PDA

View Full Version : PMs...

Cassino
January 21st, 2008, 04:12 PM
I've just cleaned out my PMs (private messages, in case there's anyone here new to the acronym) and it came to mind... how often do other people clear their PMs out?

So yes, how often do you clear out PMs?

Me, I've only done it just now for the first time ever... and look at my join date. xD
Then, if you like, compare it to the number of posts, I have been inactive, lol.

Avey
January 21st, 2008, 04:14 PM
About once a week. My PM box is always full.

Ayano Katagiri
January 21st, 2008, 04:42 PM
I only start deleting old PMs when the Inbox is full. I never completely empty it though, there are some PMs I'd rather keep, so I just delete enough (mainly Sent Items ones) to have room to receive more.

kidpunk
January 21st, 2008, 04:53 PM
I've only been here for 4 days and i've already emptied my inbox twice. WOW. Just WOW.

Soul Eater
January 21st, 2008, 05:10 PM
I dont normally clean out my PM box since most of my PMs are from my boyfriend. I dont get enough PMs to really care if it gets too full.

Sammi
January 21st, 2008, 05:22 PM
These days, I only clean it when it's full.

My inbox limit is 1000. :D

I used to clean it out when it bothered me, no matter my PM limit -- this was more back in the days when I was mod. One day, someone challenged me to fill my inbox. I cleared it once or twice because I thought I was going to leave, but I finally did it! I was so excited :DD And now I'm trying it again. I'm over halfway done! Yay!

Midnight Beat
January 21st, 2008, 05:34 PM
Most weeks 3-4 times. But now that I have a 500 PM inbox, that'll slow down.

Lumine
January 21st, 2008, 05:52 PM
Once every week I guess, I get lots of site advertisement and battle request (which I tend to ignore these days) from other members -__-

Anti
January 21st, 2008, 05:54 PM
I kind of procrastinate on it lol

I talk with a lot of different people that I know well about random stuff, and my box fills fast. Then I also get random questions or people seeking advice (oh, don't forget hate mail!) which clutters up my box fast.

So yeah, I generally keep it in the 100-150 range, but every now and again I'll totally empty it. so I'd say every 2-3 weeks or so, but I also clean it out as they come...it depends lol

Sceptile837
January 21st, 2008, 06:45 PM
I have like 2 PMs, so basically I went with never x.x
I don't talk all that much or to a lotta people on here, just cause I'm pretty quiet on here.

Azonic
January 21st, 2008, 07:02 PM
It depends. Usually its a week but sometimes its only three days. So I checked a week. ._.;

Simplicity
January 21st, 2008, 07:38 PM
I clear it every day. This is mainly because I like to keep organised and up to date. XD

diamondpearl876
January 21st, 2008, 07:41 PM
I only clear it if mine gets close to full.

I refuse to delete some PMs, though.

Kyoko
January 21st, 2008, 07:46 PM
I clear out my pm box once I have like, 149 of them. I love my pm's and a lot of them are really funny so I can't just delete them </3 So I only clear them out when I have to.

Dr.Stiles
January 21st, 2008, 07:47 PM
I clear them out whenever my box gets full.
which rarely happens T.T

Tangerine Fox
January 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM
I clean mine out all the time; having a lot of PMs bothers me for some reason. I only have kept one on PC right now. I keep important things or current conversations for a little while, but they're deleted as soon as they loose importance. It's a mild for of OCD, I swear. (I'm like this with all my PMs...bookmarks and computer files, too.) XD;

Idiot!
January 22nd, 2008, 01:20 AM
I only clear SPAM PMs. Other than that, I've never clean out my inbox.

Pikabloo
January 22nd, 2008, 01:42 AM
I never completely clear out anything. I only delete some PMs when my inbox gets close to being full. Other than that, I just leave it as it is. Also, I don't just delete all the old ones. Because I'm too lazy to click on the 'next page' button in my inbox, most of the things I delete are messages that are on the first page. Actually, I still have PMs that I got two years ago, that I haven't bothered to delete >.>

Razer302
January 22nd, 2008, 02:09 AM
I never fully empty it. There are PMs on there I want to keep. I clean it when ever I am bored. I have never had a full inbox.

Amoeba
January 22nd, 2008, 02:10 AM
As they come. But I never get any PMs anyway.

Binary
January 22nd, 2008, 07:21 AM
About once in a month!
I'm to lazy, can't be bothered to clear it unless its full XD

~c3lebi

Olz.
January 22nd, 2008, 07:34 AM
Every day. I post so much on PM's i get 150 in a snap >.<

Tr@ce
January 22nd, 2008, 07:37 AM
I clear it out when it gets almost too full.

msdmario
January 22nd, 2008, 07:38 AM
I clear my PM box at random times. I don't get enough PMs anymore like I used to since I'm not active in the Wireless Trade Center forum. I got plenty of PMs there over the summer break.

When I do get a full inbox, I clear my Sent messages first and then my inbox when it gets full. My sent box only has like 7 messages so far while my inbox has 8 times as much.

PB
January 22nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
I clear out my PMs every time my box gets around 90% full.

It depends when that it because It depends on who PMs me and if we have a big conversation.

Warheart
January 22nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
I usually wait until it reaches 100%..'cause i'm cool like that <_<

I used to have to clear it out like, every 2 days, but lately i haven't been getting as many PMs anymore. Wtf you guys T_T

destinedjagold
January 22nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Depends on the flow of time, though.
When one of my friends sees my online, I get infected by a PM Virus! :D

Anyways, my average received PM's in a day is 9. ;)

Drakorn
January 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
I have just done it now, however I do mine when my PM box hasn't had PMs for a few days.

#Gecko#
January 22nd, 2008, 05:00 PM
I don't receive much PM here, but at Sppf I never clean it (except sent items) even though I receive quite a few there.

Virtual Headache
January 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
Whenever my PM box is full.
I hardly ever get PMs (though I get some advertisment PMs every now and then) and I tihnk I only had to clean it out a little once.
Now my PM box is 92% full, so I'll have to soon, but I just hate deleting stuff ;;

Wish
January 22nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
I don't clear out my PMs until it is 100% full. Yes, I mean 100% full. I don't get PMs anymore. That's what WLM is for.

Galla
January 23rd, 2008, 06:20 AM
When I'm bored... or when it's borderline full. Other PMs that say really short things like "Ya, added you to MSN" I just delete immediately.

zel 2.0
January 23rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
Ah, I have two methods for clearing my box. It's basically a combination of the answers available so I had to choose "Other"

Whenever a new PM arrives to my box, I reply it. And after that, if the PM was not of much importance in my opinion, it gets deleted, because I know I always need some space for more people's PMs.
And, in case the PM was useful to me in some way, I leave it at the main folder (and sometimes, I send them to other folders I have created), once a certain time has passed, I run a checkout on all the folders to check the contents and if there're unuseful PMs, I delete them.

I always try to have a 50% of my PM box clear (which by now is starting to fill up), I dont like to see too much mess...

Ausaudriel
January 23rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
I have a "OMG SAVED FOREVER" message folder where I put important PMs, the rest get nuked whenever I start to run out of room. :x

Usually every few weeks or so. Not so often, but more so than before.

+Sneasel™
January 24th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I empty it when its completely full/2 from almost being completely full.
Then, i empty them out as they come for the whole rest of the day pretty much, then let them build up again.
I don't know why i wait so long to empty my PM, i always think i have an important one, and then delete it anyway.

Gerri Shin
January 24th, 2008, 08:17 PM
oh man I haven't cleaned mine out in ages. I think I've cleaned it out once since I joined. I don;t think I'll get around to it anytime soon. as long as I feel I have plenty of room I'll leave it be, which will be for a while. ( having a 1000 limit means I can procrastinate longer :) ) I do the same with my HDD too. as long as I feel I have enough space (usually 30gb or more) than I'm fine, butif it gets below that I whip out the Blank DvDs.

Tapioca
January 24th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I do with whenever I'm bored enough to do it. I have a larger inbox than normal members(only 100 more) so I have to do it less often. That's a good thing considering all >>

I'm never using PMs anyway, I get them only if someone is asking me a question or if someone's just asking to be friends.

I have a grand total of SEVEN PMs in there right now XD

Cassino
January 25th, 2008, 07:22 AM
A'ight, just one thing...

It's a mild for of OCD, I swear.
What does OCD stand for?

Gerri Shin
January 25th, 2008, 10:17 AM
OCD stands for Obcessive Compulsive Disorder
Update, due to complete boredom I cleaned out my pm box of over 149 last night.

B-Baller
January 25th, 2008, 11:23 PM
In my whole time here I've never had to clear out my PM's. Maybe cos I don't talk that much here. So I'll go with never.

Right now there are 24 PM's in my PM inbox.

Harmony
January 26th, 2008, 02:17 PM
^^;
I only clean out mine, when I need to make space for a new one.
Other than that I just leave my box full. XD;;

Eon-Rider
January 26th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Considering the fact that practically no one ever send me PMs anymore, yearly.