PDA

View Full Version : Depressed

GalladeIceMan
December 30th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I'm really depressed because my parents are divorced and my grandpa just died. I'm forced to spend my so called "fun" weekends at my dad's. I really don't trust him, and it's really boring here. My three brothers just make it worse. They're so annoying that I think my head's going to explode. My depressed side keeps my mad side centered. There's nothing fun for me anymore. If anybody has any suggestions, please give me an option.

ktn
December 30th, 2007, 02:57 PM
man just relax,play pokemon battle against some one online

GalladeIceMan
December 30th, 2007, 02:58 PM
been there. done that.

see everyone in the darkest corner of the room.

ktn
December 30th, 2007, 03:00 PM
ok then just don't worry every thing will work out

GalladeIceMan
December 30th, 2007, 03:00 PM
thanks. ktn. i'll try to work things out.

ktn
December 30th, 2007, 03:01 PM
now that is wat i'm talkin about i think we are goin to be good friends

GalladeIceMan
December 30th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I'm still looking for help.

I'm still depressed.

Didn't work.

ktn
December 30th, 2007, 03:16 PM
do u have any favourite shows better yet wat is your favourite u like doin

PB
December 30th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Its always going to be tough during a passing of a loved one and a divorce and its really awful how both of these things happened at once. But things will get better, Im proof of it. 3 Of my relatives died this year and it did hurt but I had to pick myself up.

And divorce can be difficult, I've been through that aswell. It does feel strange but i have learnt that the best thing you can do is talk to someone like your mother or father or maybe someone who isnt your family like a friend or teacher. They can listen and offer advice from another point of view.

I hope everything works out ok and PM me if you need to chat. ^_^

ktn
December 30th, 2007, 03:22 PM
i;t happened to me to my parents abandoned me i'm a foster kid now

The Infinite Devil Machine
December 30th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Trust me, Pokemon battles don't help depression. Look, by the sound of it, it's not all bad. I myself have been in a very similar situation, appreciate the good things. Believe it or not, your parents and brother both love you.

Alex_
December 31st, 2007, 12:08 AM
man just relax,play pokemon battle against some one online
As long as we have Pokemon Battle's in the world, everything will be alright.

Jester Girl
December 31st, 2007, 01:16 AM
No offense, but stop moping about on the internet if your depressed. Get some fresh air, hang out with friends/family, call some one you enjoy talking to. Believe me, it helps.

Jubilation
December 31st, 2007, 01:25 AM
I agree with Jester Girl, go enjoy yourself, thats what I did when I was depressed

Jester Girl
December 31st, 2007, 01:29 AM
Yeah, I was like that for a month. Well, I still am, and tommorow I have plans for a party. So it's all pretty dope.

I really can't stand seeing people depressed though, and I can tell even over the internet a little. It's odd.

Jubilation
December 31st, 2007, 01:30 AM
I had no friends so I just played with my dog =3

Forced
December 31st, 2007, 01:36 AM
the only way to get over depression is to do the things you enjoy doing.
dont keep thinking about the bad things that have happened, your mind will only cloud with more depressing thoughts.
the passing of loved ones can be difficult but they shouldnt be mourned over forever, life is way to short for that.
you should remember all the great times youve had with them and realize that they are finally at peace.
death is a very natural part of life.
and divorce is terrible to go through, ive experienced it myself when i was 8, but later you realize its for the better.
your parents will be happier and in the end they can give you more attention.
and on christmas, you get more presents.
and thats always good. :)

but as jester said, theres no point moping on a forum...

Jester Girl
December 31st, 2007, 01:40 AM
I've never experiences the loss of a loved one or divorce, so I'm sorry that I can't relate to that.

And oh, I just like to dress mature and stuff Kero. xD

Forced
December 31st, 2007, 01:43 AM
divorce is confusing...
i remember waking up to my mom and dad yelling one morning.
then, a couple hours later, my dad came out of his room with a breifcase full of clothes and told me and my sister to get in the car to go help him look for a new home...
its a really strange feeling, especially at a young age cause you really dont even know whats going on.
your daddy/mommy is moving away and you wonder when youre gonna get to see them again.

Jester Girl
December 31st, 2007, 01:46 AM
One time, when I was 12 or so, my dad punched my mom in the jaw pretty hard and the police came. I was so confused, I remember, and I cried all night telling my mom I didn't want dad to go and that I loved him. I believe I said I hated her and she's the one causing this.

My dad's a pretty calm dude, but when you trigger him the wrong way *BAM*. He's never hit me, my mom does that, but he can scare the living hell out of you.

Forced
December 31st, 2007, 01:50 AM
thats always scary, my parents always fought but my dad would never hit my mom.
my dad is really caring, but hes a trained killer and if anything threatened my little sister, im pretty sure he wouldnt stop killing it.
haha.

p.s. oh kero, i get it now.
:)

Degenerate
December 31st, 2007, 07:15 AM
thats always scary, my parents always fought but my dad would never hit my mom.
my dad is really caring, but hes a trained killer and if anything threatened my little sister, im pretty sure he wouldnt stop killing it.
haha.

p.s. oh kero, i get it now.
:)

Your dad's some sort of assassin or something? I was gonna poke fun at your sig but now that I know that... :P

Parent issues really suck. My mom and dad are still married and everything but whenever they're fighting it makes me feel discomfort. I usually just stay out of it and let them solve whatever it is on their own.

MissMegano
January 1st, 2008, 10:12 AM
When I'm upset I go for a really long bike ride. It's a relaxing and a good time to think. It calms my nerves and distracts me from sad thoughts. And when I come back home, I feel so refreshed.

try it. :)

Emo Kid Cloudé
January 1st, 2008, 10:33 AM
I just try and forget or the bad things going on, kept your mind on the things that make you happy... and if you don't think anything makes you happy, then find something that does.
A hobby is always good, be creative, or work out. Anything really.

Fox♠
January 1st, 2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I was like that for a month. Well, I still am, and tommorow I have plans for a party. So it's all pretty dope.

I really can't stand seeing people depressed though, and I can tell even over the internet a little. It's odd.

She's right, moping solves nothing.

My Great Nan, who meant the world to me died on new years eve a few years back, but after an hour or so of crying my eyes out, I decided to get off my sorry ass and have a walk and see a friend or two. Things like this never ever stop hurting, but they get a lot less painful with time.

Michii
January 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
Dude, you're not the only one that has bad times. I'm very sure that almost all of us on this forum have gone through some dramatic event in our lives that makes us believe that we've hit rock bottom. But everything has to be seen from all perspectives. Sure, you may think that your life is the worst, but look at what you have. Your brothers are alive. You see both of your parents. You may not think you want to, but trust me, it's important. My father is a drug addict. He left my mother, brother, and myself when I was little. I can go anywhere from six months to three years without seeing him. Just remember that everything happens for a reason. Bad things help shape you as a person and make you learn to act a certain way. They help you have a better idea of what to do/ not to do as you get older.
Everything'll get better I promise,

!gnition
January 3rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
Just try to make the best you can out of the situation you're in and don't let it influence you.

I know it sounds "easier said than done", but just think of it this way. The moment you let your situation get the best of you, you will be in a much worser situation than you are in now. I don't think anyone wants that, including yourself.

Working out is a good way to relieve any stress also :)

Anxiety.
January 3rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
Deppresion meh? You know what you need to do?

Get over it.

I'm not meaning to be harsh, but I don't feel sympathetic. I have no need to, thinking about it and moping about it wont help... I have seen some bad cases of deppresion, I was one of them. My nan is a foster carer, she takes care of all sorts of children, but... when someone is around you and you are doing something, things turn around, you will laugh and run and... look just get outside, get some fresh air, jump up and down, go to someone's house, it will pass, just... deal with it....

I really don't need to be harsh, but... I don't have much of a choice, what will sympathy do? It won't magicly cure anyone... so just be out with it, obviosly have a bit of sympathy in you, but don't lie and make up crap so they feel better, tell them the truth... friends helped me... they can help anyone... love can help, any nice emotion, try it ;)

Gοяκнaвоii
January 7th, 2008, 03:01 PM
=] dont worry.
I myself am in a similar situation to you.
My parents dont ever encourage me when i'm doing bad in studies etc.
but they encourage me with i'm doing well in school, so i just get annoyed with them alot... and these days, theyre more of my enemie then my family..
the only person that actually cares about me..

she lives too far away from me to talk to and etc.
i call her alot, but umm, yeah thats it...

call up some of your close friends, or your favourite gurl (girlfriend..?) and they should be able to help you out.
Laughter is the best second best medicine..

Friends... If theyre true friends... You cant live without them... so they are your best medicine.
stick with them, they'll help you through this :)

Aden
January 7th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Maybe you should visit a counseller and let things out in the open.

Gοяκнaвоii
January 7th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Go to your school councellor, or a child/teen conceller, if you absolutely need to.
because, the councellor is just going to explain to you the situation your parents are going throu, ang he's going to tell you to get over it, you have to anyway, and tell you to have fun with life..
thats the usual..
I myself would hang out with my closer friends till things get better with me. but just tell them you're emotionally cut so 'lets not get too far wif our jokes' cuz they'll try to make the situation funny for you.

mustangGT90210
January 15th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I'm really depressed because my parents are divorced and my grandpa just died. I'm forced to spend my so called "fun" weekends at my dad's. I really don't trust him, and it's really boring here. My three brothers just make it worse. They're so annoying that I think my head's going to explode. My depressed side keeps my mad side centered. There's nothing fun for me anymore. If anybody has any suggestions, please give me an option.

Makes plans with friends for at least one of the days on the weekends, those always cheer them up. Just work through all the sad feelings, things will get better, go get yourself a girl, mate, they make it all better.

GalladeIceMan
January 15th, 2008, 05:25 PM
k. thx everyone. I'm feeling better now, (except I can't get the girl :() thx.

Umanouski
January 15th, 2008, 07:00 PM
hey guy, long time. I know how you feel. My parents were "separated" for a while and during that time i lost both grandfathers, my grandmother, an uncle and a pet! Talk about a bad year! You just got to push on, and yea, get over it. S*** happens to all of us. Battle online, and do other things that you enjoy. Get a hobby, go fishing, play games and get moving. Everything will work itself out, trust me.