PDA

View Full Version : Most Depressing Day Of The Year!

Olz.
January 21st, 2008, 09:37 AM
Scieneists (spelling) beleive that Janurary 21st Is most most depressing day of the year. Today is Also Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

I got this information from the Time (In partnership with CNN)

There's a lot to feel down about this month: the subprime mortgage crisis, stormy, unpredictable weather, rising gas prices, presidential primary free-for-alls. So, it would be easy to believe the theory set forth by Dr. Cliff Arnall, a researcher from Cardiff University, that the third Monday of the month (Jan. 21, this year) — a day he calls Blue Monday — will be our most depressing day of the year. Arnall bases his yearly prediction on a formula he developed, which factors in the weather, consumer debt from holiday spending and failed New Year's resolutions and arrives at that conclusion that we'll hit rock bottom on
Monday the 21st. Aside from the fact that Arnall's theory has been discounted by many in the academic community, I've got a better way of finding the true nadir of depression: Look to our search behavior.

What do you think, Have you been depressed today?

PS: Sorry if this offends anybody.

Ausaudriel
January 21st, 2008, 09:40 AM
Oddly, I've been feeling pretty down today. Maybe there's something to this, after all.

Olz.
January 21st, 2008, 09:43 AM
Yea, me too. My mates starting Insulting me.. And my sister seems given more bit......Anoying then usual.

Cassino
January 21st, 2008, 09:52 AM
Today's been fine for me, if not better than most Mondays.

Chibi-chan
January 21st, 2008, 10:38 AM
I'm recovering over a cold and I don't have any homework to finish.
I'm having a good day.

Devil_Silver
January 21st, 2008, 10:41 AM
Had a pretty blue day, yeah.
Sick, bored, and lots and lots of homework to finish.
Tomorrow will be a pretty stressy day.

Soul Eater
January 21st, 2008, 10:47 AM
I had the day off today. It's all good for me. :D I dont get homework anymore but I am really bored.

The only bad thing about today is that nobody is on my MSN. D:

Vanilla Kitsune
January 21st, 2008, 10:51 AM
It's been an okay day for me. Someone decided not to be my friend for no reason what-so-ever, but other than that, I'm good. :3

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
January 21st, 2008, 10:55 AM
Technically today is considered by that fella the most depressing day because of economic and political aspects of the moment, more like a statistic-- it's neither like you're gonna wake up depressed, or if you're feeling down it has to be because of it.

Well, maybe it could be, if you have unpaid holiday spending debts, failed new year resolutions and school mabye.But aren't we all down on January(school, precisely Xmas bills)? Do we always enjoy mondays?

I'm the happiest person alive at the moment, and no, there's no specific reason whatsoever.

I'm not gonna blame our lack of Lucky Charms, my sister's ogre mood or my lost flip-flops on a "Blue Monday".

Lash
January 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM
I usually don't enjoy Mondays because of school. But today is the exact opposite since it is off from school. So far there has been nothing that puts me in a bad mood, other than my air flipping out on top ;_;
Other than that, this 21st is a real cheery day.

Cherrim
January 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
I've actually been depressed for the last week, with it being pretty bad over the weekend. By comparison, today's actually not too bad. XD; Mind you, I spent the whole day at home sleeping and then playing video games so... not much to be depressed about. oO;

PB
January 21st, 2008, 11:50 AM
I have a lot of school work but thats nothing new, I'm ill which doesnt feel fantastic. But I think that a day is only depressing if you let it be depressing.

~Crystal Entei~
January 21st, 2008, 11:58 AM
I haven't been depressed,more like pissed.I've been cursing at my game a little more than usual.Especially at that Shellos that broke my chain of 33.(that's pretty long for me since I suck at chaining so much)

Sammi
January 21st, 2008, 12:06 PM
I'm not depressed for any of those reasons. Must be because I don't have much to worry about. I can't buy a house nor do I have a credit card, so all of my x-mas stuff was bought with cash. Even the debt I do have can be conquered with a bit of time. The market does worry me, but it's not something I think about all the time. I don't have real New Years Resolutions. I've also just woken up, too, so there isn't much I've done yet. XD

I've been getting better, actually. Last week was a little hard because I still had to sort out my classes, and I spent a lot of time worrying. I'm finally in them starting tomorrow.

MUSION
January 21st, 2008, 12:13 PM
Today's been pretty good for me, we didn't have any work in my only lesson, Psychology. All we did was hear the teacher moan at everyone because only 2 people in the class passed the test we did before christmas (I was 1 of those 2).

My bro has been banned from the comp for getting in trouble at school, so I have more comp time today aswell!

ClassicRockFan
January 21st, 2008, 12:14 PM
I have actually felt better today and the days before. I haven't had much homework and I have been making good grades.

Went
January 21st, 2008, 01:09 PM
Wait- I heard in the news that the most depressing day was next Thursday, 24th.
Oh, well, it has been a pretty decent day for me. I haven't even got homework, and that something really strange in year 12.
But the stock market has had the worst day in the decade, though.

Sorano
January 21st, 2008, 01:23 PM
My math teacher was talking about this today. First time I've heard of it.

I've actually had a pretty good day. o_o I didn't have much work to do at school, so it was pretty easy. I've been pretty tired, though. But I can't blame it on a "Blue Monday" because I was up late last night working on homework. >; And my cough has been really bad, but I've been sick for 4 weeks now so I can't blame it on that either.

Warheart
January 21st, 2008, 01:29 PM
I woke up just now at 3:30, i have a massive hangover, no one in my house is home, I broke a guitar string, it's clouded and foggy outside, and none of my friends want to do anything today.

Life is good :]

Aegis
January 21st, 2008, 04:24 PM
I've been a little down, but not for any of those reasons. It's just been from stuff building up over a while.

To be honest, I had forgotten that it was MLK Day until my brother mentioned it ^_^; It's not that I don't care about it, it's just I thought it was a lot earlier in the month.

Ayano Katagiri
January 21st, 2008, 04:32 PM
Yesterday was a little bit more depressing than usual. Mainly because of the weather being extremely humid and the day being reasonably boring.

Otherwise, it was just a normal Monday. O.o

Steelix8
January 21st, 2008, 04:41 PM
I got in trouble for falling grades today...but otherwise a pretty good day, I saw Cloverfield (BEAST MOVIE!!!!!).

kidpunk
January 21st, 2008, 04:45 PM
I'm had a bad day today, only because it was knowing that i had school tomorrow after a 5 day break (had off today and then was sick thursday and friday).

Saryka
January 21st, 2008, 06:31 PM
This day just happens to be right before exams, so yeah, I'm not in the best of moods. But I'm not completely down either.

Merzbau
January 21st, 2008, 07:54 PM
They're lying.
Today is one of the best days I've had in about the last two months.
Love is back into my life.

The Infinite Devil Machine
January 21st, 2008, 09:51 PM
An incredibly...so-so day. On one hand, I slept in, missed my first class and had to rush to get to second period on time. On the other, my trig teacher never showed up today, so we basically had a free period. So..yeah. >_<

!gnition
January 21st, 2008, 10:29 PM
I think the most depressing day for me is the day right after Summer Break when we return back to school :disappoin

As for MLK Day being the most depressing, it doesn't make any sense really. Kids get the day off from school, and it's a historically significant holiday for African Americans o.oa

badgerskunk
January 23rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
As for MLK Day being the most depressing, it doesn't make any sense really. Kids get the day off from school, and it's a historically significant holiday for African Americans o.oa

MLK is depressing for some people because they don't think he was a real hero, I am not racist but I have to admit people are entitled to their opinions...;)