View Full Version : Disappointing Presents

December 27th, 2007, 8:24 AM
Anybody get any disappointing presents this year?

The Orange Box. Portal is a repetitive novelty and Team Fortress is button bash fest like UT. Critics say that Portal and TF are awesome.

December 27th, 2007, 8:32 AM
I cant really complain snce I didn't ask for much but I'm dissapointed with The Simpsons Game on DS.

December 27th, 2007, 8:33 AM
I didn't get that many games.
To be honest though...BOSE headphones sound like my old ones, except they have the brand name on them and are bigger. No big difference except for the price x.x; I wish I'd gotten something cheaper; I don't want to strain my parents x.x

I was happy with all of my presents to be honest. I'm never really disappointed because how can you be disappointed when someone actually thought enough of you to get you something? That's already something to be grateful for.

December 27th, 2007, 2:01 PM
I haven't been disappointed with anything yet, but I haven't had time to use everything because I'm too busy playing The Orange Box.

Ben Kenobi
December 27th, 2007, 2:09 PM
One of my presents (the one I specifically asked for) is still not here, as the company failed to deliver it on time.

December 27th, 2007, 2:51 PM
I'm happy with the stuff I got. For once I did not get an ounce of clothes for christmas.

December 27th, 2007, 3:00 PM
Last christmas I got underwear, no offence but nobody wants underwear for a resent

December 27th, 2007, 3:20 PM

I'm actually happy with everything I got this yeah, ironically ._.

December 27th, 2007, 3:26 PM
I thought Christmas was about giving and not recieving, you all should be happy with your gifts 'cause think about the kids who didn't get anything or there parents couldnt afford that blaket to keep them warm.

I was happy with everything I got cause it came from my parents.

December 27th, 2007, 3:30 PM
I dont think he means the topic to be like that.
He means a present that you've always wanted and been hyped up about not turning out as you thought it would be.

Like, going to a movie based off a book you've been waiting forever to come out and finding out they left out all the good parts.

December 28th, 2007, 1:52 AM
I got an Ipod nano..bit disappointing as I'd have liked the touch edition.

December 28th, 2007, 9:24 AM
Woah. Come on, you got a friggin Nano. You want a MP3 player or something to impress all your friends? Nano plays music fine.

December 28th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Last christmas I got underwear, no offence but nobody wants underwear for a resent
I got underwear one year as well, but I wanted it. XD It was just embarassing opening it in front of everyone, that's all.
I got an Ipod nano..bit disappointing as I'd have liked the touch edition.

Ha, I have a worse story than that. I wanted an iPod and didn't get ANY kind of iPod at all. D< This wasn't Christmas, though.

The only thing I don't like this year was an ornament I got from this grab bag at my great-grandma's house, and that's more because I have no tree to hang it on. I would use it if I could. I also have a bar of soap that I was initially disappointed by, because it wasn't real chocolate. XD

Overall, I'm easy to please. :D

December 28th, 2007, 12:10 PM
I wanted an iPod and didn't get ANY kind of iPod at all. D<

Pfft, screw iPods. iRiver ftl. :x

I count my iRiver Clix as a present, even if it wasn't necessarily one granted to me for Christmas. Sure enough I'm not disappointed with it.

Alter Ego
December 28th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Well, it's not a life-altering disappointment or anything, but...

I got a copy of Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird". It's not that I mind the book, it's just that I already have a copy that I got for my birthday two years back. xD

Other than that...I was actually slightly disappointed to see money among my presents.

Yeah, cue the weird stares, I was actually a bit disappointed about the money. Again, it's not something that I mind, but it just feels a tad...impersonal, and to me Christmas presents have always been about the semantic value, not the monetary one. Getting money, it sort of feels like the person isn't confident enough to actually trust their own knowledge in buying a gift for me (which is pretty pointless since I really do appreciate all kinds of gifts, even the ones I use less than others) and just take the easy way out instead. :\

Can't say I blame them, though; I'm notoriously hard to buy presents for because I usually don't have any specific wishes to give. It's mostly books and a few convenient items (like wool socks. Gawd, I love a pair of snugly fitting, warm wool socks for the cold winter nights <3) that are guaranteed to get really used, because I'm weird like that. xD

Still, every gift I get has that warm, fuzzy feeling associated with it so I'm not really complaining. ^^

Ayano Katagiri
December 28th, 2007, 3:04 PM
I didn't get anything disappointing this year, the books I got I actually have been dying to read and the CD wasn't too bad either.

But I've had a few disappointing presents before, like clothing which I'm too big for xD.

I love how straight after Christmas, online auction sites thrive with unwanted gifts.

December 28th, 2007, 4:52 PM
I was happy with all my gifties. But um, I guess the worst ones would be socks and... that sort of stuff. D: OH. And I got a scrub brush one year so I could do dishes with it.

Zebra Thunderhead
December 28th, 2007, 5:07 PM
I got a pair of these "Yaktraks" or something like that. They're supposed to prevent you from slipping when the ground is icy but still, pretty useless to me...

That's it. I'm really happy with everything else I got (credit cardddd~!)

Jester Girl
December 28th, 2007, 9:24 PM
I got an awesome digital camera and the next night I broke it. o.o

December 28th, 2007, 9:28 PM
I got a nintendo ds last year. Then it fell on the floor. My nintendo ds now lies sadly in my backyard, along with my various dead pets.

I'm totally joking. :P

December 28th, 2007, 9:57 PM
Well, no disappointments in gifts I received, more in what I didn't.

My Godmother and Godfather, who get me a present every year (even though it always sucks, it's the thought that counts, eh?) and they just didn't give me a present this year and said nothing about it.

How can I complain though? I had almost nothing on my list this year (since I'm the rare breed of teenagers that doesn't want a cell phone or ipod) and what I had on my list I got.

December 28th, 2007, 11:41 PM
surprisingly nothing to awful this year. worst thing is socks and i always get socks so it was good!

December 28th, 2007, 11:50 PM
I like everything that people got me! I'm touched that people actually give me gifts, haha. :) The only complaint that I would have is that people gave me too much chocolates... x.x;

December 28th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Shadow's mother sent him a Nunchuk without a Wiimote to go with it. ~_~;

And I'm still waiting for three boxes of presents/etc. because the postal system around here stinks and randomly chooses which mail successfully sends to apartments and tosses the others away or sends it back.

December 29th, 2007, 5:54 PM
The best thing i got was some text, which isn't very good itself, next to that i got some cheap plastic toys and very little candy. Bummer. My sister got a friggen digital camera.

December 29th, 2007, 8:44 PM
I was happy with all mine, including clothes. I like receiving clothes, because I suffer anxiety problems that make shopping very disagreeable [and I just plain don't like going shopping for anything but video games or books], so it saves me an unpleasant experience. ^_^

December 29th, 2007, 8:49 PM
I received an mp3 and some clothes. Not bad at all, but could be better.

December 29th, 2007, 8:51 PM
Usually I don't mind what I get for Christmas and I am grateful for anything I get, unless it is bad music. I received really metro-like shirts from Hong Kong for Christmas this year. I don't mean to offend my parents, who bought them for me, but I think I'll be sticking to my regular shirts.

In regards to the common perception that nobody wants a pair of socks for Christmas - I'd quite gladly receive just that. My supply of socks is running dangerously low, and sometimes I have to resort to wearing the same pair of socks for two or three days in a row. So yes, I'd like socks. Why nobody wants a pair of socks is beside me.

December 30th, 2007, 4:06 AM
I really don't mind what gift I can receive because that's not the essence of CHRISTMAS. But to tell you honestly, I haven't got anything this Christmas.... but I'm still happy because we just go to the mall and enjoy there. I'm satisfied by that. If anyone just want presents... then, aren't they just using Christmas for their likes only...? That's what I thought about.... :( I hope nobody is angry....:(

Au Revoir.

December 31st, 2007, 12:44 PM
I wasn't really disappointed this year, a new copy of SSBM, A weather calendar, Risk (PC game), 1701AD(best), Nintendo DS lite, etc... I was a happy man this year, I don't think i ever got anything bad on Christmas, But maybe a few on Epiphany day, unnecesary clothes and stuff, other than that, i'm pretty much happy every year

January 1st, 2008, 10:06 AM
I was also a little dissapointed getting money and giftcards. But maybe I'll buy a Wii. :D

January 1st, 2008, 2:26 PM
I got the thing I wanted. Which was my cellphone. But my other presents are like, uhhh....

January 2nd, 2008, 3:08 PM
I don't really see how a gift we asked for and got could be dissapointing. I mean I got Pokemon Ranger for Christmas. I beat it in two days. I'm not dissapointed with it, just a little bit bored with me at this point.

But in regards to a gift that just plan sucks, I got a $10 gift card to to Walmart. It was from my cheepskate Uncle who gave my brother a comic book for $4.50 when he was little. >>