PDA

View Full Version : New Pokemon....Artwork!

Shadow
July 9th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Recently, Ken Sugimori redid the official artwork for the first 151 Pokemon (and a few Johto ones such as Hoothoot, Espeon, and Sneasel) for the release of FR/LG.

You can view them here:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/index.html (click on the Pokedex button that says "check")

My favorites of the new artwork are Meowth, Nidoking, Sandslash, and Sneasel.

Timbjerr
July 9th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I thought this was a htread where you saw artwork of mew pokmon. XD

those are all pretty cool, and if I could read kanji, I could go straight to the pokmon I"m interested in looking at instead of having to keep scrolling to keep my point of reference...

Iveechan
July 10th, 2004, 01:15 PM
I wish the pics were bigger. The new Hitmonchan and Machoke look GREAT.

Flaming Torchic
July 10th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I have been aware of this for a while. Oh well, it's good to see it being posted on PC. ^^; I really like the artwork for Squirtle. Not only is his head pixed to look better, but so is his shell, stomach, and everything else! Ken Sugimori did an excellent job. =)

Shukuen Shinobi
July 11th, 2004, 07:05 PM
I always loved Ken-san's drawings. I recognize most of them off the cards. You can always tell if a card art was by Sugimori or not. ^^

Does anyone else think Mewtwo should have his cloak thingy he had in Mewtwo Returns? I think that cloak made him look awesome. lol.

These new pictures are awesome. Great Work Sugimori-sama! ^-^

Hiroshi Sotomura
July 12th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Sugi's new art is kawaii! ^_^;

tmbjr, it's Katakana, not Kanji.

Kayleigh
July 12th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Wow, I really like those new drawings. Ken Sugimori did an excellent job, like always. He's one of my favorite artists!

And yeah, I liked Mewtwo with that cloak on, too! ^_^ I first saw it on Jirachi: Wish Maker. He looks a lot cooler with it on.

TRIFORCE89
July 12th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Charmander looks so cute and happy. *is too lazy to look at all of them, stopped after Pidgey.*

Shukuen Shinobi
July 12th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Wow, I really like those new drawings. Ken Sugimori did an excellent job, like always. He's one of my favorite artists!

And yeah, I liked Mewtwo with that cloak on, too! ^_^ I first saw it on Jirachi: Wish Maker. He looks a lot cooler with it on.

Nice to know someone agrees with me on the cloak thingy, I'd love to catch a Mewtwo in the game with that cloak on...