PDA

View Full Version : [Tool] Pokemon Editor Pro [BETA]

Darthatron
January 21st, 2008, 05:22 AM
Hey all, this is a pokemon editing program. This is merely a BETA, as I'm sure it has bugs. It also doesn't have an icon yet, 'cos I'm lazy. You understand. This was planned to be released a week ago but I've had personal issues that have been interfering with the time I've had to be programming. Anyway, here it is...

Please note, this only works with all the English Pokemon Advance Games!

Screenshot:
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2218/pepes0.png

Downloads: PokeCommunity.com (http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39190&stc=1&d=1202189081)
Darthatron.com (http://www.darthatron.com/pokemon/index.php?dir=Advance%20Gen/&file=Pokemon%20Editor%20Pro.zip)

Updated:

Now with the Ability to edit a Pokemon's EVs and Export the Pokemon List. :D Oh yeah, also it works with Ruby and Sapphire now!

Updated 2:

You can now change the offsets for the Battle-Sprite/Back-Sprite/Normal Palette/Shiny Palette/Menu Icon. I do think that is it. Next version will have the ability to change the Palette used for the Icon. :D

Updated 3:

Well due to popular demand I have added an Attack Table Editor, now I know this will be buggy as heck. So just post and bugs you might get. OK!?
Thanks to thethethethe for a short/easy to understand guide on hacking the Attack Tables! :D

Remember: BACK UP YOUR ROMS!!!!!!!

WaterSplash
January 22nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
Hey first post. Nice work, this will help a lot. :)

Swampert 22
January 22nd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Hey, glad to see you're back mate. This thread took ages to get accepted but I'm gald it's here now!

Another great tool bud! Well Done!

TB Pro
January 22nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Damn!
Thats a pretty friggin' nice program ya' got there!

+Sneasel™
January 22nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Well, i just tried it, and i'm very happy with it.
Its so easy to use (like all your tools), and even edits the little stuff like egg class!
You've outdone yourself again!

ShyRayq
January 22nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
man darthatron your'e tools are cool i'm useing every single one of them to hack firered
so i want to ask a question the numbers in the catch rate and exp are supposed to be that way yeh?
but does that like in exp does that mean that the smaller the number the more exp and on catch rate the smaller the number the easier to catch?

TB Pro
January 22nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
man darthatron your'e tools are cool i'm useing every single one of them to hack firered
so i want to ask a question the numbers in the catch rate and exp are supposed to be that way yeh?
but does that like in exp does that mean that the smaller the number the more exp and on catch rate the smaller the number the easier to catch?

I don't know about the Exp. but with the Catch rate,
The lower the harder to catch.
Like if you set the catch Rate to 0,
The POKEMON you set that to,
Would be un-catchable.

+Sneasel™
January 22nd, 2008, 02:23 PM
I think there needs to be an easier tool for adding D/P pokemon, the UNLZ way is hard for some people to get (especially me, i always mess up)
I'm posting it here because you seem to be the man at programing, but i know your making other programs right now.

TB Pro
January 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
I think there needs to be an easier tool for adding D/P pokemon, the UNLZ way is hard for some people to get (especially me, i always mess up)
I'm posting it here because you seem to be the man at programing, but i know your making other programs right now.

Yeah that would be Awesome!
Say if you ever get some free time,
You might want to look into that Darthatron.

shiny_metagross1
January 22nd, 2008, 03:05 PM
Hey i just want 2 say thanks i've got 3 of ur programs they are all so incredibly easy to use!
Thanks so much Darthatron!

trainmaster611
January 22nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
Very Cool. I found this very user friendly. The only problems were that you couldn't edit attacks and you can't edit evolution stuff. But I'm guessing you knew that already ;)

For now I can continue to use the PokeAmplifier for those things.

Binary
January 22nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Wow this is a neat tool,
Very simple and easy to use, but it could use some more commands.

~C3LEBI

Darthatron
January 22nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Wow, so many comments. D: Thanks guys!

Very Cool. I found this very user friendly. The only problems were that you couldn't edit attacks and you can't edit evolution stuff. But I'm guessing you knew that already ;)

For now I can continue to use the PokeAmplifier for those things.

I already have 2 programs that can do that, Attack Table Editor Pro and Evolution Editor Pro. Oh wait, ATEP isn't out yet. Uhh, forget I said anything.

Dragoon, the catch rate is how easy it is to catch the pokemon. 0 impossible and 255 being catch first shot. The Base Exp is the very minimum amount of experience that a pokemon can give at Lv. 1 (If Pidgey, for example, had a Base Exp of 255 and you killed one at level 1, then the minimum amount of Experience that you could get would be 255.), get it?

shane2243
January 23rd, 2008, 11:36 AM
would any of your tools work on a mac? because there seems to be none for a mac atm.

would be very much appreciated if you could work on a mac one =]

ShyRayq
January 23rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
hmmm okay but umm i saw Blissey had base exp of 35 and like Pidgey had 255 and isn't Blissey supposed to be more exp?
and i saw rayquaza with base catch rate like 30 and like Pidgey was like 255 i think so isn't Rayquaza's catch rate supposed to be higher?

destinedjagold
January 23rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
forgive me to ask, but everytime I try to open a ROM, it always gives me a Run-time error '13'... :\

Anywho, it's a great hacking program. :)

+Sneasel™
January 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
hmmm okay but umm i saw Blissey had base exp of 35 and like Pidgey had 255 and isn't Blissey supposed to be more exp?
and i saw rayquaza with base catch rate like 30 and like Pidgey was like 255 i think so isn't Rayquaza's catch rate supposed to be higher?

No, i think that means how much experience it grows from every battle, and pidgey is a first form, so it gains more.

and the lower the catch rate = the harder it is to catch.

TB Pro
January 23rd, 2008, 02:54 PM

Ok this is how it is.

Catch Rate:

Lower Catch Rate = Lower Chance of catching the Pokemon.
i.e. 0 catch rate = un-catchable.
Higher Catch Rate = Higher chance of catching the Pokemon.
i.e. 255 = Always catch

Exp. Rate:

Lower Exp. Rate = Less Exp. gained in battle.
i.e. 0 Exp Rate = Minimum of 0 Exp gained in battle.
Higher Exp. Rate = More Exp. gained in battle.
i.e. 255 Exp. Rate = Minimum of 255 Exp. gained in battle.

cooley
January 23rd, 2008, 05:07 PM
Darthatron, This Program is Awesome! I would like to know if you could add a "Change Attack" feature for each pokemon,
What I mean is Change what levels pokemon leran attacks and change what attacks they learn on that lvl.

EX. Pidgey: 5 Sand Attack, 9 Gust, 15 Quick attack

Would that be too hard to implement? Nah, I don't think so, but if you have time, could you do it?

King Gengar
January 23rd, 2008, 06:19 PM
I love this :D A unltimate Caterpie :D Woot thx

trainmaster611
January 23rd, 2008, 07:32 PM
Wow, so many comments. D: Thanks guys!

I already have 2 programs that can do that, Attack Table Editor Pro and Evolution Editor Pro. Oh wait, ATEP isn't out yet. Uhh, forget I said anything.

Cool. So just to clarify, would that edit the attacks the pokemon learn and what level they learn them or would it edit the attacks themselves? :)

Darthatron
January 23rd, 2008, 08:12 PM
It would edit the Attacks they learn, I already have a program that Edits attacks. I'm pretty sure it was the 2nd program I released this year.

ShyRayq
January 23rd, 2008, 08:14 PM
Ok this is how it is.

Catch Rate:

Lower Catch Rate = Lower Chance of catching the Pokemon.
i.e. 0 catch rate = un-catchable.
Higher Catch Rate = Higher chance of catching the Pokemon.
i.e. 255 = Always catch

Exp. Rate:

Lower Exp. Rate = Less Exp. gained in battle.
i.e. 0 Exp Rate = Minimum of 0 Exp gained in battle.
Higher Exp. Rate = More Exp. gained in battle.
i.e. 255 Exp. Rate = Minimum of 255 Exp. gained in battle.

hmmmm okay but still Blissey is supposed to have higher exp

Darthatron
January 23rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Dragoon, Pidgey doesn't really have 255 Base XP, I was just saying it as an example. Sorry for any confusion.

Deokishisu
January 24th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Darthatron, I really like your programs. They're easy to use and help alot. However, I think this one could include an attack editor. Not like editing an actual attack (you already have a program for that,) but editing what attacks a Pokemon learns and at what level they learn it. That would make this tool much more useful in my opinion. Good luck!

02magnus
January 24th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I can´t load my ROM in this program :(

Gerri Shin
January 24th, 2008, 10:05 AM
well according to Darthatron this only works for FRLG and Emerald. if your rom Is one of those than chances are you have a bad ROM or you got a bad downloadof the program.

+Sneasel™
January 24th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Darthatron, I really like your programs. They're easy to use and help alot. However, I think this one could include an attack editor. Not like editing an actual attack (you already have a program for that,) but editing what attacks a Pokemon learns and at what level they learn it. That would make this tool much more useful in my opinion. Good luck!

According to his other posts, hes making a new program for that.

Darthatron
January 25th, 2008, 05:17 AM
I can´t load my ROM in this program :(
Please note that it only works with FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald at the moment, until I can be bothered to get the offsets for Ruby/Sapphire.

On another note, don't expect any programs to be released within the next 3-4 days as I will be at the Beach on a well needed break from life. So, yeah... See you all in a few days! :)

Frostbite
January 25th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Very nice tool.

This'll be very useful for me because of the Safari Zone run chance... keep it up! :)

You think you can do a trainer editor similar to this? With some extra features like what kind of music plays for which battle...

DrDeath
January 25th, 2008, 09:52 AM
thanks, it's an awesome program.

The Virus
January 28th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Could you add an option to edit the sprite as well?

Darthatron
January 29th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Alright, I have finished the new version for PEP and I will upload now. It now gives you the Ability to edit a Pokemon's EVs! So, now it is basically the same as Amplifier! YAY FOR ME! It also gives you the ability to Export the List Of Pokemon Names for whatever reason you might want to.

Have fun, keep those PMs coming, you all have some pretty good ideas! :D

Edit: Updated again! Read First Post!

Pikachu™
January 31st, 2008, 11:37 AM
good program thanks! for making it

trainmaster611
January 31st, 2008, 07:01 PM
Alright, I have finished the new version for PEP and I will upload now. It now gives you the Ability to edit a Pokemon's EVs! So, now it is basically the same as Amplifier! YAY FOR ME! It also gives you the ability to Export the List Of Pokemon Names for whatever reason you might want to.

Have fun, keep those PMs coming, you all have some pretty good ideas! :D

Edit: Updated again! Read First Post!

Will like I said before, you should have the option to edit a pokemon's learnable attacks.

Thrace
February 2nd, 2008, 02:37 PM
The second update is awesome! Thanks so much! It's gonna make inserting new Pokemon alot easier.

thethethethe
February 2nd, 2008, 04:46 PM
I just noticed a little problem. Base XP should be Catch Rate, and Catch Rate should be Base XP, you mixed them up.

Darthatron
February 2nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
Oh really, I should fix that then. :P

CA_AB
February 3rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
You know how in the egg data section it has type1 and type2 what do all of the types mean? We need a list, please.

ArchsageX
February 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
I like your programs, they make Pokemon Hex Editing easy for a noob like me (I'm used to hacking Fire Emblem) I hope you release the Attack Table Editor Pro soon!

Darthatron
February 4th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Okay, added an Attack Table Editor, just debugging it. I will release later today or tomorrow, depending how bored I get. :)

Updated: Got lazy and didn't do much debugging. Deal with it! Just backup your ROM before you change anything. :)

Philman
February 6th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Wow, REALLY great program you've made there. Great great job!

I just have two questions... the number boxes right next to HP, ATTACK, DEFENSE, etc... what are they for? Most of them are on 0.

Also, you mentioned the ability to change evolution. Where is that?

Minun200
February 6th, 2008, 11:10 AM
A very good hacking tool beause now I can edit pokemon attacks clearly and easily. Thank! Well done! P.S. I'm now gonna make a really good hack... >.>

+Sneasel™
February 6th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Oh yeah! Darthatron has done it again! This time, you can edit the moves!
Way to go!!!

Best of luck on the item editor and the next programs Darthatron!!!

Darthatron
February 6th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Wow, REALLY great program you've made there. Great great job!

I just have two questions... the number boxes right next to HP, ATTACK, DEFENSE, etc... what are they for? Most of them are on 0.

Also, you mentioned the ability to change evolution. Where is that?

Those numbers are the EVs, or Effort Values. They are what you get when you defeat a pokemon in battle...

Example: When you defeat a Bulbasaur, who has 1 Special Attack EV, you gain 1 Special Attack EV. Every 4 EV's = 1 extra stat when you level up. So, defeating 4 Bulbasaur's and leveling up with give you an extra S. Attack stat. :D

That's as much as I can be bothered explaining, for a better explanation look it up on Google. :)

In the tool section look for the tool Evolution Editor Pro [EEP], that gives you the ability to edit a Pokemon's evolutions. :)
_________

@pachirisu200: Thanks, and good luck on your hack. :)

@itman1234: I'd have the Item Editor out already but it's pointless at the moment. I want to work out how to change what the item does first. ;)
In the tool section look for the tool Evolution Editor Pro [EEP], that gives you the ability to edit a Pokemon's evolutions. :)

Thrace
February 7th, 2008, 12:52 AM
You should make it so that you can Import the names as well, or is that covered in 'Import Poke Data'? It's just to make it easier for those people who want to De-Capitilize in their hacks. If you do include that then can you put it in Attack Editor and Item Editor as well? And just a small aesthetic thing; you should change the font in all your programs to Tahoma cos it is much easier on the eyes.

Darthatron
February 7th, 2008, 01:06 AM
That will be included in the Import Data. :) Also, I will have it in the Item Editor and I will probably add it into the Attack Editor. :D

I will more than likely be updating this weekend with the Import/Export features, so stay tuned! :D

TB Pro
February 8th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Man Darthatron,
You are the best!
You are completely a lifesaver man!
All of your tools are stupendous!

Hope all the programming goes well!

And thank you so much!

I'll be watching out for more tools from you!

Lupe
February 9th, 2008, 04:59 AM
is it possible for you to add the function of pokepic to it?

Darthatron
February 9th, 2008, 05:13 AM
is it possible for you to add the function of pokepic to it?

And what function is that?

D-Trogh
February 9th, 2008, 07:19 AM
And what function is that?Probably import/export sprites.. ^^

@trainer lupe: Just use unLZ-GBA ffs - -'

bobrulestheworld1324
February 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
it has a missing file can you upload that?

Thrace
February 9th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Try this http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39033&stc=1&d=1200318561

bobrulestheworld1324
February 10th, 2008, 07:02 AM
omg thank you very much it works fine now

wait never mind it booted then shut down saying one of the files i had is missing or invalid
=(

OK i got it it was because i accidentally deleted a file =p

man im a retard lol

Darthatron
February 10th, 2008, 07:52 PM
omg thank you very much it works fine now

wait never mind it booted then shut down saying one of the files i had is missing or invalid
=(

OK i got it it was because i accidentally deleted a file =p

man im a retard lol

You made me lol. :)

Ok, I'm going to try and make all my programs Vista Compatible, so if you have Vista can you PM me and do some testing? :D

mistersmeargle
February 11th, 2008, 12:42 PM
I downloaded those 'missing files' and it hasn't done anything for me.

bobrulestheworld1324
February 11th, 2008, 07:03 PM
all you need to do is put them in the files were the .exe is and run it. it was running perfectly

Django0
February 12th, 2008, 07:44 AM
great tool this one actually works on my computer lol and now make a text editor^^

mistersmeargle
February 12th, 2008, 12:19 PM
No offence to bob, but could someone explain that again properly with better grammar?

bobrulestheworld1324
February 12th, 2008, 02:45 PM
how would you need better grammer? i explained perfectly
everyone can understand

and i said that you need to put it were the .exe file is.

that so hard to understand?

Shadowstorm
February 12th, 2008, 06:53 PM
okay i just opened this, it looks like it has almost everything i need to edit the stats of a pokemon, now there is just one more thing that'd make this perfect for editing a pokemon, something related to the pokedex... main reason i am mentioning that is because i am using the 25 unused poke'slots and well, whenever you catch the bugger since it has no dex entry to point to the game freezes... at least in Emerald it does. So I was wondering if you might be able to make an attachment or a whole other program to edit what number in the dex the poke is, the entry, the size data, the footprint... and whatever else might be needed. I know that sounds like a lot but that'd be cool to see.

Epsilon
February 13th, 2008, 06:17 AM
When I insert my bas xp and catch rate they automaticly reverse,
is this supposed to happen?

Darthatron
February 13th, 2008, 04:17 PM
@Shadowstorm: I am actually trying to add Pokedex Editing but since there are no guides I have to do it from scratch, so it may take a while. :)

@Cronos: In short, no. I'll fix that bug and then update after I got some more Pokedex stuff. If it is that much of a problem PM me and I'll make a quick fix for you.

Shadowstorm
February 13th, 2008, 07:01 PM
That'll be cool to see, and I'll be more than patient, I still have to decide which sinnoh's I'm using in my hack of emerald and then i have to use greencharizard's insert pokes in empty slots method to get the images in, and then use your program at its current state to get the stats set, and since i have nasty Cisco Tests to take over the next few days, it'll take a while XD So I am more than patient :)

EvEv94
February 14th, 2008, 05:35 PM
This is a very nice program :] Thanks for making it.

tharding6
February 18th, 2008, 02:17 PM
nice little progam you got here dude! thanks

Darthatron
February 19th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Thanks, I like my program too. :) If anyone wants to be PM'd when I release a new version of PEP send me a PM with the Title "Mailing List" and then have what program you want to be PM'd for. :D

New version to be released this week sometime... If anyone knows the equation for the Value to Game (Value = Feet' Inches", or the Value = Weight lbs) then please PM me with it, I'm having trouble working it out. :( If you don't understand what that means you don't need to worry about it, so don't ask. :D

barca
February 20th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Hi, great tool, but I have a quick question... under the pokemon list there are some "?"... are those like free spaces to create new pokemon?

Swampert 22
February 20th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Hi, great tool, but I have a quick question... under the pokemon list there are some "?"... are those like free spaces to create new pokemon?

Yep they're blank spots. Type in a name and change all the information and you've got a new pokémon!

ExMaikel
February 20th, 2008, 08:52 AM
cool, gj, thx
im gonna try download it

Ovaria
February 21st, 2008, 07:30 AM
When I insert my bas xp and catch rate they automaticly reverse,
is this supposed to happen?
No it's not, but if you save the rom a second time, they reverse again :3

HackerZ hackerz
February 21st, 2008, 11:14 PM
Damn!
thats the best friggin program i've found since A-Map and A-Starter
your work is awesome man i've changed machop into MACHOPx2 and now his type is Fighting-Psychic

Darthatron
February 22nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Ok guys, from now on I'm going to release 2 different Versions of PEP, one will be for FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby and Sapphire. The other will be for Emerald. I'm doing this because the PokeDex Data is stored differently in Emerald to the other games (sometimes I hate Nintendo). I will be releasing a new version at about midday tomorrow (Australian Time), so in about 20 hours. :D

Here is a screenshot so you all know I'm not lying! :D
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6519/pepwithdexnb9.th.png (http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pepwithdexnb9.png)

Thrace
February 23rd, 2008, 01:14 AM
Sweet! I can't see a pointer editor though... or is it the thing in the description box?

pkmnmaster69
February 23rd, 2008, 02:48 AM
Yay the dex pointers is finally there now i could replace the empty slots.

Darthatron
February 23rd, 2008, 03:58 AM
Sadly, I haven't been able to work out how to repoint the Dex locations, so unless someone actually PM's me about how to repoint them I cannot add that. :( Right now you can still not add the Dex Information to the "??" Pokemon... :( I'm sorry.

EDIT: New version put on hold due to my niece uninstalling VisualBasic, after I install it again I will release. Now to find that god forsaken Install Disk...

Philman
February 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Take your time, man.

You've contributed more than enough for us idiots that are hex-losers and can't survive without amazing programs like yours ;)

ZodiacDaGreat
February 29th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Take your time, man.

You've contributed more than enough for us idiots that are hex-losers and can't survive without amazing programs like yours
True's up! Your tools make work easy, by the way when will you start with the programming of that trainer editing tool of yours???
Just curious...

CA_AB
February 29th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Yep they're blank spots. Type in a name and change all the information and you've got a new pokémon!

After you've done this how would you insert the sprite of your new pokemon?

Philman
February 29th, 2008, 03:02 PM
PokePic I presume... but I've never used it. So I don't know how to insert sprites.

CA_AB
February 29th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks but where can we get Pokepic?

Philman
February 29th, 2008, 03:31 PM
hmmm... I happen to have one. Maybe it can work if I just sent you the program. PM me for details! :)

CA_AB
February 29th, 2008, 04:11 PM
hmmm... I happen to have one. Maybe it can work if I just sent you the program. PM me for details! :)

Never mind. We already found it. Thanks anyway!

manutdrule
March 2nd, 2008, 11:02 PM
Darthatron can u make this tool more lower-resolution friendly plz? It seems like u can only fully view the window when ur desktop resolution is 1024*768 and above...

monceyT_T
March 3rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
how do u add more pokemon on Pokemon Editor Pro

PeregrinFig
March 4th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I want to use this program, but whenever I attempt to open it, an error pops up that says " Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered; a file is missing or invalid." Does anyone have a fix for this? Note: this also occurs when I try to use any of Drathatron's other programs, and PokeScript, so my hacking possibilities are limited because of it.

Dark_Master
March 11th, 2008, 12:00 PM
great program, but is there a program for editing the pokemon's in-battle sprites?

oh yea, and how do you add pokemon?

Wolves425
March 12th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I want to use this program, but whenever I attempt to open it, an error pops up that says " Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered; a file is missing or invalid." Does anyone have a fix for this? Note: this also occurs when I try to use any of Drathatron's other programs, and PokeScript, so my hacking possibilities are limited because of it.
The same thing is happening to me.

Kristian
March 12th, 2008, 07:13 AM
it means youre missing the file comdlg32.ocx..thats also maybe it says: "missing or invalid" -_-

Kenneth Alog
March 15th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Hey Dartharon why don't you put the missing files inside every zip of your program is it illegal?

Kristian
March 15th, 2008, 11:48 PM
there is not need..(i think)
just search google..and the first thing that'll pop-up is the download >_<

Kenneth Alog
March 16th, 2008, 12:29 AM
there is not need..(i think)
just search google..and the first thing that'll pop-up is the download >_<

Are this tools working on Windows vista
because i already have com3dlg.ocx and the others.
now I have limitedty on hacking

manutdrule
March 17th, 2008, 02:03 AM
should be yes since u already have those ocx files in ur system folder rite?...

Kenneth Alog
March 18th, 2008, 09:34 PM
should be yes since u already have those ocx files in ur system folder rite?...

i already have those but it still says desame.

Chris10237
March 21st, 2008, 09:07 AM
The zip file works, but when I click the actual program it says there was a run time error. What do I do?

Rokeriukas
March 22nd, 2008, 05:56 AM
This would be the ultimate tool if you could import and export pokemon data, because I see it isn't out yet XD.Anyways, nice work!

manutdrule
March 22nd, 2008, 10:33 PM
hey darthatron is the resolution bug fixed yet?

CA_AB
March 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM
how do u add more pokemon on Pokemon Editor Pro

great program, but is there a program for editing the pokemon's in-battle sprites?

oh yea, and how do you add pokemon?

You can add pokemon by scrolling down the list of pokemon until you see a bunch of ?s. Click on one and change the name to whatever you want it to be. Then just add all the data. You can just use Pokepic to edit the in-battle sprites.

xetan2
March 30th, 2008, 12:41 PM
hey, i'm new to the whole hacking pokemon games, hacking games in general, but i downloaded this program, the pokemon editor pro, and i tried to use it, and i got an error message saying
"Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

can someone help me with this please?

landus
April 4th, 2008, 09:06 PM
hey can some1 make a tutorial for this cause i cant work out some things on it
the main problem i have is that i duno how to save the pokemon which sucks because i am trying to make a pokemon like blazeakin and i cant because i have to swich back to see its stats

dw ill just save the rom i was thinking that there was a way just to save the pkm but it dont matter

Himochi Kouen
April 10th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Darthatron can u make this tool more lower-resolution friendly plz? It seems like u can only fully view the window when ur desktop resolution is 1024*768 and above...

I have the same problem! The farthest thing to the right of the screen is the attack list on my monitor, and there's no scroll bar in the window! T_T What do I dooooo? (My monitor is on its largest setting, so I can't fix THAT...)

KuwabaraTheMan
April 11th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I've been noticing a problem with this.

For many (not all, but quite a few) of the Pokemon, it keeps swapping their Base XP and Catchrates around. This is particularly annoying since it results in having Pokemon that are supposed to be easy start of game ones being near uncatchable even with red health, but giving tons of XP when you beat them.

I've tried fixing them by swapping the figures back, but the program always puts it right back to how it was before.

Amoeba
April 12th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I'm having a very strange problem with this.

Please note I've tested to see that my Fire Red is working just fine, so its not a broken Rom.

When I load this with Fire Red, many pokemon are missing from the list (many blank spaces), there is one called 'TERRY' and many others with random symbols for names, and all of the pokemon have the wrong types, attacks, etc. E.g. it said charmelion was Bug/bug type and its attack list was jumbled up with random moves and levels it just doesn't get. Egg types are buggy too, probably everything else as well.

However when I load Ruby or Sapphire it works just fine, all the attacks and types are as they shoudl be, with no blank spots, just the empty ???? slots that are meant to be there.

Any clues as to what might be going wrong? Is this even normal?

Hardy Har Har
April 13th, 2008, 08:14 PM
nice program darthatron i changed articuno's gender into "0% male 100%female" in my rom hack and it worked!!! thanks a lot

Hardy Har Har
April 13th, 2008, 09:01 PM
anyway, please try this...

Ahegil
April 18th, 2008, 10:30 AM
tnx nice tool keep up the good work ^_^

bperson93
April 21st, 2008, 05:13 PM
Please help.....it just says "path not found" so it wont work

danoftheworld
April 25th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Help?!
A select few of the programmes i'm downloading are messing up. I click the .exe file and I get some sort of code!!! For this file I got 'Component 'Comdlg.ocx' or one of it's dependencies is missing'. Say wah?!
Why is it only happening to me?

Amonitas
May 1st, 2008, 10:42 AM
This program made my life so much easier, I have not yet found any bugs from it.

Satoshi-Ash
May 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
Isn't this basically the same as YAPE though? That's what I use to edit Pokemon.

Mitchman
May 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Dude I really like this but i am sorry to say this but this got raped by yape. No pun intended and jokes aside its better and can do dex entries if you can make this with that and more mabye I will get into this again. Mabye. Until then What can I say.

Darthatron
May 2nd, 2008, 08:39 PM
Dude I really like this but i am sorry to say this but this got raped by yape. No pun intended and jokes aside its better and can do dex entries if you can make this with that and more mabye I will get into this again. Mabye. Until then What can I say.

With YAPE out there is really no point for me to continue this. Plus I've moved onto D/P Hacking now.

Mitchman
May 3rd, 2008, 12:44 AM
Oh sorry if I got you angry/sad. But true D/P hacking is in your site now and nothig can stop it.

Satoshi-Ash
May 3rd, 2008, 01:06 AM
I see. But I'm sure this was useful and popular in it's lifespan.

silver314
May 3rd, 2008, 02:34 AM
Darthatron,

I just wanted to say thanks. Pokémon Editor Pro was the main tool I used for Pokémon editing before getting involved in writing my own. I still use some of your other tools (attack editor, tm editor, etc.) as needed and you've done a good job of keeping all of them simple and easy to use.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you put together for D/P. Perhaps PEP could be used as a starting point for a new 4th gen Pokémon editor?

Thanks Again
--Silver314

Darthatron
May 5th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Darthatron,

I just wanted to say thanks. Pokémon Editor Pro was the main tool I used for Pokémon editing before getting involved in writing my own. I still use some of your other tools (attack editor, tm editor, etc.) as needed and you've done a good job of keeping all of them simple and easy to use.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you put together for D/P. Perhaps PEP could be used as a starting point for a new 4th gen Pokémon editor?

Thanks Again
--Silver314

Thanks for the kind words. Although now I'm dying to know what you edited out...

It would have been the base for a D/P Editor, however I lost all my sources when I moved house. Now I'm just making all my D/P Editors from scratch.

MugenPlaya
May 17th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Wow. It looks helpful. Thanks!

Platinum Lucario
May 19th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks, this is really helpful. Now I can edit the Pokémon.

dragonarche
May 19th, 2008, 04:12 AM
nice good tool darthron
i realy like this tool realy healp full

gabe_k
May 19th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Message deleted. There was a reason you were banned mike.

[HoN] Jereziah
May 20th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Great tool Darthatron...........You rock man

Elite_Blitz
June 25th, 2008, 03:48 PM
dude your programs rock they really help me TY!

Ninja Caterpie
July 4th, 2008, 12:42 AM
This is pretty darn awesome.
Except I get runtime error 76 "Path not found"
xD?

poddish
July 14th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Nice tool.
For my hack I edited one of the ?s for a new pokemon that looks like magikarp but is much more powerful.

Busted 101
July 15th, 2008, 07:31 AM
The Pokemon Editor Pro is a little to big so I can only see Chan..or Inse...at the right hand side.
How do I fix this?

acenima
July 17th, 2008, 07:22 PM
wow this looks juicy! im gonna try it

dakota12369
July 27th, 2008, 06:14 PM
none of these work for winrar

geohoundz55
July 27th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I've downloaded it,. and now I;m using it.

nightmaretheclown
July 29th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Hay thanks this really works and i thank you for making you and you rock

robie392
July 31st, 2008, 03:33 AM
This is the best program every, it helps out alot when your adding pokemon.

Mōnštȝr¿
September 6th, 2008, 01:32 PM
This is a great easy to use tool good job ^^

Raging_Lugia
September 7th, 2008, 02:23 AM
should have made these for diamond and pearl

Blazichu
September 7th, 2008, 04:13 AM
should have made these for diamond and pearl

He doesn't have to make them for Diamond/Pearl if he doesn't want to.

Also no need to revive month old threads.

*Locks*