PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Cassie-chan
July 7th, 2004, 12:54 PM
For some reason, pokecommunity is the only website I can look at. Other websites won't work. It comes up with an error message. And it deleted all but 3 websites out of my favorates! I've run Mcafee, ad-aware, and spybot, but it doesn't find anything! What could be wrong?

Gr8person62.2
July 8th, 2004, 02:52 AM
The only reason you can look at it, is probably because it's one of the only pages it's cached in the temporary internet files.

Since you where able to post this, then your connection is OK, but something is blocking your websites. It might be a virus. Run Mcafee again, but update the virus list first. Same for Ad-aware and Spybot.

perthskies
July 8th, 2004, 04:00 PM
I was thinking maybe your firewall... check if anything is blocked there and that you've given Internet Explorer (or whatever browser you're using) full permissions, etc.

Cassie-chan
July 8th, 2004, 09:40 PM
I was thinking maybe your firewall... check if anything is blocked there and that you've given Internet Explorer (or whatever browser you're using) full permissions, etc.
I checked. But we can't leave the firewall on because it compleatly blocks the internet...(Started a few weeks ago) I double-checked the permissions, too. I know it's not a good thing to do, leaving your firewall off, but...BTW, the firewall is Zonealarm...

Gr8person-Earlier I tried, and it asked me to log in. But then later, when I got my mom, it didn't ask to log in and said we have all the updates...

Geometric-sama
July 11th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Did you check the security settings on IE? Perhaps you've marked PC as a trusted site and blocked everything else o_O... and try resetting your firewall and re-enabling access for one program at a time.