PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the new PC supporter benefits?

Tr@ce
January 22nd, 2008, 05:12 AM
What do you think of them, and are you motivated to donate because of them?

I am, but I donated before and I guess it never got through or something... but I really want to get the vip access... so I just might take a chance.

Denuo
January 22nd, 2008, 06:05 AM
I'd rather not see them as giving money to get a reward. Sure the rewards are good but I'll be donating when I spare some money from work for the good of helping the mods keep the community the way it is.

Sam :)

Rebellious Treecko
January 22nd, 2008, 07:56 AM
I don't really mind...yet.
I know the staff are doing this so more people will help out the forum.
Yeah, it's good, as long as people don't brag over the money they donated.

I do want to donate, but only if my friends donate as well. (to avoid jealousy or something)
I REALLY need a bigger inbox. :\

Midnight Beat
January 22nd, 2008, 08:09 AM
I love the benefits! Maybe my opinion may be a little bias, but the 500 PM inbox is a life saver.

Cassino
January 22nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
New supporter benefits?... They actually got benefits in the first place?...
Really, someone needs to explain this to me, I've not seen anything about it around the board. :/

PB
January 22nd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Hotaru, You can find the thread here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123166)

I think its good because it will encourage more donations.

Kristian
January 22nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
I personally think it's retarded. IMO it's kind of a rip-off if you essentially get just an e-mail address and a larger PM box for 25 bucks. D:
A good idea, though.
A VIP place is good though!~

Denuo
January 22nd, 2008, 04:20 PM
And that's fine, some people will. I wouldn't call it retarded but it won't be everyone's cup of tea. Nobody's forcing you to donate etc, so really there isn't a need to call it retarded - since it's an idea they worked on for a while.

However, I can see where you're coming from, so yeah.

Just my 2c, I don't mean to offend you also, apologies if so. :)

Sam.

The Real AAA
January 23rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
A good idea, though.
A VIP place is good though!~
hey VIP place n more PM space sounds cool! i well donated for that! anyways yeah i like them they look cool!

Avey
January 23rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Personally, I think they're deadly. I'm just annoyed that I'm unable to donate.

kidpunk
January 23rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
I'm sorry PC, but i'm gonna have to say they're kinda suckish.

If someone is clearly a dedicated member (like has 3,200 posts in 5 months), i would say that they deserve the same benefits as the people who donate.

Also, I don't like it that if i only send in $1.00 i get different rates as someone who sends in $100.00. I should get the same as the rest, i mean, i at least donated. Thats my free mind, PC.

Avey
January 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM
I'm sorry PC, but i'm gonna have to say they're kinda suckish.

If someone is clearly a dedicated member (like has 3,200 posts in 5 months), i would say that they deserve the same benefits as the people who donate.

Also, I don't like it that if i only send in $1.00 i get different rates as someone who sends in $100.00. I should get the same as the rest, i mean, i at least donated. Thats my free mind, PC.

What are you on about?

Okay, first off, a high post count means nothing at all. It's the quality of the posts. Get that into your head.

And, what you're saying is, someone gets 100% in their exam, and someone gets 0% in theirs, because they both attempted it, the person that got 0% should get 100%?

Honestly, don't say stuff like that without having an actual argument to back them up.

kidpunk
January 23rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
What are you on about?

Okay, first off, a high post count means nothing at all. It's the quality of the posts. Get that into your head.

And, what you're saying is, someone gets 100% in their exam, and someone gets 0% in theirs, because they both attempted it, the person that got 0% should get 100%?

Honestly, don't say stuff like that without having an actual argument to back them up.

sigh.....

Okay, if that person studied and tried hard, they should get 100%.

Its the thought that counts.

I would be happy if i got 1.00 from my parents on my birthday. As long as they put thought into that, i would enjoy it.

Second off, one old member from PC (BlisseysCharizard), talked to me the other day on another forum. I know the forum has advanced and has beeter security, members, etc. but her told me yesterday he donated $20.00 to PC in the beginning of 2006. They saide they never got the money, and he lost his $20.00. He showed me the e-mail on his reciept, but apparently, PC never "recieved his payment". He never wanted to return to PC after this. He was my older brother and i trust him, so please don't say i'm a liar, because i won't listen to you.

Okay, i put enough info into my post, and i don't want PM's or posts here from any members who are mad at me. i was gonna donate $20.00 in the near future, but i don't know anymore just because of what Oni Raichu said. OKAY, enough has been said by me.

Proto
January 23rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Whoa I'm late. :x That's what I get for disappearing for two days.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123166

Just use the announcement thread to discuss this stuff, I really don't think a poll in OVP is necessary.