PDA

View Full Version : fast money as a kid?

BakingBluePotatoe
January 18th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Hello. You all know who I am, so no need to introduce myself tongue.gif

Anyways, I want to make about 30-40$ by the end of feburary or so... I wish to buy a copy of Pokemon Daimond, due to the lack of space on Pearl.

do you have any ideas how I can make this much money this fast? I am only 13, so I can't get a job for about another year or so... any ideas?

The Shadow
January 18th, 2008, 12:53 PM
For starters mow peoples lawn. Or you can set up a lemonade stand.

Tangerine Fox
January 18th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Well, that depends on your skills and opportunities.

Yard work, paper routes, and such are all common jobs for younger teens. Work around the house that isn't part of a normal day-to-day routine and would be paid if done by someone else is usually negotiable. Or even working out an allowance for completing enough chores each week, if that works for your situation.

You could look into freelance writing if that's your forte; finding and sending out queries to publishers specializing in younger writers is likely best if you chose that.

Look at what you've got to work with, than just start trying things out. :3

BakingBluePotatoe
January 18th, 2008, 12:57 PM
For starters mow peoples lawn. Or you can set up a lemonade stand.

Lemonade stands won't go over well where I live...... and it's stowing here for a few days..... do you think I can go around so people in the neiborhood asking if I can clear thier diveways of snow for a few dollars? (like... about 5 dollars)

The Shadow
January 18th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Yeah that sounds like a great idea.

Chibi-chan
January 18th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Maybe petsitting. That's how I started to earn money at that age. Dogwalking and other animal related things if you're into animals.

ClassicRockFan
January 18th, 2008, 06:10 PM
I would go for babysitting. A lot of people my age are able to make some money off of it and they say it is not too hard, but that really depends on the child.

latioslegends
January 19th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Babysitting it the best idea to me if you want to get the money fast. You would probably have most of the money after one job, and just a few simple chores (if your parents pay you) you'll be set! ^^

kidpunk
January 19th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I would go around to other houses when it would start snowing and offer to shovel the snow out of the person's driveway.

Its probably the smartest thing you can do to make money at your age.

!gnition
January 19th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Mow lawn during the summer, and try shoveling snow during the winter.

You could also try being a paper boy.

If you're successful enough and have enough business, you should be able to make $30-40 a week, or even more if you're lucky :)

MissMegano
January 20th, 2008, 07:29 AM
If you babysit, you could earn enough money in one night if you're lucky! Any parents you know who live near you, just call them and politley tell them that you're availible to babysit. And remember, first impression is EVERYTHING! Once you get going, you could make $100 or so a month.

pink-tiger
January 20th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I get 20$ every weekend,unless its the week their paying the house bill.Then back to 20$
Then just last week my brothers paying me 5$ for doing 1 of his chores. ^_^

snikerz35
January 20th, 2008, 09:54 AM
You should do chores without being asked to.You can also use some of the money you are saving up in your piggy bank. Hope this helps!

747Jason747
January 20th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Go beat up an old lady or Rob a bank:)me and my Friend go every second week and Wash everybody's cars in the Street that usually gets us 40 bucks.

Jessie
January 20th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I'm 15. I get money for horse sitting. And alot of it. I get about $50 PER DAY, PER HORSE. My main customer has 2 horses and goes away for week-long vacations...^.^ Anywho, pet sitting is a great way. That's how I pay for everything...including my own horses medical care.

Dawg 2005
January 20th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I'm 15. I get money for horse sitting. And alot of it. I get about $50 PER DAY, PER HORSE. My main customer has 2 horses and goes away for week-long vacations...^.^ Anywho, pet sitting is a great way. That's how I pay for everything...including my own horses medical care.

Oh lawd.

Babysitting, mowing lawns, and garage sales are my top 3 choices.

I don't really get what you meant by Diamond having more "space," but whateverrr.

lovelygirl111
January 20th, 2008, 11:55 PM
babysitting, or washer
it also can train a lot

Galla
January 22nd, 2008, 08:47 AM
* Walking the neighbor's dogs
* Just petsitting
* Mowing lawns
* Showeling show
* Tutoring younger kids (I did this at your age and got about $7 an hour for helping a kid two years below me with his math. But then again, you need good marks to be able to do this)
* Babysitting
* Delivering papers
* Sell some of your old things, make a garage sale w/your friends

So yeah, most of my ideas have already been stated but best of luck!!!!

BakingBluePotatoe
January 23rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Dawg, what I ment was: My boxes are full on pearl, and even releasing there is STILL overcrowding! if I got a second game, I would have ALOT of space!
Well, let's see here:

* Walking the neighbor's dogs tons of dogs where I live (farmland), so I probobly could! =D
* Just petsitting grandparents would freak o.O
* Mowing lawns not the time of year
* Showeling show not enough on the ground anymore T_T
* Tutoring younger kids (I did this at your age and got about $7 an hour for helping a kid two years below me with his math. But then again, you need good marks to be able to do this) supposedly they might I would be the one that "NEEDS" it.......
* Babysitting aww... I love children! but as classicrockfan said, difficulty could be anywhere
* Delivering papers but do girls do that? and I can't ride a bike either :p
* Sell some of your old things, make a garage sale w/your friends I suppose it's worth a shot, but where would I put it? I live in the country!

well, it seems people have good ideas to make money! but does anybody have more?

badgerskunk
January 23rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
Fast money ----> Sell your gamecube, Wii and nintendo DS

Mrchewy
January 24th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Sorry if I missed something, but are you actually getting pocket money? If not, you should sit down with your parents and discuss it. I used to earn $20 dollars a week from cleaning the dishes, walking the dogs, taking out the trash and doing other small jobs.

aRedMoon
January 24th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Keep an eye on the ground around shops. You'd be amazed how much money people drop and don't bother to pick up. A good day of shopping with your parents could net you near $5.00

Since you mentioned you live in farmland, you could see if any of your neighbors still need some help dealing with preperations for spring. Like getting seeds ready and that sort of thing.

If you're good at drawing or that sort of thing, you could try doing something like commissions, like at school or something. Draw your benchmate a cool picture for $1.

Just a few ideas :)

And if more snow falls - GET OUT THERE QUICK! Snow shoveling is a competitive business, and the first kid there gets the $10.