PDA

View Full Version : When have you first known about Pokemon?

Houndour2004
July 7th, 2004, 12:35 AM
When have you first known about Pokemon?
For me was it starting back in winter 1999, and I did not know it was elder.

Crystal
July 7th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Well, I first heard about it around 1998/99... it was before it came out in the UK, I think. And it was all over the news here about that episode with Porygon, that made Japanese kids have seizures...

After that, I remember it being on TV here and I watched the first ep. But I didn't like it all that much at first... I didn't really become a Pokfan 'til a year or two later. That was when I played Red and Yellow, and some Pokmon cards.

And since then, I thought it was cool!

Pincushion
July 7th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Umm, i think it was when the episodes and the toys & Cards first started to come out in the UK, i thought it was great me and my brother were really big fans, then after awhile we got bored of pokemon, but only a few months ago i watched a new episode on sky one and love it again!

asher_son_of_ash
July 7th, 2004, 12:53 AM
I don't remember when exactly. When I was in second grade maybe in 1999. o.o; But I haven't known much about it until two years later when I saw the anime for the first time.

Batesy's the best! He is cool!

Gr8person62.2
July 7th, 2004, 04:30 AM
*thinks extremely hard*... It was back in late 1997. It was the game that had people hyped up, I had no clue what they was on about, and these kids would bring me a poster and say "Which one is your favourite pokemon" and I remember still I pointed at a Ninetails! I love my memory. Well then I saw an ad on TV, with this guy tricking pokemon into a bus, and then smashing the bus into a GBC and the pokemon was inside... it was an Ad for teh game. It sorta went on from there. What was lame though, was when I learned the TV show existed, I missed the first eppie! It was so annoying, but I saw it again eventually, a year later.. 3 times..lol

Skarmory469
July 7th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Um...the year Red + Blue came out. I saw it and liked it, but then I heard a rumour that they'd be the first of a series, so I waited for the next one, which was Yellow. Then I bought it and was addicted. So I bought Red + Blue as well.

I used to be a hardcore fan about 4 years ago...memorised all the cries and everything... <.<

PGN
July 7th, 2004, 10:03 AM
I heard about when I was..7. Then we watched one of the epasodes and fell in love with it. XD

MalafeX
July 7th, 2004, 10:09 AM
in 1998, when i moved to the u.s, since then i never missed a new episode.

Timbjerr
July 7th, 2004, 11:41 AM
it was back on my brother's 9th bithday in october of 1998...which would've made me 11 at the time...Our dad had bought him a Game Boy Pocket for his birthday and hewanted me to help pick out a good game for it. I had heard a lot of good things about this "Pokmon" game and I chose the red version cuz it had Charizard on it, and knowing my brother, a giant red dragon thing is a lot cooler than a big blue turtle thing. On Cheristmas of 1998, I got the blue version for myslef cuz I was kinda hogging the Red version from my brother. XD

To this day, Charizard is still my brother's favorite pokmon XD

nomed666
July 7th, 2004, 12:05 PM
i first saw when it was 1995 or 1996.

mewruler
July 7th, 2004, 06:45 PM
When it first came out. i have every single pokemon game.And tons of cards and im 11 now and i still love pokemon.

Eliana
July 8th, 2004, 05:41 PM
erm....
Bellsprout.
Why are you all giving me funny looks?
IM SERIOUS! XD

Chairman Kaga
July 8th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Simple...I woke up one morning, watched Hypno's Naptime, pretended to hate it, but was secretly hooked...this was when I was back in the 5th grade, so I'd say it was early 1998...

Eliana
July 8th, 2004, 06:51 PM
OHHHH! WHEN! NOT WHAT! Stupid me! *WHACK* I believe 1998 or 1999

Toothache
July 8th, 2004, 06:53 PM
First I'd heard about it, before the cartoon, there were 3 second adverts in the UK, with random Pokemon and their name and Pokedex number on the screen. First thing I remember about it, was this pink thing walking across the screen going 'Clefairy' for 3 seconds?

Of course, I was totally confused, but then more of them came up. I took an interest in these things, having a fondness for things most people find strange. Anyway, I found out that these strange things came from a game, which was coming out soon. Then I hear on the radio about the strange addiction to Pokemon cards and how schools were banning them.

After that, I waited until the games were out, and I got hold of Blue and started playing.

Eliana
July 8th, 2004, 06:55 PM
well i got a pack of cards.....i remember it was jungle.....lol