PDA

View Full Version : 100 hammers to whoever comes up with a good enough solution (but I'll only post 10)

IceKitten
July 7th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Whoever knows about SafeNet and SafeMail or have it installed on their comps plz speak up, I need to find a way to disable it but still be able to be online.

Since it was installed I can't access my AIM or MSNM, so I go to the internet caf down the road and library in town.

How can I get rid of it but still be able to access my AIM and MSNM?

=/

skds1433
July 7th, 2004, 10:27 AM
try ctrl+alt+delete find the program in the list... and end the task on it

IceKitten
July 7th, 2004, 10:34 AM
It isn't in the tasks, it isn't running, and it blocks a whole lotta sites =/

skds1433
July 7th, 2004, 10:44 AM
IT HAS TO BE IN THE TASK!!! I mean even windows (explorer) is in the tasks. It may not be named the same. Try ending everything in the task, but Explorer.

IceKitten
July 7th, 2004, 10:52 AM
No, it's set into my comp, I've ended all the tasks before, some ppl came around and installed it (took about 30 mins)

it's in my comp somewhere, but I can't find how to disable it, it can't be ended in end task, my comp is seriously f****d by this =/

aRedMoon
July 7th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Kill the process.

If you have XP, it's pretty easy to find it.

IceKitten
July 7th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Where should I look for it?

I'm clueless of where to find it

aRedMoon
July 7th, 2004, 03:49 PM
CTRL + ALT + DEL

"Processes"

Look for "Safemail.exe" or something like that, then kill it.

Gr8person62.2
July 7th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Ok, even if you do that, it'l still load next time. What you should do is:
Go to Start --> Run (Or push Win+R) and in there type in msconfig. Go to the las tab "Startup" and if you should see this Safenet or anything related to it, remove it. Restart your computer and then next time Windowz loads there won't be Safenet, so go find it and it's folder and files, and delete them! Bye Bye Safenet/Safemail or whatever...

IceKitten
July 8th, 2004, 12:30 AM
And I'll still be able to go on my internet connection ya?

I hope you know about this, I can't do it right now because I'm at work (as it's called >.>)

Gr8person62.2
July 8th, 2004, 02:42 AM
To be honest, I have absafreakingloutly no clue what this Safenet thing is. It should still work, I don't see why not.

IceKitten
July 8th, 2004, 04:53 AM
If you don't know what it is, I don't think you're the right person to ask

skds1433
July 8th, 2004, 06:44 AM
why don't you just do:
"Ok, even if you do that, it'l still load next time. What you should do is:
Go to Start --> Run (Or push Win+R) and in there type in msconfig. Go to the las tab "Startup" and if you should see this Safenet or anything related to it, remove it. Restart your computer and then next time Windowz loads there won't be Safenet, so go find it and it's folder and files, and delete them! Bye Bye Safenet/Safemail or whatever..."
what Gr8person62.2 said, and then just restart the computer...

Gr8person62.2
July 8th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Well, what you could ALSO do is find the folder with all the files, and delete all that you can from it. Restart your computer and it should be F'ed when it tries to load. Because it doesn't load properly, you can then delete all the EXE's and whatever DLL's you couldn't before... and BYE BYE Safenet again!

IceKitten
July 8th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Well I can't seem to find it in ''Set Program Access and Defaults''

Can I still find it?

Oh btw...

skds1433
July 8th, 2004, 10:32 AM
all right, I do this every weekend. Ok... first burn all of your personal files to a disc. Then format your hard drive... reinstall windows, and your personal files.

EDIT:
OHHHHH, you need to sigh in on your computer as an administrater...

IceKitten
July 8th, 2004, 11:00 AM
One thing: I can't sign in on my computer as an administrator, it isn't my PC really, it's council's =/

aRedMoon
July 8th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Then complain to counsil and get them to sign in. -_-

IceKitten
July 8th, 2004, 11:23 AM
They'll prolly say ''It's for safety reasons''

the nasty yams ppl they are -_-

skds1433
July 8th, 2004, 12:33 PM
if it's not your computer, then why worry about it?

aRedMoon
July 8th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Because he's forced to use it?

skds1433
July 8th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Why? You don't have your own? Oh I see...

and what do you mean "he"?

perthskies
July 8th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I would not consider formatting your computer just to remove a single program...

Have you tried looking in Add/Remove Programs under the Control Panel? If it's not there... then try looking in the options of the SafeMail program and click Remove Me.

More details...
http://www.safe-mail.net/support/eng/help/preferences/preferences.html

IceKitten
July 9th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Yes I've tried looking in add/remove progs, but it ain't there, and what r u talking about JKaizer? ''he'' ? >.>

I don't have mai own, yet

PichuSecretBase
July 9th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Id say reformatting but if its not your comp you could get in trouble =/

IceKitten
July 12th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Well it looks like I'll have to save up for a laptop, I should get it by 2005 though, surely =)