View Full Version : Drinking?

wakachamo
January 22nd, 2008, 12:21 PM
Do any of you go out on a friday or any other night and get hammered? D:

Never, wut 8D

In other words do any of you drink here? XD

Merzbau
January 22nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Never drank, smoked, done any illegal drugs.
Don't find a need to. It's stupid.
No need to poison myself.

Devil_Silver
January 22nd, 2008, 12:31 PM
Never drunk alcohol before (which is obvious on my age), and I'll never - NEVER - drink.
I just don't see how it could be fun?
It's horrible and it brings much pain to people.
Alcohol is the reason to many deaths.
I would make it illegal if I could.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
January 22nd, 2008, 12:43 PM
I seldom drink alcoholic beverages, but never in excess-- however, I don't even take a single sip when I'm gonna drive.

I don't see why so many people have deep problems/hatred for alcohol itself. It is healthy for the heart and contributes to your longevity when you drink it moderately.

Of course it is bad in excess. What isn't?

Aegis
January 22nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
Not out right on my own, and I don't have any plans to in the future. I've had a few glasses of wine and champagne at a few of the parties for my dad's medical practice group, but it wasn't anything spectacular, and I don't really have the desire to drink any on my own. I don't see any reason to get involved with it, so I don't plan to.

Live in Color
January 22nd, 2008, 12:54 PM
Never smoked anything, never plan to.

But as for drinking I have and only a few times. No more than five, but I haven't gotten drunk... I really have a better time not drinking, so I am not going to do it anymore. The first time I did it felt fun, but then it just got worse and worse. It costs too much money, and it's not fun to do if you get in trouble for it. So yeah, just don't drink. It's not as fun as it seems, all the money it costs, you can have more fun not drinking. Be productive, go to an amusement park, go to the movies with some friends, watch a baseball game, just don't drink. It's not fun.

Twinx
January 22nd, 2008, 01:05 PM
I drink socially, but I never got "hammered".
Why? because it's stupid and funny sometimes..
Once my friend got drunk and she started calling her mum. Next thing you know, she thinks I'm her mum.
It was funny and scary at the same time (her parents were home XD hehe)

I don't know why y'all are talking about smoking but I'll go with the flow.
I think every person that smokes is a disgusting pig. Enough said :P

Galla
January 22nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
Let's see...

I used to have VERY low alcohol tolerance like three years back. Three summers ago, I got DRUNK off the sauce in Spaghetti Bolognaise cuz there was a bit of wine in it and the alcohol content was supposed to have evaporated while being cooked. It ended up w/my mom suggesting I go and splash cold water on my face but when I went downstairs to the bathroom, I tripped over the staircase and everybody saw my undies (note: was in a mini-skirt). VERY humiliating!

But then the 2007/8 New Year's Eve came along and I somehow had a bunch of sake and nothing happened. Plus a sip of champagne. I don't know what was up with me or why I did it, but I did. Considering the spaghetti incident, I generally avoid alcohol like the plague. However, I guess it was alright that night as there was a buffet that evening at the hotel I was at and I stuffed myself silly. Probably had sooo much food that the alcohol didn't affect me?

And although those are my only 2 interesting stories, normally I just steer clear of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, all that nasty stuff. :P Which is why I also steer clear of frat parties and prefer being alone in my room playing video games. :P

Morkula
January 22nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
Never had any alcohol, and never plan to. For one thing, the smell of beer/wine is nasty, for another thing I really just don't want to get drunk or have medical problems later on down the road from being an alcoholic (even though a drink every now and then doesn't really hurt you, I just don't want to do it).

Live in Color
January 22nd, 2008, 01:17 PM
Never had any alcohol, and never plan to. For one thing, the smell of beer/wine is nasty, for another thing I really just don't want to get drunk or have medical problems later on down the road from being an alcoholic (even though a drink every now and then doesn't really hurt you, I just don't want to do it).

I agree... O.o

I've never had either of them. My parents would let me smell it and take a tiny sip of it, but I didn't want to because it was horrible.

Nuke
January 22nd, 2008, 01:34 PM
;3270244']Never drank, smoked, done any illegal drugs.

Neither have I and I dont plan to. [Except drinking but not heavy of course, not too much to damage me]

But being 12 of course I havent do any of them things. lol.

On the subject of drinking, smokes, drugs etc. If drugs are banned why arent Ciggarettes?

I mean ciggarettes have way too much bad stuff in them and they affect other people not just the user.

Avey
January 22nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
I'm only thirteen, but I know kids that drink all the time, it's scary... I'll drink when I'm eighteen, but never go over two on a night out. Of course, I'll never live up to that, but hopefully I can.

Warheart
January 22nd, 2008, 01:59 PM
Tch, yeah I do <_<

I'm 15, but no one in my family really cares what i do. I'm not one of those people who stays at home and drinks to fight off like, depression or anything like that, but if I'm hanging out with friends who are doing it, I'll usually fall into what they're doing. Beer smells like..a cross between terpentine and piss, so I won't argue with how it smells; i prefer to fruity girl drinks 8D

People tend to tell me I act more intellectual while intoxicated o_O

Jesus Freak Josh
January 22nd, 2008, 02:00 PM
No. Even if I was the legal age I don't think I'd even go out for one beer.

Chibi-chan
January 22nd, 2008, 02:01 PM
Drinking underage is wrong.
I plan on staying sober for my life...I don't plan to drink after 21 either.
Those who do; I just hope they know what they're doing D:

!gnition
January 22nd, 2008, 11:07 PM
I understand drinking or possibly smoking socially, but as a hobby, why would I choose a hobby that costs money to destroy my body?

I sometimes drink wine on Thanksgiving or Christmas parties, but I never smoke or drink beer. Drugs are out of the question as well.

The Infinite Devil Machine
January 22nd, 2008, 11:37 PM
I find it unrealistic for people to say they're never going to drink. You may not enjoy it, but I think that it's inevitable. xD;

I've only gotten buzzed once, and by accident. My friend's brother spiked the punch we were drinking and it was too hot for us to notice or care. As for smoking and drugs, both of those are a no-no. I still think people should be allowed to smoke on balconies and on the street though, it's a choice and taking that choice away seems very...hitler-ish?(Yes, that's a word. I invented it.)

Jubilation
January 22nd, 2008, 11:50 PM
I don't drink anymore after that awful night ~ Afew people would know what I'm talk about lol

Amoeba
January 23rd, 2008, 12:05 AM
Generally, I don't drink. I do have the odd drink on occasion, once or twice a year or so. But never to get drunk. And the last time I was actually hammered was... um... about 2 years ago, at a friend's birthday. But not any more.

I'll stick to what I know and like :p

Chibi-chan
January 23rd, 2008, 02:51 AM
I find it unrealistic for people to say they're never going to drink. You may not enjoy it, but I think that it's inevitable. xD;

I've only gotten buzzed once, and by accident. My friend's brother spiked the punch we were drinking and it was too hot for us to notice or care. As for smoking and drugs, both of those are a no-no. I still think people should be allowed to smoke on balconies and on the street though, it's a choice and taking that choice away seems very...hitler-ish?(Yes, that's a word. I invented it.)

That's like saying it's unrealistic for people to not have sex.
It's possible not to let peer pressure get to you. It's called self control.

Lumine
January 23rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
Judging from peoples post, I guess I'm not wanted here cause I do love drinking =P (not that much nowadays) my parents don't really care, they trust me with it anyways lulz.

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 23rd, 2008, 06:27 AM
Baileys is probably the only drink with alcoholic content I've ever had. And even so, I haven't had Baileys for a while (think: I've had it twice within the last 12 months).

kebbles
January 23rd, 2008, 06:30 AM
Every Friday and Saturday Night!
Me and me mates start drinkin around 2 in the arvo.
Prob buy a slab of bear or a bottle of beam and that should last the weekend.
If we are lucky there will be a good party on.
If not just drinkin at a mates.
Seein we are to young to go to the pub yet.

Team Poison
January 23rd, 2008, 06:56 AM
I drink Vodka, Lager and Alcopops, also I admit I have done weed because I am not ashamed to admit it.

Lumine
January 23rd, 2008, 07:17 AM
Any of you go down the pub? lul XD

Yeah me, only been there a few times though before my exams -.-

Vodka.

Yes...I obey Vodka..

Cloud_85
January 23rd, 2008, 08:17 AM
Well, I drink a little, but I don't like get drunk. IT'S NOT FUNNY be the others fun!. It's something that I don't really proud...
I hate cigaretes and I NEVER wiil consume drugs.

Devil_Silver
January 23rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Drinking a bit won't do much harm D:

Oh, stop trying to make people drink.
Drinking and getting 'hammered' is pathetic and you freakin' know it.

ktn
January 23rd, 2008, 09:12 AM
yeah i drank but i never got hammered.i drink occationaly though

Devil_Silver
January 23rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
lul

If you drink a glass, how is that 'bad'?

How dare you talk to me in that manner D: XD lul

Alcohol is bad in every possible way, but go ahead, you live your life like you want to.

For instance:
- It's addictive
- It makes you do stuff you don't want to do
- It causes traffic accidents
- It makes people agressive
- It costs money

Can you tell me what you like about it?

Devil_Silver
January 23rd, 2008, 09:19 AM
So you're saying if you're 20, you shouldn't be allowed to go down the pub to have a few beers or something after work?
:<

If you're brought up with it you don't see the harm in it as someone who isn't, the people who are not brought up with it see harm in it, as it's different.

:<

Erm... I'm not 20. I never said I was 20. Look at my profile: it says 13.

And yeah, I have experienced the problems that it causes, so don't think I don't know what I'm talking about.

January 23rd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Alcohol is bad in every possible way, but go ahead, you live your life like you want to.

For instance:
- It's addictive
- It costs money

Can you tell me what you like about it?

Actually, most of what you posted is untrue. Unless you have no willpower whatsoever. >_< Alcohol doesn't make people more aggressive, it makes aggressive people stupider. xD As well, only complete idiots would actually drive home drunk.

Devil_Silver
January 23rd, 2008, 09:25 AM
Okay, you guys have a point there.
It's just that some people are to weak to resist.
And to stupid to think they can't cause accidents.

But it does make people more agressive and impulsive, though.
Ofcourse there are people who just get relaxed or sleepy of it, and not angry at all, but once again: not all people are like that.

Trainer Kat
January 23rd, 2008, 09:25 AM

Woah, woah, woah. Now who's trying to impose their morals on others? Chill, dude. Drinking a little won't hurt much. Omah's not encouraging you to go get smashed, he's simply saying that it's not as bad as people make it out to be. In fact, having a glass of wine is good for you. My friend has a liver disease and his doctor even encouraged him to have one alcoholic beverage a week, as it keeps his liver healthy [though any more than one is bad for him].

I'm 17 and in college, I'd be flat out lying if I said I've never had a drink. I don't go to parties, and I don't get wasted. I just don't feel like doing something I know I'll regret later. I've never even been buzzed. The most I've ever had at a time has been half a can, and I was around sober people I trust.

If you have the self control to not drink, then I respect that. Good for you. It doesn't mean that drinking is bad.

Devil_Silver
January 23rd, 2008, 09:29 AM
Okay, okay, you guys are right xD

But I think that people who have been caught drunk behind the weel or who caused trouble while being wasted shouldn't be allowed to drink anymore.

Trainer Kat
January 23rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
Eh, I can see why you'd want that.
I do believe in second chances though. Sometimes people can make mistakes.
After two times though, then yeah, there's a problem with the person.

January 23rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
Now that I remember, I used to drink wine coolers when I was twelve and I didn't know they had any alcoholic content. xD;

Is it just me or is this thread just about Waka trying to justify his drinking? xD

Devil_Silver
January 23rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Probably right, omahawk (or whatever your name is).

Second chances are alright, but after a warning people should know they're doing wrong.
And people who cause deadly accidents while drunk driving, where people die, should be behind bars for the rest of their lives.

Young Stunna'
January 23rd, 2008, 09:42 AM
i'm starting to see the difference here between people who spend their lives reading, writing, and playing video games, and people who actually have fun. I for one highly enjoy drinking. It has allowed me to meet so many new friends and just to be crazy and everyone knows why :D. as long as your responsible, don't even let people tell you its not cool, because ~80% of americans drink. plus if you do something crazy when your drunk, people will think your fun to be around drunk and you'll get invited to parties.

Devil_Silver
January 23rd, 2008, 09:49 AM
i'm starting to see the difference here between people who spend their lives reading, writing, and playing video games, and people who actually have fun (1). I for one highly enjoy drinking. It has allowed me to meet so many new friends (2) and just to be crazy and everyone knows why :D. as long as your responsible, don't even let people tell you its not cool, because ~80% of americans drink (2). plus if you do something crazy when your drunk, people will think your fun to be around drunk and you'll get invited to parties(2).

1: So, you think you can only have fun while drinking?
2: It's obvious you drink to become part of the crew.
You do it because 'everyone who's cool' does it, and you're afraid people won't like you anymore if you don't drink.

People like you just drink to be interesting.
Well, I can tell you your 'awesome new friends' will leave you if you behave like you are. They like you because you drink.

I nearly envie you, infact, I'm glad I don't have to drink to make friends.

mystletainn
January 23rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Okay, I used to think the same thing when I was thirteen, saying I would never drink. I grew up with two parents who seldom or never drank (my Father doesn't and my mother only occasionally). No one in my family is an alcoholic or a druggie or anything. So I never had an interest in doing it. I didn't drink until I was a Junior in High School. At first, I repulsed at the taste of beer. I literally almost threw up after a tiny sip. But eventually, just hanging out with my friends, I grew to drink it more and was able to tolerate it.

Honestly, my brother makes fun of me because I drink. He doesn't understand what's the fun about losing control of your body. This is an opinion a good amount of you seem to hold. However, it's just fun to chill with your friends or go to a bar. We never drive though. That's just stupid. We take a taxi if we're out or have a designated driver who never drinks. We don't want anyone dying on us. Or if we're at a friend's house/apartment, we lock our keys up in a cabinet. This way, we wouldn't even be able to get to them because we would be too intoxicated to figure out the lock.

I've smoked marijuana a few times. I can honestly say it's not as bad as the media seems to make it. I totally agree with legalization of it as well.

Smarties-chan
January 23rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
No, I don't drink. I just don't feel like doing it, it's a simple as that. I see nothing wrong with having an occasional drink, but it just doesn't sound like my kind of thing.
i'm starting to see the difference here between people who spend their lives reading, writing, and playing video games, and people who actually have fun. I for one highly enjoy drinking. It has allowed me to meet so many new friends and just to be crazy and everyone knows why :D. as long as your responsible, don't even let people tell you its not cool, because ~80% of americans drink. plus if you do something crazy when your drunk, people will think your fun to be around drunk and you'll get invited to parties.
Reading is fun, writing is fun and playing video games is fun so how the heck am I not having fun while I do those things? I'm currently enjoying life much more than I've done in any other stage of my life and it sure isn't because of alcohol. If you can't have fun without getting drunk then that's just fine with me. Just don't try to decide what's fun for other people. I don't know about you, but I can enjoy life in many different ways without intoxicating my body and you have absolutely no right to say what I should- or shouldn't enjoy doing.

And how does the fact that 80% of Americans drink make it cool? I do understand why some people drink, but if you drink just for the sake of blending in with the rest just shows a big lack of willpower. I can, to some extent, understand getting drunk while hanging out with some friends, but drinking for the sake of drinking is just stupid.

PB
January 23rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
Smarties, I hope you wouldnt drink alcohol, If you are really 10.

I don't drink, I've never ever tried acohol because it can effect your life and to be honest its not worth it.

sims796
January 23rd, 2008, 11:21 AM
Tch, yeah I do <_<

I'm 15, but no one in my family really cares what i do. I'm not one of those people who stays at home and drinks to fight off like, depression or anything like that, but if I'm hanging out with friends who are doing it, I'll usually fall into what they're doing. Beer smells like..a cross between terpentine and piss, so I won't argue with how it smells; i prefer to fruity girl drinks 8D

People tend to tell me I act more intellectual while intoxicated o_O

I'm glad he admits it, that's very refreshing.

Me, I don't drink, just cause it doesn't suit me much. I'm not going to rant on the dangers it imposes, nor am I going to say "Never had, never did, it poisons, so I never will", because most of the people that have said that are -14, who shouldn't be drinking anyway. Not that it's bad, that's how it should be. I'm glad to see so many educated youth.

But as I said, & Lady Nicole said, can't knock it if you haven't tried it. I have tried drinking before, but I didn't care for it. Just something I don't really feel like doing. My friends are more, "outgoing", while I'd rather stay inside & play the Wii or something. On cold days, while they go & frolic in the snow, my arse is sleeping in bed. Same thing on beautiful sunny days. I sleep good then.

So while they enjoy the occasional drink, I would refuse, & we could still have a good time.

Granted, there are different levels of drinking. The occasional drink, the heavy drinker, the binge drinker, & Warheart.

Remember children, one drink, & you could become a WARHEART! Scary, huh?

January 23rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
It's sad how misinformed some people are. I agree with people who do not like to drink it by taste, however, I disagree with those who deem alcohol itself as pure poison.

Drinking alcohol moderately and with responsibility is healthy.

Drinking alcohol in excess is not.

Likewise, drinking water in excess is not healthy either.

So what's the point? Alcohol itself is not bad by default. Only if you drink it recklessly.

Cloud_85
January 23rd, 2008, 11:35 AM

If u drink cause u like it, It's not pathetic. If u drink cause other people drink, THAT's pathetic. I actually like drinkk, but I say that I'm not proud of it

Rellyms
January 23rd, 2008, 11:35 AM
I drink on occasions, I guess you can call them celebrations like New Years B-Day ect..

I actually hear theres a new law that alouds kids to drink as long as their parent gives them the drink and is on their property.

sims796
January 23rd, 2008, 11:52 AM
Oni, it's the same thing with guns. Guns aren't deadly, idiots are. Take the gun away, an idiot can STILL kill you without it.

Smarties kinda hit the nail with his post. That post he quoted was one of the most pathetic thing I have ever seen, and what is the problem with many drinkers. It is the prime example of drinking recklessly.

I had to take a three [consecutive] hour seminar on drinking, followed up by a quiz, justr last month. It was excrutatingly boring.

Regardless, I learned SO MUCH on drinking.

As Oni said, in moderation, there is no problem whatsoever. Even in public assotiations, such as clubs. However, while it isn't pure poison, it isn't exactly good for the body. Too much at a time can indeed "poison" you, as it gets in your bloodstream. Hence why your body reacts so poorly to it, what with the heavy vomiting my alcoholic of a roomate did last week, followed by dizziness, & passing out on the bed.

However, that is a prime example of 'too much at once', which is pretty much binge drinking. That is deadly, more than water (speaking as a person who fears drowning as a death).

But, im moderation, such as the occasional drink every now & then, it can honestly be pretty dang healthy. It is able to prevent certain cancers, believe it or not. I don't remember which ones, but it's there.

Also, it's been said here that drinking doesn't make you aggresive. That's not entirely true. Drinking can indeed make a person aggressive. My friend is usually calm, but can get violent while drunk. The jerk. Still, it is true that it does indeed "make agressive people stupid". That is a golden post, & one of the funniest I've ever seen.

So as said, drinking RESPONSIBLY isn't wroong at all. Especially when you drink while informed. The real danger is binge drinking, or even worst, the Warheart drinking.

Also, Oni, you shouldn't really critisize the people who are less informed. Frankly, I am quite pleased to see so many negative post on drinking. Especially since most of the people are young, & shouldn't even be drinking. Like a kid & a stove. Once the kid gets burrned, He will be wary of the stove for a good while. However, as he gets older, he will learn that the stove isn't dangerous. Eventually, he learns that he NEEDS the stove to survive.

At this age, this is the ideal views that they should have on drinking. When they get older, they will learn that drinking isn't as dangerous as percieved

Loquacity is a perfect example. While young, he knew that alcohol was bad for him. He avoided it as the plauge. However, as he got older, he learned that it wasn't all too bad.

ultradarkrai
January 23rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
Let's see...

I used to have VERY low alcohol tolerance like three years back. Three summers ago, I got DRUNK off the sauce in Spaghetti Bolognaise cuz there was a bit of wine in it and the alcohol content was supposed to have evaporated while being cooked. It ended up w/my mom suggesting I go and splash cold water on my face but when I went downstairs to the bathroom, I tripped over the staircase and everybody saw my undies (note: was in a mini-skirt). VERY humiliating!

lol getting drunk off spaghetti one i had steak in wine sauce or something but i didnt get drunk

sims796
January 23rd, 2008, 12:01 PM
That's because they cooked it right.

January 23rd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Also, Oni, you shouldn't really critisize the people who are less informed. Frankly, I am quite pleased to see so many negative post on drinking. Especially since most of the people are young, & shouldn't even be drinking. Like a kid & a stove. Once the kid gets burrned, He will be wary of the stove for a good while. However, as he gets older, he will learn that the stove isn't dangerous. Eventually, he learns that he NEEDS the stove to survive.

That's actually a really good point, sims-- but sometimes even effective, ignorance is not the best way to form a conscience on topics such as drinking.

Mainly I was uncomfortable seeing comments from people that made alcohol itself seem bad from every perspective, when it isn't. I didn't defend alcohol because I seldom enjoy it, I was merely hoping to make a point when saying that responsible drinking brings health in the long run.

sims796
January 23rd, 2008, 12:13 PM
That's actually a really good point, sims-- but sometimes even effective, ignorance is not the best way to form a conscience on topics such as drinking.

Mainly I was uncomfortable seeing comments from people that made alcohol itself seem bad from every perspective, when it isn't. I didn't defend alcohol because I seldom enjoy it, I was merely hoping to make a point when saying that responsible drinking brings health in the long run.

Oh, don't think that I was ever saying that you were wrong for saying that. Not one bit, as you are absolutely right. Ignorance is not a way to form an opinion, especially those "never ever ever ever EVER!!!" opinions. And, as I stated, it does indeed bring along it's heath benifits.

You are also right in saying that it isn't as horrid as it seems. But hey--that's the views many kids will have on drinking, at least until [junior] high school. Those who say "Never did, NEVER WILL!!!!" are jumping the bucket, as Loquacity (he is just a great example) said those exact same things in his post, but also said that he learned different.

We all learn that lesson at some point into maturity.

Cosmic Tyrant
January 23rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
I studied the effects of alchohol on the human body in Psychology class during my Senior year. Alchohol is a depressant that is only harmless when taken in small doses. It's basically what Oni Pichu and Sims said in the last two posts. It's all about Maturity. Yes, the legal drinking age is 21, yes, It doesn't fare well with a lot of still developing tastebuds, but the fact of the matter is that the way society is nowadays people will be able to get in contact with things such as alchohol no matter what the circumstances are if they put enough effort into it. A lot of younger kids, and even a lot of adults, don't know when enough is enough. I think an appropriate word for this is "willpower". If one's able to drink a few beers or whatever and then just quit for the night, then more power to them. Once one feels the sensations of the alchohol (commonly reffered to as a "buzz"), It gets harder for them to quit. Now keep in mind that Alchohol is a depressant. Once one gets the "buzz", the alchohol's kicked in, doing what it does. Calming, Sedating. Depressing the mind and body. This causes people to think irrational thoughts. Once one has consumed enough alchohol to the state of being drunk, they have depressed their mind so much that the only thing they act on is instinct. (fun fact, once someone gets drunk, they act their genuine self) Then of course there's the aftermath (hangovers), not to mention there is such a thing as alchohol poisoning.

In short, Alchohol is a luxery. We really don't need it. And those of use who do drink alchohol have to remember the consequences that come with overdrinking.

badgerskunk
January 23rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
I prob get hammered like a few times a month. Sometimes I just get sad so I drink, its stupid because I dont even drink socially just when I feel really bad. I know it seems extreme but once my brother deleted my pokemon file and I went into our downstairs bathroom and drank almost an entire bottle of my Dads alchohol. I was sick and threw up but didnt dare to tell anyone. I would never admit to that if this werent an anonymous internet forum.

I drink socially, but I never got "hammered".
Why? because it's stupid and funny sometimes..
Once my friend got drunk and she started calling her mum. Next thing you know, she thinks I'm her mum.
It was funny and scary at the same time (her parents were home XD hehe)

I don't know why y'all are talking about smoking but I'll go with the flow.
I think every person that smokes is a disgusting pig. Enough said :P

I smoke sometimes, not because its cool but because I like how relaxing it makes people look when I see them do it I like the image of a relaxed attitude being able to share an activity and just kick back with friends. I dont like being called a disgusting pig, also my grandmother smoked. Just saying be careful what you wish for? Thanks,

Badger

Cassino
January 24th, 2008, 03:54 PM
On the subject of drinking, smokes, drugs etc. If drugs are banned why arent Ciggarettes?
The government makes a lot of money from the high tax on tobacco.

I like a few alcoholic drinks, but I'm currently underage for my country. Regardless, I'd not drink in excess. I think Dr. Pepper tastes nicer anyway.

... Here's a choice for thought, do I go for no teeth (Dr. Pepper) or no liver (WKD)? Lol.

sims796
January 24th, 2008, 04:01 PM
As said, drink Dr.Pepper in moderation. Too much can kill.

Tentacruel13
January 24th, 2008, 04:22 PM
It's sad how misinformed some people are. I agree with people who do not like to drink it by taste, however, I disagree with those who deem alcohol itself as pure poison.

Drinking alcohol moderately and with responsibility is healthy.

Drinking alcohol in excess is not.

Likewise, drinking water in excess is not healthy either.

So what's the point? Alcohol itself is not bad by default. Only if you drink it recklessly.

Any amount of alcohol isn't good. If you keep drinking samll bits of it here and there you can get addicted and drink even more. In my opinion the only thing alcohol is good for it like those alcohol wipes and stuff. It also is good for Beer Bread, Yum:P.

Fox♠
You're 13, one can would probably knock you off your rocker. Come back when you know what you're talking about and you know, have some experience in drinking.

I constantly drink Ale, love the stuff, especially Hobgoblin.
I don't get hammered much anymore, I used to though, all the time.

Whoever said smokers are dirty pigs better put me in a sty then.
You know, it's not as if we're some form of leper, just because we enjoy the odd smoke. Besides, some of us can't ever quit.

Miss Raichu
;3270244']Never drank, smoked, done any illegal drugs.
lol

Vodka ftw ;3 I'm not a big drinker, I prefer my illegal drugs. But when I do drink Vodka is my drink of choice. That and Bacardi breezers. The Pink ones are the best!

Fox♠
January 24th, 2008, 04:29 PM
For instance:
- It's addictive
- It costs money

Lies. It's not addictive if you have any will power at all. People just become dependant on the good feelings. That's like claiming that jogging is bad because some people are adicted to that.

I've never done anything I don't want to under the influence.

So does driving in the rain, fog, driving fast, being on your cel whilst driving etc.

I've never met an angry drunk who wasn;t angry before

Doesen';t everything cost money now?

Lash
January 24th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Ever since I turned 15, drinks every Saturday night.
I do enjoy hookah after hard days at school.

Fox♠
January 24th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I once drank so much my friend had to carry me home.
That was probably the stupidest amount I've drank, but I';d had about 10 pints, half a litre of vodka, 2 bottles of cider, half a bottle of wine and some Baileys.

Never a good mix, surprised I didn;t get alcohol poisoning.

The funniest time, I had about 12 cans, and streaked through Bungay, but then my friend locked his door, Fox did not approve.

Cassino
January 24th, 2008, 04:44 PM
As said, drink Dr.Pepper in moderation. Too much can kill.
I'd hardly think so... I'm not going to go binging on carbonated drinks either anyway.

Fox♠
January 24th, 2008, 04:50 PM
1: So, you think you can only have fun while drinking?
2: It's obvious you drink to become part of the crew.
You do it because 'everyone who's cool' does it, and you're afraid people won't like you anymore if you don't drink.

People like you just drink to be interesting.
Well, I can tell you your 'awesome new friends' will leave you if you behave like you are. They like you because you drink.

I nearly envie you, infact, I'm glad I don't have to drink to make friends.

What? What are you trying to say? That people he met through drinking will not like him if he stops? You're as naive as a baby then.

I've met roughly..hundreds of people through pubs, parties etc, all whilst I;ve had a few, and I probably see about 15 of them regularly, and talk to the rest whenever I see them, and I've probably only being drunk with them a few times.

sims796
January 24th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Oops, forgot to add :laugh:!

But to be serious, too much of anything can kill.

Foxhound, you are half true. It can indeed make you aggresive. But not addictive. That iis poor willpower, or just alcohol dependants.

Second, Tentacreul, that is untrue, and a childish opinion. That is what Oni meant. You must gather more info.

And Devil was not naive. Maybe he needs a drink to have fun, but to say that we need to drink to be popular, or we need a drink to have fun is indeed sad.

Fox♠
January 24th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Oops, forgot to add :laugh:!

But to be serious, too much of anything can kill.

Foxhound, you are half true. It can indeed make you aggresive. But not addictive. That iis poor willpower, or just alcohol dependants.

Second, Tentacreul, that is untrue, and a childish opinion. That is what Oni meant. You must gather more info.

And Devil was not naive. Maybe he needs a drink to have fun, but to say that we need to drink to be popular, or we need a drink to have fun is indeed sad.

Alcohol enhances the emotion you have when you start drinking. Or at least in most of my pals.

Devil was saying that the other guy needed drink to make friends, which isn't what the first guy said, it;s just Devil's assumption. So I do think he was being naive.

Lucy Lu
January 24th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Omg, I never drink alcohol. Well I did try a little bit of Long Island Iced Tea, Red Wine, and some beer. Not all three at once, but a few of a time in the years. And I got to tell you, it just taste nasty! My throat was on fire when I had a taste...omg. It is totally sick. It tastes like bad medicine!

It is alright to drink, but do it in moderation. There are people dying because of Drunk Driving or have some type of disease from drinking too much.

As for me, I will never drink. Because quite frankly, it is gross. I will stick to my water and juice. XD

Fox♠
January 24th, 2008, 05:07 PM
"It is alright to drink, but do it in moderation. There are people dying because of Drunk Driving or have some type of disease from drinking too much. "

Drink driving isn't alcohol's fault, if you're stupid enough to get behined the wheel after drinking, then you are an awful driver. Not a heavy drinker.

Diseases only come from extreme drinking. So again, unless you're drinking near enough every day, you probably will be fine.

Lucy Lu
January 24th, 2008, 05:15 PM
"It is alright to drink, but do it in moderation. There are people dying because of Drunk Driving or have some type of disease from drinking too much. "

Drink driving isn't alcohol's fault, if you're stupid enough to get behined the wheel after drinking, then you are an awful driver. Not a heavy drinker.

Diseases only come from extreme drinking. So again, unless you're drinking near enough every day, you probably will be fine.

Yeah you got a point there. I didn't think of that. Driving drunk is a big no no, but it only makes you a bad driver. You are right about that.

Oh yeah, I guess if you do drink pretty much everyday then you might be in trouble. A few drinks here and there, you be alright.

Didn't look in the bright picture there. I was looking the way I see it other than some people.

Mrchewy
January 24th, 2008, 06:11 PM
The only alchohol I have is a glass of red wine at night. The reason for this is because it can actually be beneficial to your health (reduces risk of heart disease and other things). Socially, I just drink lots and lots of Diet Coke as opposed to lots and lots of beer :D

Azonic
January 24th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I went to this bar place when I was younger and I took a sip of what I thought was sprite. It was vodka. ._.;;;

It tasted awful. Alchohol tastes awful. Even if it was healthy, I'd throw it into a river.

So no.

I've smoked pot before, but it made me upchuck O_O

January 24th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I went to this bar place when I was younger and I took a sip of what I thought was sprite. It was vodka. ._.;;;

It tasted awful. Alchohol tastes awful. Even if it was healthy, I'd throw it into a river.

So no.

I've smoked pot before, but it made me upchuck O_O

Alcohol is usually disgusting. The only reason to drink alcohol is to get drunk, or get a buzz.

mystletainn
January 24th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I'm drinking in my dorm right now. \o/ First time in three weeks. But doing it in moderation. Always do it in moderation kids.

Tentacruel13
January 25th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I'm drinking in my dorm right now. \o/ First time in three weeks. But doing it in moderation. Always do it in moderation kids.

No one under 21 should be drinking(assuming you are under 21 because you are in a dorm)
and telling kids to drink in moderation is just wrong because kids shouldn't even be drinking.

sims796
January 25th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Sorry to say it like this, but get off your high horse, Tenta. He is old enough to make his own decisions, especially while in college. You will be surprised the sheer number of people who drinks while either in college or in high school.

That was a VERY childish thing to say.

Second, that "Drinking in moderation" comment was obviously a joke. The same way I said DR. Pepper kills.

Shijuukara
January 25th, 2008, 11:54 PM
the occasional wine with dinner.

i hate alcohol.

Burgers Rule
January 28th, 2008, 06:31 PM
He he. I'm not to the age yet, but I've taken sips. Left a bad taste in my mouth, gave me a ten minute headache. Well, at least that means I won't become some drunk hobo sitting on the side of the street yelling at anything that passes.

She-Elf
February 2nd, 2008, 06:53 AM
I don't drink, I don't smoke and I hate partys xD
The most people I know drinks, actually a lot. I will never get drunk, maybe I will drink a little bit someday (No plans), but if I try I will not get drunk.
Alcohol is like poison Oo

BeachBoy
February 2nd, 2008, 07:00 AM
Never drank, smoked, done any illegal drugs...and probably will never do them. I unlike others have to be careful, as I'm allergic to alcohol, when at a new years party I got the wrong drink on complete accident and bad bad results from that one sip. So now, I get my own drinks (pepsi) at parties and stuff so I never get spiked.

No need to ruin my life in it's early stages. So yeah, I won't do it.

Omega Saikon
February 2nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
Well, there was this one time last year during the superbowl... yeah. I think I'll drink a bit again during this years superbowl (tomorrow, the giants'll ruin the patriots' reign)

Arquero
February 2nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
I´ll drink every now and then, if I´ve gone out with friends.. but that´s once every couple of months.. It just depresses me when I hear that my friends in different Universities are drinking every night.. and some of them drinking alone at home...

Not a good habit to get into.. good in moderation.

Phanima
February 2nd, 2008, 01:52 PM
First time I drunk was at one of my friend's going away party, and after one bottle, I was keeling over in the garden. Not exactly the best of nights, since I immediately got a headache and threw up on my friend's flowers (lucky it was night time o0), but I suppose it was an okay experience. At least I found out I can't tolerate any form of liquor early and for some reason, hangovers seem to hit me right after the drink and not the morning after. =3=

Never again buddehs...

XxZer0xX
February 2nd, 2008, 02:38 PM
Dude, I'm 14. I don't drink. And I don't plan on it since it's just like a lot of other addictions. Once you get into it, you can't get out of it for a while unless you have plenty of willpower.

Lokhlan
February 2nd, 2008, 11:39 PM
I'm a social drinker only. If me and a few of my friends plan a get-together or party, I have no issues with getting extremely drunk as long as I'm with people I trust. Otherwise I barely drink or not at all. Especially around people I don't know. I've learned a lot growing up, the hard way in most cases. lol XD

sims796
February 2nd, 2008, 11:50 PM
I'm a social drinker only. If me and a few of my friends plan a get-together or party, I have no issues with getting extremely drunk as long as I'm with people I trust. Otherwise I barely drink or not at all. Especially around people I don't know. I've learned a lot growing up, the hard way in most cases. lol XD

You've bought upp the best point. These kids who say they will never drink, well, they'll learn as they get older.

Imakuni?
February 4th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I used to drink ALOT. And I was into a remarkable amount of other foreign substances. I've been through rehab and I'm much better, its just hard to imagine why anyone would want to put themselves through what I struggled so hard to defeat.

Seriously, if you think of drinking, PM me and I'll share my stories. I guarantee you'll think twice. I'd just post one here, but I doubt their appropriate for public discussion.

Razer302
February 5th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I never drink. i have been offered it a lot of times. But I don't want to drink and turn out like my dad.

thethethethe
February 5th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I've been through rehab and I'm much better, its just hard to imagine why anyone would want to put themselves through what I struggled so hard to defeat.

Rehab??? At the age of 17, wouldn't parents or mates jump in and remind you what you're doing. If you've gone that far at that age...

I only ever, really drink with mates, or at like New Years but even when I do, I don't drink that much. It's just one of those things that you're going to eventually do, but you're just going to have to be able to control yourself.

Amachi
February 5th, 2008, 02:29 AM
I used to drink ALOT. And I was into a remarkable amount of other foreign substances. I've been through rehab and I'm much better, its just hard to imagine why anyone would want to put themselves through what I struggled so hard to defeat.

Seriously, if you think of drinking, PM me and I'll share my stories. I guarantee you'll think twice. I'd just post one here, but I doubt their appropriate for public discussion.
Your experiences sound quite extreme to be honest, and I can only assume it is due to your own lack of responsibility. I don't mean to blame, but obviously if you aren't responsible and you abuse your body, then obviously bad things will happen. Likewise, if you take it slow and look after yourself (cause in the end, no one else will), you should be fine.

I drink occasionally at social gatherings, and I'm always responsible as well, only ever taking a few drinks throughout the evening, never getting myself plastered for the sake of a "good night" (though I sorta plan to on my 18th, cause I can 8D).

thethethethe, who said it's something that you're gonna have to "eventually" do? I don't think people actually care whether or not you drink, and if they do, well that's just immature.

Lo-chan
February 5th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I drank once and didn't like it >> So no, I don't drink XD

Opacus
February 5th, 2008, 06:41 AM
I won't be smokin, but the drinking age over here is very low at only 16. And I love beer, so I certainly be usin this freedom :)
I don't get hammered often though. Takes alot to get me drunk anyway.

MUSION
February 5th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I can't see myself getting drunk. For one, I don't like alcohol. Secondly, I don't like going out socially, especially when it's late (coz I love being at home at that time, plus it's usually freezing even in summer here). The only time I ever go into a pub is when my friend and I go to play pool.

mystletainn
February 5th, 2008, 08:33 AM
No one under 21 should be drinking(assuming you are under 21 because you are in a dorm)
and telling kids to drink in moderation is just wrong because kids shouldn't even be drinking.

Point One: My roommate is 22 and he lives in a dorm. Perhaps I live in an area where the drinking age is 18. You don't know that. Don't make assumptions when you don't know the circumstances. Two, I'm not encouraging anyone to drink. I'm saying that if they decide to drink, it's best to do it in moderation. As I've said before, almost any in excess is bad for you (except for maybe painting or writing or things along those lines). So, yeah, I'm done with that. =P

Imakuni?
February 5th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Your experiences sound quite extreme to be honest, and I can only assume it is due to your own lack of responsibility. I don't mean to blame, but obviously if you aren't responsible and you abuse your body, then obviously bad things will happen. Likewise, if you take it slow and look after yourself (cause in the end, no one else will), you should be fine.

I drink occasionally at social gatherings, and I'm always responsible as well, only ever taking a few drinks throughout the evening, never getting myself plastered for the sake of a "good night" (though I sorta plan to on my 18th, cause I can 8D).

thethethethe, who said it's something that you're gonna have to "eventually" do? I don't think people actually care whether or not you drink, and if they do, well that's just immature.
Thats exactly it. My own lack of responsibility, and, well I hope I can deter people from getting too involved and out of control like I did.

Rainfall
February 5th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I drink...and I get hammered...but on soda pop. D: Oh how terrible!

Nah, I've only had anything like that once when I had a sip of my step moms wine thingy....and I had a taste of beer before but didn't like it.

Arrmegedden
February 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
the dumbest thing a person can do is smoke and who drinks at the age of 12 anyway.

Amachi
February 5th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Thats exactly it. My own lack of responsibility, and, well I hope I can deter people from getting too involved and out of control like I did.
That's actually quite admirable of you, though I think trying to deter others (it sounds so forceful), is not the way to go. Rather, one should offer advice and guidance so that an informed decision can be made on their part.
I drink...and I get hammered...but on soda pop. D: Oh how terrible!

Nah, I've only had anything like that once when I had a sip of my step moms wine thingy....and I had a taste of beer before but didn't like it.
Well what do you expect, beer isn't nice XD

sims796
February 5th, 2008, 05:57 PM
That's one way to deter kids from drinking. My sister gave me a sip when I was eight. It was horrid. That drew me away from it.

BeachBoy
February 5th, 2008, 06:03 PM
That's one way to deter kids from drinking. My sister gave me a sip when I was eight. It was horrid. That drew me away from it.

I agree, i'm glad I got the wrong drink at a party, if I didnt I wouldnt know that Im allergic to alcohol, and what if I went out to a huge party when Im of age or drank a spiked drink. The results would not be pretty at all! I bearly could take that one sip, just imagine an entire spiked drink, makes me shiver.

So basically all of you saying you dont want to drink, dont let your friend or anyone for that maker get your drinks, get off your lazy bum, and get your own punch. ;)

Rai
February 5th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I am completely straight edge :3

I will never take a sip of alcohol, a puff of a cigarette, or take a snort of any kind of drug. I am 100% clean <3

My main reason is because... I have a lot of problems in my life (the main one being evil reincarnated or aka Ocd :|) and I do not want any more problems heading my way x_x

*clean <3*

Imakuni?
February 5th, 2008, 07:06 PM
That's actually quite admirable of you, though I think trying to deter others (it sounds so forceful), is not the way to go. Rather, one should offer advice and guidance so that an informed decision can be made on their part.
The thing is, its so easy to turn one drink into... a lot. It can get out of hand easily.

One night, my first night drinking, I had one beer. then I thought, whats one more... so I had another one, then it turned into 3, 4, 5, 6... etc. I Just kept getting more, not realizing how much I'd already had. Trying to walk home was fun. At one point I must have started sprinting, fell face first into a telephone pole, breaking my nose and my wrist which had been pinned between the ground and my body when I fell. They found me the next day sleeping on my neighbors porch because my key didn't work

El Gofre
February 6th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I drink socially, and never in excess. I do not do it for the fact that it's alcohol, i do it as i enjoy the taste. Its slightly illegal (Im not 18 till may) but studies have shown children who are given tiny amounts when they are younger find it less of a temptation when they are older. I have been brought up in a household where drinking in moderation is enjoyed (Not by my 12 year old brother though, only a sip for him), and we are fine. I honestly believe its in the upbringing. A child whos parents are constantly hammered will think likewise, and mores the pity if they live in an enviroment where alcohol is widely available.

Theres my two-cents on the matter :)

helix
February 7th, 2008, 07:15 AM
I never understood the appeal of alcohol. Sipping it when I was younger, I found it tasting odd, particularly beer. I prefer wine, but honestly, I just don't drink. From hearing tales of hangovers and throwing up, I even have a slight fear of becoming drunk. Go ahead and laugh at me.

Iceman3k
February 7th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Drinking is way below my league of coolness, therefore I choose not to do it. Never done it before either.

Saryka
February 7th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I have had the extremely occasional sip of wine at home with my parents, but I have never drank more than just a sip, nor have I ever been drunk. I don't ever plan to at this age, and I know it's too soon for me to say "I don't ever plan on drinking, even when I become of age." I know quite a few people at my school who party and get drunk quite a bit, and I'd rather lead a different (and healthier) lifestyle from them.

Alakazam17
February 7th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I haven't had alcohol since the day I was born, and I plan to keep it like that. XD

QueenZ
February 8th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I only drink apple juice :D I also don't smoke! :)

Horizon
February 11th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I only have one or two pints of lager once a week. I don't go out with people on Friday nights and get drunk off my face. There's just no point.

I do enjoy sitting back with a nice cold pint infront of the TV on a Friday reflecting a long school week.

I will never smoke. Ever. I may go with the tradition and have a cigar when my child is born, but beyond that, never. I had to sit and watch my Grandfather die of lung and skin cancer because of it. And because I was so young, I didn't understand what death meant until then. Same goes for drugs.

richboybert
February 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM
say what! son i go out atleast once a week and get crunk lmao...lots of dancing of course though!

Virtual Chatot
February 11th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I have an occasional glass of wine, about one every month. I usually get the opportunity when I go with my Stepdad on business trips, and there are open bars and the like at these conferences.

I'll never smoke though, I've seen what it does to people

txteclipse
February 11th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I don't drink at all. I had some unidentified alcoholic beverage when I was younger, and that has deterred me up to this point in that it was mind-shatteringly disgusting.

aarathi
February 14th, 2008, 01:13 AM
I do not like drinking. I also hate drinkers. In my opinion, drinking is dangerous to our health.

DMNT
February 16th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I have never had an alcoholic beverage and do not ever plan to have an alcoholic beverage either.

Guin
February 17th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Drugs are the stupidest things on earth. Very dumb.

flight
February 17th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I never drank in my life. Hopefully I'll never do it. >> It's so..unhealthy, for me that is.

Michii
February 17th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Drugs are the stupidest things on earth. Very dumb.

I never knew that drugs and alcohol were the same thing; very dumb of me.

As for me, I'd never drink in my life. And I'm not just "saying that now," I'm really serious.

Jezebel
February 17th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Nope, I don't need to be hammered on a friday night. I mean I've had alcoholic beverages before but I don't need to indulge. I don't really like the taste of beer anyway and if I'm going to drink it has to taste good!

I've never smoked or done illgeal drugs either, I find it pointless.

Zanacross
February 17th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I never drank in my life. Hopefully I'll never do it. >> It's so..unhealthy, for me that is.

It's healthy if it's in moderation. If you get drunk every night your gonna become ill. A drink once in a while is ok.

Dark Magician
February 17th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I used to but they I stoped. My friends and I always carry cameras with us for memories of our last year in highschool and sometimes we would see pictures and be like "when did we do this" some of us would remeber a little but never the whole thing so we decided that if alcohol was gonna make us lose the memories we were seeking, then alcohol was out.

lonewolfx44
February 25th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I don't like drinking. The most I ever drank was one glass of champagne at my dad's wedding 7-8 years ago when I was 10-11. I think I only have a couple sips of wine on Jewish holidays now (even though I don't care about the holiday nor the wine.)

Kaiora
February 28th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Since I'm only like 14... no.

but when I get older I want to go clubin' with some girls. Oh yeah!

Marx
February 29th, 2008, 11:35 PM
I get plastered every friday night. Except tonight, though.
Let this be known, I do get drunk, and I most likely will post something unintentionally, so forgive me if I do so. D:
AND, I will also give off a fair warning. No one of the opposite sex should PM during this period. :[ rofl

KaniTheri
February 29th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Drinking is fun and all but it's super easy to overdo it. It's really difficult to get a decent moderation thing going when you first start, and before you know it you're hooked. I quit drinking recently, really, and probably won't start again soon.

Rageman
March 1st, 2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah.
I have a horrible hangover ATM, and dog won't shut it.