge clunky keyboards slow me down. >__<

mewthree w/armor
December 24th, 2007, 7:32 AM
I wear out keyboards due to my typing method, I don't use my one thumb to spacebar so my keyboard suffer for it. I can type fast, but sometimes I make a ton of error. X_X

December 24th, 2007, 7:37 AM
Yes. :3 I think most of us are, really. However, I slow down and start making typos if people are watching. ;0;

Also, my fingers are used to the next-to-nothing key spacing of my laptop, so desktops with huge clunky keyboards slow me down. >__<

double that! I don't really slow down but I'm not THAT fast at first ^^;;

For this one, oppositely I'm faster at huge desktop keyboards. It's uncomfortable for me to use a laptop one to type.

Oh,but I was using desktop keyboard when I said to Marz 'Gekki' instead of 'Hello'.

December 24th, 2007, 7:53 AM
I type around 70 wpm in English without errors and 120 or so in German. I haven't had to look at the keyboard to type in about 10 years or so.

zel 2.0
December 24th, 2007, 8:04 AM
Nope, and, I don't really care about writing at mach-3 speed. What's the rush? Where's the fire? I prefer to be writing more carefully rather than making a ton of mistakes (specially when I write at a foreign language)

Obviously, I'm the one who's always behind on msn, though... -o-

December 24th, 2007, 8:10 AM
I like to think I'm decent - I don't know my exact WPM, but I know I'm not slow at all when it comes to typing.

I have the keyboard memorized, too, so I don't need to look at the keyboard that often and can even type at night with only the light of my monitor to go by. Though it does make for some interesting typos should I accidentally misplace my hands...

December 24th, 2007, 8:16 AM
Any time my parents are in the room while I'm typing, they usually just stop and stare because apparently I type really fast. XD I make a lot of noise when I type though (not sure why) so I think that's all they're amazed about. They think I'm just bashing my hands on the keyboard to make it look like I type faster, but I'm not, so they're mesmerized. I dunno. :C

I type fairly quickly, though. I mean, with the amount of time I spend on the computer and on forums, I've just learnt to type fast without looking at the keyboard. I can sometimes make a ton of typos but I'm really quick to correct those too. XD; I'm a bit slower in the dark simply because I do rely on peripheral vision a bit to judge where my hands are on the keyboard. :x

Soul Eater
December 24th, 2007, 8:18 AM
Actaully, it depends on my mood. I can type really fast but I also type with two fingers. Some people are amazed that I can type so fast with only two fingers as well. I never liked learning the formal way of typing because it was hard for me. I'm so used to typing my own way that its just my custom. o.o;

Tangerine Fox
December 24th, 2007, 8:27 AM
Depends, really. If I need to write rapid fire or the words are just coming that fast, I was last tested at 88 WPM without error. I don't know how fast I can go if you count in an occasional typo or two. It also depends on what I'm typing. If it has tricky keys, I'll have to slow down, but if I'm not having to do much with the far sides of the bottom row, then I'm usually good.

Migraines slow me down and make me write gibberish even I can't figure out later on. =p

It always surprises me when I meet people who can't type without looking -- it trips me up, but some of the people I've met can't type for crap if they don't. When I was a kid, I loved to write, and got a hand-me-down laptop from, like, 97 or older. It had no internet and there was only one extra program on it: Mariam Webster's Typing. It played Beethoven's 9th in digital beeps whenever you made a typo (and over one another if you made multiple mistakes), so you learned the basics quick. ._.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 24th, 2007, 8:56 AM
I think I can type pretty okay or average, but I always have serve pain in my Right risk like I always do and that makes me type slower than usual because i noticed that I type with my left hand way more quickly then my right

December 24th, 2007, 9:32 AM
Yeah I type real fast. I don't look at the keyboard when I type, I usually look at the screen to see what it is I'm typing, that way I know if I made a typo or not. I can also type very well without looking at the screen or keyboard, but the chances of typoing increase but a lot.

December 24th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I'm getting there.

I'm quite fast but sometimes make a few typos.

I can't do it without looking. [I might train that]

December 24th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I can type fairly fast. At my school we have typing tests, and my record is 98 words per minute, 100% accuracy. The highest at my school. yay! I don't look at the keyboard, and I'm slow at these: !@#$%^&*().

December 24th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I can type okay but not amazingly fast. It's called touch-typing guys, for those who didn't know. My average speed is about 65 WPM, which kind of sucks. Just google typing speed test.

December 24th, 2007, 9:28 PM
I'm not really fast but i'm not slow.

Ayano Katagiri
December 24th, 2007, 11:09 PM
I'm reasonably fast on a keyboard, especially when I know exactly what I have to type down. But if I have no idea what I'm meant to be typing, then it takes longer with the added thinking time.

December 25th, 2007, 5:01 AM
I try to make my friends IRL jealous because I can touch type and they can't. But when they're looking at me, or putting pressure on me, I tend to type REALLY fast, but it all repeats itself over and over. Then I just edit my work when I get home. XD

Typing fast also used to bring up the issue of speed posting for me...

December 25th, 2007, 11:29 AM
omgwtfbbqwaffles. YES! I guess I can type without lookin..

December 25th, 2007, 5:21 PM
Well sweeties, I can type fast without looking at the keyboard. X3 Thank you video games/Mario teaches typing! XD

December 25th, 2007, 5:23 PM
I'm like scary at typing I don't even need to be looking at the keyboard lol

December 25th, 2007, 5:32 PM
I'm too fast. It pretty much shows I'm a nerd if anyone sees me type...

Rebellious Treecko
December 25th, 2007, 8:01 PM
I can type somewhat fast; for a person who hunts and pecks.
I don't type too fast, but I'm not very slow either. ^^

December 25th, 2007, 8:09 PM
I'm only 54 WPM. I phail at typing V_V;

December 25th, 2007, 8:18 PM
My friends say I type insanely fast. I guess I kinda do xD

December 25th, 2007, 8:43 PM
not the fastest typer but still fast.

December 28th, 2007, 8:54 AM
Yes I can do as you say. And we call it "touch-typing" here. Basically because you are doing it by touch and memory, and not doing it by looking at the keyboard.

December 28th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I can type really fast if I know what I'm typing. I can't remember the exact scores of my typing tests, but I'm pretty sure I've broken 100 WPM at times. I usually don't type that fast, though. I have to pause to think about what I want to say, so it's a cycle of fast typing and then stopping. XD;;

Speaking of fast typing skills, I shocked my grandpa yesterday. I was typing pretty fast then, and he was just amazed at my speed.

The Real AAA
December 28th, 2007, 12:06 PM
oh yeah trust me, right now i'm typing this with out looking at the keyboard!!

December 28th, 2007, 5:20 PM
55-6? WPM in English. You decide if it is fast or slow.

December 28th, 2007, 7:40 PM
I'm pretty average, since I don't chat as much as I used too - haha. It's about 45 wpm - my speed. ._.

December 29th, 2007, 9:07 PM
Although I do not type the proper way, I still use three fingers on my right hand and one on my left, and the way in which I do type means I end up writing things quickly. I usually remain at a constant speed, but I can go faster if I decide to.

December 29th, 2007, 9:19 PM
I use four finger on each hand so I type at an incredible rate of speed.

December 29th, 2007, 9:56 PM
Considering that I don't have many important things to say, I have no need to type fast, though I am able too when I feel like it. If I am in the mood, I can do about:
40 to 50 WPM (Without looking at the keyboard)
50+ (Looking at the keyboard)

Though I do make my share of errors.

December 29th, 2007, 9:58 PM
I used to be a rather slow typer when I was in typing classes. I couldn't handle the formal way, with keeping the hands in the exact positions. Now that I've spent a great amount of time on the computer and typing, my speed has improved my way. I just type with my fingers going in any direction.

As for not looking, there are times when I have to look. But the way that my desk is situated compared to my chair, I can see my keyboard without moving my eyes away from the screen. Darn the fact that my desk is so low and my chair so high. There are also times when I have to look at the keyboard, like when I have a headache, or the keys stick and I have to pound a certain key. So I have to make sure that I pound the correct key.

I am also rather fast at typing with one hand. It was a task I practiced for a fanfiction I'm writing based on a book, and I wanted to make sure I had the facts correct while typing.

December 30th, 2007, 2:22 AM
I am good in typing. I can type very fast. But sometimes I will write wrongly.

~Rene~ :t025:

December 30th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I peck at the key letters, kinda fast, but I just peck'em with one hand.

December 30th, 2007, 11:10 AM
I can touch type but i dont do it very often only in the dark late at night and i can only use one keyboard

Suposeidly i type 40 words per min

with a few typos

December 30th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Somewhat. I'm fast when I'm looking at the board, but I don't quite focus on the keys. >>

December 30th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I type about 350 words per minute... so I guess I'm fast.
I learned typing with 10 fingers when I was 10^^

December 30th, 2007, 6:48 PM
I type fast, not good. If I don't look,then all my words are screwed.

December 30th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I type decently fast, but I find myself typing even faster, when im logging in a password into a machine or network, when other people are around to spy on me. :P

December 31st, 2007, 12:54 AM
Apparently, I'm 152 words per minute.

viridian doubletongue
December 31st, 2007, 1:57 AM
Having used a keyboard regularly for over two years now, I think I have quite a fast typing speed. It's not amazing, but definitely above average. And it's not infallible, I make plenty of typos. But I am good at knowing my way around, even if I do make a typo, it's easy to know how to correct it quickly.

December 31st, 2007, 7:20 AM
It depends on what I'm writing. When I know what I want to put down, I can get it down fairly quickly, I've memorized where all the letters on the keyboard are etc. When it comes to writing things like school essays or sometimes even fan fics, it could take ages for me to decide what to write before typing it out. So I guess that means I type fast even though sometimes I write slow.

December 31st, 2007, 9:54 AM
On a QWERTY keyboard, UK layout, I'm fast and can do it without looking. I only like laptop keyboards though, nice flat keys. :]
I don't touch type, or use any method. Neuromuscular facilitation does it all.

I want an ABCDE keyboard... yeah, that's A to Z in alphabetical order.

Joey the Cockroach
January 1st, 2008, 1:20 AM
i have a pretty good typing speed, but sometimes it can be hard because i mis spell quite a lot of things when i type too fast. when i dont look when i am typing, it can look like garbled text :\

January 1st, 2008, 8:22 AM
I can type pretty fast, 90WPM according to some tests I took online. But eh. XD

I can touchtype, but I occasionally glance at the keyboard if I'm putting in numbers or something. XD;

I use all of the fingers on each hand to type, so I guess that's why I'm fast. XD

January 1st, 2008, 3:04 PM
I suppose I type fast, but I really don't know. My friends say I can type really fast, but they are very slow typers. xD I don't use the traditional way, I really don't care about the way they taught us in school. I use my own way. It tends to be much more effective for me. I type faster MY way.

January 1st, 2008, 3:13 PM
i can type fast, but i have to look at the keyboard -_-;

January 2nd, 2008, 12:25 PM
I can type at a decent speed without looking at the keyboard, but I make alot of mistakes so I have to backspace a lot. I have trouble sometimes with letters; as in typing one letter when I think I'm typing another.

January 2nd, 2008, 7:43 PM
I took a test for this the other week and it said I could type 116 words in one minute.

January 5th, 2008, 8:52 AM
Not very fast at all. That is why there are so many errors in my typing on a usual basis. I try to go fast at typing even though i know i can't.