PDA

View Full Version : Meat from cloned Animals is safe to eat?

mega-dark
January 19th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Well i heard this a few days ago and i was wondering what do some of you guys think about eating cloned animal products. Me, now way! I don't mind food right now with all these chemicals in it but a Cloned animal, man i can't even imagin if i discover i've eaten a cloned animal in the last week. >_< So what do you guys think about this. Would you eat cloned animals or not or do you just don't care.

Chibi-chan
January 19th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I don't think I'd like to eat cloned meat until it was in the market for awhile. I'm afraid of weird side-effects and the like x.x It might taste like real meat, but still, it's got that eerie quality about it that it's artificial. Artificial meat. How awkward.

I think this is better for Other Voting Polls though...

Amachi
January 19th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Considering that a clones are an exact duplicate, there shouldn't be any problem health wise when consuming cloned animals. Heck, even when the DNA is messed around with there isn't much to worry about, if anything.

Also, this is better suited for Other Voting Polls.

moved

pink-tiger
January 19th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Cloning exist? 0_0 (feels dumb)
I did not know that!

Cassino
January 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I've also heard about this, I suppose you live in the UK?

The only thing with clones is, they'd be more suspectable to disease. Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with cloned meat. However, like Chibi-chan, I'd probably wait a while.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
January 19th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Cloned meat is perfectly okay AND healthy to consume, it's been scientifically proven and if you employ a little logic on how cloning works, you'd been able to sort it out by yourselves.

Nevertheless, health and "possible side-effects" aside, there are people who have moral problems with cloned meat. Most of them are religious.

I personally have no issues with cloned meat.

Marksman
January 19th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Well i heard this a few days ago and i was wondering what do some of you guys think about eating cloned animal products. Me, now way! I don't mind food right now with all these chemicals in it but a Cloned animal, man i can't even imagin if i discover i've eaten a cloned animal in the last week. >_< So what do you guys think about this. Would you eat cloned animals or not or do you just don't care.

Hey, what do you have against Chemicals huh? Have you seen the stuff they put in Food Nowadays? Yerk! Problem, is, we have 2 Options: Either Eat or Starve to Death.

Azonic
January 19th, 2008, 04:49 PM
As long as its edible...

Wait, no I change my mind.

As long as its edible...

Then I'm okey

Jaimes
January 19th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Theres no difference about the produce from a clone animal to a normal one, nor would there be any 'side effects' :S
Seriously why whine about it? everyone knows that going to mcdonalds is unhealthy, but I can't image this stops you from getting some fast food.

Also you eat cloned plants all the time- strawberries, potatoes, beans and so on. You clearly don't feel guilty about that do you?

it's got that eerie quality about it that it's artificial No it's not a 'fake meat' like tofu. It's still meat and identical to meat taken from whatever it's cloned from.
The only thing with clones is, they'd be more suspectable to disease. And no they're not - a clone has the same likelihood of catching something as its parent. If anything something to be cloned would be chosen because it is more resistant to a disease ~_~

Cassino
January 19th, 2008, 05:01 PM
And no they're not - a clone has the same likelihood of catching something as its parent. If anything something to be cloned would be chosen because it is more resistant to a disease ~_~
What I mean is, if one of the clones gets a disease, with all the others being genetically identical there's a higher likelihood of them all falling victim to the disease equally.

mega-dark
January 19th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Hey, what do you have against Chemicals huh? Have you seen the stuff they put in Food Nowadays? Yerk! Problem, is, we have 2 Options: Either Eat or Starve to Death.

I have nothing against chemicals in food what so ever. I mean i like apples and most the apples i eat probley have chemicals to kepp then lasting longer and to keep bugs off then. So i don't mind chemicals in my food (as long as it doesn't kill me >_>) i just don't like the idea of eating something cloned. But then again someone (i forget the name who posted) says plants get cloned all the time. True but these are animals we're cloning here not plants.

Zanacross
January 19th, 2008, 05:20 PM
there are people who have moral problems with cloned meat. Most of them are religious.

I don't see how can it not be morel to eat cloned meat. It's the same as eating an uncloned cow. It's basically meaning it lives again with different memories (IMO)

I wouldn't be able to find anything wrong with it health wise. If we can eat a normal version we can eat a cloned version.

Ausaudriel
January 19th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I don't see how can it not be morel to eat cloned meat. It's the same as eating an uncloned cow. It's basically meaning it lives again with different memories (IMO)

I wouldn't be able to find anything wrong with it health wise. If we can eat a normal version we can eat a cloned version.
It's more about "cloning is against GOD'S WILL!!11111". I think the basic idea is that humans aren't supposed to create life, god is. *shrug*

I personally have no issue with cloning, or eating cloned meat. (Heck, I'm interested in human cloning and would love to see it happen.)

Tapioca
January 19th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I don't eat it because my parents don't like... buy it...

but every time I see it I can't help but think SPAM(the canned meat, not the off-topc discussions fyi). Artificial meat flashes through my mind.

>>
<<

...I feel bad for saying that ><

Cassino
January 19th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I don't eat it because my parents don't like... buy it...

but every time I see it I can't help but think SPAM(the canned meat, not the off-topc discussions fyi). Artificial meat flashes through my mind.

>>
<<

...I feel bad for saying that ><

You do know this thread is about cloned meat (which I don't think one can currently buy), and not processed meat, right?

Sorry if I count as being off-topic or something.

Warheart
January 19th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Chances are, if I wasn't aware that it was meat from a cloned animal, I would probably eat it, but what's actually the point of this? like, aren't there enough animals to mindlessly slaughter for our own hunger needs anyways? Why should one animal have to endure the pain of being killed for its meat twice? xD

I don't see myself being able to eat it by choice. I mean, even if it is the same, the entire thought behind it is kinda..disguisting XD

Sammi
January 19th, 2008, 07:10 PM

How about organic food? Isn't that the point of it...? o_O Or maybe I've misinterpreted the idea of organic food, I'm not sure.

I wouldn't even know if it was cloned meat, most likely. As long as it tastes like normal meat, it wouldn't bother me. It's... meat. ._.;

Binary
January 20th, 2008, 06:45 AM
No way,
It is like eating artificial meat, I actually feel sick. I sometimes also feel sick at eating normal meat :/ But if I didn't know it was cloned meat, I would feel happy to eat it but feel sick afterwards.

~C3LEBI

Allstories
January 20th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Things that are cloned still have to be born and grow up and stuff. It's not like they're being hacked together with scrap metal. I don't see how it would be any different than a non-cloned animal. It's not as if you press a button and suddenly there's a clone. It's the same as having a twin.

Harmony
January 20th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I would be VERY self conscious about it, but as some people said above, if I wasn't aware that the meat was cloned, and it tasted the same, then I wouldn't have a problem..

Đ a r κ
January 20th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I don't see any issues with eating meat from cloned animals. It's the same as eating a regular animal. It's like getting two for the price of one ;D If you think about it; if they continue to clone, it should save other animal populations from decreasing any more than we've already done.

!gnition
January 20th, 2008, 01:45 PM
As long as it's FDA approved and safe, I don't see why not.

Same goes with inorganic and organic fruits/vegetables, I don't mind either one :)

TwilightBlade
January 20th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't care if I ate meat from a cloned animal.. Food is food. As long as I won't get sick, I'd eat it. ._.

PB
January 21st, 2008, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I agree with TwilightBlade the meat wouldn't be a problem unless the animal that it was cloned from had a problem.

#Gecko#
January 22nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
It does feel weird eating clones, but it doesn't matter since the packges won't tell you if their cloned meat or not.

Lumine
January 23rd, 2008, 03:59 AM
Considering I'm going to be a vegetarian in 5 years, I don't really care as long as I get the necessary nutrients lulz.

Galla
January 23rd, 2008, 06:36 AM
*bites Mewtwo and chews thoughtfully* Hmmmm... not bad not bad... uhm... *gags and spits it out* YUCK! *mumbles something about Mew being tastier*

^ --- Okay, so that was just a spur-of-the-moment thing that popped into my head the moment I heard of cloned meat. If I didn't know it was cloned, I'd probably be okay with it. Otherwise, I swear that I'd be plagued w/images of Mewtwo BBQ or something as back when I was 10 I first learned of cloning thanks to Mewtwo. :P It's still meat, it's food, and whatever's in the college dining halls is probably more disgusting than cloned meat anyways.

...unless it obviously resembles a Mewtwo, which it obviously doesn't.

(Once again sorry for the bad humor but can't get it out of my head!)

Cosmic Tyrant
January 23rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
I agree. Remember, what you don't know can't hurt you. I am a very carnivorous person, so I'd eat it. I might feel a bit strange, but I'd eat it. Seeing as how the meat is physically stable, nothing should be wrong with eating it. If one were to get sick off of cloned meat, chances are it's coincidence. Who knows, it may even be psychological o.O

Jaimes
January 23rd, 2008, 01:04 PM
Random musings: Looking at the results of this thread, the majority who voted have said No - the majority who posted said Yes.

I'm wondering whether how well people are educated about cloning has an effect on this poll, since silly responses such as 'I'd feel sick', 'It's artificial' etc vote no.