PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Argent[The beginning]

Binary
January 23rd, 2008, 07:06 AM
Pokemon Argent!

Introduction:
Yes, its me again with my second hack Pokemon Argent! Get ready for the ultimate sequel of Silver! Yes its not a complete remake..you'll understand later on. And I'm not quitting OS(Orange Sands) Im just doing this in my free time.
Basic info:
Hack name: Pokemon Argent
Hack of: Pokemon Firered
Creator: C3LEBI♥

Story:
So lets begin our adventure....
Your brother Kenta/Gold has been the pokemon league champion...and its 5 years later...
Its been five years...and you are also ready to go on an adventure. Since Team Rocket is no longer....It has been established again, and this time more powerful than ever! Your brother is now a gym leader of a new town(dunno the name yet) and Pryce has retired XD.
So lets start our adventure.....

Features:
- New cities/ routes/ towns and more!
- Probably some D/P pokemon
- A new team( Neo team Rocket!)
- more places to explore
- Get to explore Kanto!
- New graphics and more!
and some more I can't think of......

Team:
Me- scripting, mapping, pallet editing
swampert22- scripting
Mismagnius- OW editing, spriting

Progress report:
working on route 30 ATM

Screenshots:
Coming real soon!

Credits:
Forgotten Memory-rombase

thats all for now............

kebbles
January 23rd, 2008, 07:11 AM
Wow!
I really like the sound of this game Celebi!
I can't wait to see some screenies!
And the story is really good!
Best of luck.

pkmnmaster69
January 23rd, 2008, 07:13 AM
This sounds like a kool hack celebi
Who are we gonna play as in the game since gold is the brother
I sure do hope to see DP pokemon
well good luck with the hack.

Binary
January 23rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
Yes, thanks for the comments...
We're going to play as Gold's/Kenta's brother. It will look similiar to him and abit childish :D
I forgot to add a map:
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd117/Lordfreakalot/newbark.jpg
Its pretty simple ATM I've still got to add the headbutt trees.
later!
EDIT-
Oh damn, theres an error on the map..my bad

~C3LEBI

Alistair
January 23rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
Wow, I am not the only one who thought of the Aurum/Argentum series (Though my remakes were going to be called AurusSky and ArgentSea). Anyway, the basic premise of the game is... basic. You should add more to the storyline to make it a bit more original, rather than the basic, boring, and generic storyline. You should also change the ROM base you are using. Those palettes are a bit of an eyesore.

Oh, and one more suggestion: why don't you use the original GS beta maps? Exploring Johto would be a lot better if it was a little different.

shane2243
January 23rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
just a thought, but maybe you could include some of your own pokemon?
redesign the starters, make the original pokemon prizes for doing certain things in the game, like in yellow, but with all starters from all games? i think including some of your own original pokemon is a cool idea, because you can be more creative with the game, and be more original?

xxx.

Kristian
January 24th, 2008, 02:32 PM
"A new team( Neo team Rocket!)"
"Kenta/Gold has been the pokemon league champion"
I guess you got those ideas from my hack eh?
And i guess you also got that mountain part from my newbark town :p
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/pkmnkristian/newbarktown2.png
anyways, it looks good ;)
Hope to see more screenies soon x)

+Sneasel™
January 24th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Wow, that map looks great!
I think you should use the one Kristain made!

I agree with don patch, on the first map, the pallete gave me a bit of an i sore.

TheKingofKings
January 24th, 2008, 02:47 PM
tbh, its a bit rude that you stole Kristians Idea.

pkmnmaster69
January 24th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Hmmm since your playing as golds brother you could make it the future of johto rather than the same maps as G/S/C the story seems good keep it up.

Twinx
January 24th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Don Patch all the way... I agree with what Don Patch said about the palettes.
Don't use a rombase, do your own pallets and you'll see that it will look a whole lot better.
I really think you should just focus on one hack Celebi, but if you have a lot of free time, then go with it.

Kristian
January 24th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Wow, that map looks great!
I think you should use the one Kristain made!

I agree with don patch, on the first map, the pallete gave me a bit of an i sore.
He can't use my map, since that's gonna be in my hack ;o

+Sneasel™
January 24th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Awww, sorry!

Wait, i thought you quit crecent? Are you making another one (if everyone else knew this before, sorry, i was away for a while)

But, this hack looks good, and it seems you can make it better by chaging the jhoto maps around and stuff.

But i would work on Orange Sands more than this one, i've been waiting for that hack!

TB Pro
January 24th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Awww, sorry!

Wait, i thought you quit crecent? Are you making another one (if everyone else knew this before, sorry, i was away for a while)

But, this hack looks good, and it seems you can make it better by chaging the jhoto maps around and stuff.

But i would work on Orange Sands more than this one, i've been waiting for that hack!

Heh,
I didn't know that either...
Lol!
Btw.
Kristian that map looks amazing!
I only have one complaint,
The Path's Palette is too bright,
It hurt my eyes....X_X.
Lol!
Anyways I agree C3LEBI♥,
I think you should focus on one hack....

Binary
January 25th, 2008, 07:59 AM
tbh, its a bit rude that you stole Kristians Idea.
Umm... that was aI didn't steal Kristians idea, the story is mine. He said I could use Neo TR,
and I didn't know that Kristian was going to make Kenta the champion. Somes it all up

Wow, I am not the only one who thought of the Aurum/Argentum series (Though my remakes were going to be called AurusSky and ArgentSea). Anyway, the basic premise of the game is... basic. You should add more to the storyline to make it a bit more original, rather than the basic, boring, and generic storyline. You should also change the ROM base you are using. Those palettes are a bit of an eyesore.

Oh, and one more suggestion: why don't you use the original GS beta maps? Exploring Johto would be a lot better if it was a little different.
Ok I will add a better storyline because some people think I stole it, which I didn't.
Yes I also think the pallets are not that good, I'm changing them.
And what do you mean by the original GS beta maps?
Anyways Johto is going to be a whole lot different, you will see later...

~C3LEBI

adamb241
January 25th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Awesome map! It looks perfect!