PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear shoes at home?

Virtual Chatot
January 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Do you wear shoes while you're in the house? I normally wear my socks, and hardly ever keep my shoes on in the house.

What about you?

Rukia Kuchiki
January 10th, 2008, 06:02 PM
It is an asian tradition not to wear shoes in the house, thus cleary stating I do not wear shoes inside my house and also stating I am asian. :o

Soul Eater
January 10th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Nope. I prefer to run around barefoot. I get enough of wearing shoes at school. XD My feet enjoy freedom. <3

Tangerine Fox
January 10th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Not unless I'm about to leave. X3

Heck, if I can help it, I usually don't wear sock or shoes at all. If I need to go onto something I wouldn't really want on my feet or there are bugs or toxins or whatever on the ground, then I'll wear shoes. Same for if I'm going out somewhere.

However, I really don't see the need for shoes in my backyard or driveway on a average day. (See strange things on the ground exception.) If I'm running around, I usually opt to go barefoot unless I have running shoes on; it's better traction!

Sometimes I slide my shoes off in the tech booth if I'll be there are long acts. Same reason, but for less sense. (Ground vs. the chair legs I stand on.)

Cherrim
January 10th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I don't wear shoes inside. I didn't even realize some people did until I was 12 or something. I still find it really weird. 8D;

I'll not take off my shoes if I'm already out the door when I forget something--it's easier to just run in and grab it and run right back out. Plus sometimes I won't take them off right away because I'm just lazy or I expect to go out again soon. XD

Ausaudriel
January 10th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I'm usually more comfortable without my shoes, so when inside I like to keep them off. ^^;;

If I'm just waking up I just go barefoot (since I don't sleep in socks), but if I'm out and then come home and take my shoes off, I'll usually leave my socks on.

New Age Retro Hippie
January 10th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Nup. I avoid wearing shoes wherever possible. I hate shoes, I feel really confined within them. Heck, I sometimes take them off at school!

Morkula
January 10th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Never. Ever. They go off as soon as I walk in the door. XD

Sometimes if I'm just home for a little while (like if I come home after school for 30 minutes or so before I have to be somewhere else), I'll leave them on, but other than that, I can't stand wearing shoes in the house. Too uncomfortable.

And I only wear socks if I've been out that day. If I just stay home all day, I don't even bother putting them on, since I sleep barefoot 99% of the time.

Sanctuary
January 10th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I only wear socks and slippers when it's winter time, since I have no carpet, my house is all tiling, and it's too cold.

During summer I don't wear shoes/slippers though. >:

It is an asian tradition not to wear shoes in the house, thus cleary stating I do not wear shoes inside my house and also stating I am asian. :o

Yeh, I'm asian too, but we don't follow that asian tradition since we've sort of adapted to living in Australia, so we still wear shoes/slippers. :3

Gοяκнaвоii
January 10th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Nope.. if i could, i'd replace all shows in the world with Sandles because shoes always cram up my feet >)

kohei
January 10th, 2008, 09:07 PM
She basically said what I wanted to say, lol.

WarHawk
January 10th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I feel more comfortable without my shoes on in the house.

Simplicity
January 10th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I never wear shoes in the house unless I'm REALLY COLD. But like Star Poochyena said- it's only during Winter. Otherwise, if I wore shoes in the house, the floor would kind of get dirty. XD

Lucy Lu
January 10th, 2008, 11:58 PM
I never wear shoes in the house. When I get to the house I take them off outside and then I go in. But that is when I lived with my parents. Nowdays, I still have my shoes on when I go inside my apartment. I take them off there. I need to start taking them off before I go inside my apartment.

Amoeba
January 11th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Nah, they come off at the take-you-shoes-off-and-dump-your-shopping bit at the front door.

Idiot!
January 11th, 2008, 01:35 AM
It is an asian tradition not to wear shoes in the house.

That's why I go barefoot. Besides, my feet want to feel free.

シーツー
January 11th, 2008, 01:56 AM
I only wear slippers in the winter. Without them, I'd get cold.
In the summer I normally don't wear slippers or socks.

Uryū Ishida
January 11th, 2008, 02:01 AM
i don't were not allowed shoes in the house lol.

Eon-Rider
January 11th, 2008, 02:32 AM
I don't since it'll make the carpet all dirty.

Razer302
January 11th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I don't wear then in the house often. I always just wear socks. But if it is really cold I will wear my trainers because my floors downstairs are tiled so it makes feet cold. I am used to that now though.

Kylie-chan
January 11th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I do most of the time. I hate socks without shoes, though, so it's either no shoes and socks or shoes. ;p

Olz.
January 11th, 2008, 07:35 AM
My mum screams at me when i wear my shoes inside >.<

Suki
January 11th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I never wear shoes. To be honest I think it's a bit stupid. Especially in stuff like Eastenders lol. Always wear socks. I don't like wearing no socks in the middle of the day.

Gendo Ikari
January 11th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I take my socks off when I go to sleep, since they get a 12 hour breather, which makes sense. Have them on for the rest of the day, if you get what I mean @_@

Sorano
January 11th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I'm not allowed wearing shoes in the house. I guess because my parents are afraid it'll make the carpets dirty or something. I like walking around in bare feet, though. Shoes are uncomfortable. Except in the winter, I sometimes wear sock or slippers because my feet freeze. :3

Chikara
January 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I'm awful because... I wear crocks when I'm in my room.

They're... REALLY comfy :3
I'm not supposed to, no.

Live in Color
January 11th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Shoes aren't as comfy as going bare feet/socks. With socks it's comfy, but bare feet it's all cold unless it's summer. I hate wearing shoes. :(

TeirusuFX
January 11th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I'm still wearing my shoes now

I never notice when my shoes are on =P

♪LoaferBoyzX♪

Cassino
January 11th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Ankle socks or slippers... I need new slippers. T_T

No one actually does wear shoes inside, as it seems. It's generally a mark of a lack of respect (or something similar) to the owner of the house, not to take off one's shoes while inside.

Haruki
January 11th, 2008, 06:26 PM
nope barefoot or socks for me

xiao
January 12th, 2008, 07:18 AM
same as haruki. so weird to be in shoes inside. thats so america and those full house shows

Degenerate
January 12th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Nah, sometimes I couldn't be bothered to wear them outside my home, let alone in doors. Most of the times I have a pair of slippers on.

Sylphiel
January 12th, 2008, 11:43 AM
I find it a bother to put shoes on, so I won't do so unless I'm going somewhere and need to wear them. I usually go barefoot, since I prefer the feeling of my feet being unrestricted by such things. :D

I don't even normally wear socks, for the same reason as above - that, and there's a wooden floor in my house, so wearing socks is kind of asking for trouble at times, haha.

Aegis
January 12th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Ew no. I never wear shoes inside, even if I'm going somewhere else soon. I usually go around barefoot, it's much more comfortable then wearing shoes. I occasionally wear socks, but only if it's really cold, otherwise I slip around to much on the hard floors.

FlameJuli
January 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Nope because I keep a clean home! everyone has to wear slippers, even guests. I have 10 pairs of slippers for my guests just because of the sizes.

Ayano Katagiri
January 13th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Nope. We don't really do with shoes inside, it's how it's always been really.

Plus, it'd probably make the house more dirty if we did, especially since there's carpet.

Uryū Ishida
January 13th, 2008, 01:22 AM
I'm still wearing my shoes now

I never notice when my shoes are on =P

♪LoaferBoyzX♪
Wow, lol, i sometimes do that, then my mum has a fit at me:(

Sheena--Fujibayashi
January 13th, 2008, 02:13 AM
I`m half asian & I still get forced to take off my shoes entering house, especially when visiting my grandparents. They have a puppy & I prefer to wear my shoes because that dog is pretty jumpy & can bite your toes like it`s done to me before. ;;

~P.S~
January 13th, 2008, 03:35 AM
No, I'm either wearing socks, slippers or am barefoot. Like said before its Asian tradition not to wear shoes in your house. Keep the dirt of the outside world away.

Sammi
January 13th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Sometimes I do. If I went somewhere, I'll usually keep my shoes on when I'm back, because I'm lazy. XD; If I'm not going anywhere, I'm barefoot. Too lazy to put shoes on. I also hate socks without shoes. I do own slippers now, but I forget I own them.

Lady Nicole
January 13th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I rarely wear my shoes in the house. I like wandering around in slippers or just socks =P

Lumine
January 13th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Nope I rarely wear my shoes inside the house, I just go barefoot XD

Lo-chan
January 14th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I don't wear my shoes in my house unless I forget to take them off. They'll be taken off though once I realize that shoes are on. I don't know why I do that ^^; I just like walking around my house bare foot XD

Binary
January 14th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Nope, I don't wear shoe's inside my house,
whats the point anyways? But I do wear socks in the winter...else I would freeze...zzz..zz.

~C3LEBI

Ben Kenobi
January 14th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I always take my shoes off as soon as I enter the house. Shoes are too cumbersome to wear inside the house.

Zanacross
January 14th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I feel comfortable in my shoes. I would rather wear them then socks or bare feat.
But I live with my foster parents and we don't wear shoes in the house :(

But when i move out and get my own place ill do what I want =/

Avey
January 14th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I can safely say, no, I don't wear shoes at home.

Dawning Mew
January 14th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Nevah!

No, i don't wear shoes at home.

ClassicRockFan
January 14th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Not at all. Shoes are a bit too uncomfortable to wear at home.

Apathetic_Yen
January 14th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I used to but now my family doesn't so that we can be more Asian. keeheehee

Arcanine
January 14th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I'll just quote a post first and it's the main reason why I don't wear shoes in the house.

That wasn't hard was it? XD
Not only because of that, but if I wear shoes then I might track something all over the place, all over the carpet and so on. And I hate cleaning up stuff like that, so no shoes in the house.

MUSION
January 15th, 2008, 05:43 PM
My Mum would beat me up if I wore shoes in the house! Not that I'd want to anyway though, I like just wearing socks. Heck sometimes I take my shoes off at school and just walk around the class in socks.

LORD NIGHTMARE
January 15th, 2008, 07:53 PM
i always ware shoes dunno why just do

The Real AAA
January 17th, 2008, 09:50 PM
yes but idk y lol
I guess is becuz i leave the house a lot n i have them on so i don't need 2 go looking for them

Azonic
January 18th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I don't wear shoes. I barely even wear clothes

I is usually barefoot.

dragica
January 18th, 2008, 05:11 PM
no, i don't wear shoes... i wear only socks or in summer not even that
also guests in my country never wear shoes when visiting, they always get slippers :P

Joey the Cockroach
January 19th, 2008, 03:51 AM
i dont wear shoes in the house, i usually walk barefooted, or with socks on, so no.

Sarcastic Prince
January 22nd, 2008, 02:08 AM
"No shoes in the palace!" Shouted Mum. I think wearing shoes in my palace is ridiculous!! Also, it is one of the rules in my palace.

msdmario
January 22nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
No, I don't wear shoes in the house or socks for that matter. I only wear shoes when I leave the house obviously.

I don't really like wearing shoes that much since they don't fell that comfortable. I enjoy taking off my shoes and socks after a long day of school.

Natti
January 22nd, 2008, 08:12 AM
Being Korean, we follow the Asian tradition and go barefoot. :0

Kinda sucks though, when my shoes feel like icecubes from being outside during winter. x___x;

lostprophetsown
January 23rd, 2008, 10:20 AM
naww i dont makes my feet really sweaty and the dye runs off my socks if they are black so i tend not to wear shoes in the house and usually not socks but quite alot of my friends do but i think it can be quite disrespectful as it can ruin the carpet

Jaimes
January 23rd, 2008, 01:06 PM
No way, doing so would transfer loads of germs from the outside onto your carpet =S