PDA

View Full Version : January 14th Blizzard of '08- Anyone get a snow day? :]

PunkerThanThou
January 14th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I know I did. Quite a first for my school...LMAO. We're actually getting snow. A whole damn foot of it. SCORE. I'm SO excited, EXCEPT that I think the phone lines are going to snap. :| But how about any of you guys? I'm not sure how big the storm is, but I'm pretty sure it's extending to many parts of New England and I think it's a safe bet some of you are from New England..
...Any takers?

Red1530
January 14th, 2008, 06:28 AM
I have officially a two - hour delay. However I attend a vocational training program in the morning and that was canceled. Since I have only two classes at my normal school I only have to go in to school for an hour.:)

Soul Eater
January 14th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Oh how I wish I lived back in maine. ;~; I bet Maine is getting alot of snow...they always do. I used to get alot of snow days when I lived in maine. Arizona sucks when it comes to having snow days, unless you live in the mountains. I remember getting snow days when I lived in Maine and for my those were the best days of my life. <3

747Jason747
January 14th, 2008, 07:18 AM
lol u guys are lucky we never even Get snow in South-Africa its to hot to even snow here.:(

PunkerThanThou
January 14th, 2008, 07:19 AM
lol u guys are lucky we never even Get snow in South-Africa its to hot to even snow here.:(
Well, it is cool you live in South Africa. I mean, we're freezing half the year. :P I was in California this December and the mountains were snow covered...it was odd.

Forci Stikane
January 14th, 2008, 07:25 AM
A...blizzard?? Lucky~!! It's all (mostly) clear skies where I am...but I still only have one class tonight, so maybe...

Eon-Rider
January 14th, 2008, 07:37 AM
It's kind of annoying how you northern hemisphere people keep talking as if you are the only people who exist. Us southern hemisphere don't go on making topics about the weather and crap. >_>

Well anyway, lets pretend I didn't say that. It's summer here and we never get snow in the winter anyway so no, we did not get a blizzard for those two reasons.

PunkerThanThou
January 14th, 2008, 07:41 AM
It's kind of annoying how you northern hemisphere people keep talking as if you were the only people who existed. Us southern hemisphere don't go on making topics about the weather and crap. >_>

Well anyway, lets pretend I didn't say that. It's summer here and we never get snow in the winter anyway so no, we did not get a blizzard for those two reasons.

LMAOOOOO Sorry. Bostonians tend to be INCREDIBLY self-centered. :P TBH I would much rather be in Australia than here, because life in the Americas is pretty boring, even with the occasional blizzard. This 'blizzard' is pretty pathetic too...we were originally supposed to get like, 12 inches. It's barely 5...

mewthree w/armor
January 14th, 2008, 09:37 AM
In Central Pennsylvania we got rain, it was warmer then thought.

Avey
January 14th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Um... No... Just rain... Which is a pity, I quite like snow... But I hate blizzards, I skiied in one before, it was horrible.

PunkerThanThou
January 14th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Um... No... Just rain... Which is a pity, I quite like snow... But I hate blizzards, I skiied in one before, it was horrible.

Well that isn't too bright lol...was it like, white out conditions?

AnimeDDR110
January 14th, 2008, 12:57 PM
not one flake. I live in essex county to, the top county from my state that was suppose to get the most snow =[

PunkerThanThou
January 14th, 2008, 12:59 PM
not one flake. I live in essex county to, the top county from my state that was suppose to get the most snow =[

Isn't Essex County in MA? Unless I'm totally stupid. xD I'm in Middlesex...God knows what the storm did, weathermen tend to be wrong.

AnimeDDR110
January 14th, 2008, 01:02 PM
No, its in NJ. Yay! Another New Jerseyan!

PunkerThanThou
January 14th, 2008, 01:05 PM
No, its in NJ. Yay! Another New Jerseyan!

ORLY? I'm in Boston. :P I guess they have similar counties...I could have sworn the storm WAS supposed to go through NJ...How odd.

Warheart
January 14th, 2008, 02:41 PM
ORLY? I'm in Boston. :P I guess they have similar counties...I could have sworn the storm WAS supposed to go through NJ...How odd.

Dude..No..WAY. NOEFFINGWAYOMGDUDEWTFBBQ!?! (...?)

I live in MA, just like..Not Boston. I'm in the little suburbs of Westwood, some random town that no one knows exists, unless you live there. anyways, yeah we had a snow day, which surprised me, seeing as our school board is made up of Nazi's who refuse to give us any time off, unless the weather somehow puts someone's life in danger.

The day off for me consisted of 6 straight ours of playing GH3. w00t!

PunkerThanThou
January 14th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Dude..No..WAY. NOEFFINGWAYOMGDUDEWTFBBQ!?! (...?)

I live in MA, just like..Not Boston. I'm in the little suburbs of Westwood, some random town that no one knows exists, unless you live there. anyways, yeah we had a snow day, which surprised me, seeing as our school board is made up of Nazi's who refuse to give us any time off, unless the weather somehow puts someone's life in danger.

The day off for me consisted of 6 straight ours of playing GH3. w00t!

O.M.G.

I live 15 minutes from Westwood. That's SO awesome. I used to go to a camp there. :P You probably got more snow than us...

mustangGT90210
January 15th, 2008, 03:30 PM
It's tough for it to snow in Florida, so sadly, no snow for me...
I was up in michigan over christmas so I saw a good amount of it to make up for what I don't see here.

Ichikool
January 15th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I got a snowday yesterday! =]
But it was nothing, everything was wet. We could of had school...

mustangGT90210
January 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I got a snowday yesterday! =]
But it was nothing, everything was wet. We could of had school...
Could have but didn't! Lucky you! I have exams right now, I'd love to miss!

Rebellious Treecko
January 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM
There was a big snow storm a week ago in my town. Some of the houses got power outages; my house was lucky.
It's over though. :[

I did get one snow day. Just one.
Stupid snowplows.