PDA

View Full Version : Rumors

AnimeDDR110
January 5th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Does your life get circulated by these sicks lies humans call rumors on a certain basis?

It used to be that way for me but now it has gotten better.

Natalie♥
January 5th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Last year there were rumors about me and an older boy. This year there are none so far.

Soul Eater
January 5th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I could careless if people really have started rumors about me. It happens all the time and I just shake it off.

xiao
January 5th, 2008, 09:27 AM
no never. i dont do rumors, so rumors dont do me

AnimeDDR110
January 5th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I could careless if people really have started rumors about me. It happens all the time and I just shake it off.

Well, its like that for me. i just ignore it.

Merzbau
January 5th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I got punched in the face by some dude in my bus in 8th grade and the rumor circulated that I got "beat down into the ground" or w/e.

That and the fact that I'm gay, I guess, goes around.

oh noez gei

Tr@ce
January 5th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Rumors suck. Thanks to them, everybody at school thinks I'm gay. And I'm definitly not.

RotomVolt
January 5th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I could care less if anybody said anything about me, they're just wasting their time trying to humilate someone.

Tangerine Fox
January 5th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Heck if I know. I can't recall any rumours about me, from any point in time. It's never really been an issue for me, but some people have spread hurtful rumours about some of my friends, including some complete crap that nearly cost one of them their job. Thankfully, it was crushed quickly. >/

Kyoko
January 5th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I've been dealing with the same rumor since 8th grade, it really tore me down then to the point where my mom wanted me to transfer schools. I got over it and moved on but unfortunatley, here we are three years later and some people in my grade have yet to grow up.

Yes, rumors are always apart of daily life but you really can't let them bring you down, you're better off if you ignore them :3

Warheart
January 5th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I haven't really faced a rumor, aside from this one time in 7th grade when a rumor about me being a crackhead went around by someone who hated me (It made no sense because he really had no proof of it)..I kinda knew it was him the entire time, and it stopped one day when i called him out for it infront of like, 30 people. After that, he never really messed with me anymore. And plus it's not like anyone ever actually believed him xD

People who start false rumors are just doin it because they were deprived of attention as children =/

Jack O'Neill
January 5th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Back when I was still in the compulsory education system, I was immune to rumours. Nobody ever started or circulated any rumours about me, and I never started or circulated any rumours about other people.

Nuke
January 5th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Never but I suppose I'm only twelve so no-one would of done it.

Aegis
January 5th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Up until about the fifth grade a good number of rumors revolved around me. Most of them were just guessing at who I had a crush on, like most rumors at that age. After then I guess people didn't care who I liked anymore XD;

Sylphiel
January 5th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Back when I was in high school, there were a few rumors about me, most dealing with my supposed relationship status...it seems like, in some peoples' eyes, it's impossible for a girl to be around a guy without them being a couple. Considering I had a few guy friends back then...yeah. It was more annoying when the rumors supposedly had me paired with a guy I barely even knew (all I'd done was draw him for an assignment in art class. That was it).

Thankfully, ever since I've gotten out of there, the rumors have more or less ceased...which is good, since I don't like dealing with them. <_<

ClassicRockFan
January 5th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Last year, there was a rumor about me being emo (which I am not), but I have managed to shake it off, although some people still believe in that rumor.

Degenerate
January 5th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Well, if there were any rumours about me going around at any time, I wouldn't know about them. You'd have to be pretty bored and lifeless to make up some random crap about me and go through the trouble of trying to spread it around. Really. Those people should spend that time doing something more productive for themselves, like getting their heads out of their bumbums. But ah, unfortunately, I think it's the people who enjoy gossiping and hearing that kind of stuff, that make people want to start those rumours in the first place. If nobody cared about them, nobody would bother with them.

Sorano
January 6th, 2008, 09:46 AM
There is always a rumour going around about me. Some of them aren't that bad, but others are just ridiculous, and I have no clue where people are getting them from. It gets really hard to ignore them sometimes, so I'll stick up for myself, but that just starts more arguments. The girls in my grade are just so hard to get along with, and they think that their opinions are the only ones that matter. I've just gotten used to it now. It's their own fault if they want to waste their time spreading false statements about me. As long as I know they aren't true, I guess I'm fine.

Avey
January 6th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Romours are part of me... (That wasn't a typo, that's the European spelling).

Everywhere I go they surround me... I think it's a disease. Okay, seriously, I hate them and there's always one about me... Really horrible.

Degenerate
January 6th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I heard a rumour once that "rumours" was spelt "romours" in Europe. :P

As long as I know they aren't true, I guess I'm fine.

I agree with that. If you know yourself and what's true, rumours shouldn't get to you. That's what I've always lived by. Not just with rumours, but everything else.

Rukia Kuchiki
January 9th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I don't remember ever hearing rumours about me..

Anything that seemed like a rumour was actually true. XD

Gοяκнaвоii
January 10th, 2008, 12:53 PM
i always have some rumor that i'm going out wif sum other chick >.<
the problem is...
EVERYone knows i'm sticking to one girl...
but EVERYone... believes the rumors o.o

Amoeba
January 10th, 2008, 01:02 PM
No, not anymore.

In high school people liked to use me as the rumour target because I was quiet. Make me look like a complete nutter, a violent psycho (I used to get called psycho). Sounds funny, but for me it was a livning nightmare. Turned the whole school against me. I got in so much trouble, people litterally wanted to beat me up, teachers sent me to a counsellor (because the rumours reached them and they took the word of delinquents over mine). I had nobody in school or at home who was willing to believe my side. It was horrible.

They were stupid petty rumours too. Why did everyone in school believe them? People who say you shouldn't let rumours get to you: Sometimes they can be difficult to escape. In my case they ruined my highschool life, now I'm having to catch up with my courses because of the anger and frustration I went through back then.

Glad I'm out of that dump.

Always and Never
January 10th, 2008, 01:27 PM
No, not anymore.

In high school people liked to use me as the rumour target because I was quiet. Make me look like a complete nutter, a violent psycho (I used to get called psycho). Sounds funny, but for me it was a livning nightmare. Turned the whole school against me. I got in so much trouble, people litterally wanted to beat me up, teachers sent me to a counsellor (because the rumours reached them and they took the word of delinquents over mine). I had nobody in school or at home who was willing to believe my side. It was horrible.

They were stupid petty rumours too. Why did everyone in school believe them? People who say you shouldn't let rumours get to you: Sometimes they can be difficult to escape. In my case they ruined my highschool life, now I'm having to catch up with my courses because of the anger and frustration I went through back then.

Glad I'm out of that dump.

Wow. At least you have the ability to hold your head up after all of that. I mean, that's awesome that you don't let it ruin your life now. I commend you.

Way back in middle school there were rumors going on about me. That I was doing things I wasn't supposed to be doing. [And they were pretty serious too.] I try to black out that entire part of my life because it sucked so hard. Seriously >.>

Waffle-San
January 10th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Well Rumours don't effect me, probabley because any rumours about me are probabley made up by me.
Everyone at my school or in my grade knows me in some way and can probabley decide if they're true or not.
No matter what they decide, I don't really care, I just do whatever, I know plenty of people think I'm weird and I don't disagree but I'll keep on having half an hour wars against evil rubber duckies.

Yuoaman
January 12th, 2008, 02:37 PM
No.... I don't think so..... You're making me paranoid!!!

FlameJuli
January 12th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I guess everyone has rumours spread about them, there used to be some vicious rumours about me but as I got older it stopped.

Idiot!
January 12th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah, there has been rumours about my crush on a girl. Which is all just a pile of crap.

It never fails to make me wonder why humans, having the "best" brains in the world, would easily believe in stupid rumours without bothering to find out they are true or not.

Yuoaman
January 12th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Why do humans believe rumors, here's the answer, courtesy of Mr. Terry Goodkind.

People will believe anything they want to believe, or fear to believe.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."