PDA

View Full Version : Are you considered a "nerd" at school?

+Sneasel™
January 24th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Answering honestly, are you considered a nerd at school by other people?

Me, i'm not a nerd, but i'm nowhere near popular, so i'm in the middle.

Merzbau
January 24th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I'm a little off-kilter.

But if you talk to me, you'll think I'm cool.

And I have a lot of friends, however close they may be.

I'll never deny that I'm a tad bit left field though.

Shiny Umbreon
January 24th, 2008, 02:16 PM
If you mean 'nerd' as in not popular, er... I don't know. I think that doesn't apply here. Nobody is like really popular so nobody can't be un-popular either. D:

If you mean as in good grades and everything, yeah, my friends always joke about me having been born knowing everything and that kind of stuff. It's sometimes annoying to have the role of the intelligent man because they notice when I make a mistake. XD

Drakorn
January 24th, 2008, 02:17 PM
No people don't consider me ar a nerd but they say they consider me as smart. I don't know why I'm considered as smart because I do the same work as them but add a bit more information then what average people do.

Cassino
January 24th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I'm no nerd, just a walking dictionary. xD

Azonic
January 24th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Um. No xD

want proof? Just see my last report card <.<

But I'm not popular either. O_o But my friends are [/jealousy]

Chikara
January 24th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I'm not treated like one, but I won't lie. I know I am one.
I'm a science freak, I LOVE learning about space

I'm also a gamer(mainly RPGs), anime otaku(closet thank GOD), and I'm not a computer whiz, but I'm smart enough about them the make my dad feel stupid XD;

Doctor
January 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Nerd? Nothing near that, my science and maths grades are falling as we speak... I'm just a little hyper girl x3
I really know nothing about the strategic parts of Pokémon.

B-Baller
January 24th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I'm a lot of things at school. Nerd (cos people say I'm smart...straight A's FTW), jock (captain of one of our school basketball teams), band geek (rock band, thank you very much) and your all around popular/friendly person (I was in the Student Council).

Yeah. One of my friends always go on about it. "You know, I've never met a smart geek who plays basketball, is in a band, listens to heavy metal, is in the Student Council and is well liked."

Yeah. I love myself. xD

Corazons_girl
January 24th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Am I a nerd?
got straight A's this entire year...
doesn't mean I'm a nerd

Spaekle Oddberry
January 24th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I hang out with a big group of general weirdos, art kids, kinda-sorta 'scene' people I guess but we don't talk to them much, people who fancy themselves /b/tards, and we're a pretty motley crew. Of course, stupid people can't comprehend the concept of some people not fitting in specialized little clique boxes and a lot of us wear black, so we're classified as 'emo' by the masses. That, and some have taken to calling us 'queers', only I live in West Virginia so with the hicks it sounds more like 'kwurrrrz'.

Surprisingly, though, I've never been called a nerd. 'Pocket-protector dork' and 'Smart person', sure, but not 'nerd'.

pink-tiger
January 24th, 2008, 03:09 PM
No,I dont look not act not anything like a nerd!Im normal... not a close at all to nerds. ^_^

Harmony
January 24th, 2008, 04:11 PM
IM LYKE SSSSOOO POPULA
People say I'm popular, but I don't think so. >-<

PunkerThanThou
January 24th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Uh, hells yes. Pretty much everyone at my school is a nerd though, because a lot of people at my school are math freaks. :| Not me. But then again I'm the kind of person who goes bird watching during my free time, so...lolzzz

Degenerate
January 24th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Why do I get the feeling some people would rather have bad grades/report cards than be considered a nerd. XD

I consider myself a bit of nerd (more of a geek though), not in the straight A's super smart kinda way, but more in the geeky type of things I like to do in my pastimes kinda way.

Virtual Chatot
January 24th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I am not a total nerd!

I'm more of a geek...Nerds get good grades, I get B's

Phanima
January 24th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Well, at my school, we had two definitions that relayed closely to what 'nerd' means.

First there was being a 'nerd', which was more like just being an obessesd hobbyist, who did really well in what they liked, but sucked at everything else.

Then there was being a 'geek', which in turn is the meaning of 'nerd' as it's seen in this thread, where you're unpopular-ish but get good grades.

Yeah, so I was semi-nerd, major hobbyist, loved sports and got bad grades. XP

pokejungle
January 24th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Dear all of you, you're answering this on a Pokemon forum. The answer is yes. You're a nerd. Your friends at school just might not know it. Yet.

I'm not a nerd. Of course not.

ClassicRockFan
January 24th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I am not as popular as some of the people I know, but I am definately not a nerd. I have a large social life along with my non-social life.

Fox♠
January 24th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Define Nerd.

If you mean a point dexter who no one likes, then heavens no. I'm massively popular, just check my bebo account or my Myspace.

As in smart? well, I know a lot of stuff, and pretty swift with VGs, so spose so.

Degenerate
January 24th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Define Nerd.

If you mean a point dexter who no one likes, then heavens no. I'm massively popular, just check my bebo account or my Myspace.

As in smart? well, I know a lot of stuff, and pretty swift with VGs, so spose so.

lol well according to FauxCivility, you're a nerd by default just for posting here :P

Natalie♥
January 24th, 2008, 04:59 PM
To my friends, I'm the nerd of the group. I really care about getting good grades, they just want to pass.

Fox♠
January 24th, 2008, 05:14 PM
lol well according to FauxCivility, you're a nerd by default just for posting here :P

Pfft, his logic is flawed, it is made of lies.

pokejungle
January 24th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Pfft, his logic is flawed, it is made of lies.
Mmm, people perceive what they want. I'm sure it's very easy to see how my soundproof logic is flawed to you, simply because you don't want to admit that it may hold truth.

Avey
January 24th, 2008, 06:12 PM
No I am not, I'm quite cool, actually.

greatpuffyfish
January 24th, 2008, 06:30 PM
no iam not im actually popular.... im serious but the side ppl dont see about me is a huge nerd!!!!!!!! no1 knows at my school tht i like pokemon if anyone did i would become a nerd but i hate the preppy kids who pick on the nerds thts y i hang out with everone including nerds but i dont call them nerds there just smart and no1 is really a nerd ya some ppl might be all preppy and have alot of girls/boys after them but smart ppl are going to get farther in life i wish i was smart!!!!! i envy u guys!!! :) :)

diamondpearl876
January 24th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Hmm.

I get really good grades and am going into all honors classes next year, and grades mean a lot. But I don't like being called a nerd for that, though people say I am; I just actually care, unlike them.

I don't act like one, though... One nerd I know talks about computers and things like that 24/7. :\

Rebellious Treecko
January 24th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I like technonolgy and video games and I'm pretty smart, but people don't call me a "nerd" for that.
I'm just very unpopular at my school. I get teased more than anyone else. (figures)

I see the term "nerd" as a compliment sometimes; like you're good at computers and stuff.

TB Pro
January 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Harrgrrtttppppfffttt.....No....Maybe.... Hell yes I am!
I hate it so bad!
Ehh....I've even got the classic nerd look......
Eh I guess I'm destined to be a nerd for the rest of my life.
Oh well,
I guess It's better than being a 'tard!
lol!

Gumball Watterson
January 24th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I am a nerd, in both definitions of unpopular and smart superior

Seriously i am very unpopular in my school because:

I wear glasses
I like Pokemon
I am random
I am a tad overweight( and people 10 times fatter than me aren't minded!)
I am Jim Carrey, maybe overdone a bit
I am smartest but laziest
I ask for pencils every 3 days( or sharpeners)
_____

All that makes me an Arhorribleistic unpopular Nerd, for my grade that is, my fifth grade teacher had me as her class fave and is telling students many of my tales, so to lower grades, i am a king with glasses, not a nerd. But talking reallity in my grade, yes.

pokejungle
January 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM
^ At least the two above posters are honest. Thank you.

Gerri Shin
January 24th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Nerd: an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit: a computer nerd. www.dictionary.com
using that definition s a base I'd have to say both yes and no are my answer.
Yes because I'm crazy over computers and the internet. (also pictures, listening to music, and Specifically Apple compys)
I have had glasses since i was like 13 months
I cannot seem to gain any wieght (except if I eat cafeteria food from my old college, Blechhhh)

No because I am not the smartest. I may be smart in some areas, like computers, but when t comes to stuff like english, science I'm pretty average. Math I'm horrible at.

greatpuffyfish
January 24th, 2008, 08:24 PM
ok ppl on here i dont consider anyof u ppl being nerds i used to get teased not anymore and i hateppl who tease "nerds" so ya pokemon rox oky so if u like pokemon then ur cool to me!!! :)

Cloud_85
January 24th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Mmm, Nerd??? no, I really don't like study alot. But that doesnt mean that I'm a jerk, my grades are in the middle. I'm a kind of smart but not the "all-knowledge guy", only intelligent for some thinks.

But I have some nerd thinks like game a RPG gamer freak, but sometimes. and I wear glasses, but that last one I looks like stupid cause If u think, I'm nerd cause I have glasses, It's an stereotipical think that makes me so angry.

And, Why to be in a pokemon forum u have to be nerd, it's other think that I don understand, The stereotypes are so annoying.

Idiot!
January 24th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I am not a nerd. I am an example of jack of all trades, king of nothing.

Here, we don't label people as nerds, because we found a better substitute word: smart. And we don't like using our memory cells to remember labels like goths and such.

Sheena--Fujibayashi
January 24th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I really care about my academics, but I hate doing homework. So honesly, I get good grades but I hate doing homework.

Warheart
January 25th, 2008, 06:10 AM
..My grades suck, if that's what being a 'nerd' refers to, so..no xD

Otherwise, I'm fairly popular at school considering the fact that my highschool only has like, maybe 400 people in it XD;

Hell yeah I am. Dude, look at me..right now. I'm in the back of math class blowing off my work, hanging on a pokemon forum. I'm a complete nerd xD

I don't look like what you would imagine a nerd to be like, I'm fairly athletic and have an active social life, and none of my friends see me as one, but the fact that I'm even here right now labels me as one completely xD

Smarties-chan
January 25th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Depends on what you mean by "Nerd". If a nerd is defined based on grades, yes, I would be considered one as most of my grades are above average. If by nerd, you mean an intelligent social reject, then I still wouldn't be considered a nerd. I'm by no means popular - quite many people have tried making fun of me for one reason or another, but most people learn to keep their mouth shut after being verbally pwned by me so that's no real problem. =P I'm popular among the people I want to be around anyway so I don't mind.

Olz.
January 25th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Well on what Smarties said. I think yea, i am. I'm not very popular. My Grades are above adverage. And i'm bullied at school, So yes i guess i am :D

747Jason747
January 25th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Nah i play Rugby do swimming and have a Girlfriend so im considerd one of the Jocks.My grades are above average so no im not one of the nerds.

Shiraishi
January 25th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I am since my school has a bunch of stereotypical failures.

Midori Chi
January 25th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Classmates call me "the smart girl" but not a nerd. XD

pink-tiger
January 25th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Classmates call me "the smart girl" but not a nerd. XD

sure your not! ^_^ Kidding (midoris my BFF IRL)

AztecSunshine
January 26th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Hell yeah!-
I mean, ofcourse I am nerd, I bree Guppies, I get grades some people in my class can't even dream of getting, I get bullied so very little, but get bullied any way.
so yes, I am a good nerd, although most people don't know about all of the other things I am interested in, most of them are animals and plants.

.-.

Loki
January 26th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Haaa, I'm the type of person who would rather take notes during lunch than eat or hang out with friends, and I didn't go out to recess even once during my last year in middle school, and instead stayed inside to do extra practice in math or science. Does that say anything? xD

Although in terms of friends and stuff, I'm not the friendless nerd who has no social skills whatsoever. I'm just not the social butterfly who's friends with everyone. xD;; And when it comes to getting bullied, I'd say I'm the bully, not the bullied. I can be pretty crude with my words, I guess. (And I live by the 'hate-me-hate-you' kind of motto so I don't usually care what the bullied person thinks of me. xDD)

pkmnmaster69
January 26th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Hmmm im between unpopuler to popular i used to be a nerd at class but when i started to get into trouble i became in the middle.
If you mean by good grades then i mostly get good grades and only a couple of fails that needs improving.

Tr@ce
January 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Haha, no. Sometimes I wish I was, though... so I could be smart...

Ayano Katagiri
January 27th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Seeing as the term "nerd" is so commonly thrown out as a tag here for such little pointless reasons (like if you happen to do well in a test; like reading, games or anime), it's a bit hard for to escape being called a nerd by the so-called "cool people".
Anyhu... I get pretty good grades (was 2nd place overall last year), and like games/anime etc... so yes, I guess I do get called a nerd at school but I just ignore them.

Zorua
January 27th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Ha. It really depends on the person you are, to be honest. Whether you would classify me as a nerd or not entirely depends on your view on my personality.

See, I get decent grades. Some are better than others(obviously) However, at the classes that I do excel at, people usually classify me as a nerd in that selected field. Usually I dont mind, cause they're just trying to be either annoying, pesky, or just joking around.

But all in all, it just really depends. I haven't been called a nerd in a really long time though, so no.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
January 27th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Nope. I usually keep to myself unless one of my friends is in my class. Easy to forget I'm there...like a ninja...xD

PokéPunk
January 27th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I would consider my self a "nerd", I play World of Warcraft, Pokemon, watch GiTS, love RPG's. But people who know don't really realize it because of how I pull it off. There's something about roleplaying in a Marilyn Manson shirt that make people see past it. That, and the whole "don't give a" attitude helps a bit.

GrovyleGamer2007
January 27th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I would consider myself to be a nerd. But I'm so much of an outcast people don't bother.

22sa
January 28th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Oh no, I look like the Devil

Sonido
January 28th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah, im the smart one in my school. My friends are all kind of nerds but i'm the smartest, they are kind of like games nerds. I love Science and Maths, the best subjects in the world.

Himawarii
January 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I'm not a nerd,unless you count being anime/computer obsessed nerdy xDD;
Not super nerdy nor super dumb is what I consider myself~
I'm treated fairly well by people of all kinds at school though,so even if I was,I wouldn't really be made fun of,or overlooked ;3

Saryka
January 29th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I'm a nerd, but I'm not an outcast. xD I actually fit into my group of friends because I'm the most technologically-savvy out of most of them. ^^

THEROGE12
January 29th, 2008, 09:33 PM
IM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO NERD WITH GUYS,I HAVE MY FRIENDS AT SCHOOL BUT FOR THE GIRLS IM A NERD

Denuo
January 29th, 2008, 09:35 PM
About half-half here, more leaning towards the nerd side. I'm proud of it. I tell popular kids I play pokemon just for a laugh.

People care too much, seriously ;)

Sam

saphire
January 30th, 2008, 01:53 AM
my friends are nerds and emo

Mr. Sanders
January 30th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Kids at my school say I'm a:

Artistic genious
Maths expert
Computer wiz
Dictionary on legs
Pokemon expert
Master hacker
Etc.

I can no longer walk through the 'play'ground without grade 3, 4, 5, and 6 students asking me;

How do I draw this?
This Algebra sum, how do you do it?
How do I install this?
What does 'Nostalgia' mean?
Where do I catch Pikachu?
How do I edit the May sprite?
Etc.

Some kids at my school call me a nerd, but these are the sort of people who say 'Um' a million times in a 9 word sentence then tell a joke that nobody really likes.

I'd call myself a 'mental-stimulation enthusiast' but some would call me a nerd. Yes.

Lady Nicole
January 31st, 2008, 12:15 AM
Yes, I am a nerd. I admit it. I mean, c'mon... 10 hours of maths and 6 hours of physics a week... on top of that I play Pokemon. Nuff said really.

BeachBoy
January 31st, 2008, 12:23 AM
Back at my old school, I was extremely popular, why....well I guess baseball captian does that to ya :D
So yeah, i was popular, still got B average.

yet, im in virtual school now (online) and I moved to florida, so my status now is....well zero *sigh* and just becuase I like pokemon, in my eyes, doesn't classify me as a 'nerd'. When it is a game, like any other hardcore one, halo 3, FF...etc etc. Idk, depends on the point of view when saying 'nerd'.

destinedjagold
January 31st, 2008, 12:46 AM
I would care less if I'm a nerd or not. I love what I love, and peple won't make me like stuff I don't like and they won't make me dislike what I like! :D

So yeah, inside, I am a nerd, but physically... Uh... :\
They say (my friends) that I am VERY serious-looking guy who is unapproachable and evil! :D

Makes me laugh everytime I hear that. :)

Lumine
January 31st, 2008, 01:16 AM
I was an average student back at school, but now I'm getting nerdy >.<

ChildishEnvyx3
January 31st, 2008, 01:35 AM
I'm not actually IN school anymore, but when I was I was classed as a nerd/geek. Which is fine by me. Nerds/geeks are the cutest, nicest people you'd ever hope to meet so yep. Rubber stamp of approval :P

scienceboy
February 3rd, 2008, 08:47 PM
<- the biggest nerd in school
also, according to other people, the third smartest kid to have ever attended this school. i met the first smartest and ... O_O
but yes, i am a nerd, and i am proud of it
another thing, look at my username. would i choose that if i wasn't anerd?

Tangerine Fox
February 3rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
I am, according to my dad, a nerd. Which he thinks is a good thing, since he never really connected the word with social ineptitude, and only intelligence.

I suppose I'm a nerd. I know I'm nerdier than most of my friends and even when I'm spazzy, I tend to think things out more than they do.

Razer302
February 4th, 2008, 01:20 AM
I am considered to be quite nerdy. But personally I don't think I try hard enough to be one.

Roronoa Zolo
February 4th, 2008, 04:42 AM
im never know as a nerd --> my teacher hates me >.< i mostly get C's and B's

Binary
February 4th, 2008, 07:30 AM
No I'am not considered a nerd,
But atleast I think I'm not.....
Ok I admit it, I'am a nerd
Not much popular but you can call me popular XD

~C3LEBI

Gummy
February 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I go to one of the top schools in Brooklyn, so I guess we're all nerds. But I guess you could catergorize me as one of the "cool nerds". I'm fairly well-known around the school, mostly by fellow sophomores and some juniors.

Rai
February 5th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I don't know what I would be considered, but I am definitely not what you'd call "popular." Yes, I have a decent amount of friends and a lot of people seem to like me, but I am about as different as it gets at my school. But... I guess you could call me a nerd because I love reading, writing and literature in general <3 Right now I am reading a book that's all about the rules of punctuation 8D *shot*

Ramsie
February 5th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I think I'm very intelligent and am one of the few people at my school who actually care about learning (or at least tolerate the idea of it). I am taking all teh advanced classes I can take and have good grades in them. Last time I checked I was tied for number one in class rank with a four other people. I actually prefer the word "geek" as opposed to "nerd" so I consider myself more of a "geek" than nerd.
I fit some of the qualities of a nerd/geek. I am smart, as previously stated. I am very bad at sports and am sort of antisocial. Of course, my school is fairly small so people know who I am and either consider me strange or accept me as different and seem okay with taht. I'm not really bullied and am fairly accepted in my group.

So, to sum it all up, yes, I am a nerd. Or at least I consider myself one.

Star Girl
February 6th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Depends at my new school I would definately be considered a nerd. At my old school that I recently had to transfer from I was just one of the crowd since it was a technology based school. Thus we did not have the normal lines that deffine the groups.

Embrace
February 6th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Tch... In most parts of England we don't have nerds, or goths or blah blah bleh. We just have gay. Your gay this, your gay that most of the time your not. But what really ticks me off is the fact that their is obviously something wrong with being gay.

Suki
February 6th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah I'm considered quite nerdy as I seem to always do my work and get good grades and stuff. I'm not that bothered though.

Karonte
February 6th, 2008, 11:53 AM
People call me a nerd but one prob everyone "Im not good in school!!!"

pyro903
February 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
i'd probably be considered a nerd, i have no social life but I have lots of freinds, and I don't wear glasses and read books if thats what you mean.
ona a scale of 1 being a complete nerd and 10 being actualy cool. i'd be about 3

ps Ive never revised for a test in my life and get A's all the time

♥~*Abby*~♥
February 6th, 2008, 02:59 PM
No, I'm more of a "nobody" according to them mean kids.