PDA

View Full Version : Evanescence.

Cherrim
October 15th, 2003, 02:47 PM
^_______________________^ I'm going to their Toronto concert on December 14th!!!!!!!!!!

Er... yeah. Now that that's out of the way... XD;; What do you guys think of Evanescence? I personally love all of their music. @_@ It's so... interesting. And original. It's not like all the other stuff out there. ^_^;

What about you guys?

Kayleigh
October 15th, 2003, 03:01 PM
Ooh, you're lucky that you get to go to their concert! T-T Anyways, I like them! My favorite song of theirs is 'Bring Me To Life'. It sounds sooo cool. o.o I just watched DareDevil last night and saw the music video.

PokeTrainerCarol
October 15th, 2003, 05:55 PM
YOU'RE SO LUCKY LOL! Good for you! ^_^
I'm huge fan of Evanescence...they're my 2nd fav band! (Linkin Park 1st...for those who didn't know already x_x)
lol a few months ago (I forgot, how am I to remember?) they played in city VERY close where I live. Evanescence was everything I thought about that night...:( of course I didn't go, would my parents even take me? -_-

I'm trying to learn how to play "My Immortal" on the piano, it's such a pretty song! "Hello" too. ^_^ I don't have the album though, and I'll probably never get it...with my modern rock hating father there's a very low chance I'll ever get it... >_> ^_^ (It took one week of constant begging so he got sick of it and bought Meteora for me :P)

I think their new single will be "My Immortal". Yay! All of their songs are so cool but I've only heard ones in the Fallen album, I have no idea about that "Origin" one... >_>

and Ms. Amy Lee is soo cool...she's a real female rock star, way to go! *ha ha ha Avril ha ha ha Lavigne ha ha ha*

John Denver
October 17th, 2003, 07:02 AM
I was just listening to their song on Winamp....for some reason, Back to Life is the only I like...

*listens to every Creed song and loves em*

BOO ya!

Greed
October 18th, 2003, 05:08 PM
I luv Evanescence sooo much! Amy has such a beautiful voice ^^ I like her "Going Under" song, I think it's the best. Good for ya, lightning. I'm burning with jealousy, hun >.<;;

*gets killed by Amy*

~CaRtOON

DragonTrainer
October 18th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Get away from here!!!!!!!I'm sick of you spam posts, so go away.We don't want you to infest this great site with your crap.

Timbjerr
October 19th, 2003, 06:51 PM
lol...looking back at this thread with the spammer's post deleted, it makes DragonTrainer look like the real spammer, either that or possessed by a spamming ghost...

anyways, I only heard of two evanescence songs...(only on the radio, I have something against CDs so I don't buy them)...I like "Bring me to life" better than "Going Under" tho...

John Denver
October 20th, 2003, 07:32 AM
Dragontrainer was serious? Oh, I thought he was quoting something from an Evanescense song...hmm

BOO ya!

Cherrim
October 23rd, 2003, 05:17 PM
oO;; I'd like to meet a band whose songs contain lyrics like that, lol.

tmbjr > I don't buy CDs either. @_@ They're $20 (Canadian) and I don't have the money to spare. I burn them. XP

PokeTrainerCarol
October 23rd, 2003, 05:59 PM
LOL @ Dakota

I really can't picture Ms. Amy Lee saying that lol...

I have around $60 dollars (USA!) but I won't use them...I have this bad habit of NEVER using my allowance til my parents make me :P I don't think I'll ever get their album Fallen, I heard all songs anyway...^^

But Evanescence is good band :)

Cherrim
October 26th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Just keep saving your money. Then when you're a teenager, you'll have 100s of dollars and you can buy whatever you want. o_O;; Trust me, you'll thank yourself later. XD;; rofl.

Buritos
October 26th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Ugh...Evanesence..Terrible

PokeTrainerCarol
October 29th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Nooo...Evanescence isn't terrible...oh well, everyone has different tastes on music I guess ^_^

Just keep saving your money. Then when you're a teenager, you'll have 100s of dollars and you can buy whatever you want. o_O;; Trust me, you'll thank yourself later. XD;; rofl.

XD okay. I'll follow your advice. Yay!
LOL

Buritos
October 30th, 2003, 04:12 AM
Nooo...Evanescence isn't terrible...oh well, everyone has different tastes on music I guess ^_^

That's very true..but I like almost all kinds of music,and Evanesence,IMO are just another teenie bopper band that'll be gone and forgotten in 6 months..IMO!

Cherrim
October 30th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Teenie bopper? o_O They don't sound like Hanson and those other "teenie boppers" did. Secondly, they have a much more gothic rock sound to them. Their songs aren't exactly child-oriented, either. XD "Tourniquet" is about commiting suicide, "My Last Breath" is also about death, and "Taking Over Me" seems to be about being obsessed with someone. o_O;

PokeTrainerCarol
October 31st, 2003, 03:25 PM
That's very true..but I like almost all kinds of music,and Evanesence,IMO are just another teenie bopper band that'll be gone and forgotten in 6 months..IMO!
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but, what is a teenie bopper? x_x

Zento
November 1st, 2003, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but, what is a teenie bopper? x_x

Teenie-bopper is I'm guessin' what's 'in' for teens. I always pictured teenie-bopper was like Britney Spears, but I dunno. I'm not clear on the meaning myself. x.x

I like Evanesence. ^_^ I'm infatuated with Amy Lee's voice. It's gorgeous. The lyrics to most of their songs are really pretty to I think.

Cherrim
November 1st, 2003, 07:14 PM
I've always thought of it as the nice pop stuff like Britney Spears, BSB, N*SYNC, etc... oO; Since the name sounds so cutesy and stuff.

PokeTrainerCarol
November 1st, 2003, 07:48 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...okay...

I don't think Evanescence is a teenie bopper at all >_> their music is very deep and dark and and and and...it's not "Oh baby baby, how was I supposed to know...that something wasn't right...Oh baby baby, I shouldn't have let you go" like...not at all...it has some meaning. *nods* ^_^

Buritos
November 7th, 2003, 12:03 PM
They don't even scratch the surface of dark or gothic.I'm not a goth but i like black/thrash/death/local metal...Now theres dark stuff..I like other stuff besides metal tho

PokeTrainerCarol
November 7th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Alright :) Everyone has different tastes on everything...I've learned that by now o_o I'm not really looking for dark music or anything...just something with a sound I like :) so I think Evanescence is cool and...I guess that's it XD

....What's a goth? (I must be sounding dumb by now >_>)

I don't know, I could list the music I like and sound completely strange...Linkin Park, Evanescence, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Trapt, Alanis Morissette, Christina Aguilera, Shakira, Selena(mostly her English stuff, I'm not much in cumbia and so on...despite I'm Hispanic XD actually I don't like it)... X_x I also like some Britney Spears stuff o_o

If Evanescence were gone and forgotten in 6 months wouldn't that be like record time for a band that disappear? I'd be funny! They got a hit single, then bam XD Not I hope it happens though o_o

Geometric-sama
November 8th, 2003, 03:28 AM
Aww... the only one I've heard is "Going Under", it's been on the radio a lot lately. It's not too bad, I prefer Good Charlotte though.

PokeTrainerCarol
November 8th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Evanescence Lead Guitarist Leaves Tour (http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=215274)

Weird weird weird...I don't get it. x_x Why would he leave?
Evanescence Video Offers Clues To Guitarist Exit (http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=215331)
x_X

Greed
November 11th, 2003, 02:20 PM
*Looks around* Where's the spammer DragonTrainer's ticked off at?! Where? Where?

Anyways, I just downloaded some great pics of her from kazaa ^.^ Yay! Evanescence rocks!

Hey, Lightning, how much did those tickets cost? O.o;; btw, how are you going to toronto? Do u have to pay for that trip too? o.o;;

I want some Evanescence tickets....

*gets runned over*

~CaRtOON

Kairi
November 11th, 2003, 02:27 PM
All his posts were deleted...that is why I say not to yell at them. Confusing later on.

I think she lives close to there? I know she lives in Canada.

Cherrim
November 11th, 2003, 03:56 PM
The tickets were $100 (Canadian) for 2, so about $50 each with taxes and everything. Ticketmaster can really lay down the charges since they were advertised for $27.50 or something like that. XD

Btw, I live in Toronto, so I'm hoping it won't be much of a problem to get there. XD

Greed
November 12th, 2003, 12:59 PM
The tickets were $100 (Canadian) for 2, so about $50 each with taxes and everything. Ticketmaster can really lay down the charges since they were advertised for $27.50 or something like that. XD

Btw, I live in Toronto, so I'm hoping it won't be much of a problem to get there. XD

Aww, man.. Lucky gurl.. >.<;; Geem I wasn't expecting it to cost that much.. O.o;;

BTW, I heard Amy Lee's zodiac sign is Saggitarius, so hey! That means Carol and Lightning will be her perfect friend! *since sag and aries are both fire types*

~CaRtOON

unhappy pineapple
November 13th, 2003, 05:26 PM
I don't like Evanescence. Everyone thinks they are original when really they are trying to rip off equally horrible bands who have the same kind of rap-rock element in their songs.

The lead singer seems very artificial to me.
But I'm still happy for you! :3 :3 :3 :3

Greed
November 14th, 2003, 03:20 PM
There's an insane guy?!?! Where?! Where?! *looks around*

Evanescence is rap/rock element? O.o;; How can rap be added to rock, I hear them, and they sound pretty much more like rock to me. ^^;

Awww, but Amy has a beautiful voice.. Doesn't she guys?

*gets killed by an crazy guy*

~CaRtOON

Geometric-sama
November 30th, 2003, 05:49 PM
I'm listening to "Bring Me To Life" on the radio right now, it's a fantastic song. Evanescence plays here in January, but I won't be allowed to see it (way too expensive and my family reckon the music I listen to is crap anyway). The new one - "My Immortal", is it? - is pretty good too.

Cherrim
December 1st, 2003, 03:17 PM
I would say Linkin Park is a great example of Rap/Rock. ^_^; Evanescence has some rapping, like in Bring Me to Life, although not all versions of it contain rapping. There isn't too much rapping on the CD that I can recall, though. o_o;

The thing I like about Amy's voice is how it's so pure. She doesn't have that weird sound like most singers do. You know, the one like with Christina Aguilera how her voice gets kinda... garbled. I have no idea how to explain it, obviously, but this girl on the bus in vocal arts sings Evanescence songs like that and she ruins it. ~_~

Geometric-sama
December 6th, 2003, 04:13 AM
There's a difference between versions? And I didn't notice any rap... I need to listen to it again, don't I?

punkie90
December 6th, 2003, 12:11 PM
LOL! This one girl i know named Kristina at my school went to one of those concerts! Wel.. See i don't know to much about evenscence! But i will beleve what u all say! But who is correct????

Geometric-sama
December 7th, 2003, 03:12 AM
OK, I found the rap. It was in the 3rd minute, which explains it. Whenever I start playing that song, my family yells at me to turn it off before it gets that far. I'd love to see Evanescence live. Apparently Nickelback (another favourite) are coming here next year too. I really want to see Linkin Park or Good Charlotte, but my parents would never let me go to any of that stuff.

Cherrim
December 19th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Well, I saw the concert on Sunday. :) It was amazing. For the first while I about about 20 feet from the stage. Seether was first. I really liked their cover of Nirvana's "Rape Me" (one of my favourite songs of all time XD). Then the lights went on again for about 20 minutes before Finger Eleven took the stage. They were really awesome because they kept thanking us for making their song "One Thing" the #1 song on the charts. They're Canadian, too, so it's all good. Once again the lights went on for about 30 minutes. At that time I moved back to the outer rim of the crowd because I was worried people might start pushing when Evanescence came on and I didn't wanna get stuck in the middle. X_x; Besides... a lot of people were smoking. ~_~ Finally, Evanescence hit the stage. Unfortunately, there was this row of tall people so I barely got to see Amy during the concert, but that didn't really matter. (I saw very clear pictures of her whenever the guy in front of me would hold up his digital camera. I love the screens on those things! XD) The best songs they played were Imaginary and Tourniquet. Then again, I may be biased since those also happen to be my two favourite songs. XD

Bleh.. that was a lot of fun. My next goal? Getting tickets to the Linkin Park concert in January and the Nickelback/Three Days Grace concert in February. XD

Yami NiCk
December 23rd, 2003, 12:57 AM
^_______________________^ I'm going to their Toronto concert on December 14th!!!!!!!!!!

Er... yeah. Now that that's out of the way... XD;; What do you guys think of Evanescence? I personally love all of their music. @_@ It's so... interesting. And original. It's not like all the other stuff out there. ^_^;

What about you guys?Evanescence is alright, something I can stand listening/watching, but if I were to pick, I'd rather rock-on to Disturbed.

Geometric-sama
December 25th, 2003, 04:38 AM
What really annoys me is the lack of underage shows. Two of my favourite bands, Evanescence and Blink 182, are touring here over the next three months, and since they aren't playing any underage gigs I can't go. It's sooooooo annoying.

Cherrim
December 25th, 2003, 09:24 AM
I can't stand that either. >_<;; A really good band will come here and they'll have age restrictions. ;_; It's really annoying. I find it kind of weird that the Blink 182 and Evanescence concerts were like that in your area... Blink stopped in Toronto for their Dollar Bill tour and it was an all-ages show... same with Evanescence (obviously or I wouldn't have gone >_>). =\ Weird how concerts can be so different in seperate places.

Kenny_C.002
December 25th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Man. People don't ever tell me these things these days. Michelle Branch at the Kool House on October 26, I knew on October 27. Evanescence on like last Sunday and I knew about it during Live @ Much on Saturday...

Sheesh, I know less about events in Toronto than people outside of Toronto. Shame on me. :P

Hey Lightning, you live in TO? I come from the suburban city of P-Town. lol

Now onto topic: Evanescence is amazing. I think the album version of "My Immortal" destoryed the radio version and pretty much every other song by Evanescence (IMO!). :P

Greed
December 25th, 2003, 01:26 PM
I listened to "My Inmortal" and trying to download it ^_^ Its very nice! ^-^ Did you get to take any pictures at the concert, Lightning? O_o; I'm still jealous ;_;

*gets killed by tickets*

Cherrim
December 25th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Hey Lightning, you live in TO? I come from the suburban city of P-Town. lol
=P I live just north of Toronto in the GTA. I listen to the Edge, so that's where I get all my concert info. XD;;

We actually weren't allowed to take cameras into the venue, so I didn't bring one. =\ They did drug/weapon (and possibly camera XD) checks before they let people in. I was wearing my cargo pants, though, and they never checked my big pockets. :O I could've brought my mom's digital camera. @_@;; I wish I'd gotten pictures. :\

Greed
December 28th, 2003, 04:50 PM
;_; Aww, man.. I hate it when some concerts don't let people with cameras in @_@ Some do allow cameras, but other places that do suck :p

That must have beenone heck of a time @_@ Was there any angry riots going crazy or sumthing? That's a danger of going to concerts sometimes.. People go too squee and push people around @_@

*gets killed by people*

Kenny_C.002
December 28th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Lightning, you live in North York? That place is sweet. :P

Anyway, the live of much was really cool, I thought it was just exceptional. The concert would probably (most likely) be better, tho.

Cherrim
December 29th, 2003, 09:11 AM
@_@ I don't get MuchMusic, so I missed out on that. (We have satellite and my dad wouldn't order the music channels. x_x') What exactly happened with that? Because Amy apologized midway through the concert saying something like, "About MuchMusic today... I'm not really that much of a geek". o_O;

Dizzy
December 30th, 2003, 03:00 PM
[ Pokecommunity Evanescence Fan Club ] (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=3460)

Heres a Parody of Going Under!

Now I will tell you what I've done in school
Fifty thousand tests I've tried,
Essays were okay and portrayals too
But I still don't write well
(Failing English)
Don't want your tutoring, I'll help myself
Pass a spelling test for once
Now littered with finals and mid-terms to boot
Just when I thought I'd go to college
I'm flunking again

I'm failing English
Drowning in words
I'm upstaged by freshmen
It's so absurd, oh
I'm failing English

People harass me
Surpass me by far
Cause I don't pass my tests
(Cause I don't pass my tests a whole lot)
Always confusing, I space off instead
So all my grades are hitting the floor
I'm flunking again

I'm failing English
Drowning in words
I'll be here forever
Got to leave highschool

So go on and teach
Teach to me
The proper way
To read and write, so I can
Graduate
I can't keep failing English

I'm flunking again
Still failing English
That's what I'm told
I've been here forever
I'm 30 years old
I'm still failing English

Kenny_C.002
December 30th, 2003, 08:56 PM
She just said she was a bit of a geek on the Live@Much thing. I forgot what question got her to say that, tho. :P

Geometric-sama
December 31st, 2003, 10:16 PM
=P I live just north of Toronto in the GTA. I listen to the Edge, so that's where I get all my concert info. XD;;

We actually weren't allowed to take cameras into the venue, so I didn't bring one. =\ They did drug/weapon (and possibly camera XD) checks before they let people in. I was wearing my cargo pants, though, and they never checked my big pockets. :O I could've brought my mom's digital camera. @_@;; I wish I'd gotten pictures. :\
Then how could you see the pics through the digicam? o_O XD (Yes I did read the rest of your post.)

Hmph, you all live in America so you get the good shows. Last band that did an underage show here was The Living End, which you probably haven't heard of.

sdp
January 11th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Not only is Evanescence a HUGE Lacuna Coil rip off,
Amy Lee lip syncs live too.

Geometric-sama
January 12th, 2004, 04:34 AM
Perhaps you don't feel the same way about Evanescence as we do, but you don't have to post things like that. It not only insults the band, but the rest of us who like Evanescence as well.

sdp
January 13th, 2004, 07:02 PM
It's not like I'm saying "EVNEEIANCENCE SUXs!!@!2!!1111"

They are a Lacuna Coil rip-off, there is no other way to say it. And Amy Lee does lip-sync on her shows.

Cherrim
January 14th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Maybe Evanescence was influenced by Lacuna Coil? Just because two bands have similarities doesn't mean one is a rip-off of the other. -_-; Lacuna Coil seems... heavier than Evanescence to me (although I've only heard a few of their songs), although I do see your point in that they sound alike.

I still prefer Evanescence over LC. =\

Aimy
January 14th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I like Evanescence a lot, I think it's my fav band at the moment, I like: Bring me back To Life, Going Under and My Immortal. Her other songs are ok...

Dizzy
January 14th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Then Maybe you should join our fan-club! http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=3460

22sa
January 18th, 2004, 05:12 PM
What really annoys me is the lack of underage shows. Two of my favourite bands, Evanescence and Blink 182, are touring here over the next three months, and since they aren't playing any underage gigs I can't go. It's sooooooo annoying.
They are two of my favourites too. Blink 182 is my favourite but their new album is kind of... Well I didn't like it like their past albums. O.o

Cherrim
January 18th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Blink 182 is great, but I do agree with you on their new album. The songs are too... different when compared to their other stuff. =\ Although I LOVE track 3. XD

This topic is kinda dying with the club going at the same time. Maybe we should just pick one or the other and discuss the band there?

Geometric-sama
January 23rd, 2004, 08:47 PM
The self-titled is the only Blink 182 album I've heard the whole of, although my friends tell me that "Cheshire Cat" was excellent. I really like "Feeling This", and my other favourite by them is "All the Small Things".