PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

Nuke
January 3rd, 2008, 02:47 AM
Have you had snow yet this winter?

It is snowing today right now where I am. :D

Sanctuary
January 3rd, 2008, 07:03 AM
I live in a part of Australia in which we have no snow, so unfortunately this winter, we never had any snow.
I've never actually touched snow, I guess it's not that big of a deal, but I really want to! D: Probably just feels like... slushie ice.

It's not winter here right now though, it's summer. Complete opposite of other countries.

TB Pro
January 3rd, 2008, 07:43 AM
Oh yes!
We have had about......
3 Feet!
I love it.....
kinda....
Now it all melted and froze back into ice.......
So its dangerous to drive!

Lo-chan
January 3rd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Yep. Its snowed here a few times.. I don't like it that much.. Too cold =[

!gnition
January 3rd, 2008, 08:01 AM
It started quite often during the week of Xmas and this week as well. About 4 inches last week, and 2 this week so far.

Doesn't bother me though because I'm on Winter Break, but my parents aren't all too happy about the weather since they have to commute to work lol...

Tangerine Fox
January 3rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
Nope. Floridan here, and no snow. We had a chance of flurries this morning, but I don't think it happened. Which sucks, since it's way too cold for Florida if we're not getting snow. >/

PiplupRocks
January 3rd, 2008, 09:16 AM
No.
Infact, it's perfectly fine in good ol' Cali
it's not cold at all >_<

Fox♠
January 3rd, 2008, 09:18 AM
FOr the whole of 2 minutes :(

And we were foracsted heavy snow as well :<

Eon-Rider
January 3rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Considering the fact that it's not even winter here and there's never any snow in winter anyway, no.

Emma
January 3rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
We got snow where I live earlier today, except it probably only lasted for about 10 minutes before stopping. XDD

Razer302
January 3rd, 2008, 09:52 AM
I had a few minutes of snow today. That is all that there is going to be I think.

Proto
January 3rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
We actually recently had a blizzard warning. @w@;

But yeah, it has snowed. XD I didn't go out into it, I was too cold and tired and blah to really care too much. :x But it was pretty to watch from the wonderful warmness of inside. (Usually I go nuts and run outside and spin and and and act like a maniac, but eh, not this time. ;w;)

Sorano
January 3rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
We've had lots of snow here. We had our first Snow Day during early November, I think. It was all good until Christmas and New Years, but now I just want it to go away. ;; It's too cold, and waiting for the bus to come in the morning is absolute torture, especially since it's always late these days. The only good thing about it now is the Snow Days.

Sylphiel
January 3rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
The only time I've ever seen snow here was over a decade ago, and even that was only a very small snow flurry.

I live in an area that's normally too warm to get snow of any kind - and it's definitely been way too warm this winter to have even a remote chance of getting it. So...no snow for me, and it'd be a huge miracle if I did.

Sammi
January 3rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Yep, it's snowed where I live sometime in November and where I'm currently at. In fact, the snow should still be around in both places. It might melt over the weekend, though.

I'm glad to see the snow. Last winter was a grave disappointment. I was in Germany, and the only snow that actually stuck was in March. It snowed twice before that but was gone the next day. D:

The Real AAA
January 3rd, 2008, 12:58 PM
:( it doesn't snow here at all where I live.
but you know what it did snow down here 1 time for 1 day only!
yup it was on the exact day on Christmas 2004! still today I still think it was a sign!

Spaekle Oddberry
January 3rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
I've been off school for two days now, hoping for one more. Snow is awesome.

Ichikool
January 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Hahaha, yeah, we got tons of snow so far this winter. ^^
We started getting snow before Christmas so that was realy cool! We got about a foot first, then it melted and we got somemore just a few days ago. It will melt this weekend though...

Cassino
January 3rd, 2008, 08:55 PM
I've never actually touched snow, I guess it's not that big of a deal, but I really want to! D: Probably just feels like... slushie ice.
Nah, somewhat far from. It's more powdery and much more solid, and makes this soft crunching sound when you compact it.

Where I live, there's never any more than a few centimetres of snow. Any that falls in the day melts instantaneously upon contact with the ground, and any that falls in the night melts by dawn. I don't really care whever I see snow or not though. x)

dragica
January 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Haven't had any snow here this winter... yet... It's driving me nuuuts... :( And we're supposed to have alpine climate... yeah right..

The Fallen
January 3rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
No snow. It's pretty unlikely, but we are supposed to be getting heavy rains for 5 days straight. I prefer rain though, so I'm happy.

Caina
January 4th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Hmmm, I always wanna experience snow... but there's no snow if your country is near the equator... We only experience summer and rain only...

Au Revoir...

Wish
January 4th, 2008, 01:31 AM
I've never experienced Snow in seven years :\

It hardly ever snows in Georgia. xD Especially Middle Georgia.

Ben Kenobi
January 4th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Living in the south of England, it never snows at all. If there's gonna be any snow, it will probably be in late January, although there hasn't been any for a couple of years.

xiao
January 4th, 2008, 06:21 AM
it was snowing a bit, but now has stopped. we have overall only half cm of snow :(

Jim
January 4th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Hva e you had snow yet this winter?

It is snowing today right now where I am. :D

No, we got none.

I live in Stoke-on-Trent which isn't that far from you, Skii. We were forecast Snow and got none. Well I did actually see ONE SNOWFLAKE! Is it good luck that it landed on me?

Olz.
January 4th, 2008, 10:43 AM
None Yet :(

Raining now..

Rogue Shadow
January 4th, 2008, 11:33 AM
yes, it snowed once like [S-HIGHLIGHT]half a month ago,[/S-HIGHLIGHT] funny thing its still completely covering the ground?