PDA

View Full Version : What is the stupidest question you have been asked?

Snivi
December 24th, 2007, 07:51 AM
What is the stupidest question you have been asked?

For me it was:

"Do you get mail on Sundays?"

(I work in a call center)

PB
December 24th, 2007, 09:13 AM
I was asked how many sides where on a dice (the normal cube ones.) and what 3x4 was.

viridian doubletongue
December 24th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Though answers to this may be quite random, I agree that it is still a poll, and would fit Other Voting Polls.

Feel free to contest this, though.

Nuke
December 24th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Its one I get asked almost everyday,

"Are you playing out Jonny?"

Despite asking that question about 2 or 3 minutes before.

Tapioca
December 24th, 2007, 11:06 AM
The weirdest question someone asked me would have at least 5 censors not even kidding >>
So I'll go with this:

"Do you know the muffin man?"

And he was completely serious, he was looking at me like this: ._.
We were at the mall outside a bakery... in the mall, and he asked me that XD;

HE knew the muffin man. He thought that was cool, it just came out like that I guess.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
December 24th, 2007, 11:08 AM
"Are you really 80?"

I get that almost everyday, no kiddin'.

Cherrim
December 24th, 2007, 11:16 AM
"Are you really 80?"

I get that almost everyday, no kiddin'.
Well are you? DD:

I can't think of any stupid questions off the top of my head. Just basic braindead questions like "What's 12+5?" from a friend (a math major XD) while working on math assignments and such.

Tangerine Fox
December 24th, 2007, 02:03 PM
"Are you busy?"
- Asked insanely often, but one of the most annoying was while I was moving a large wagon on stage around other large, moving wagons. (The two smallest wagons were approx. 12x4 about 20 feet tall, and were quite heavy.)

"Do you work here?"
- When I'm in full black, carrying a clipboard and notebook, and with my headset on.

"Are you British?"*
- After I talked about how awesome the Florida weather was and how annoying the schools were, etc

*I use British/Canadian spellings, but STILL. If I was talking about Florida whenever "we we live" has come up in all of the months I've known you...you would think you would guess Florida before the UK. ._.

Hawt Pig
December 24th, 2007, 03:36 PM
For me personally it would have to be...
"Do you like girls?"
I get that one asked quite often actually. It's irritating, makes me want to spit apple seeds at them. I guess it's better than being asked "Are you gay?" But not by much. What about you, Piggedy Pig?

Piggedy Pig: *oink* *snort* *oink* *oink* *snort*

Wow, people actually ask you if you're a real pig?

Piggedy Pig: *snort*

Ouch.
'nyway. We'll be okay we're good at answering dumb questions.

Firebird306
December 24th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I told one of my friends that I was getting a puppy soon and this idiot I hate overheard and looked offended, thus they ask me in a very cruel tone "You DO realise that your family actually HAS...TO...LOOK...AFTER...IT right?! o_O" and they were dead serious, they are normally sarcastic but as they fail at faking anything I could tell they were serious. <_<

My reply was (with heavy sarcasm and the biggest O_O on my face) "Oh, really? I had NO idea we would have to actually look after an animal you idiot..." I was baffled by how foolish one could get, he always tries to criticize insignificant things about me which make no sense but this created a new level of stupidity for him. -.-

Gulpin
December 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Just now, my mom asked me, "Twelve o'clock is midnight, right?" I guess she just had a blonde moment...

Merzbau
December 24th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Iunno right off hand, but someone in my best friend's History class asked the teacher "Do you believe in gay people?", to which my friend responded "Psh! No, Alex, gay people are just a myth."

By the way, my friend's gay.

Azonic
December 27th, 2007, 04:12 PM
When I was on a ship...

'do these stairs go to the left or the right of the ship'

Spaekle Oddberry
December 27th, 2007, 05:21 PM
"What are your specials today?" or "Could you have me an apple cobbler ready by 3:30?"
...our home phone number is one digit off from the phone number of a local restaurant. We have a 4 where they have a 5. It results in us getting a lot of wrong number calls. These people are fun to joke around with, though. xD

And this one wasn't really directed at me, but it's still the dumbest question I've ever heard asked. For the record, I go to George Washington High School. Some bimbo in my history class asked: "Is our school named after George Washington?"

The following year, I started taking honors classes. :<

Aegis
December 27th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I haven't been asked to many stupid questions in my life, except for one. I was sitting next to my friend in Barnes and Noble reading. I used to wear glasses to read (now it's contacts) , and we were sitting there and he turns and goes "Do you wear glasses?". He was dead serious too. I lol'd, and went back to reading.

Anxiety.
December 27th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Honestly?

the stupidest question I have ever been asked is

'What is the stupidest question you have ever been asked?'
Lol, only joking!

Erm, I think it was

'Do you live in a box?'
It was some moron at my school, he is an idiot but I was like

'Yeah, I live in a box, you know, one that has a Plasma Screen T.V with SKY and internet and computers, get real Idiot'

I don't live in a Box, I have got a Plasma Screen, I have got SKY and I have got Internet and Computers (Duh)

Idiot!
December 27th, 2007, 11:17 PM
I have been asked a lot of stupid, silly questions, but nothing beats "Are you a boy or a girl?"

Shiny Umbreon
December 27th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Not, me, in general.

"Are you asleep?"

What kind of question is that? D8

Astinus
December 28th, 2007, 02:36 AM
At my work, we are required to wear an odd uniform consisting of khaki pants, a white dress shirt, and a navy blue apron with the store's logo on it. At least once a day, I get asked "Do you work here?" by some customer. I'm so tempted one day to say "No. I just like wearing the apron" and seeing what response I get.

destinedjagold
December 28th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Well, in my case, the stupidest question that a person asked me was "Are you married?" o_O

I'm still young! Hello!?! I'm wearing a gold ring on my ring finger, but that doesn't mean I'm married... -__-

diamondpearl876
December 28th, 2007, 08:29 AM
The stupidest question I've been asked is: "Are these your kids?"

I was with my 7 and 9 year old cousins at the time, and I'm fourteen and look around sixteen at most. *rolls eyes*

Anxiety.
December 28th, 2007, 10:24 AM
I have been asked a lot of stupid, silly questions, but nothing beats "Are you a boy or a girl?"

Forgot about that. I get asked that alot. But I don't care anymore, I just say 'Guess' and walk away. I have long blond hair, a fairly high pitched voice and there is something on my chest and they ain't manboobs....

OMG it gets on my nerves...

The Real AAA
December 28th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Well it's got to be "Why is your username is The Real AAA?" then i answer them back "Cuz I'm the real AAA!!!"

Tr@ce
December 28th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Hmmm probobly "Do you enjoy pooping?"
But of cource.

mewthree w/armor
December 29th, 2007, 05:58 AM
It wasn't so much as a question, as a statement.

I heard a girl who though Iraq was communist. I kid not. That make me shake my head.

Jordan
December 29th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Posted this in the DCC, will do it here again.
"Didn't [the Americans] kill all the Vietnamese in that war?" in response to finding out that I am Vietnamese.

Jordan.

Hakeen
December 30th, 2007, 02:34 AM
OKAY, THIS IS FUNNY...

In the Cbox, I said, well create banners then, or something along those lines. (Isn't that just HILARIOUS?! I'M KILLING MYSELF LAUGHING ALREADY... wait, what? You want FUNNIER? Pfft, you don't want much >_>)

And Scythe replied... "Yeah, but I'd have to download imageshack or photoshop to do it"

SEE?! I TOLD YOU IT'D BE FUNNY. Even though it technically isn't a question... but I hear stupid questions all the time.

SO YESH, THIS (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=87667) thread actually... yes, as you thought, IT ASKS STUPID QUESTIONS. YOU CAN ALL PICK ONE OUT FROM THERE IF YOU'RE STUCK FOR IDEAS. YAY!

Firebird306
January 2nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
I have another one but it's not a stupid question, rather a statement that my Mum and heaps of other people heard at a shop in response to an answer. Some man at a store approached someone who had a blue top on (the store uniform also consists of blue) and they asked "Do you know where (insert item) is?" and they respond with "No I don't work here." this triggered the man to become really angry. They yelled at their face with "WELL YOU SHOULD!". o_O

Virtual Chatot
January 2nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
The stupidest thing I have been asked, is this thread

Caina
January 4th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Well, there are 2 wierd questions that has been questioned to me.

1st: I was on my chair, drawing... when suddenly, the phone rang. I answered it and you know what it says???

ME: Hello?
someone: Hello? Is this a text message???

To my surprise... is this guy dumb??? and it turned it was my friend "whoops" puts the phone back.

2nd: I was holding a red long hanckerchief from a friend cause he has something to do, so he left the hanky to me. At some point while I was waiting for him, a group of people with red hankies and many earrings went on me and said...

" Are you a bloods gang member??? " OMG, I was really scared for I knew I hate gangs so much I don't even wanna look at them... I said in a gentle voice... " N-no... I just, found this hanky... " and they just walk away... :O a big relief. So good they didn't bullied me... :)

Au Revoir...

Jim
January 4th, 2008, 10:35 AM
"What's it like having your finger bitten off by a Tortoise?"

Completely disregarding the fact that I have never had a finger bitten off, if I did I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be by a Tortoise ._.;

A Snapping Turtle maybe...

Rogue Shadow
January 4th, 2008, 10:40 AM
What is 2+2.
ps the person was above 4th grade

Michii
January 5th, 2008, 10:36 AM
I had a new member on my forum that asked in a thread how you post >>
It was a long time ago though.

For stupid answers..
We were in sixth grade. Gossip was huge. So in a social studies class, the teacher asked the girl the capital of New Jersey. She said Phillidelphia. :'D

Dawg 2005
January 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
"When was the War of 1812?"
She didn't ask me this, but I heard it from across the room.

She put 1776. >_>;

Emo Kid Cloudé
January 6th, 2008, 11:28 AM
My friend, who's 16, asked me: 'which pokémon is the fire starter?'
I replied: 'Unless you're colour blind... you're an idiot.'

Also, the most annoying question for me is: 'how r u?'
It's the same answer everytime, and half the time it's totally irrelevant to the conversation.

Drakorn
January 7th, 2008, 03:36 AM
The stupidist one I ever had was "Have you been knocked off Internet?" Well of course, you watched?!

MUSION
January 7th, 2008, 03:29 PM
When I was camping with school someone asked, 'what time is the midnight walk?'

Rukia Kuchiki
January 9th, 2008, 02:57 PM
"Are you mexican?"

When in fact.. I'm actually asian.. o.o

And I look nothing like a mexican. D:

B-Baller
January 9th, 2008, 08:50 PM
This girl once asked me...

"Why do you play guitar when you can just play Guitar Hero?"

*facepalm*

One, I play bass. Two, comparing guitar to Guitar Hero is an ignorant act. The amount of stupidity that person said to me is unbelievable, wow.

(I play Guitar Hero too, so don't get offended by this post. xD)

Amoeba
January 10th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Some snotty kid from (at the time) a year above me came up to me, nose curled, and asked "Ehhh.... Why do you wear those clothes?" She said it as if I was dressed as a clown. I was wearing a zip-up jumper, black trousers and regular shoes - school dress code.

I would have laughed now at the mere stupidity of the question but back then when I must have been 12 or 13 I wasn't used to it and was more sensitive to the disgust in her voice more than anything.

Eon-Rider
January 10th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Also, the most annoying question for me is: 'how r u?'
It's the same answer everytime, and half the time it's totally irrelevant to the conversation.

That's exactly how I feel towards that question.

I can't really remember any really stupid questions being asked to me but I can remember one a boy I overheard ask. He asked "Omg... Where's my box of [INSERT LOLLY NAME]?". After that, he started to accuse all of his friends. The reason why this was a stupid question me was because I saw it fall out of his pocket and it fell down right next to his feet. >_>

Lady Nicole
January 13th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Stupidest question I've ever been asked:

"Do you still love me?"

Yeah that's right, Danny. Yours qualifies as the stupidest question I've been been asked. Of course I love you! You're my true love and always will be <3

Snivi
January 13th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I got a call at work the other day & the guys says:

customer: What channel is channel 46 on?
me: *looks up his local channels* 46 is on 46
customer: Well what channel is 4 on?
me: 4 is on 4.
customer: What is the channel for CBS?
me: Your local CBS is on 46

What a moron XD

EmpoleMew
January 14th, 2008, 03:48 PM
The question wasn't directed at me but just last week, I was in science class. We were discussing chromosomes and all that good stuff when this happens:

Boy: What's male and female?
1/2 of the class: You're an idiot!
Other 1/2: OMG!
Me: ...

Sweet Smoochum
February 2nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
This was on a tv show that I heard:

What's the capital of Turkey?

Gravy... (Stupidest answer ever.)

Someone once asked me: Do you have a pencil I could borrow? This was after I asked my teacher for a pencil, and they me ask the teacher for one. *sigh*

I may remember something more stupid and post it later.

Oh! Wait. I just remembered:

"What is your hair color?" They were looking right at me, and yes, they do have vision. They meant it, too.

XxZer0xX
February 2nd, 2008, 07:12 PM
A boy in school called out my name last week then when I answered he asked what my name was. Idiot.

Dragonice
February 2nd, 2008, 07:19 PM
My friend once asked me in math class how to turn off my calculator, I looked him over to make sure he was being serious, I could barely hold in my laughter as I told him that the calculator was solar powered. I thought it was very amusing at the time, and so did a bunch of the people beside us.

Mario The World Champion
February 2nd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Stupidest question...

Those times I was asked why my username was a different color from the others. That was because I donated!! Other than that...

Flashpoint
February 2nd, 2008, 11:12 PM
stupidest thing I ever heard was

???:Hey,do you smoke
Me:No
??? :HANDS

Stupidest Question
Can I have your milk
Ill breast feed you back
Me:omg :tired:

There all from *** people

And this was from me

Me:What time does the 8:00 bus come
Freind:At 9:00

She-Elf
February 3rd, 2008, 03:41 AM
A friend of my little brother asked me if it was funny to have glasses Oo
And my mom actually called me and asked "Where is the enter button?" >.<

Karonte
February 3rd, 2008, 04:13 AM
I have lods but the stupidest have got to be :

"Are you gay?"
"What is WIFI?"
"Whats a nintendo event?
"If I put emerald near the wifi can i get deoxys?"

And the stupidest converstion has got to be:

"How do you spell WIFI?"

My awnser was: (In a wierd accent) "Go get ther pearl and look at the corner retard!"

"Whats a retard?"

My awnser: "Look in the mirror"

BeachBoy
February 3rd, 2008, 04:34 AM
Oh boy, here's a memory...back at my old highschool
Ok we were in football practice and I was slated to start in Friday's game.
So one of the linebackers a good friend of mine, Jack, come up to me and asks

"Hey Ryan, could you throw a lot of picks (interceptions) to me so I can start the game"
now i'm a nice guy, but if I threw 5 interceptions on purpose, then not factoring in my true accidents, do ya think I'd be starting the game?

That was one of the stupidest question i've been asked, the next closet one is "Ryan, can I borrow your project?" HECK NAW! T_T worked all week on it!

Sanctuary
February 3rd, 2008, 05:16 AM
I was at one of the fancy hotels and there was those automatic rotating doors.. and I overheard a little kid say, "Does you push or pull the door?"

Although it's just a little kid.. about 3 or something.. lawl!

Guzv4
February 3rd, 2008, 06:10 AM
The stupidest question that I heared was:

So I heard a rumor that pokemon was actually invented by Hitler. He apparently used it as a fun way to spread his propaganda. Is there any truth to this?

LOL.
I mean, who the hell told you that?
Everyone knows that pokemon were invented by Staljin.
xD
(I'm joking of course)

kohei
February 3rd, 2008, 06:19 AM
Yugioh card:
Q: "Can I nullify your Heavy Storm with Mystical Space Typhoon?"
A: "Counter-Traps are looking at your direction and crying manly tears"

Cooking:
Q: "Why do I need to cook the onion first?"
A: "Because they take time to cook compared to cabbages"

Two recent questions, both from mysister.