PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Hola! Konnichiwa! Kumusta!

Wish
January 22nd, 2008, 02:32 PM
(Pardon for the title)

Anyway, I'm not sure if anything like this is open but,

Can you speak other languages?

Me, I speak English, Spanish, Japanese, and Tagalog. *points to title*

I can sorta speak Japanese, but not a lot. Tagalog for me is the easiest to learn. I know the basics of Spanish, so I can sorta speak it. English, I speak most often

Moderators, I'm sorry if there is a thread like this. >.< Please close if you must.

Shiny Umbreon
January 22nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
I speak Spanish (native language), English and French.

I don't really want to learn anything else. Too lazy. =P
I can't even speak my invented languages. XD

Twinx
January 22nd, 2008, 02:38 PM
I speak English, French and Arabic.
I believe it's useful to speak other languages, especially if you travel a lot, although English is international.

There was a thread similar to this, but I think it's dead...

Sammi
January 22nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
I speak English fluently, German like a kid (I've been studying it for... almost four years now?), and I know a few random Japanese words and phrases. And I can count to twenty in Spanish.

I really like learning German, so much that I'm seriously debating making it my major. German class tomorrow~ 8D

Avey
January 22nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Latin, Portugese, French, Irish and English. I get around the globe.

Drakorn
January 22nd, 2008, 02:51 PM
I can only talk in Spanish, German and English. I haven't been taught french or japanese, however a lecturer at college said if I want to learn japanese, he will help me after lessons are finished.

Lo-chan
January 22nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
I can speak English and only English. I am currently learning Japanese. And I like that class alot ^^ I would also like to learn Korean, Italian, and Russian

Aegis
January 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
The only language I can speak and write fluently in is English. But, I know enough German to understand the general message when somebody talks to me in it, responding is a different story though XD And I know small amounts of French and Japanese.

Denuo
January 22nd, 2008, 04:32 PM
I respect people who can, it's quite amazing. Maybe I just don't have the application to learn another language. I used to learn Japanese through school, but since year 8 I didn't pick it back up ;)

Sam

Midnight Beat
January 22nd, 2008, 04:41 PM
I can only speak English, but I'm learning Spanish in school right now.

kidpunk
January 22nd, 2008, 04:47 PM
i used to be able to speak spanish and a little bit of japanese, but i have forgotten everything i have learned =[

Virtual Headache
January 22nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Yes, I can! Learning languages is fun (but also hard). I go kinda crazy whenever I don't understand what people are saying^^

My mother tongue is German and I also speak English (DUH!).
I've learned French and Latin at school, but now that I've been out of school for a while I don't really remember much anymore. I also take Japanese classes in my free time and I actually think my Japanese is better than my French and Latin...never thought that would happen xD
But there are still a lot things I need to learn in Japanese, especially Kanji ;;

If I had enough time, I would try to study as many languages as possible :)

Azonic
January 22nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
French lulz. Yeah.

I liked the blue AAs better

Cloud_85
January 22nd, 2008, 05:12 PM
I speak Spanish (native language), English and French.

I don't really want to learn anything else. Too lazy. =P
I can't even speak my invented languages. XD

The same, we study in the same school so XD. I'm too lazy to learn, I hate French but can talk it. And no, I don't create any languaje, there are better ways to pass the time, right? XD

Sushi.
January 22nd, 2008, 05:33 PM
I can Speak Spanish a little, Japanese a tiny bit and of course English.

Ayano Katagiri
January 22nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
I speak English and Mandarin fluently and a bit of Japanese (since I'm still learning).

Jack O'Neill
January 22nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
The only language I can speak fluently is English. I can understand Spanish and Tagalog; actually speaking those languages is another matter entirely. I've largely forgotten most of my knowledge of the Japanese language.

Sanctuary
January 22nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
I speak English and Vietnamese fluently, but am currently learning Indonesian at school.
I know Japanese, but only what I pick up from anime, so it's not like I can speak a whole sentence in Japanese to a person.

diamondpearl876
January 22nd, 2008, 07:01 PM
I speak English fluently and a little bit of French. :P

Pikabloo
January 23rd, 2008, 12:49 AM
English is the only language I can speak fluently. I'm currently studying French in school, and I can understand Tagalog, but not speak it. Well, I can, but I haven't been able to do so fluently since I moved out of the Philippines years ago. And I know some words in Japanese and Thai, but not much. And most of the words I know in those languages are quite random.

Amoeba
January 23rd, 2008, 01:37 AM
I've never enjoyed learning languages, and tend to forget what I learned pretty quickly, so no. I don't know any other languages - English is the only one.

The only language I was allowed to take in school was French (it was compulsary anyway). I failed because (no offense to those who speak French) I really can't stand the way it sounds, and it annoys me, and I can't get a grasp of it. I would have preferred German, but we weren't allowed to choose. It was simply a case of half the pupils were made to do French, the other half German, and there was no personal choice in the matter.

Binary
January 23rd, 2008, 07:18 AM
I can speak English fluently and also french!
and also my native language which I don't even know the name of XDD!

~C3LEBI

Went
January 23rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
Spanish and English and Latin, but, well, as if I were going to ever use it. I tried learning French in school but I couldn't. Too hard for me.

Olz.
January 23rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
I speak french, Well a bit xP. I'm not feulent, but i'm okay :)

Smarties-chan
January 23rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
I'm fluent in Finnish, English and Swedish and I'm pretty good at German (I've gone through most of the grammar now so it's mostly a matter of extending my vocabulary now) and I can speak really bad French. Yay for me, I can speak five languages! =D (although I honestly don't know if you can actually call my gibberish "French". =P) My favorite foreign language (which includes English, by the way) would probably be German. It's just so awesome, and oddly, I make less mistakes in German than I do in Swedish although I've spoken Swedish all my life. Finnish has always been the dominant one of the two for me. :x

Devil_Silver
January 23rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
I do speak some languages.

I speak Dutch (native language), English, French (a little), and I can understand average Latin.

Ben Kenobi
January 23rd, 2008, 10:05 AM
I'm fluent in English. Can't speak any other language competently enough to consider myself fluent.

Galla
January 23rd, 2008, 10:14 AM
I speak Croatian, English and French. Still studying Spanish so I can speak some of it too! ^-^

Emma
January 23rd, 2008, 01:21 PM
At the moment I'm learning Spanish. I'm pretty good at it, I've been learning it for nearly 4 years now. I've also recently started taking Japanese lessons, so I know only the basic stuff at the moment. XD

kohei
January 24th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Japanese (native) and English (secondary).
I don't even want to remember when I was 3, new in Hong Kong, and couldn't communicate with anybody.

Also some Chinese. Tried French and Spanish but failed badly.

Crystal Clair
January 24th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I'm fluent in English. I also took one year of Spanish so I know how to hablo espanol (speak Spanish), but right now no hablo espanol because I dont like espanol

I'm better in Japanese than I am in Spanish. Chotto Nihongo ga dekiru (I can speak a little Japanese). I actually can type a lot more than speak because I barely get any speech practice because no one in my house wants anything to do with helping me. T_T
I contribute to the Serebiiforums Japanese club with new words, help and kanji tips. So far I probably know 300 or 400+ and surprisingly, a lot of it was very easy to learn
Nihongo ga daisuki node, tanoshii desu - becasue I like the Japanese language, it's fun. (I know I messed up somewhere. Was na supposed to be added after daisuki and before node? @_@)

Nuke
January 24th, 2008, 09:01 AM
English [Native Languague] and a small amount of French.

I am also fluent in Skiiish which is English with my own words in. :D

2.6k Posts. :D

PB
January 24th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I speak English which is my born language. I speak a little french and spanish.

I thought this thread was about saying hello....

Harmony
January 24th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I speak English, English, and more English.. XD;
I'm taking Spanish classes though.. ;D

Ichikool
January 24th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I speak English [native Languague] and a little bit of French.

Cassino
January 24th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I know enough Dutch (NL) to make some sense of Dutch Wikipedia pages, but English (UK) is all I can speak to any plausible level.

pink-tiger
January 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I speak english,spanish,and some words of japanese but not enought to hold a conversation. ^_^

Sheena--Fujibayashi
January 24th, 2008, 11:25 PM
I speak English & I can speak Tagalog since my mom is from the Philippines. My father is Italian, but I can`t speak Italian fluently, just a few words.

AztecSunshine
January 27th, 2008, 02:37 AM
I speak Arabic [Native Languague] and English, although I am better at English then Arabic. >.>

Ryoutarou
January 28th, 2008, 05:03 AM
I speak English and Spanish fluently, I do an okay job with Portuguese, which I guess goes hand in hand with Spanish. I know the slightest bit of Tagalog, thanks to frequenting another forum with a few members that speak it. I all but blow at Japanese in any form that isn't verbal and even then I could stand to know a lot more.

Himawarii
January 28th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Spanish is my native tongue,and I know English cause well,I do xD;
These two languages are pretty much what I usually hear,but I'm eager to learn whatever else I can.~

saphire
January 29th, 2008, 01:02 AM
spanish is the only lenguage that and I am in this forum to learn english

Snivi
January 29th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Nope, English is all I know. I would love to learn Japanese though.

Warheart
January 29th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I was brought up speaking Portuguese in my house, except it's not really portuguese..it's like, the trashy portuguese/spanish variant that only people in my family could understand. xD

Aside from that and English, right now I'm taking latin in school. Latin being..probably the most useless language to learn because no one..has really spoken it for 800 years ._.

Kyoko
January 29th, 2008, 05:35 PM
The language I know fluently is english. However, I learned french in school and I know enough to hold a short conversation :> That, and arabic.

Languages are a lot of fun to learn <3 I would like to be able to speak the two I mentioned more fluently eventually.

Saryka
January 29th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I speak English (it's my native language), and I've been speaking French since I was nine (a Québecois dialect/accent, not a European one). I consider myself fluent in French, although the accent sometimes needs a bit of fine tuning XD Sometimes I can kind of understand a little bit of Spanish, since French and Spanish are very much alike in terms of words and pronunciations.

RYOUKI
February 1st, 2008, 05:54 AM
The only thing I frequently use is: Filipino (Native, oh and btw. Filipino and Tagalog is different, Kuro. ;D) and English (I never used it, until I went in Singapore.)
I know little: Japanese (I can count up to 8), Mandarin (I can speak and understand it.), Spanish (Well, all those days bored and staring at Dora the Explorer really helped me), French (Fantina [The Gym Leader] Made me do it. xD) and a little little bit of Malay (Hello, Singapore is a close to Malaysia.)

So, lemme count how many language I know. yi...er...liang...san...si...wu...liu, yep that's seven.

BeachBoy
February 1st, 2008, 06:15 AM
I'm pure english....well..... I know some french, was really good at it for some time, but not studying it lately I have dropped off there...

I want to learn spanish one day, maybe I should just redo french instead >.<

GrovyleGamer2007
February 1st, 2008, 06:22 AM
I don't entirely know a foreign language, but I do know a few basics of German and Japanese.

Jessie
February 1st, 2008, 07:27 AM
I'm fluent in English, I speak some Spanish (I know enough to hold a conversation) and I know a few Japanese words and phrases, but I can sing an entire song in Japanese. xD Japanese isn't taught at our school...darn them.

Zerrah.
February 1st, 2008, 02:06 PM
I live in America, and was born in America. My great-great-great-great-great grandparents have to had moved here from Italy. I speak English, Chinese and Spanish.

To all those who know Chinese: Ni hao!! Wo ai zhong wen!! Ni ai hui shuo zhong wen, ma?

Karonte
February 2nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
I speak

English (Hello)
Maltese (Bongu)
Spanish (Hola)
A bit of japanese (Konicuwa)

XxZer0xX
February 2nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
I can speak English (Obviously), some Spanish, Japanese, and French. I'm also planning on learning Korean later on.

Kotowari
February 3rd, 2008, 01:02 AM
I speak Dutch Fluently, since it's my native language. I can also speak English very well. French a bit, but I don't like that language very much.
Latin but since it's a dead language I can only read and translate it. XD
I can also speak a little german. I've been studying German for almost 4 years now, but it's still hard. T_T It resembles Dutch a lot, but still...

I can understand a few words of Japanese thanks to Anime, but I don't count that as really knowing a language. -.- Although I want to study it, same for Italian.

kohei
February 3rd, 2008, 01:28 AM
I'm fluent in English. I also took one year of Spanish so I know how to hablo espanol (speak Spanish), but right now no hablo espanol because I dont like espanol

I'm better in Japanese than I am in Spanish. Chotto Nihongo ga dekiru (I can speak a little Japanese). I actually can type a lot more than speak because I barely get any speech practice because no one in my house wants anything to do with helping me. T_T
I contribute to the Serebiiforums Japanese club with new words, help and kanji tips. So far I probably know 300 or 400+ and surprisingly, a lot of it was very easy to learn
Nihongo ga daisuki node, tanoshii desu - becasue I like the Japanese language, it's fun. (I know I messed up somewhere. Was na supposed to be added after daisuki and before node? @_@)
日本語が大好きなので、楽しいです。
So yeah, you missed the 'na'.

She-Elf
February 3rd, 2008, 03:24 AM
I speak norwegian, thats my nativelanguage, I also speak English, a little japanese, swedish, some danish, german, well a few words, I can't really speak german. I also speak some spanish (Not much), nothing more I think xD

Gummy
February 3rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
I speak English(duh0, very little Spanish, mediocre in French, and a bit of Creole (my family is from Haiti).

シーツー
February 3rd, 2008, 11:18 AM
German
English
French
Japanese
Dutch

German is my native language but I guess I can speak English almost fluently.
French is my second native language, if you want, cause my mom's French and so it's an easy one for me.
Japnese, Spanish and Dutch.. well I know a few words xD