PDA

View Full Version : Are you a standout or part of the crowd?

Tr@ce
January 3rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Do you do what's popular? Like keep with the current trends? Or do you have your own, personal style? I'm a blend.

Anti
January 3rd, 2008, 04:03 PM
Oh, boy do I stand out! Pokemon is my best kept secret (yeah, kids are relentless these days >.>), but I otherwise am pretty much the opposite of normal people at our school. I hate ipods (not ipod mp3s FTW!), fergie, Linkin Park...basically everything that's popular now.

It isn't to stand out, I just really hate that stuff...lol

Yeah, liking a lot of "kid stuff" will get you a lot of teasing, but I generally don't care because most people (all people really) who say that stuff to me are just jealous of kids more popular than them and take it out on me.

Their "insults" are really lol though, and they often lack any real common sense and I can tease them with mind games in return.

And considering nobody acts like this except me and a few of my friends, I'm a standout all the way.

Rebellious Treecko
January 3rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
I agree with APCW13 on some parts. (You hate Linkin Park?) D<

I stand out a lot where I live. Lots of people think I'm different. Sometimes I don't mind, other times I do.
I'm just not the kind of person that follows trends all that much. I do get the popular games/videos, though. (if that counts)

I perfer staying in my own little world, doing my own thing, making my own trends.

Volkner
January 3rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
I'm much more of a standout. People don't hate me or anything, and I like things some other people do too, but I'm unappologetically myself, so I standout widely in a crowd of folks who go along with each other.

There's no way to answer this question without sounding pompous, I'm realizin'. Mm. >_> Standout, though. Definitely.

Spaekle Oddberry
January 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
Linkin Park is still popular? o_O

Yeah, I don't even pay attention to what's in and what isn't. I do my own thing. That doesn't mean I'll stop liking something just because it becomes popular - eventually the popularity will fade, the fake people will move on, and only the people who truly appreciate it will still be following. :D

PlatinumDawnFtw
January 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
I'm not really sure.... xD At school, I pretend to be a stereotype gamer person... (Xbox 360, Halo 3 etc...) But in reality, I hate Xbox 360 and the Halo franchise. I keep my love for Pokemon a secret if I didn't keep it a secret, I'd hear this left and right every 5 seconds... "OMG YOU LIKE POKEMANZ LOL LOSER!!!!111" etc.

Tangerine Fox
January 3rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Enh, I'm a mix. I'm pretty different from my friends in some ways: They act, I tech. They watch reality TV, I read books on literary detectives. Most aren't super computer-savvy, I'm of moderate skill-level. They have only basic writing skills when outside of, I work as a writer/editor. They're usually louder, I'm usually quieter. They go to normal schools, I've been homeschooled since 1st grade. And so forth.

I'm different enough from my friends that I can stand-out, but I don't try to and can just as easily blend into the background since my differences are that I'm less flashy than they are. It isn't a huge deal and not much thought is done on it except for on stage. In which case, I'm not supposed to be scene at all and just work in the background, attracting as little attention from the audience as possible. =p

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
January 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
This is a tough question for me, its a mix.

I blend in in terms of appearence, and I'm not one of those people who dress different for attention. I wear sports brand shirts and jeans and the like.

But I'm the odd guy out in terms of behavior. I have a very distinct personality and is shown as such through my actions.

So in short, I look like part of the crowd, mostly, but really am not, although I am in a clique of friends.

Đ a r κ
January 3rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
I stand out. I've been known as the quiet kid at my school. I don't talk much (Except with my friends) and I don't play games during P.E., unless it includes a lot of running x] But since I don't do anything to react with people, it surprisingly gets me noticed .__. But I don't follow the crowd, I walk my own path :\

Natalie♥
January 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
I'm usually the one of my friends that always stand out. Sometimes I blend in.

Michii
January 3rd, 2008, 07:13 PM
I DEFINITELY stand out from the crowd. Sure, I dress in the up to date styles, but there's a bunch physically that makes me stand out.

But I'll just skip to the chase saying that I wear the same clothes but I look different. The only thing that makes me really standout is my personality. I have a split personality you see. I also wear clothes to how I feel. If I feel bubbly I wear a teeshirt or a bright color. If I feel upset or quiet, I wear dark hoodies and paint my nails and stuff. ^^

B-Baller
January 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
I'm definitely a standout, in appearance and music tastes. Everyone listens to hip-hop but I listen to metal. Metal FTW. \m/ xD

My daily wear is either very simple or basketball related...everyone else here tries to impress the opposite sex but I just wear what I wanna wear and if they don't like that, tough. xD

Virtual Chatot
January 3rd, 2008, 07:15 PM
I blend in...

I wear Jeans and a Cincinnati Reds T-Shirt.

I have friends don't get me wrong, but I'm not the center of attention.

Lo-chan
January 3rd, 2008, 07:57 PM
I wear whatever I feel like and whatever I like, also whatever looks good on me. So I don't follow the crowd with the whole fashion things. I am normaly very quiet, and hardly say anything, most times people think I am mute and think its amazing that I can accutly talk >> In gym, I don't do anything with anyone. I don't particpate at all and no one ever wants me on their team. I don't have many friends at school, and the people I am friends with aren't really all that popular. I like stuff other people hate most times. Like anime or video games. I normaly hate the things that are popular, like cell phones :x And I hate the music everyone is in love with now, like that Hey there Deliah song >_o

So pretty much... I guess I stand out :x People don't like me for these reasons so I guess that explains why I don't have many friends ^_^;

Cassino
January 3rd, 2008, 08:24 PM
My friends and common fads don't dictate my interests, my interests precede my friends; i.e. I like gaming, so have many friends and acquaintances who are gamers.
Other things, such as the clothes I wear, consist entirely of things I like, not things I feel I should like.

I actually exist in a social circle where everyone is unique, so I don't stand out at all, nor would I intend to.

xiao
January 4th, 2008, 06:24 AM
im not part of crowd. i dont stand out. im mostly a person that noone knows. i stand out with thinking, but i stay silent so people dont really know how much different i really am.

with clothing is. i dress more ˝fun˝ than most of people. but i dont really care about clothing. i wear what i like. i dont care what others think.

Tapioca
January 4th, 2008, 07:39 AM
I said the one where I blend but standout at the same time. Mostly because when I go to the mall and things like that... it's always in a group of boys. My best friend is a girl, but she doesn't go to my school. So I end up hanging out with the boys at my school, then my best friend who lives in another part of town.

THAT is why I stand out XD

!gnition
January 4th, 2008, 08:34 AM
For clothing, you might consider me a part of the crowd since I like to wear polos and long sleeves from abercrombie a lot. Other than that, I listen to whatever music interests me no matter how many records they sold, same goes with having fun. Others may view partying every week as fun, but I rarely go to parties, instead I'd rather just go paintballing with my friends or play some video games at home with them.

But apart from that I am more of a standout socially. I can get along with people, but I have a close knit of friends only. Around 4-5 that I hang out with regularly, and they're mostly childhood friends also from elementary school. They don't all dress the same way I do, nor listen to the same music as myself, but I still consider them my best friends.

Everyone else are really just acquaintances.

TB Pro
January 4th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Oh, boy do I stand out! Pokemon is my best kept secret (yeah, kids are relentless these days >.>), but I otherwise am pretty much the opposite of normal people at our school. I hate ipods (not ipod mp3s FTW!), fergie, Linkin Park...basically everything that's popular now.

It isn't to stand out, I just really hate that stuff...lol

Yeah, liking a lot of "kid stuff" will get you a lot of teasing, but I generally don't care because most people (all people really) who say that stuff to me are just jealous of kids more popular than them and take it out on me.

Their "insults" are really lol though, and they often lack any real common sense and I can tease them with mind games in return.

And considering nobody acts like this except me and a few of my friends, I'm a standout all the way.

Ha!
Me too!
Ol' Anti!
Still the same!

Well anyways,
I hate all the "Cool" things that all of the other kids at school like...
But,
I don't give a hoot about them!
I just do my own thing and go on with life....
The only problem is that all of the "Jerks" are smart too....
So I can't say any witty remarks cause' they cover all ther defenses!
Soooo....
Yea,
I'm a nerd,
But who cares?
I sure as heck don't!

dragica
January 4th, 2008, 09:21 AM
i'm not just one of the sheep.. and i'm absolutelly not a standout (as my horoscope would usually say)... so i guess.. neither?

Jeremy
January 4th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Well sweeties, I'm a standout and proud of it! =D Blending in is borring! I love to standout since since it makes it easier for people to notice me. x3 If there's a group of appropriate dressed people, I'll be the only Asian guy dressed all gangsta by wearing Nintendo clothing, and hold a NES Zapper like it was a real gun. XD Yay for standing out, sweeties! =3

Fox♠
January 4th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Own personal style. Nothing like a sweet pair of comfy jeans, a shirt, a stripey jumper and a stripey hoody with a Sonic hat (Y)
Sometimes I dress normally, for work and stuff.

Soul Eater
January 4th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I tend to stand out sometimes. I dont really care what alot of people think of me though. XD

Oni Link
January 5th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I stand out in certain situations, but in others I don't. I guess I stand out a little at college because I look more interesting, but I'm not so different that I'm 'weird'.

Aegis
January 5th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I suppose I stand out for what I wear, but only at the parties my dad or aunt make me go to. Most people at those parties where suits and other nice clothes, and I used to dress up for them too, but after a certain amount of parties I got tired of having to dress up every single time. Now I just wear jeans and a T-shirt, or whatever shirt I'm wearing that day. Nobody really complains though, they mostly just act disgusted when we first get there, and that's the end of it.

Other then that, I only stand out for not listening to lots of popular music I suppose :x

Suki
January 6th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I guess I blend in. But with my friends, I don't follow everything they do. They always go shopping or out with some boys but I hate doing that stuff now. I prefer to stay in and talk to my boyfriend. I do blend with the clothes though. I am silent too some of the time when I'm not with my friends, but I don't stand out alot. I blend more towards the crowd.

Shadowz
January 6th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I stand out a lot even though i dont reaveal i like Pokemon. I tuck my school uniform in and wear my tie normally, i get called a geek because im really smart

Razer302
January 7th, 2008, 02:25 AM
I blend in with people.I blend in with my friends but I don't really talk that much. I barely go out with them. I prefer to stay in and talk to my girlfriend. Clothes wise I wear anything I want. I don't wear the same as my friends. They can dress badly sometimes. So I stand out then.

If I am with my friends I blend in with them but on my own I just tend to stay away from the groups and find something to do on my own.

Rukia Kuchiki
January 9th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I usually stand out. I hate not being unique, I always have to be different somehow~

Amoeba
January 10th, 2008, 04:42 AM
I... don't really know how to answer this one.

I'm not part of the crowd - I'm rejected by almost everyone. Don't ask why, even I don't know. I consider myself pretty ordinary.

At the same time, I definately don't stand out. In fact, half the time I feel completely invisible. In a way that's good - I don't like it when people stare or talk about me. But in another way it's not so good - nobody wants to get to know me, so I remain lonely as heck.

Anyone know which poll option I should select for?

Kylie-chan
January 10th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I stand out because I'm a freak.

I honestly don't think anyone's truly individualist -- even 'non-conformity' is an overused term for a bunch of people who don't realise that they're all doing the same thing in the first place. I think people struggle with their identity greatly, so they think they have to lead the 'individualist' life to establish their identity. No one is truly different. Even the identity struggle is pretty much a universal stage of your life, I believe. I could be wrong, but this is simply what I've observed; I'm not an expert on humans or anything, far from it, but that's just what I believed.

I follow my own style, however, whether it's different or not [although I think I've made clear my views on complete difference], simply because I have contempt for crowd-following, and also because I don't have the time, patience, or motivation to follow the trends, most of which I dislike anyway. If I 'follow', it's because I genuinely like the thing. I'm not going to fit in properly; I've accepted that. Even if I struggle with it, it allows me to do what I want. I don't understand why people just follow the bandwagon, and so that's why I won't be able to do it, I think.

ETA: It occurred to me that even the -chan names were a virulent fad when we introduced name-changes, but I really wanted this name-change, and when everyone changed to something else, I kept my name. [And Hiyori-chan, but that was for something else.] :x

Jubilation
January 10th, 2008, 06:03 AM
I'm a standout, I love being unique, it's way better than being plan, no offence

STEELIXMANIAC
January 10th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I blend in easily. I don't do anything special or wear anything special to stand out. I'm me. I just like it that way.

latioslegends
January 10th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I standout. Now it's not just that a bunch of people know I like pokemon (some complete moran shouts out I like pokemon durig my Biology period:disappoin) but mostly cause people spread rumors about me, makes me standout. (I hate my school)

Gοяκнaвоii
January 10th, 2008, 12:36 PM
=]
i'm known by everyone, and if i want.. i can hang out wif tha coolest kids and ****...
but i choose to hang out with the average people..
a group of 5~10 yuu know =]=]

but the group i'm currently in... i dont really fit in, but =]
people dont tell me to get lost anyway

Vanilla Kitsune
January 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I stand out. Instead of the normal trend at my school of going on dates and having lots of boyfriends, I stick to a few friends and a completely awesome girlfriend. My clothes are just whatever I feel like. There's not much to choose from really, since we can only wear red, blue, white, gray shirts with navy or khaki pants. I like things no one really likes anymore at my school, and don't listen to rap music. Instead, I play Zelda and listen to Japanese.

I don't mind being different. In fact, I love the idea of staying home on the telephone than going to the movies. :3

Warheart
January 10th, 2008, 12:43 PM
i'm that dude who everyone knows, and could hang out with anyone if I wanted to, so I don't really fall into a specific crowd. I mean yeah, I have my circle of friends, but i'm pretty open to everyone. Usually when I'm out in a big group, I stand out the most. I'm an individual person, and alot of people I know, ironically, have kinda molded who they are around me..which is actually pretty effed up. I can be funny, seriously, pissed off, and whatever else at any random point throught the day. I have a decent amout of friends, so I'm not like, some kind of socially rejected loser, but I'm definetly..different from all my friends.

..I mean dude, I'm hanging out on a Pokemon forum right now. wtf? xD

Waffle-San
January 10th, 2008, 03:03 PM
O this kind of stand out. My original thought from seeing the title was if there was a crowd of people, would you be the one in a very public war with an evil rubber duckey (that was so much fun, and more original than dancing) or one of the people starring and quickening their pace kind of stand out. Cause I'm definately the rubber duckey guy.
Now I do wear some of the latest fashions and I'm up to date in some other areas as well as an avid hockey fan.

I guess you can decide for yourself.

TeirusuFX
January 10th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I'm a mix, but a little more of a standout

♪LoaferBoyzX♪

Merzbau
January 10th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I like the aura of being out there.

I'm totally a standout.

I listen to the worst music, I wear the worst clothes, I wear the worst sunglasses, I like the worst politics, I like the worst topics in science, I like the worst type of religion, I like the worst movies, the worst T.V. shows, and I love seasons 1 through 3 of Digimon.

I'm so happy.

Idiot!
January 11th, 2008, 01:44 AM
It's against my nature to blend in with the crowd. Everyone I know IRL agrees with the following: the songs I like are only likable by me and no one else, same goes for the games, and clothes. My opinions are worlds apart from theirs anyway, and that fact somehow doesn't bother me, which is another thing that sets me apart.

Uryū Ishida
January 11th, 2008, 03:10 AM
im a 50/50 blend....mostly because i like to impress people lol

22sa
January 11th, 2008, 08:42 AM
.... I don't understand why people just follow the bandwagon, and so that's why I won't be able to do it, I think.
Probably because they don't want to be left out ..... and it's not unusual for a bandwagon of people to all have the same goals, either. =)

I have the urge to always be different, too. It's because I always despise what other people end up having and want something more. I don't think I'm superior to them I just hate where they end up, so I seek and and value any difference of mind.

It's not like that if I'm in a crowd of people with similiar interests with me, though. Like in an anime convention, I know following the crowd will probably serve my interests, so I go along with it. I have something to gain from going along with the crowd in that case--it's a crowd I chose, afterall. If I have something to offer, being social is the way, definately, but usually I don't feel this way and walk alone.

viridian doubletongue
January 11th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I don't think I'm either! Really, I'm a bit of both.

I mean, I'm not a very usual type of person, if that makes sense. But I'm not anything exciting or noticable.

I'm not different, but I'm not the same.

Sorano
January 11th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I don't follow the crowd. If I did that here, I'd be into drugs and getting drunk every weekend just for the lulz.

As for style, I do and I don't. I shop at the stores that quite a few people in my school shop at (American Eagle, West 49, etc.), but I don't really buy my clothes based on what everyone is wearing. If I see something I like, I buy it because I like it, not because everyone else will or because everyone else is wearing similar things as well.

Lash
January 13th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I would rather blend in. Why stand out and get all the attention? It is only temporary, and you probably have to work to keep yourself popular.
Obviously, making me a blend in, the average person in the crowd.

Lady Nicole
January 18th, 2008, 09:18 PM
My option isn't there. What about people who aren't part of the crowd at all? You know... outsiders, like me... I don't stand out but I certainly don't blend in either. I'm just different without being at all explicit or noticeably "standing out", if you catch my drift. I just do my own thing, and if that happens to be what the crowd is doing then that doesn't bother me; however, I am very odd different as an individual and always have been =P I am totally unaffected by the actions of other people.

Joey the Cockroach
January 19th, 2008, 03:32 AM
im a standout, or what i call, an outsider. i like most things in which my friends don't. sometimes this is why i am usually on my own, also because i wear clothes which are differently colored or in a different style. one thing: i am cool, they aren't.

Anxiety.
January 19th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Here is my opinion.
If I like it, I like it, if you don't like it. Too bad. I don't really think about trends.
I get bullied for it. BUT I WOULD RATHER STAND OUT THAN BE A SHEEP AND FOLLOW THE CROWD
Ok I have ranted now :)

kidpunk
January 20th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I'm in with the crowd with a couple of kids (which i really don't want to be), but i'm mostly a standout (which i am proud of).

She-Elf
February 2nd, 2008, 07:18 AM
Well, I'm not in the crowd at all, but I do have friends, and I will not be a part of the crowd, so thats okay for me xD

BeachBoy
February 2nd, 2008, 07:24 AM
I'm pretty much a stand out, just becuase I was popular.... people really wanted my opinion of everything, No one complains what I wear, If anything they'd call me asking what I would wear to copy >_>.

I really did my own thing pretty much, but my thing 'abercrombie & finch' is quite the trend where I am, so basically yeah I guess i'm a stand out. For music, I listen to my favorites, not others...

Karonte
February 2nd, 2008, 07:41 AM
I am a total standout lol!

XxZer0xX
February 2nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
People avoid me because I stand out. The only ones that don't avoid me are the people who blend in with me and that's only, like, 3 people.

Sweet Smoochum
February 2nd, 2008, 06:43 PM
I stand out physically and personality wise. I'm a red head amongst many brunettes and blonds in my school. Most girls in my school are mean and grimy, and I'm kind, somewhat shy, and polite. I also like video games, Pokemon, playing sports sometimes, I'm not afraid to admit to liking things that people don't think are cool, I sometimes get other people to admit to liking Pokemon, too. I wear what I like wearing. Besides, a lot my outfits look cooler and more interesting than other students in my school's outfits. A person doesn't necessarily have to wear pink shoes with a pink jacket. You could wear pink shoes with a brown jacket. (or vice versa) :)