PDA

View Full Version : Ehh... Help?

Kayleigh
July 8th, 2004, 02:31 PM
I was viewing a website that requires a smaller resolution that what I normally use, and so I changed my screen size so I could see all of the website. Well, after I was done, I went on to look at a different site, and I just left the resolution on the smaller size. After a few minutes I decided to switch it back, while I was on the site, and after I did, it totally messed up my screen! The pictures look wierd and blurry, and the colors are different, and there's a big black area on the left side of my screen that messes up how I view a site. I don't know why it did that... It's worked in the past when I changed resolutions. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong, and how to fix it?

aRedMoon
July 8th, 2004, 02:54 PM
You tried to restart? Or just turn you monitor off and back on?

perthskies
July 8th, 2004, 04:02 PM
More details would be nice Kayleigh...

What video card is it? And what driver version are you using?

Sakura and Espeon
July 8th, 2004, 04:06 PM
It depends, Probally you switch into 256 color mode... or something. >_<

Switch the color mode back to 32-bit and see what happens. ^_^

Gr8person62.2
July 8th, 2004, 05:31 PM
It's very possible you went 1 step too high with your resolution, and you monitor couldn't handle it. Try changing it back the the small resolution, and go back to a higher one, 1 resolution at a time. I know windows taks off the ones your monitor can't handle, but it's not always right. My older monitor displays 2 resolutions too far from what it can handle. It still displays though, but not properly at all. Kinda like what you described.

Kayleigh
July 8th, 2004, 07:26 PM
More details would be nice Kayleigh...

What video card is it? And what driver version are you using?Umm... Huh? o_o Please keep in mind, guys, that I know nothing about computers, and this needs to be explained nice and slowly, and in English, lol.

Anyways, yes, I did try restarting the computer, refreshing, all of that stuff. And I tried changing the resolutions, but each one still looked wierd on my computer.

How do I change the color mode, and what's a drive card? O_o;

Sakura and Espeon
July 8th, 2004, 07:32 PM
To change Color Mode

1. Right Click on the Desktop
2. Select Properties and then select Settings
3. Find Color Quality and Select 32-bit or True Color
4. Press Apply

If this fails, go to advanced, Adapter and write down the driver's name. ^_^

Kayleigh
July 8th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Okay, that fixed the color thing! ^_^ Thank you very much!

Now all I need to do is get rid of this black area on the left side of my screen. It's really, really wierd. I can go on all of the resolutions, it just always has that wierd space on it. I can't really describe it...

[EDIT] Nevermind, nevermind! ^__^ I was playing around with the resolutions, and it just suddenly fixed when I changed it! It was wierd, but I'm glad! Thanks for all of your help, though, everyone.

aRedMoon
July 9th, 2004, 10:29 AM
If you got it, no reason for this to stay open. ^.^