PDA

View Full Version : How do you get to sleep at night?

Renyui!
January 21st, 2008, 11:21 PM
the title says it all.
me? i drink a glass of hot chocolate or warm milk.

Drakorn
January 22nd, 2008, 12:21 AM
I can only sleep if I have music on. It is really a habit for me to have music on every night.

Idiot!
January 22nd, 2008, 01:19 AM
The simplest way hands down: with closed eyes.

Razer302
January 22nd, 2008, 02:06 AM
Close my eyes and wait till I go to sleep. I play games till I get tired.

Amoeba
January 22nd, 2008, 02:15 AM
I open the window for fresh cold air. Then crawl under the duvet and close my eyes. If I'm lucky, I'll be asleep within two hours.

If I have the window closed, I will sleep, but wake up with a hangover. Even though I don't drink - its the dehydration, you see - I pour with sweat during the night if its too hot, can make me sick.

Dreading summer - the winter cold frosty air brings welcomed reief, and helps me get to sleep, but there's no escape from night-time dehydration in summer. Unless I want to be up to the toilet every hour from drinking so much water - and I do drink lots of water as it is.

Denuo
January 22nd, 2008, 02:43 AM
I'm normally ready to sleep when I do go, I don't sleep unless I need to, other fun stuff to be doing haha. But I love to sleep so, I've never had problems with it.

Sam

Comic Tragedy
January 22nd, 2008, 02:56 AM
I usualy read myself to sleep. Currently I am reading Pride of St. Louis. I got to the 19th chapter and my eye lids felt like weights.

Jonbo
January 22nd, 2008, 03:06 AM
I generally lay down and close my eyes to fall asleep. I need music on though, sometimes I play games to fall asleep. I was playing animal crossing to sleep the other night and I fell asleep and the battery died.

Corazons_girl
January 22nd, 2008, 03:16 AM
To get to sleep for me I need music or reading or if coming home from school a nice comfortable bed.

Binary
January 22nd, 2008, 07:24 AM
I watch tv till I get sleepy with drowsy eyes(which barely happens!)
If I don't, I don't sleep!

~C3LEBI

Olz.
January 22nd, 2008, 07:32 AM
Well.. i do this:
Go to bed..
Watch TV for like 1 hour (I've got cable in my room)
leave TV and close eyes.
Wait around 15 minutes.
Sleep! :)
1 hour later - Mum turns off TV and gives me a kiss when i'm asleep :D

msdmario
January 22nd, 2008, 07:42 AM
All I do is close my eyes when I am ready to go to sleep. I also need a fan running in my room since I prefer sleeping in a cold room. Makes me fall asleep easier.

Degenerate
January 22nd, 2008, 08:59 AM
It's actually easier for me to fall asleep in the morning or afternoon than it is at night. Even when I do get in bed early, my mind's restless and most of the times, keeps me up for at least two hours, just thinking about stuff. Sometimes I resort to watching a movie before bed. That usually gets me drowsy depending on the time.

Cherrim
January 22nd, 2008, 09:29 AM
I either stay up until I'm so exhausted that I'll fall right asleep when I get into bed or I'll go to bed a bit earlier than that and read or play DS until I'm tired. :x

Aegis
January 22nd, 2008, 09:32 AM
I stay up late on MSN or something until I get tired, then I just fall asleep. If I have to get up early the next day I usually take a sleeping pill early, otherwise I'd never get to sleep :x

Rebellious Treecko
January 22nd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Usually I listen to music, draw, and read for an hour or so.
Then I just lay down and sleep.
On weekends I stay up on the CPU. But eventually I get real tired and fall asleep.

I'm not very tired at night, but ironicly, I am in the morning when I wake up. (I hate going to school)

Cassino
January 22nd, 2008, 09:39 AM
I just lie in bed and I fall to sleep, nothing to it.

シーツー
January 22nd, 2008, 09:44 AM
I normally simply close my eyes and within 30 minutes I fall asleep.
Or I play DS/GB till I get tired. The last nights I always played Pokemon Crystal xD
Then my eyes will be drowsy and I just fall asleep within 2 minutes...

Azonic
January 22nd, 2008, 11:57 AM
I stare at the ceiling until I'm sleepy. x[

Sammi
January 22nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
I do whatever I do until I feel vaguely tired or until I tell myself I have to get up in the morning. Then I lie down, close my eyes, and hope I can get to sleep at a good time. I know it was a pain last night. I probably tossed and turned for an hour. That's what I get for going to bed early for a change... XD

Sorano
January 22nd, 2008, 09:09 PM
I can't fall asleep unless I'm hugging something. D: So, I'm pretty much clinging to a teddy bear or a pillow all night. Other than that, I can just close my eyes and wait to fall asleep. Simple as that.

Warheart
January 22nd, 2008, 09:15 PM
..I don't o_O

Even right now it's like 12:30, and I have school tomorrow..Usually I just keep myself up as long as I possibly can, until I pass out from exhaustion ._.

B-Baller
January 22nd, 2008, 09:25 PM
I just close my eyes and wait until I fall asleep.

If that fails, I do something to tire me out, like pushups for example.

Or if that fails, I listen to some br00tal death metal. xD

Gerri Shin
January 22nd, 2008, 09:36 PM
I usually stay up til about 2 or 3amposting here and using Photoshop then I just roll over and fall asleep. however, if it's after 3 and I have to work the next morning I just force myself to pull an all nighter. then just crash after work. (:sigh: it tough being a Night Owl and have a job that occasionally makes you come in early in the morning)

Lumine
January 23rd, 2008, 03:57 AM
By laying on the bed and closing my eyes o_o

helix
January 23rd, 2008, 04:47 AM
Make sure it's cold enough, wrap myself up in a blanket, put on my mp3 player, lie on my stomach and listen to music until I fall asleep. Usually after writing a little.

Soul Eater
January 23rd, 2008, 05:50 AM
I usaully go to bed at 10 on school nights and as always, I have to sleep with my Inuyasha plushie, Yuki Plushie, Rukia Plushie, Sesshomaru plushie and my Flygon plushie and lately I've been falling asleep to volume two of TMoHS. XD

Galla
January 23rd, 2008, 06:12 AM
Well, I usually try to get to sleep by, uhm... like midnight! I flatly REFUSE to do reading for college after that as it is pointless. The lines become a blur and heh, you don't learn anything.

But my roomates who I share an apartment w/(thank heavens I have a single room though or I'd go bananas) and they decided to burn some incense last night and well... the smell wasn't the greatest so it kept me up all night. :P Had to wake up at 6:30 thanks to a maths class too. Meh!

Usually I fall asleep with 20 minutes or so... I just cuddle up w/my giant Pikachu pillow. Helps loads when I'm homesick and need a hug. Just hug the Pika! :)

Smarties-chan
January 23rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
I either just instantly fall asleep if I've stayed up really late or lie on my bed for what sometimes stretches to hours thinking about life, going through the happenings of the day in my mind or daydreaming. (Don't ask me about the logic of daydreaming at night. :x) If that doesn't help, I just play my DS until I can barely keep my eyes open.

I love sleeping and yet, I always have trouble falling asleep. Just a few weeks ago I fell asleep five hours after going to sleep. I was tired for a week after that. :x

lostprophetsown
January 23rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
i secretly play my games at night or listen to music or watch tv until i hear my mom and dad then i turn it off and pretend im asleep only ever been caught 4 times lol lets hope i dont ever again

Emma
January 23rd, 2008, 01:26 PM
I usually watch TV or play games until I get tired, or I just go to sleep (very rarely). I also tend to listen to my iPod until I get tired. To help me get to sleep I usually think about stuff, pretty much a lot of random things, I find that whatever I think about before I go to sleep always comes up in my dreams. XD

Virtual Chatot
January 23rd, 2008, 02:06 PM
I drink some water and I read a book, eventually my eyes start to hurt and then I go to sleep.

zel 2.0
January 23rd, 2008, 07:31 PM
I just watch TV for a while or use the computer till I start to feel tired (which is by the time I start making a lot of mistakes on the PC), and... well, that's it. I go to sleep, it's pretty automatic after that.

Zanacross
January 23rd, 2008, 07:39 PM
I don't sleep normally. I spend all night on irc then sleep for 2-4 hours after getting tired from being on irc all night. (you would be to)

pink-tiger
January 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I have a radio and listen to music,but since for Crhistmas I got an Ipod I listen to my ipod till I get sleepy.I must listen to music to sleep. ^_^

Ausaudriel
January 24th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Depends on the night. :x

If I'm super tired I usually just fall right asleep, but most of the time I just lay in bed with my laptop and the TV on until I'm too tired to stay up any later, and then fall asleep. :D

TB Pro
January 24th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Hrmm....
Usually once my mom falls asleep and I know she can't hear the TV,
I turn it on and watch about an hour of TV.
I usually can't go to sleep for at least 2 hours after I lay down.

dragica
January 25th, 2008, 09:01 AM
by watching tv series on my computer till i get so sleepy i can just turn around and fall asleep

Renyui!
January 25th, 2008, 11:40 AM
this has become a pretty popular thread!
btw i dont drink stuff to got to sleep, now, i have recently been putting acoustic songs or quiet songs on and falling to sleep.

adventure
January 25th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Hah, I turn out the lights in my room to fall asleep faster! Creepy... but helps.
Normally, I sleep with a small lamp turned on............ ^^ mwehehe.

Stevo-kun
January 25th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I just lie down and wait. XD. Usually takes me around half and hour to fall asleep. Don't need any help as such.

Sylphiel
January 26th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Most of the time now, whenever I go to bed, I'm actually tired enough to where I just need to throw a blanket over myself and I'll fall right asleep within a few moments. Thankfully I don't need much else at those times.

However, if it happens to be a night when insomnia tries hitting - mostly whenever I have too many things on my mind - I'll try distracting myself somehow. I'll either get back on my laptop and browse around a bit, or if that fails I'll just grab my GBA and start playing a bit of a game. That usually helps.

Chikara
January 26th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I need something cold against my face, which is usually the other side of the pillow, or... my wall...

>>
<<

Yeah, I improvise. I found it clever >>'
I also can't have any music playing and my computer needs to be off. Any noise keeps me awake.

Tater Tot
January 27th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I just watch TV until I'm ready to go to sleep.:nervous:
I sleep like a little baby in a blanket! :P

GrovyleGamer2007
January 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I'm an insomniac. I like to stay up until past midnight at the very least. Even on school nights(on summer nights I might stay up as late as 4 in the morning). I just sit at my computer until I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open, or blank out and wake up in bed the next day. :P

Himawarii
January 28th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I just close my eyes XD;

When I have trouble going to sleep,I stare at the ceiling,I start seeing these like,VIVID COLOURS,and I'm asleep not too long afterward xD;

Ben Kenobi
January 28th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I can almost never get to sleep immediately, so I just stay up and play my DS and/or listen to music for a while until I feel like I cannot stay awake any longer. Usually fatigued if I wake up early in the morning.

Burgers Rule
January 28th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Me, I'm an extremely picky sleeper. I have to be comfy, in a mostly dark room with at least a bit of light. It also has to be cold and must have some kind of music or sound playing. As you can see, I'm not one of those people who can fall asleep in a couple seconds like on TV.
When I was 5 or so, I would have this one light blue blanket. As long as it was there, I would fall dead asleep without any help.

Why do I get the feeling I will regret posting this...

Jessie
January 28th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I stay up until I just fall over. Sometimes I fall asleep drawing, but most of the time I'm watching TV. Atleast I haven't fallen asleep eating yet...I can see myself waking up with a face full of dinner.

Burgers Rule
January 28th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I stay up until I just fall over. Sometimes I fall asleep drawing, but most of the time I'm watching TV. Atleast I haven't fallen asleep eating yet...I can see myself waking up with a face full of dinner.

He he, that reminds me of the time I was laying on the couch waiting for my mom (this was when I was around 7) to finish dinner, and I fell dead asleep. I woke up next morning thinking it was yesterday night. I woke up my parents asking for dinner.

Snivi
January 29th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I don't go to bed till I am dead tired - otherwise, I would just lay there thinking and never get any sleep.

Saryka
January 29th, 2008, 09:26 PM
My bedtime routine is very extensive because I can be quite the insomniac.
I need to make sure I haven't consumed anything with sugar at least 4-5 hours prior to bedtime because it heightens my anxiety. Then I need to make sure I'm warm, since my room can get quite cold sometimes. I sleep with earplugs (it's a long story but it has to do with anxiety). Noise will keep me awake. I also have to make sure it's as dark as possible. Light keeps me awake, too.

So, there. This is why I don't sleep much. >_>

txteclipse
January 29th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I stare at my clock until I lose conciousness. It seriously takes me around 1-2 hours or more to fall asleep every night. I usually am just thinking too much: about school, about life, about my fanfic, about whatever. I can't really stop, and I don't particularly mind, so I just live with it I guess. Sometimes I don't even sleep at all, which is maddening considering that I am then watching my clock for roughly seven or eight hours straight.

As someone else said, I find it easier to fall asleep during midday or the afternoon. Sometimes I come home and simply go to bed: for some reason I'm really tired after school. I have the lights on and everything, and I still fall asleep. Then I stay up later because I took a nap :P

Lucy Lu
January 29th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I usually be online and then I start to fall asleep. When I start seeing fuzzy things, then it is time for me go to bed. If I have to go to work early the next day, I will go to my bed and lay down. Usually I fall asleep right way. No problems. :3

Pikabloo
January 30th, 2008, 01:20 AM
I usually just take a random book, sometimes even my text books from school, and I start to read it until I can't keep my eyes open anymore, so I sleep. Most of the time, it takes me 30 minutes to an hour to fall asleep, but sometimes, when I'm really tired, it takes only a couple of minutes. And when the book I'm reading is really interesting, I force myself to stay up, telling myself, "Just one more chapter!" Of course, it's never just one more chapter >.>

saphire
January 30th, 2008, 01:55 AM
me the passage in the computer until the 8:00 a.m. already I do not fall asleep

Eon-Rider
January 30th, 2008, 03:31 AM
the title says it all.
me? i drink a glass of hot chocolate or warm milk.

This topic makes no sense at all. So you're saying that if you don't drink hot chocolate or warm mild, you're incapable of falling asleep? Wow. o_o

As for me, I close my eyes and let my brain drift off to the land of dreams.

Melody
January 31st, 2008, 09:23 PM
I don't sleep normally. I spend all night on irc then sleep for 2-4 hours after getting tired from being on irc all night. (you would be to)
DITTO!
I really dont sleep normally either. I stay up way late online and get like 3-4 hours of sleep and I'm fine in the morning. (that is after my first cup of coffee XD)

Kirlay
January 31st, 2008, 09:31 PM
Well... Normally I fall asleep right away, but I often do little RPs in my head. I draw manga so I RP my series and all its characters. (in my imagination, mind you)

Ausaudriel
January 31st, 2008, 09:37 PM
but I often do little RPs in my head.
lawl, I already replied to this thread, but I actually do that too. :o

People always say it's weird whenever I mention it, so I never do. 8(

RYOUKI
February 1st, 2008, 05:43 AM
Sometimes, i just think about something I've done at that day, or jsut I fall asleep.

BeachBoy
February 1st, 2008, 05:59 AM
Well I do many things befor sleep, think about my poems to write in the future, what i did during the day...

Read a fanfiction or two, or passage of flight...

And then my mom gives me a sleeping pill, becuase I have had a something very bad happen and if I sleep naturally I usually have nightmares ...havn't had a true dream in 3 years... :(

Lady Nicole
February 4th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Well I do many things befor sleep, think about my poems to write in the future, what i did during the day...

Read a fanfiction or two, or passage of flight...

And then my mom gives me a sleeping pill, becuase I have had a something very bad happen and if I sleep naturally I usually have nightmares ...havn't had a true dream in 3 years... :(

Aww :( *hugs*

I always think about my boyfriend before I go to sleep. It puts me in a good mood :)

...Unless I was angry with him that day >.< In which case I go to bed in a bad mood. XD just kidding.

Karonte
February 4th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I play a game on my ds. Then i turn it off and fall right asleep.

BakingBluePotatoe
February 19th, 2008, 11:13 PM
I honestly don't get a ton of sleep at once... it's usually in hour-long segments throughout the day o_O (The bus, right after school, ect.)

Meh... I haven't really thought about HOW I get to sleep. I seem to fall asleep within a half hour on the couch for some reason though o_O

lately I've been pretty Insomnic... I think I need to change my "sleeping buddy" (Plushie I sleep with at night) *looks desperatly for a Lucario Plushie*

EDIT: During these Insomic periods, I'll pull one all-nighter, take SHORT naps during the day, try to stay up until about 10-12 then easily fall asleep, then for a bout a week or two afterwards, I won't have much trouble sleeping.

I think I might try to pull one off soon... *is in the Insomnic period again*

EDIT AGAIN: I just remembered... If I don't go to bed by 3 and fall asleep shortly after, I'll end up sleeping half the morning >.>

If I do end up not falling asleep by 3, I'll try to fall asleep by 4. If I'm STILL up, I'll try hard to stay awake until I'm on the seat of my bus. now, if it's the weekend, that's another story >.>

Gerri Shin
February 19th, 2008, 11:40 PM
whenever I can't sleep I usually come in here and post in whatever I can (without spamming) until my brain says enough.

New Age Retro Hippie
February 19th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I usually listen to my iPod and pet my kitten until I can't hold my eyes open. or else I read in the light of my DS. I, though not an insomniac, cannot turn my brain off. I just have to exhaust myself...

Aizuke
February 20th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I like to RP as well, it seems like a bed time story for me.

Usually about manga story lines that I want to draw.

Creativeness only comes at night-time~ <3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
February 20th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Since I'm a chronic Insomniac I have to use subscription pills to put me to sleep

:t354:TG

kostak1692
February 20th, 2008, 07:03 AM
well the rays in the tv screen actually keep u awake rather than make u tired so i try 2 avoid watching tv right be4 goin 2 bed, so i am usually online untill my eyes hurt and im tired. Then i put my tv on a timer for like 60 minutes and lower the volume, and it puts me 2 sleep, and i usually dont wake up unless it is hot, so i usually turn off the heat, haha its a long process XD

Gummy
February 20th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I stare at the TV for hours until my eyes hurt from no blinking. Then when I close my eyes it feels good and I eventually just fall asleep.

Sweet Candace
February 20th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I get really tired around 9:30. I take a shower to make myself go to sleep, and after I clean up and put on my pajamas and go to sleep

Zorua
February 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I only got to sleep when I'm truly tired, or there's just nothing else to do around the house and just want to doze off for a bit. I get really sleepy easily, so I need to get as much sleep as possible. I don't think it's good to sleep at 12 AM or later. D:

Forever
February 21st, 2008, 11:08 PM
Thinking of stuff that I want to happen, but will never happen because I over-think about that stuff. But if that doesn't work I imagine random things.

Rai
February 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
I normally read before I go to bed :3 Reading is so relaxing <333

But gah, if I don't take my medicine (the main side effect is drowiness) I can't fall asleep at all.

adventure
February 22nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Thinking of stuff that I want to happen, but will never happen because I over-think about that stuff. But if that doesn't work I imagine random things.

That is just so true..... and then suddenly I fall asleep without noticing. It's the purrfect way of getting to sleep. Perhaps.

Unlimited NiGHTS
February 22nd, 2008, 11:19 AM
How do I get to sleep at night?

Luck.

Tater Tot
February 22nd, 2008, 11:59 AM
I watch TV until I fall asleep, someone usually turns the TV off for me while I'm sleeping. Today I slept till 10:00. XD
The best part about being homebound is sleeping in late. XD

How do I get to sleep at night?

Luck. There is no such thing as luck... >.<

diamondpearl876
February 22nd, 2008, 08:00 PM
Sometimes, I'll listen to music. But I've been trying to stop that lately, because I fall asleep with headphones on, and it hurts my ears and wastes the battery. Also, I listen to too much music as it is and my parents are already afraid I'm going to go deaf one day. xD

If I'm not listening to music, I tend to imagine random things and conversations. Or, I think about some things that happened that day, if they were interesting enough.

Michii
February 22nd, 2008, 09:28 PM
Before I sleep, I always think about stuff that could happen in real life. Like, me catching a fly ball or being stranded in a forest with people. That stuff relieves what I've done during the day and lulls me to sleep.

Yoshimi
February 22nd, 2008, 09:36 PM
Well by watching a political channel or reading a boring book.
I usually can't sleep because i think about what happened during that day and would think if i regretted it or not.
And diamondpearluser what is worse?
Being tired or being deaf?
Being deaf has few advantages but it is way better than being blind.

KingCJ
February 23rd, 2008, 05:51 AM
I close my eyes. Simple, yet effective.

Spaekle Oddberry
February 23rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
I'll usually lay in bed and play my DS until I'm kinda nodding off as I'm playing, and then I'll be tired enough to go to sleep. If not, I'll listen to my iPod and bounce around the room until I'm tired out. It works.

Astinus
February 23rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
I typically stay up until five, six, seven, eight in the morning playing video games or cruising the forums. But it all depends on what video game or forum on. If I play the Sims 2 before going to bed, I lie awake at night trying to figure out if I made the right decisions. It's different if I play KH2. Then I'm so tired that I want to smack my Sora plushie against the wall. xP

As for forums, I can never get to sleep if I visit PC before hand. Other forums, I can get to sleep quickly.

But most of the time, I just curl up and imagine a story in my head.