PDA

View Full Version : PokèCorrupt [PG16ish]

Miss Raichu
January 24th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Disclaimer
The Pokemon Company own all Pokemon characters and ideas.
Miss Raichu is the owner of all non-nintendo made art, story lines and original characters. All other characters are owned by their creator. No one may use any pictures, story concepts or character concepts under any circumstances!
If you do not agree to these terms then leave now.
Thank you.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc233/Cefferis/banner.png

PokèCorrupt Discussion and OOC Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3281931#post3281931)

Announcement
2.5.2008 - I've added a brief review of the story so far, and information relating to PokeBalls/Pokemon Storage and your Pokedex. Please look it over when you have a chance.
2.5.2008 - ATTN ALL POTENTIAL SUPPORTING CHARACTERS: I have changed the way you sign up to become a supporting character. Please check the Supporting Character part of the first post for further information. Thanks!
2.3.2008 - If anyone is interested in making sense of my confusing ranting, I added a section in the plot about how gyms and the World Tournament runs. You guys really don't have to worry about it, it will be explained better when it finally takes place.
2.2.2008 - Someone asked me about what kind of attacks a Pokemon can learn, so I added my official say on the matter to the Pokemon expectations.
2.1.2008 - I've added some notes on two subjects. Romance and activity. I expect everyone to read them over. Thank you.
1.28.2008 - I expect everyone to at the very least have made their first post by tomorrow. Not trying to be mean, but I want to keep this RP active. Thanks guys!
1.27.2008 - I put up a very lame banner. But you can see the original sprite art I based my pixel art off of for the Characters. Enjoy!
1.26.2008 - Our role play has officially begun! Congratulations to all those who where accepted as main characters.
1.26.2008 - I've updated the link to the map. I did not realize it was such terrible quality. Sorry everyone, if you're still confused about the location I suggest you look it over.
1.26.2008 - All but one main character slot has been filled. We just need Someone to be Sarah and then we can begin.

The Back Story

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc233/Cefferis/pokecare.png
PokeCare is the leading(only) Pokemon Trainer Registration Company. They own all of Trovita Island, which has been recently transformed into a massive compound.
Young kids over the age of 13 are welcome to register with PokeCare. All the potential trainers must take a Written test and then a Field test. With the successful completion of both they are given a choice of starting Pokemon, and a License. The License is stored on their own personal Pokedex (http://pokevicemon.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/pokedex.jpg) (They look like Nintendo DS ~ so cute!) All registered trainers are allowed to carry six Pokemon on them at a time, the rest are transfered back to the PokeCare compound and can be retrieved at any time by using a trainers Pokedex. All Pokemon related services are offered to registered trainers completely free of charge on the condition they wear the PokeCare logo. Supplies however still must be paid for.

PokeCenters no longer exist. They are now PokeCare Centers, which are owned and ran by PokeCare employees. They provide free beds and meals for any registered trainer. As well has a free Pokemon health care service.

The manufacturing and retail of all Pokemon accessories (Pokeballs, Potions, Pokefood, etc) is controlled by PokeCare.

All previous Gym leaders and Pokemon leagues have been disbanded and have been replaced with PokeCare Gyms and the PokeCare World Tournament.
Much like the Pokemon League, the PokeCare World Tournament is a event that trainers everywhere aspire to be in. Collecting 8 badges from official PokeCare Gyms will give you the minimum requirements to qualify for the World Tournament.
The winner of the World Tournament will live forever in memory as their name and Pokemon will be entered into the Hall of Fame.
Pokemon Contests also are now run by PokeCare.

(Here (http://pmr.okinawa-connection.com/images/map.png) is a massive map of the Pokemon world. Our adveture begins on Madarin Island South, and the home of the PokeCare compound is off the west coast of the island. Just so everyone is clear ;3)

As for our young trainers, they have all just received their starting Pokemon and Poketch, they are waiting on a small motor boat owned by PokeCare at the docks of Madarin Island South, the home of all five trainers. They are waiting for the boat to take them out to Kanto, to start their own adventure.

And this is how the story begins.
The Story So Far...
POINT FORM FTW
-Kassandra arrives on the boat.
-Derek arrives on the boat.
-Erin arrives on the boat.
-Sarah arrives on the boat.
-Nathaniel arrives on the boat. Late D:<
-The trainers receive their backpacks, which include their PokeWatch's and starter Pokemon.
-Kassandra's starter is reviled as a male Pikachu.
-Derek's starter is reviled as a female Charmander.
-Erin's starter is reviled as a female Nidoran.
-Sarah's starter is reviled as a male Teddiursa.
-Nathaniel's starter is reviled as a male Squirtle.
-Kassandra over-hears the sailor arguing with someone, moments later the sailor is murdered.
-The un-piloted ship veers towards an island coast.
- Kassandra jumps from the ship.
- Erin jumps from the ship.
- Derek jumps from the ship.
- Nathaniel and Sarah jump from the ship together.
- Kassandra falls through the beach, into a cavern below.
- Nathaniel and Sarah forgot to grab their bags from the ship before jumping, now there bags are somewhere near the ship wreck.
- Nathaniel finds a purple colored bag, which belongs to none of the current trainers.
- Derek falls into the hole in the ground while trying to help Kassandra.
- Kassandra finds a injured unidentified Pokemon in the cave. It's to dark for her to say for sure, but she believes it to be a Paras.
- Derek uses Charmander's tail to light up the cave and find a small exit path which is covered with lose rocks.
- Kassandra and Derek find an exit from the cave.
- Kassandra unveils the Pokemon she found, and finds out it's a Kabuto.

In-detail Plot Information

\/ Read more about the details of the way the World Tournament and Pokemon Gyms are organized \/
Warning: The following is very badly written by me D: It might be hard to understand, but don't worry! No one is asking you to understand!
Pokemon Gyms are placed all through out the world. Hundreds of different types of Pokemon Gyms exist. Each Pokemon Gym varies from every other Pokemon Gym in two main ways; the strength of the Pokemon and the type of Pokemon specialized in. Each Gym will one Gym Leaders and the chance of multiple apprentices. It is the trainer applying for Gym Leader status that must take care of acquiring the building or location the Gym is in. So Gym's also physically vary. The only requirement is for there to be a standard size arena. All PokeCare standardized area's must be 15x30 feet.

After a trainer meets this requirement they can apply to get a Gym license. If the application is approved the gym leaders will take two tests. A written test, which is by the way far harder then the trainer license test xP. And a field test, which is just as hard as the written test. If the applicant passes both tests their trainer license is upgraded to Gym Leader status. They now have the right to issue a 'badge' to any trainers with in their skill level to defeat them. Meaning that if a trainer with a very experienced team tries to get an easy win off a weaker gym, they will not be awarded a badge. Physical badges where phased out with the take over of PokeCare. All 'badges' are now transfered to a trainers PokeDex via the Gym Leaders PokeDex and are stored electronically on the trainers PokeDex.

Once a trainer collects a minimum of eight badges the trainer may enter a World Tournament. However a trainer can only use one set of eight badges to enter one World Tournament one time. If they desire to enter another World Tournament they must collect another set of eight badges.

The World Tournament is always held in the Indigo plateau, and it's held every six months. The entire Tournament typically lasts a week Only thirty-two trainers may register for a Tournament, everyone who is left out must register for the next tournament. Each trainer is assigned a number between one and thirty-two, in order of how they registered. The first person to register gets the number one, the last gets number thirty-two. Every two hours a match is held between the times of 8am to 10pm, the next trainers to battle are picked at the beginning of the previous match, the first trainers are picked at 6am that morning and the last trainers are picked at 8pm(having the final match of the night at 10pm) Besides the tournament battles there are many activities that take place during the World Tournament. Three large hotels surround the plateau, and there is a massive convention center built next to the even more massive stadium in which the World Tournament takes place. During the off hours of the World Tournament battles, spectators would flood either the hotel resorts or the convention center to attend events like parties, get together, sales floors, trading centers, information seminars, etc.

In all battles up until the Finals, trainers can choose 3 of their 6 Pokemon to battle. The three must be choose ahead of the battle.

In order to choose which trainers battle, a giant lottery ball raffle machine(which is on display in the main hall of the stadium ) contains the numbers one to thirty-two. Two hours before each battle they draw two balls. Those balls are removed from the lottery machine and the trainers who's names correspond with those numbers are the lucky ones to get to participate in the upcoming match. Moments before their match begins they choose the next trainers to battle in two hours.

Each trainer has two chances. No trainer may face an opposing trainer twice, unless there are no other available trainers. If two trainers that have already battled are drawn from the lotto, they re-draw. If they loss two rounds they're out. In each Round every trainer is given the chance to battle, so that first Round always takes 16 battles, and always takes two days. After every trainer has had a chance to battle they move to the next round. The next round will always have 16 battles and always take two day. After round two however, it is unpredictable. All those with a current score of two losses are removed from the tournament and their lotto balls removed. With the start of round three the remaining trainers are paired up and battle it out, just like before. The slow elimination process can take up to a week. In the Semi-Finals the last four trainers battle each other. The Semi-Finals battles are always held at noon, the last four trainers are randomly assigned the numbers one through four. Trainer one and two battle first, followed immediately by trainers three and four. The next day at noon exactly trainers one and four battle, followed by trainers two and three.

Typically by the end of the second day two trainers would be eliminated, if not then a third day of the Semi-Finals will begin and one of the two things will happen:
If all four trainers are tied they will enter a four-way-free-for-all. The final two trainers standing will go on to the finals.
If only one trainer was eliminated then the two tied trainers would battle, the winner would go on to the finals.

The finals are held the following day in at noon. The two final trainers have a a six on six Pokemon battle, the winner of the battle at this point is entered into the Hall of Fame and crowned the victor. However one final battle will proceed after this. At midnight, on the night of the finals, the victor trainer from this year will battle the veteran Pokemon World Champion in a six on six battle. If the new winner beats the veteran he is given the place of World Champion, and must attempt to battle the next winner in six months. If the veteran World Champion wins, he keeps his title of World Champion until the next victor challenges him in the next Tournament. Quickly following the final battle is the closing ceremonies, which is a massive party to celebrate Pokemon

\/ Read more about the details of the way the PokeBalls, Pokemon Storage and the Pokedex works. \/
Warning: I don't claim to understand the way the anime/movies/manga or game portray Pokeballs, Pokemon Storage or the Pokedex. I am only claiming to understand how PokeCare's stuff works. It could be the same and it could be completely different. This is just my version of how it works in this Roleplay.
PokeBalls
The PokeCare PokeBall system is very simple. A PokeBall is essentially a teleporter. The red beam that materializes around your Pokemon is the teleportation beam, it engulfs the Pokemon and instantly teleports them to a holding facility. If the Pokemon you return is in your party, then they will be kept in a state of suspended animation until you call them out again. If a Pokemon is sent into storage when it is teleported to the containment center it will be free to roam around in a simulated environment. When you attempt to capture a Pokemon for the first time or return an angered Pokemon it may fail because to much struggling will cause the teleportation to be unsuccessful. The moment a new Pokemon is teleported to the containment center they are given an ID that is matched to your trainer ID and to that Pokemons DNA. This information is instantly registered to the trainers Pokedex and will always prove that this Pokemon belongs to you. Already registered Pokemon can not be teleported by anything other then there registered PokeBall. If a Pokeball somehow breaks you must take your Pokemon to the nearest PokeCare service center and have it re-assigned.

Pokemon Storage
PC's have been phased out with the take over of PokeCare. Now all Pokemon trading and storage are done Via a trainers PokeDex. When a Pokemon that is not in the trainers main party is sent to storage, the Pokemon is released into a massive simulated environment, free to interact with other Pokemon and it's habitat. All Pokemon are stored in the massive PokeCare facility located on the entirety of Trovita Island. On which there are hundreds of different rooms with real landscapes and foliage in which the Pokemon will be most comfortable in. All rooms are 100% safe and monitored 24/7.

PokeDex
Upon successful registration a trainer is provided with a PokeDex. First and for most the Pokedex is a digital encyclopedia with all known information about all known Pokemon categorized into it. Simply pointing the PokeDex at a Pokemon is enough for it to scan the Pokemon and find it's entry.
This PokeDex is also the trainers ID, and will be used constantly in their everyday activities. Each trainer that is registered is given an eight digit ID number, this is a unique number that is associated with the trainers DNA and can always be used to prove who that trainer is. Besides identification the PokeDex has a wide range of useful features, such as access to the storage system. When a trainer captures more then their allowed party Pokemon limit the excess Pokemon are sent to Storage(explained above) In order to exchange the party Pokemon with the Storage Pokemon, all a trainer has to do is activate the Storage function on his/her Pokedex and select which Pokemon he/she wants to trade. Once they've selected which Pokemon they want to trade, they place the party Pokemon's PokeBall that they are replacing on the bottom screen of the Pokedex. The PokeDex will quickly scan it then teleport the Pokeball back to storage and replace the Pokeball with that of the switched Pokemon.
Another important function of the PokeDex is the credit tally. PokeCare sponsors all of it's registered trainers and rewards Pokemon related activities with credits. These credits are redeemable at all PokeCare facilities and are used as a PokeCare currency. Credits can be traded in for vital supplies and other things a trainer may need.
My Expectations (Please Read)
I really hope I don't come off as an elitist, but I'd really love if this Roleplay ran smoothly. So here is a short list of my Expectations for you; the player.

Pokemon
As far as the Pokemon the characters own and capture, that's going to be for the most part up to you. I do have a few rules.
1. No, you're not going to catch every legendary Pokemon. I'm more or less going to try and run this roleplay by the anime's standards. By the end I hope everyone gets ONE legendary. But that's not for a LONG time.
2. You're Pokemon are NOT super powerful all the time. Losing can be just as fun as winning. You don't need to have the strongest Pokemon of all time. That's just lame.
3. You can't catch every Pokemon, everywhere. You're not going to see a Ponyta on the peak of a ice-capped mountain. Let's use some common sense.
4. You can't change your starting Pokemon. Sorry, they fit into a story line. But you can give them a nickname!
5. We are going by the Anime's standards, so that means that Pokemon don't have levels and they don't have to have a nature picked out from a list, they can behave however they want to.
6. As your Pokemon grow they will learn new attacks. Obviously Kassandra's Pikachu is not going to know Thunder right off the from the beginning. It will take a very long time for her Pokemon to master that skill. No you don't have to only use four attacks. Anything your Pokemon learns over their lifetime they can use again (in most cases) but lets be fair about how fast they learn and what attacks they learn. This does not have to go exact to the game. But a Pikachu can't use Hydro pump, but it may be able to use bite, which wouldn't be a typical Pikachu attack. Let's just try to use our best sense in this and we should be fine.
7. Most Pokemon wont evolve after one battle. I know you want to have the best Pokemon, but they take along time to train. I hate to keep beating this dead horse but really this is the best way to make this roleplay decent; please use common sense.
8. Someone asked me about what kind of moves your Pokemon learn, so here is the final say on this. Lets say you have a Glaceon (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/471.shtml) (Just using it as an example only because there is a tab with it's Serebii Pokedex entry already open on my computer)
And it's around level 45.
Through out it's life it would have learned the following moves, Tackle, Tail whip, helping hand, sand-attack, icy wind, quick attack, bite, ice shard and ice fang. It can use all moves it's ever naturally learned, going by the rough outline the game gives us.
Now this is the fun part; you get to decide what compatible TM/HM moves it learns. You have to be reasonable with this, don't make it learn every move. It wont be fun that way. Just keep it fair!
9. I've thought about what Pokemon everyone should catch next, how ever this is not written in stone and is more of an idea. However I'd love if Nathaniel would still catch his. I think it would make a very good addition to his character.
Kassandra: Sandshrew
Erin: Pidgy
Sarah: Oddish
Derek: Magikarp
Nathaniel: Cubone Characters
1. If you're using one of the main characters, please try and stick to the basic personality traits they have. Sarah being a girly girl, probably wont be too thrilled to capture her own caterpie. You certainly have freedom to do what you want with the character, but lets try to keep them to the basic character outline please.
2. Your character will not always win. Your character will not always have pockets full of money. Your character is not god. Please understand this.
3. Try to not always put yourself in the center of the story line, try to take turns.

General
1. Please be semi-literate. I don't want to read twenty paragraphs about how your characters hair blows in the wind, nor do I want to read "Go charmander" *charmander attacks* *he hits* Lets keep it to a decent middle.
2. I'm not really that strict about things. I have a very, very, VERY loose storyline I want to follow. But besides that it's all up to you guys!

Romance
At this current point in the role play, the main characters are thirteen years old! Now I understand that kids nowadays grow up twice as fast as when I grew up, but lets be reasonable. The main characters lived in an easy, laid back, island lifestyle. Thirteen year olds in that environment would never be thinking about getting a boyfriend or having sex, or anything like thirteen year olds in real life think about. They'd be thinking about having fun and training Pokemon. So I really hope that not all of you hook up with each other in the first tens posts, It would just be disappointing.

Activity
I'm not asking a lot, just that you keep up with the amount of posts I make. That's it. Now I understand that life and school and writers block and whatever else gets in the way, I really do. But that's no excuse to never post. If you don't post then you're just slowing down the story for everyone else who wants to post. And that's really unfair. If you as main character don't believe you can keep up to my posting standards, I'd like it if you'd step down as a main character. So that I may get someone who will be active to do it.

The Main Characters

(If you're applying to be one of the pre-made characters, please fill out all of the blanks and leave everything that was already filled in alone ;3 I know it's tough to play someone else's character, but I think it's a pretty dynamic group, and should be left that way! Oh and as far as what we need to know about your Pokemon, well all I really care about putting up here is their species, gender and nickname. )

Kassandra
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc233/Cefferis/KassandraPC.png
Played by: Miss Raichu
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Smart, determined, bitter
PokeCare written exam score: 100%
PokeCare field exam score: 75%
Birth Place: Madrian Island South
History: Kassandra lived with her father on Madrian Island South for most of her life. Her father was a scientist and worked for PokeCare when it was just a very small research company. When Kassandra was 10 she was sent to a Pokemon Boarding school, where she was taught all about Pokemon and how to prepare herself for when she went out on her own journey. She graduated top of her class on her 13th Birthday. The next day she proudly went to take her license test, and passed it with flying colors thanks to the knowledge she had learned in Boarding school.
Main goal in life: Become a certified Pokemon Breeder.
Starting Pokemon
Pikachu http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/male.png
Pokemon 2
N/A
Pokemon 3
N/A
Pokemon 4
N/A
Pokemon 5
N/A
Pokemon 6
N/A
Extra Pokemon
N/A
Pokemon in Storage
N/A
Pokedex Color: Orange
Trainer ID: 83787348:03

Nathaneil
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc233/Cefferis/JosephPC.png
Played by: Oni Raichu
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Courages, strong leader, energetic
PokeCare written exam score: 84%
PokeCare field exam score: 87%
History: Nathaniel was born into poverty on the surburbs of Manderine Island. He didn't have much as a child, was constantly underfed by his family that consisted of his mom, dad and sister. He was smart though, he knew that if he went to the police, he could easily get himself into an orphanage. He didn't, because he felt that if he did so, he would be giving up on himself. Nathaniel always knew he could become something more than he was, and he was determined to prove it, if not to the world, then to himself. He stayed with his family until he found PokeCare
Main goal in life: To be noticed and to be trusted.
Starting Pokemon
Squirtle http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/male.png
Pokemon 2
N/A
Pokemon 3
N/A
Pokemon 4
N/A
Pokemon 5
N/A
Pokemon 6
N/A
Extra Pokemon
N/A
Pokemon in Storage
N/A
Pokedex Color: White
Trainer ID: 83787348:04

Erin
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc233/Cefferis/ErinPC.png
Played by: Star Girl
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Tough, ambitious, tomboy
PokeCare written exam score: 75%
PokeCare field exam score: 90%
History: She grew up hanging out with the boys mostly much to her mother's displeasure. Her father usually works long hour leaving her Mom to take care of her mostly. Her mother who was always the type for what is considered to be the more womanly type of activities never truly approved of her daughter's tomboyish personality. This led to many conflicts and arguments between the two especially as Erin got older none of which were helped by the lack of her father's presence. It wasn't until Erin passed the qualification exam to become a trainer her mother finally excepted it and has been helping her prepare for her journey.
Main goal in life: To compete and win in the World Tournament.
Starting Pokemon
Nidoran http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/female.png
Pokemon 2
N/A
Pokemon 3
N/A
Pokemon 4
N/A
Pokemon 5
N/A
Pokemon 6
N/A
Extra Pokemon
N/A
Pokemon in Storage
N/A
Pokedex Color: Red
Trainer ID: 83787348:02

Derek
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc233/Cefferis/DerekPC.png
Played by: Orange
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Showoff, egotistical, headstrong
PokeCare written exam score: 78%
PokeCare field exam score: 84%
History: Derek was born to a lower middle class family, living in a slummy section of Madrian Island. Being declared "poor" by his peers, Derek became a little headstrong, and a bit of a showoff. His father was a clerk at a PokeCare Mart, and so, Derek got to see trainers and there pokemon every once in a while. Derek loved it when he was allowed to pet them, and went to work with his father a lot. One day, a PokeCare official came into the store to check up, and when he saw Derek he told him about registering with PokeCare to become a trainer. After some thinking time, Derek signed up, hoping to become a trainer.
Main goal in life: To have friends who like him for him.
Starting Pokemon
Charmanderhttp://pokemon.marriland.com/images/female.png
Pokemon 2
N/A
Pokemon 3
N/A
Pokemon 4
N/A
Pokemon 5
N/A
Pokemon 6
N/A
Extra Pokemon
N/A
Pokemon in Storage
N/A
Pokedex Color: Green
Trainer ID: 83787348:01

Sarah
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc233/Cefferis/SarahPC.png
Played by: Trainer Kat
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Preppy, Naive, Ditzy
PokeCare written exam score: 74%
PokeCare field exam score: 89%
History: Her mom died when Sarah was only 5. Eventually, her father remarried. Initially, Sarah was not too keen on having a new mom, so she rejected her stepmom. Being the type of person who always had to be loved, her stepmom tried to buy Sarah's affection. It worked, and Sarah was spoiled rotten. As a result, she's kind of a slacker when it comes to learning, and she isn't inherently smart. In fact, she is rather gullible.
Main goal in life: Sarah's main goal is to own the most visually appealing Pokemon. She doesn't care as much about winning battles as she does about catching Pokemon. Honestly, she would prefer to win contests, though Pokemon battles are her second love. She wants to prove that Pokemon don't have to be ugly and brutish to be tough.
Starting Pokemon
Teddiursa http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/male.png
Pokemon 2
N/A
Pokemon 3
N/A
Pokemon 4
N/A
Pokemon 5
N/A
Pokemon 6
N/A
Extra Pokemon
N/A
Pokemon in Storage
N/A
Pokedex Color: Hot pink
Trainer ID: 83787348: 05

Supporting Characters

Everyone is welcome to play as many supporting characters as they'd like. Just keep the following things in mind.
- Supporting characters are NOT main characters, and will be left behind by the group eventually
- Playing more then one supporting character at a time is pretty hard, but you're welcome to do it if you feel comfortable enough.
- I'm always looking for people to be the following: Gym leaders, random trainers, contest leaders, Gym leaders assistances, contest rivals, ordinary people, PokeCare representatives(this includes store keepers, scientists, PokeCenter workers, etc), the sky is really the limit on this one.

Phanima said this the best:
I think it's when Raichu and the group get to certain points and their characters have to go against/team up with some randoms to continue the story or something, like a side story or a small detour like the ones in the actual show. We're like those trainers who come out of nowhere but only when its near the group or has something to do with them going wherever they need to go.

Oh oh, we're like those guys who verse them in those tournaments where we're only in like an episode or something. Something along the lines of that I think.
To sign up please fill out the forum and post it in this thread. If you've already applied with the old forum you do in fact need to re-apply.

Username:
I'd love to play:
I'd be okay playing:
I'd hate to play:
RP Sample:

\/ To avoid mistakes I've provided an example of what you need to fill out. \/
Username: Miss Raichu
I'd love to play: Random trainers, PokeCenter workers
I'd be okay playing: PokeMart workers
I'd hate to play: Gym Leaders
RP Sample: I'm not going to be acutally writing up a sample, but I need you to if you apply. At least four paragraphs that prove your capable of keeping up with the standard Roleplay literacy level presented in PokeCorrupt. If you are accepted to be part of the supporting character cast, I will add you to a list in the main post. When myself or any of the other main characters need a supporting character, they will select you from the list and PM you. If you apply you are expected to reply promptly. But don't worry, I'll be sure to give you lots of heads up before you are acutally needed.

Avey
January 25th, 2008, 04:58 PM
PokeCare written exam score: 84% (It feels right, don't ask me why).
PokeCare field exam score: 87%
Birth Place: Madarin Island South
History: Nathaniel was born into poverty on the surburbs of Manderine Island. He didn't have much as a child, was constantly underfed by his family that consisted of his mom, dad and sister. He was smart though, he knew that if he went to the police, he could easily get himself into an orphanage. He didn't, because he felt that if he did so, he would be giving up on himself. Nathaniel always knew he could become something more than he was, and he was determined to prove it, if not to the world, then to himself. He stayed with his family until he found PokeCare and departed Goldenrod City without a second glance.
Main goal in life: To be noticed and to be trusted.
Starting Pokemon: Cubone (Apparently).

*Note, it is possible that he has mental problems. Nothing has been proven so far as he never went to the doctor in his life.

Pokedex Color: (White).

After talking with you, I got permission to change the name Joseph to Nathaniel.

Trainer Kat
January 25th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Character: Sarah
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Preppy, Naive, Ditzy
PokeCare written exam score: 74%
PokeCare field exam score: 89%
History: Glamorous Sarah grew up in the prosperous city of Goldenrod. Her mom died when Sarah was only 5. Eventually, her father remarried. Initially, Sarah was not too keen on having a new mom, so she rejected her stepmom. Being the type of person who always had to be loved, her stepmom tried to buy Sarah's affection. It worked, and Sarah was spoiled rotten. As a result, she's kind of a slacker when it comes to learning, and she isn't inherently smart. In fact, she is rather gullible.

Main goal in life: Sarah's main goal is to own the most visually appealing Pokemon. She doesn't care as much about winning battles as she does about catching Pokemon. Honestly, she would prefer to win contests, though Pokemon battles are her second love. She wants to prove that Pokemon don't have to be ugly and brutish to be tough.
Starting Pokemon: Teddiursa
Pokedex Color: Hot pink.

Miss Raichu
January 25th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Everyone has to be born and raised on Madrian Island South, don't worry though that a simple problem to fix on your profiles, I'll take care of that. ;3

Avey
January 25th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Everyone has to be born and raised on Madrian Island South, don't worry though that a simple problem to fix on your profiles, I'll take care of that. ;3

Don't you just love when you get two sign ups and you don't bother telling the people that signed up if they were accepted or not?

Miss Raichu
January 25th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Don't you just love when you get two sign ups and you don't bother telling the people that signed up if they were accepted or not?
Uhh... I was just finishing editing the first post. Then I was going to let you guys know.

You're both accepted. :\

Sushi.
January 25th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Name: Jake
Played by: none
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Shy, Stresive and Brave.
History: Jake grew up from Rustboro City, his mom died when he was 5 and by then his dad would teach him everything about the Pokemon World, and also teach him how to be brave but by then sometimes when he's brave he can Shy at things, and he can get very stresive at every little thing sometimes, when he gets mad.
Job: none
Pokemon 1 Bulbasaur
Pokemon 2 N/A
Pokemon 3 N/A
Pokemon 4 N/A
Pokemon 5 N/A
Pokemon 6 N/A
Extra Pokemon N/A
Pokemon in Storage N/A

Sorry if I mispell things.

SilencedShooter
January 25th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I wanna be Derek!

Played by: Orange.
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Showoff, egotistical, headstrong
PokeCare written exam score: 78%
PokeCare field exam score: 84%
History: Derek was born to a lower middle class family, living in a slummy section of Madrian Island. Being declared "poor" by his peers, Derek became a little headstrong, and a bit of a showoff. His father was a clerk at a PokeCare Mart, and so, Derek got to see trainers and there pokemon every once in a while. Derek loved it when he was allowed to pet them, and went to work with his father a lot. One day, a PokeCare official came into the store to check up, and when he saw Derek he told him about registering with PokeCare to become a trainer. After some thinking time, Derek signed up, hoping to become a trainer.
Main goal in life: To have friends who like him for him.
Starting Pokemon
Charmander
Pokemon 2
N/A
Pokemon 3
N/A
Pokemon 4
N/A
Pokemon 5
N/A
Pokemon 6
N/A
Extra Pokemon
N/A
Pokemon in Storage
N/A
Pokedex Color: Green.

♣Gawain♣
January 25th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I don't wanna be one of the main Characters...

Name: Cyro
Played by: none(random trainer)
3 prominent traits: Shy, Responsible, Reckless.
History:Born in Snowpoint City in the far known region Sinnoh, he is very well known for his knowledge about pokemons. At first he disliked pokemons, but as he was studying near a steam he saw a hurt Absol. He had no other choice but to help him. That provoked him to help all pokemons, by becoming a trainer himself and a scientist. A very powerful trainer known for his signature moves. Currently studying Astronomy, he continually searching for a comet. He usually wake up in the dawn, and devote himself finding his dream comet.
Job: none(yet!)
Pokemon 1: Glaceon
Pokemon 2: Milotic
Pokemon 3: Flygon
Pokemon 4: Absol
Pokemon 5: Riolu
Pokemon 6: ?
Extra Pokemon: ?
Pokemon in Storage:?

Hmmmm.... Tell me if there is something wrong.

Phanima
January 26th, 2008, 03:13 AM
EDITZ!

Supporting Character 1:

Name: Li Meiling
Played By: Phanima
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Foul-mouthed, Confident, Wild
History: Meiling spent the majority of her life in the confines of her strict samurai village where she trained in using swords. Extremely able, both physically and instinctively, her style of sword was too wild and dangerous to be allowed in her small village and she was given a replacement weapon made of bamboo.
Living in such a state, caused Meiling to become extremely impatient and irritated with her clan and village's customs, so when the opportunity arrose for her to escape such confines, she took it, in spite of the forewarned dangers.
Several months after her escapade, Meiling returned to her village with newfound maturity and a healthy yet just as lethal Pokemon by her side. Of course her attitude hadn't changed in the slightest, she was still as rude and arrogant as she had left, but she was now mature enough to be allowed outside of her village...with permission.
Job: In-training Samurai
Pokemon 1: Scyther
Pokemon 2: N/A
Pokemon 3: N/A
Pokemon 4: N/A
Pokemon 5: N/A
Pokemon 6: N/A
Extra Pokemon: N/A
Pokemon In Storage: N/A

Supporting Character 2:

Name: Mizuhara Kaoru
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Energetic, Kind, Oblivious
History: Kaoru, after returning from her school's graduation trip, received her very first Pokemon from her parents as a congratulatory present. After overcoming a rather large hiccup on her school's cruise (graduation trip), her parents decided that she had become mature and experienced enough to start her very own journey, hence her first Pokemon present.
Realising that such a gift was an extremely rare priviledge, as well as an expensive one, Kaoru didn't take it for granted. It was mainly because she knew her parents weren't exactly rolling in the money, so such a gift was something to be treasured and appreciated, which she had no trouble in doing.
Having already spent a year on the road, Kaoru has finally arrived in Kanto after coming from her first regional competition in Johto.
Job: Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon 1: Houndoom
Pokemon 2: Corsola
Pokemon 3: Jumpluff
Pokemon 4: N/A
Pokemon In Storage:

Supporting Character 3:

Name: Kamada Kozue
3 Prominent Personality Traits: Bubbly, Caring, Positive
History: Kozue began his very first Pokemon journey in Kanto like many aspiring trainers after winning a radio contest at the age of fourteen. Despite being of Hoenn descent, he travelled all the way to Kanto to receive his very first Pokemon from the legendary Professor Oak. Now, after a single year on the road, he is currently residing in Vermillion City where he is awaiting the next ship out to Hoenn.
Before becoming a Pokemon Trainer however, Kozue lived a fairly simple life with his surrogate mother and sister. His only contact with Pokemon during this time was with a tamed Mawhile his mother had brought home from work, where it had been subjected to analysis and research experiments. He spent the following year living happily with Mawhile and his family until it was retrieved by his mother's work for further testing.
After losing his first Pokemon friend, Kozue decided to become a Pokemon Trainer and entered a radio competition where if he won, he would receive his own Pokemon, which he did and has now embarked on his very own journey.
Job: Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon 1: Piplup
Pokemon 2: Gulpin
Pokemon 3: ?
Pokemon 4: ?
Pokemon 5: ?
Pokemon 6: ?
Pokemon In Storage: N/A

Yah, so now I have three supporting characters I'll play (if I'm accepted that is) which I'll introduce one at a time over the course of the RP when called upon by Raichu. And I left the majority of Kozue's team unlisted since I'm RP-ing with him in another RP at the moment, so I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who are in both of them. XP

Tré
January 26th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Name: Tre' (Tray)
Played by: mutsudaime
3 Prominent Personality Traits: determined, wild and impatient
History:Tre' is an Orphan that Did not know what is the purpose of his existence. until he realized that he has the guts to train and battle pokemon and to be a gym leader. tre's family is one of the rich clan in Madrian Island South
her mom died bearing him his dad died when on a plane crash. and nothing do be described
Job:Gym Leader(Random Type)
Pokemon 1: Magneton
Pokemon 2: Dusknoir
Pokemon 3: Mime Jr.
Pokemon 4: Garchomp
Pokemon 5
Pokemon 6
Extra Pokemon: Azelf
Pokemon in Storage: Pikachu, Froslass

Idle.
January 26th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Name: Kai

Played by: Viper

3 Prominent Personality Traits: Happy,Kind,Caring

History: Kai is a very strong person.He was once bulllied at school and abused by his parents but he fought back and now is happy and doesn't care what people say because he is a Gym Leader and only the best of trainers can earn badges from him.

Job: Gym Leader (Ground Type)

Pokemon 1: Rhydon
Pokemon 2: Golem
Pokemon 3: Sandslash
Pokemon 4: Mamoswine

Pokemon in Storage: N/A

(Can I use Groudon or Regirock in my Gym Team?)

Miss Raichu
January 26th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Orange you are accepted, congratulations.

As for everyone that signed up for supporting characters; for the first little bit we will need none of you. :3 The story is going to take a very dramatic and interesting turn, but to avoid ruining the fun for everyone I'm not going to tell you what, All I can tell you is that you will not be needed right away.
But don't worry! There will be plenty of space available later on.

Idle.
January 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Name: Mick

Played by: Viper

3 Prominent Personality Traits: Grumpy,Evil,Stupid

History: Mick is Kai's older brother he believes that you must push your Pokemon to the limit.When he was young he was nice and kind but he eventually grew older and eviler.Now he travels the world and has now become another gym leader using his elite team of Pokemon.

Job: Gym Leader (Psychic Type)

Pokemon 1: Alakazam
Pokemon 2: Gallade
Pokemon 3: Hypno
Pokemon 4: Metagross

Pokemon in Storage: N/A

(I'll try rp'ing two chars.)
(Also, are legendaries allowed?)

Miss Raichu
January 26th, 2008, 01:00 PM
No legendaries please. Not yet anyways.

Idle.
January 26th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Ok.It will be hard RP'ing both my chars b/c they have opposite personalities.

Star Girl
January 26th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Character: Erin

3 Prominent Personality Traits: Tough, ambitious, tomboy

PokeCare written exam score: 75
PokeCare field exam score: 90

History: She grew up hanging out with the boys mostly much to her mother's displeasure. Her father usually works long hour leaving her Mom to take care of her mostly. Her mother who was always the type for what is considered to be the more womanly type of activities never truly approved of her daughter's tomboyish personality. This led to many conflicts and arguements between the two especially as Erin got older none of which were helped by the lack of her father's presence. It wasn't until Erin passed the qualification exam to become a trainer her mother finally excepted it and has been helping her prepare for her journey.

Main goal in life: To compete and win in the World Tournament.

Starting Pokemon
Nidoran

Pokemon 2
N/A

Pokemon 3
N/A

Pokemon 4
N/A

Pokemon 5
N/A

Pokemon 6
N/A

Extra Pokemon
N/A

Pokemon in Storage
N/A

Pokedex Color: Red

Miss Raichu
January 26th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Congratulation's Star Girl, you are accepted. And with that we may now begin our Roleplay. I'll make the first post, then you four can follow.

Just keep in mind some of the Main Characters may not be here at this very moment, so lets not go to fast without them.

It was an extraordinary day. The sky was a pure, deep blue and the sun's ray's where kissing each brilliant blade of grass. The sound of the beautiful ocean currents lapping softly against a sandy beach echoed in the distance. Or maybe their wasn't, maybe this day was just made so excellent by the fact that today is the day that Kassandra gets her very first Pokemon. In fact the ocean wasn't beautiful at all, Kassandra despised the ocean.

But those are just pointless details, that's not what Kassandra's mind was on.

She was a tall girl, and just a tad out of shape, but with a very appealing face. Her long strands of white hair were neatly tied up with dashing, orange, bows in a matching set of pig tales. Metallic orange, box-framed glasses rest on the bridge of her nose. Her eye's where a very deep dark blue, with such serenity trapped inside of them you could get lost in her eyes for hours. However no one ever has truely gazed into her eyes, she would never allow it. She was never good at making friends, she didn't like people. And people didn't like her. Less friends means more free time to read. Sure, sometimes it upset her, but for the most part the solitude suited her just fine.

Today she was making a new friend, her new best friend. Kassandra skipped down a forgotten little backstreet in the town of Rineeas on Mandrian Island South. Clutched tightly in her palm was a bright orange, plastic rectangle. Her newly appointed PokeDex. Earlier that morning she had received it, along with her official Pokemon Trainer license.

Passing her written quiz was simple enough, after all Kassandra graduated head of her class in a Pokemon Boarding school. There was no way she'd fail, or do any less the pass with flying colors on this quiz. But that field exam really trumped her. Controlling such advanced and powerful Pokemon, or any Pokemon for that matter, was something completely foreign to her. She rarely had the chance to see a Pokemon outside of her books, let alone command a high leveled one.

Despite her lack of experience she still passed, and here she was; heading towards 113a Barthon Street to receive her first Pokemon and get a free lift off this lousy rock.

She picked her Pokemon out of a catalogue. It was really weird and an incredibly hard choice, she thought about it for hours, and eventually settled on a decision. Still thinking about it makes her feel strangely uneasy.

The closer Kassandra came to her destination the more worried about where exactly she was going, she got. She had no idea where 113a Barthon street was, but as she walked further towards it she started to feel anxious.

"Oh god... please don't tell me my 'free lift' off this island is a boat. Oh Please." Kassandra's mind raced, glancing up at pole that marked an intersection. It read "113a Barthon Street" and it was a road leading to the docks near the coast line. "Come on now Kassandra, don't worry about it. I'm sure it will be a short trip to the nearest airport." she attempted to reassure herself, but it was no use.

"And you must be Kassandra, welcome!" An old, grinning man stood at the foot of a ladder, leading over to a rather large motor boat off the side of the dock. "You're the first one here, come on take a seat." The man gestured over to a row of plastic lined seats, surround the inside perimeter of the boat.

SilencedShooter
January 27th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Derek woke up to his father's voice. "Come on son, today's the day! Your first step to becoming a trainer!" His father said happily. He scruffled Derek's hair as Derek put his face into the pillows. "Get ready and meet me in the kitchen." His father said happily as he left the room, leaving Derek laying there.

He stretched and sat up in his bed. "I guess today IS the day...." He thought as he stood up. He scratched his stomach and walked over to his closet. "Of course, it was only a matter of time before I became a trainer....like I wouldn't pass!" He said to himself in a very sure tone. Derek grabbed some jeans and a black T shirt and proceeded to get dressed. Once he was dressed he sat down and put on his tennis shoes. He sighed and stood up giving his room one last look, and then turned around, heading for the kitchen.

Derek's father was playing around with a green object laying on the kitchen table. "Dad, what's that?" Derek asked. His father jumped and turned around. "Oh....well Derek, it's your pokedex. It came in the mail yesterday, but I thought I would wait until today to give it to you. Derek smiled and rolled his eyes. "He just wanted to play with it!" Derek thought with a silent laugh. He walked over and his dad handed it to him. Derek put it in his pocket a and they were both quiet for a minute.

"I'm going to miss you." His father finally said. Derek sighed. "I'm gonna miss you too dad, but you know I want to do this." Derek exclaimed. His father smiled. "I know, I'm not trying to stop you....but son, I want you to have a good journey." His father said, as he stood up and walked towards the door. "Well I gotta go to work, and you gotta go start your journey." His father said as he turned the knob. Derek walked up and gave his father a hug. "Bye, dad." He said. "Bye, son." His father said, as the two walked away, going opposite directions.

Derek turned around to give his slummy neighborhood one more look. "Guh...It'll be nice to get away for a little while." He turned back around and continued walking. As he made his way through town, he pulled out a piece of paper with something written on it. "113a Barthon...." He read aloud. He stopped and looked around. "That's only 3 more blocks, I'll be there in no time." He said with a cocky smile.

As he walked, he thought about his starter. "I can't wait to get my first pokemon.....the two of us will do great things." He thought as he imagined the adventures he would have. He then stopped, realizing he was at 113a Barthon. "Looks like a boat ride..." He said as he walked down the road, until he saw an old man near a motorboat. As he got closer he also noticed a girl near the boat. Derek gave a 'sure of himself' look and approached the man and girl.

"Is this the free ride for new trainers?"

Star Girl
January 27th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Erin grinned slightly as she finished packing the last of her things. 'It's finally time,' she thought as she slung her purple backpack over her back and picked up her Red Pokedex that was sitting on the desk. She then made her way downstairs to where her Mom was waiting for her. They stood there for a few moments in silence before her mother said, "Well I guess this is it. Take good care of yourself sweetie and make sure to call home at least once in a while."

"Don't worry Mom I am a tough. I'll do fine," Erin said.

"If you say so just be careful," her Mom said.

"Will do Mom. See you," Erin said waving as she stepped out the door and began to make her way down the street.

Once she reached the end of the street she her backpack in front of her and pulled the slip of paper out that had the address on it and studied it for a second, '113a Barthon huh? That's down by the docks. I guess our transportation out of here is a boat ride. Ah well at least its a free ride.'

As she made her way down to the docks her thoughts turned to what her starter Pokemon might be, 'I hope its a strong Pokemon or at least has the potential to become strong. Because I am going to need a strong team to take on and win the World Tournament. Maybe it will be a Mankey, or a Rhydon. I guess a regular starter would be okay since those always have a lot of potential.'

Her thoughts were interrupted as she reached the instructed dock. Sitting in one of the seats near an older man was a girl about her age and standing nearby was another boy also about her age. The boy had just said asked basically if he was in the right place as she joined the trio at the dock. She took one of the empty seats near the girl and just waited for the reply to the boy's question.

Trainer Kat
January 28th, 2008, 07:38 AM
OOC: I hope it's okay to give Sarah a middle and last name. ._. If you don't like it, I'll edit it out.

IC: It was a new day. The sun rose in the distance, forcing its way through the curtains of a hotel suite in Mandarin Island. A small blonde stirred as the rays gently tried to pry open her eyes. She let out a groan and pulled a feather pillow over her face. Once more a disgruntled expression left her lips as her head rest firmly on the mattress beneath her. She wasn't going to win this one.

While Sarah Rose Bennett and her father, James Bennett, resided on Mandarin Island, they had booked a hotel closer to Sarah's destination, simply because she had expressed a disgust for walking so far. Ordinarily, a normal day for Sarah would consist of wearing out the backs of her pushover of a stepmom's credit cards, but today was different. Today, she took one step closer to her destiny--becoming a Pokemon master.

"Sarah Rose, come down here! You're going to be late!" her father bellowed from the kitchen. Sarah emitted a low groan as she pulled herself out of the bed and began to dress. She pulled on her shirt first, a bright pink off-the-shoulder number with a white bullseye on the left side. This was the PokeCare logo. Next was a pink miniskirt, matching the top perfectly. Finally, she slid her legwarmers onto her thin, pale legs.

"Oh! Almost forgot!" she exclaimed, picking up a white handkerchief and tying it around her neck. Her cornflower hair spilled neatly down her shoulders, reaching about an inch or two down her back. She thought for a moment before tying it into two loose braids on either side of her head. Everyone needs to change their hairstyle occasionally. The blonde bounded out the door to be greeted with her father's open arms. She giggled and threw her arms around him in return.

"I'm so proud of you, sweetie," he said as he buried his face into the top of her hair, tears threatening to reveal themselves at any moment.

"I know, daddy." She stood on her toes and kissed his chin. Her dad had known how much she had wanted to become a trainer, and he was going to support her. She had passed her exams, but barely. Still, she knew she would be great once she started actually training Pokemon--you can't test someone's battling skill through written words!

"Oh, by the way, this came for you." Her father pulled out a hot pink Pokedex.

"Oh wow, it's so cute!" She grinned and hugged her dad.

"You better go...you're going to be late..." his voice trailed off sadly. "I'm going to miss you." Sarah felt torn. Never before had she doubted what she wanted to do. On the other hand, she'd never seen her father so sad.

"I know you will." She gave him a small smile. "But you have Sharon. I'll be fine, don't worry." With that, she bid her final farewell before making her way over to 113a Barthon.

"A...boat?" She perked up instantly. So they would be taking a cruise somewhere! Happily, she took a seat on the end, leaving two seats between her and the two girls.

Miss Raichu
January 29th, 2008, 01:01 PM
((OOC: Oni Raichu is taking to long to post XP I'm far too excited to wait. Nathaneil is now officially late for the boat. He'd better hurry up ;3 ))

The thick salty ocean air stung Kassandra's sensitive eyes as she thought to herself "Why did it have to be a boat...why?" A rickety ladder stretched from the dock to the boat, which was rocking rather violently with each wave crashing against the haul. Kassandra let out an irritated sigh and began to argue it out in her head "You have to do this Kassandra, or you'll never get off this Island. And you'll never be a Pokemon Breeder." After a few moments of awkward silence, she nodded to the old man and stepped onto the boat.

The very moment her feet left the security of the dock she started to feel sick... and scared. "So..." she called over to the old man and tried to reassure herself, "We're just taking this boat to an airport right?"

The gentlemen let out a hardy chuckle and replied "No dear, I'm taking you all the way up to Vermillion City, in Kanto. The boat ride will take about a day or two. There's not much room to sleep, but I'm sure you kids will manage."

"Kids?" Kassandra put a major emphasis on the plural.

"There's a few of you coming, all brand new trainers. Six of you... I think." He replied with a nod. This was the first time Kassandra had acutally looked the man over. He was pretty old, must be in his late sixties. Thinning gray hair on his head and covering his face. Definitely a man of the sea, Kassandra could tell these sorts of things, she liked to stay away from people who were out at sea a lot. But she never really knew why, Kassandra just never felt they were trust worthy. Nothing from the sea was in her opinion. He was wearing a dull gray jumpsuit, with the same symbol sowed into the back of it, that she had on the front of her hoodie. A silhouette of a PokeBall. It was the symbol of PokeCare. After a brief silence the man began to speak, his voice was course and deep, "I have everyone's Pokemon, and their supplies. Once everyone is here I'll hand them out."

Hearing this lifted Kassandra's spirits. She'd forgotten about her new Pokemon. Anyone who scored 95% or higher on their written exam got the luxury of choosing their own starting Pokemon. All the other application had theirs assigned based on some crazy personality matching stuff that Kassandra knew was just ********. "At least if I have my new Pokemon with me this boat ride might not be too bad..." Kassandra was still trying to wrap her mind around all this. She hated the ocean and everything about it, and now she's going to take a two day trip through it. Her focus slowly slipped away from the old sailer and rested out into the deep blue abyss that laid before her. It seemed so peaceful and calm, but Kassandra knew the truth. And it scared her.

She was so lost in thought that she didn't even notice the second trainer approach the boat.

"Is this the free ride for new trainers?" A young boy, with messy long hair called out from the dock. Kassandra adjusted herself in the uncomfortable little seat, and looked up at the second trainer.

"I don't want to be with these people." Kassandra's nerves began to get to her. Having the be on the Ocean for two days was bad enough, but she had to do it with people who would no doubt hate her. "I'll just try and stay quiet, hopefully they wont bother me." This was always her best defense. Kassandra would have loved to make friends, but she knew deep inside that this time would be like all the rest, and for some unknown reason these people would dislike her. It's always that way.

The old man nodded, pointed to the boat and spoke in his generic deep voice, "Yes it is. All new trainers this way."

Only moments later another trainer arrived. This one was a girl. She didn't say anything, just took a seat. She must have overheard the boy ask his question.

From the road another girl came running up to the boat. The fourth trainer. Overhearing the old man's reply, she too quickly took a seat.

Now everyone was just waiting on two more people. Or maybe one. The old man didn't sound like he had any idea of how many people were coming. The less the better in Kassandra's opinion.

((I'm just going to bunny Derek into the boat, I really hope you don't mind. If you do, I can change it ;3))

The first trainer who had showed up also took a seat, after reassuring himself that he was indeed in the right place.

"Well, it's already noon, we need to get going soon. We'll give the other kid about 10 minutes." The old man looked over the crowd of vibrant young faces sitting on his boat. Hoping for some response, but getting none he seemed disappointed, but continued with his speech. "There is a pile of life jackets by the door to the drivers area. I expect you all to be wearing one, at all times. No exceptions." The man glanced down at his watch and back up to the street.

SilencedShooter
January 29th, 2008, 01:21 PM
(No problem! ^_^) (bleh...short post. Sorry.)

Derek kicked back in his seat a little and looked around. The water was a little rough, but it didn't seem like it would be too bad of a trip. He looked up at the old man. "I wonder how much this guy really knows...he seems a little absent minded." Derek thought, as he smirked to himself. He then yawned and gave the other passengers a quick look around.

Derek was the only boy on the boat. He cocked his head a little and laughed under his breath. "So....how's it going ladies? Are you all new trainers too? I'm Derek." He smiled. He didn't know if they were gonna be nice, but he had to say something. Derek isn't exactly one who stays quiet.

As he sat there waiting for anwsers, he heard a splash. He looked in the ocean and saw some water pokemon. "Cool. One day, I'll be able to catch all kinds of pokemon friends." He thought as he stared semi dreamily into the water.

Avey
January 29th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Nathaniel Gradex was no ordinary person. For starters, he liked strawberry yogurts... Not that it was a bad thing, but it left most restaurants rather annoyed with him, and today was no exception.

"Eh, bonjour, monsior," a waiter walked up beside him carrying a tray. "Are you, eh, ready to order?"

Nathaniel looked around at his surroundings; it was your normal restaurant, people eating and staff running around like crazy. Hardly anything decorated the walls inside, which Nathaniel though was rather sad, and was the main reason that he decided to sit outside. There was a ship opposite him the restaurant, just docked beside the entrance. The young boy checked his watch. He should've boarded the boat half an hour ago. They'd wait for him, of course, as he was the epic Nathaniel Gradex.

He diverted his attention back to the waiter. "Ah, yes," he said politely. "Sorry for taking so long there, this old bean sometimes gets clogged up." He tapped his head for effect. "Now, for my main course, may I have a Spagetti all Boliganaise? Yes, thank you." Nathaniel watched the man walk away before he impulsively shouted; "And for my starter, may I have a strawberry yogurt?"

The waiter turned around, frowned, and said; "Why, yes. Of course. Quite a, different dish than what we're used to serving, but, yes, I'll see what I can do."

A horn blared, it was the ship. Nathaniel looked up and groaned. "This'll be the third boat I've missed this year, and it's only January!" He exclaimed as he leapt from his table and ran at full speed towards the boat. "This'll be one to tell my kids, when I have them," he said to himself between breaths. "'How did you become a Pokemon Master, daddy?' 'Well, it all began with a strawberry yogurt'."

OoC: Sorry, for not posting earlier.

Miss Raichu
February 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
((OOC: I am not letting this RP die! If you guys fail to make a decent amount of posts, like at the very least keep up with me. I'm going to re-cast your character. I'm not trying to be mean, or threaten anyone. I just want to keep this Role play alive. On another note: I've added just my own two cents on a few topics, please check the first post and read over them.))

Acknowledging the sailer's plee for the kids to put on their safety jackets, Kassandra reached over and pulled a vibrant, red life-jacket from the pile and secured it tightly. She was far to absorbed in getting the Life-Jacket on that she didn't notice the final trainer make his way onto the boat. She did however noticed the clanging from the old man pulling the ladder onto the seating area of the motorboat.

"Alright kids, time to get your supplies and your Pokemon." The man said with a false sense of enthusiasm. He pulled a key chain from his pocket and unlocked the tinted windowed door of the boats **** pit, and stepped inside. The tension and anticipation radiating from the kids was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Even Kassandra was excited, all thought she already knew what her Pokemon was, these other kids looked like they had their Pokemon assigned.

The old man walked out of the room holding five crammed full backpacks. Each was a different color, there was a pink one, a green one, a white one, a red one and an orange one. "Now." The old man said, clearing his throat "Each of these backpacks match the color you picked for your Pokedex. So now if you could all just get out your PokeDex I can give you your bag.

Kassandra was the first one to whip out her PokeDex, not a hard feat seeing as it had been her hand the entire time. She held it out, balancing it on the palm of her hand. The old man nodded and placed all but the Orange backpack at his feet. "As I'm sure you're all well aware of, PokeCare takes pride in helping it's registered trainers. So you'll be given everything you need to start your journey. I see you're all wearing your contract clothing, that's wonderful. You'll find a secondary pair of your choice clothing in this bag." The sailer knelled down in the middle of the boat deck, so that all the trainers could see what he was doing. "I'm going to go over the contents of your bag with you, before we set off to sea." He unzipped the front pouch of the backpack, proudly sowed onto the pouch was that oh so familiar symbol of PokeCare. Inside the pouch was two objects, he grabbed one with each hand and hide them deep inside his sweaty fist. "In the front pouch you will find the two most important things you'll be given today." He unfolded his left hand reviling a tiny red and white ball, a Pokeball to be exact. On the top part of the Pokeball was a star. "This is your starting Pokemon. And this..." He released the fist of his other hand, unveiling what looked to be a bulky watch. "Is your PokeCare PokeWatch. This little thing contains hundreds of programs to aid your every day trainer needs. Make sure to keep it on your wrist at all times, I can assure you it will come in handy. I don't have time to go over everything it does, we'd be here all week listening to me talk. All you need to know is that it's a hundred percent water proof and scratch resistant. This big button on the side will activate the application menu, you can choose which program you like from their. There is a small stylist tucked into a groove in the top, use this and only this to touch the screen." He nodded to all the kids, then placed the objects back into the front pouch and zipped it up tightly.

Kassandra was completely overwhelmed. Up until this very point she must of been in shock, she was so happy that this was finally happening. Her own Pokemon is sitting in that front pouch. And in only a few minutes she'd finally meet it face to face.

The sailor placed his hand over the left pouch on the backpack and continued his lecture "In here, you'll find five Pokeballs. If you need more you can purchase them with your credits at any register PokeCare store. Theres not a city in this world that doesn't have at least one."

"Umm... sir?" Kassandra spoke with a soft echo of uncertainty. "What's a credit, and how do we get them?"

"Good question." The man replied. "Your Pokedex keeps track of and registers all information about you and your Pokemon. Including battle records. Every time you battle anyone or anything you'll get credits. They're like virtual trainer money. You can get credits in lots of different ways, but depending on the outcome of the battle, that's typically the best way to get credits. If you all flip open your Pokedex's you should see a little symbol in the top corner, followed by the number five hundred. That's how many credits all trainers get for passing their exams. Next time you want to buy something just give the clerk your Pokedex and he'll deduct the cost of of your transaction from your current credits. Simple?"

Kassandra nodded to the man, and glanced back down at her Pokedex.

"Now in the main pouch here, you'll find clothing in a shrink wrap bag. If you need to get some clothing you just need to release the seal and the bag will expand to about four times its size. Then you can take out your clothing. After your done simply reseal the bag and the pump will shrink it back down to a convent carrying size. I think there is some winter clothing in there, a swimsuit and some underwear. Not much, but it's enough." The sailor paused and looked at his watch. "Okay we need to get going! I think there are a few more things in your bag, like a flashlight or something, but nothing that I need to explain. So come grab the bag that matches the color of your PokeDex and lets set off!" The man grinned and walked into the cockpit of the boat, locking the door behind him. A few moments later the roar of the engine kicked up.

Kassandra reached down from her seat and pulled her bag between her legs. Preparing herself for the long trip through the ocean.

((OOC: Okay I know it's a long dull post, but I just wanted to explain the key elements of some of the cool devices the trainers receive.))

Marilyn
February 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
Hi, I'd really like to join your RP, but more like a main character. I know you don't want this RP to die, and I am online everyday, and it seems really fun so can I please join?

I can be boy or girl, you choose.

Usyl
February 1st, 2008, 02:53 PM
I know you dont want this RP to die so could I be an evil character who becomes a sort of rival to the group. I'll post my sign up if so.

Miss Raichu
February 1st, 2008, 02:55 PM
I know you dont want this RP to die so could I be an evil character who becomes a sort of rival to the group. I'll post my sign up if so.
This is a great idea, when we get further into the plot I will discuss this with you!

Usyl
February 1st, 2008, 03:06 PM
This is a great idea, when we get further into the plot I will discuss this with you!

OK I'll post my sign up to you via PM to see what you think of it.

Star Girl
February 1st, 2008, 06:40 PM
((OOC: Hope this is a long enough. I'll try to post as often as I can and when I can write enough based on previous posts. But note I am a senior in high school balancing some high stress classes. I usually post after seeing what others are doing so I can make a decent length post in my own.))

Erin grinned as she slipped on her own life-jacket noticing the last trainer, another boy, finally arriving in a run. As soon as the boy was on the ship's deck the man pulled the ladder up onto the boat, before putting it aside, and motioning for them to follow him. They entered a cabin that was pretty much empty with the exception of five seats and five backpacks in different colors. She saw the girl from earlier with the greyish-white hair respond to his comments about the backpacks and Pokedex's step up holding out her Pokedex which was an orange color.

The man launched into a long explanation which she didn't really pay that much attention to figuring she would figure out for herself where everything was later on anyway. It wasn't until she heard the words "Starting Pokemon" that she actually started to pay attention taking note of the Pokeball that the man was holding up that had a star on it. She then started paying more attention mostly to find out when she could get her backpack so she could meet her own starter. When the man finished explaining about the Pokewatch she couldn't help but think, 'Okay this is definately going to be interesting. I mean just how many applications can one little watch have? Apparently a lot if the guy said we would be spending a week listening to him talk about it if he was going to go over everything that device has.'

She started to tune him out again when he began talking about shopping again. She had never been big on shopping and would only shop if the need really arrised. She knew as a trainer now that she would be doing a lot more shopping than she had ever done in a long time. But things were different with this she realized she was not shopping for the girly stuff her Mom had usually dragged her to the mall for, she was buying things to help her become a better trainer.

She half-way listened to him talk about the remaining things that were contained in their backpacks, while wondering what she was going to do with the backpack she had brought with her. As he finished talking she came to a conclusion she would send her old backpack back to her Mom once they docked at their destination. Should be simple enough, probably could pay for the shipment with those credits the man had been talking about. And if she had too her Mom had packed some emergency money away in the backpack just in case. So she could use the money to send if it back if absolutely had too.

For the meantime as the man finished talking she would move her things from her old backpack into her new backpack. As he told them to pickup their backpacks she grinned thinking 'Finally!' as she picked up the red backpack that matched her Pokedex before taking a seat next to the girl from earlier before asking the man, "When can we release our starters to meet them?"

Trainer Kat
February 1st, 2008, 07:22 PM
"There is a pile of life jackets by the door to the drivers area. I expect you all to be wearing one, at all times. No exceptions." The man glanced down at his watch and back up to the street.

"Life jackets?! Ew..." Sarah grimaced as she picked up a bright orange life vest. It was wet from being on the ship, and smelled of brine. She slipped it tentatively over her head, coating her hair in a generous helping of water. "Sick..." she added.

Soon, there was only one empty seat on the boat. Sarah glanced around. Three girls and one boy. The last trainer had to be a boy. After all, she didn't remember signing up to be part of a harem.

"Gosh, I hope he arrives soon!" She giggled. "I know I wouldn't want to miss the boat!" Almost like magic, the boy appeared, obviously having had to sprint so as not to miss the boat. "Gee, glad you could make it!" she said, teasingly. "Well, now that everyone's here, can we get this show on the road?" Indeed, she was rather talkative for having just met these people...and she hadn't even properly met them. In fact, she had simply sat beside them for the past twenty or so minutes.

"Alright kids, time to get your supplies and your Pokemon." The man said with a false sense of enthusiasm. The blonde let out a small giggle and clapped her hands. She had no clue which Pokemon she would receive. Hopefully something cute, like Jigglypuff. She so hoped. Sarah didn't want anything icky like a Heracross. While Sarah was lost in thought, the old man had disappeared.

The old man walked out of the room holding five crammed full backpacks. Each was a different color, there was a pink one, a green one, a white one, a red one and an orange one. "Now." The old man said, clearing his throat "Each of these backpacks match the color you picked for your Pokedex. So now if you could all just get out your PokeDex I can give you your bag.

Though the white-haired girl was the first to retrieve her Pokedex, Sarah, too, was quick on the draw, whipping out her Pokedex in a flash. The man deposited various bags at his feet, one of which matched the color of Sarah's. She could only assume the bag was for her.

"As I'm sure you're all well aware of, PokeCare takes pride in helping it's registered trainers. So you'll be given everything you need to start your journey. I see you're all wearing your contract clothing, that's wonderful. You'll find a secondary pair of your choice clothing in this bag." The sailer knelled down in the middle of the boat deck, so that all the trainers could see what he was doing. "I'm going to go over the contents of your bag with you, before we set off to sea."

As the man talked, Sarah examined the various items he pulled out. Her eyes lingered on the starred Pokeball. Her Pokemon was only one click away. Her eyes glossed over and she became lost in daydream...that is, until she heard the word "watch".

"Make sure to keep it on your wrist at all times, I can assure you it will come in handy," the old man instructed the trainers.

"Ew!" Sarah was on the verge of complaining as her eyes hovered on the watch clutched in his large, withered hand. "Do we have to? I mean, watches are like, so ten years ago. Don't you have, like, a cell phone or something? Cell phones are so in." The man gave her no response, and simply continued explaining.

"Okay we need to get going! I think there are a few more things in your bag, like a flashlight or something, but nothing that I need to explain. So come grab the bag that matches the color of your PokeDex and lets set off!" The man grinned and walked into the cockpit of the boat, locking the door behind him. A few moments later the roar of the engine kicked up.

"So cute!" Sarah squealed, clutching the bag tight to her chest. It truly was adorable. It even matched her outfit! She quickly rummaged through the pockets before pulling out her Pokeball. She hoped she would be granted a cute Pokemon.

"So, uh," she began, sounding rather ditzy at the moment. "When can we, like, you know, open our Pokeballs? I kind of want to, like, see my Pokemon!"

SilencedShooter
February 1st, 2008, 07:53 PM
Derek put on his lifejacket without hesitation. He wanted to become a trainer, so he wanted this ride to be as smooth as possible.

He listened to everything that the man said, and once he pulled out the backpacks, Derek grabbed his pokedex. He then reached down and grabbed the green backpack. Derek peeked inside of it as he listened to the man talk. The backpack was full of lots of cool stuff.

"So we need to keep these watches on?" Derek said as he pulled his out. The old man nodded and Derek strapped his on. He held it out and stared at it. He then scrummaged through his backpack until he pulled out his pokeball.

"This is my pokemon...." Derek thought as he sat there looking at it. "It could be anything....A Tauros.....a Lavitar....an Aerodactly! Oh I can't wait to see what it is...." He clutched his pokeball when he heard the girls question. He then looked up at the man, waiting for an anwser. He wanted to see his new pokemon.

Miss Raichu
February 1st, 2008, 11:14 PM
Kassandra looked over while the other trainers desperately pleaded to find out what their mystery starter Pokemon was. But the old man couldn't hear them through the locked driver's booth.

Kassandra smirked, and thought "I don't see any reason why not." She leaned down and unzipped the front pouch of her backpack. Using one hand she fished out the PokeWatch and wrapped it around her left wrist, admiring its complexity. She snapped the watch tightly on her wrist, with the sound of the clasp clicking Kassandra felt a small prick from catching a bit of her wrist in the clasp. "Ow..." she sighed, rubbing her wrist. While comforting herself she accidentally clicked the large button the the side of the PokeWatch, activating it.

"Hello, trainer 8787348:03" flashed across the touch-screen of the watch. "Please write name with stylist in area below" quickly followed, then the whole screen went blank. Kassandra slid the small stylist from it's grove and scrawled her name across the watches screen. "Welcome" was now written across the screen, with an exact duplicate of her signature below it.

While she programed her name into the PokeWatch the other trainers where still waiting for approval before finding out what Pokemon they got. Kassandra didn't worry about what the man would said, she knew he didn't care. Nodding to the other trainers she confidently pulled the small star labeled Pokeball from the pouch on her new back pack. She took a deep breath, "This is it" she though happily "My very own..." Kassandra let the small ball roll in the palm of her hand, she clicked the tiny white button in the middle and it expanded to fit snuggly in her hand. Kassandra clicked the button once more, instantly the top part of the ball swung open, reviling it's mechanical insides. The odd technology inside the ball was quickly obscured by a thick red beam of light. The light sharply poured out from the ball and began to form an old shape on the ground. As quickly as the light had appeared, it faded off and the Pokeball snapped shut. Left where the beam had just been was Kassandra's new Pokemon.

"Pika!" the little monster cheered while opening it's bright blue eyes to gaze upon it's new trainer. A very thin coat of vibrant yellow fur lined it's eyes and covered its entire little body. It had short limbs and floppy biped legs, and although it stood on his back paws, it could easily and probably would rather run on all fours. Bright red check-pads accented it's adorable eyes and it's long slender ears perked upwards curiously. Below a set of brown striped on its lower back, grew a large lightning bolt shaped tail.

"Pikachu!" Kassandra blurted out, despite the fact that doing so could very well attract the unwanted attention of her fellow ship-mates. But that entire problem just floated away, along with all of the other doubts and problems Kassandra had. Love and first might might just be a concept that can only exist in a movie, but this is about as close as it gets. The bond that Kassandra and her Pikachu made at the very moment their eyes met each other, is a bond that is so very rare to find among humans.

The Pikachu happily wagged it's tail and leaped onto Kassandra's lap and snuggled up against her tightly.

(((OOC: Before making a post could everyone read my post in the OOC thread, regarding important plot detail. ))

SilencedShooter
February 2nd, 2008, 07:00 AM
When Derek saw the girl begin entering her name, he pushed the button on the side of his watch. It lit up a bit and text was displayed across the bottom screen.

"Hello, trainer 83787348:01." It read. "Please write name with stylist in area below." Derek pulled the stick out, and wrote his name in. "DEREK" It read. He turned it off afterwards and put on an accomplished grin.

Derek looked up at the girl who put her name in first. She was holding her pokeball! And she opened it. It was a cute little yellow Pikachu! Derek couldn't contain himself anymore, so he reached down into his backpack and grabbed his pokeball. He pressed the button in the center of it....but nothing happened. He hesitated a second, but then pressed it again. "Success!" It opened up and a bright red light came out.

A tiny monster emerged from the light. It had scaley orange skin, arms, with little 'claws' at the end of them, stout little legs, also with these claws, a yellow belly, but most uniquely, it had a tail with fire burning at the tip of it. Derek tilted his head. "Charmander!" It said happily. Derek bent down and smiled happily. "Awesome, a Charmander!" He said as he patted the Charmander on the head. It smiled and "talked" happily. "Charmander, char char!" It said. Derek smiled. "You're gonna be great!" He said happily.

Star Girl
February 2nd, 2008, 09:11 AM
Erin pulled out her own Pokewatch around the same time as the others and fumbled around with it a bit until it finally turned on. Following the instructions that appeared on the screen she removed her own stylist quickly scrawled her own name on it. Once it was done she looked up to see that the girl with the greyish white hair had released her Pokeball to reveal a Pikachu. One of the boys she had remembered introducing himself as Derek earlier had released his own Pokemon to reveal a Charmander.

Digging into her own backpack she pulled out her own respective Pokeball and tossed it into the air and it opened. A second later she found herself staring at a small bluish Pokemon with a horn on its head, small whisker like things, and two big ears. The Pokemon greeted her with a "Nido" before running up to her and rubbing up against her leg. She blinked a couple of times before reaching down to scratch the Pokemon behind one of her ears while thinking, 'A Nidoran Female, huh? Well these little guys do have a lot of potential. I think things will be just fine. Its better than getting a Jigglypuff or something else like that.'

She then picked up the Nidoran and placed it into her lap so it was facing her before speaking to it, "So litte guy what should I call you? I want all of my Pokemon to have good names so we will always be remembered when we win the World Tournament. So lets see, Nina?" She said as her first suggestion as she went through possible nicknames in her head.

The small Pokemon vigorourously shook its head before she said, "Nah your right too plain. Hmm how about Doku?"

The Pokemon once again shook its head and she said mostly to herself, "Yeah. That sounds more like a name would you give a male Pokemon. No offense. How about Puchi?"

The Pokemon again shook its head before she came up with another suggestion, "Yeah your right too cutesy. Uh huh I got it how about Kei?"

The Pokemon seemed to pause to think for a second before nodding its head. Erin grinned and said, "So Kei it is then." The two then settled down to watch the other trainers get acquainted to their new Pokemon.

Trainer Kat
February 2nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
The wait was unbearable. Sarah stared disgustedly at the watch in her small, pale hand. It appeared you had to put the thing on to open the Pokeball.

"This sucks!" she yelled melodramatically. With a sigh, the blonde slid the watch onto her bony wrist. Grimacing, she pressed the large side button.

Hello, Trainer 83787348:05. Please write name with stylist in area below. A large, blank space stared up at Sarah, willing her to fill it. Sarah was confused, and it wouldn't be the first time.

"Like, uh..." Sarah began. "Do you have to write, like, your whole name? Like, first, middle, and last? Cuz, uh, my name's, like, long and stuff." Glancing over at the boy next to her, she noticed that he had scrawled one word across the line: "DEREK".

"Ooh, so Derek couldn't, like, be your first, middle, and last name! Unless your name was like, Derek Derek Derek. But that would be just, like, dumb! I'll just write Sarah then!" With that, she elegantly wrote her name in loopy, cursive, girly handwriting. "Welcome, Sarah" the screen read. With that, Sarah Rose Bennett scooped up the Pokeball in her hands. Her stomach was going crazy with anticipation.

"Well, here goes nothing..." she said, more quietly than her previous statements. With that, she pressed the button in the center of the ball with her thumb. A line of crimson light shot out. Sarah traced it with her eyes, until they finally settled on a round mass being born of the red light.

Two round feet...two round arms...a big, blobby body, and a head of equal size appeared slowly. Two circular ears topped the head. Color returned to the Pokemon--brown with white trim. A tiny, fat, bear. Sarah squealed.

"You're so cute! Teddiursa!" she giggled, running to the center of the boat to pick up the chubby bear, squishing him against her face, slowly rubbing her cheek through his soft brown fur. The bear hugged her back, claws wrapped tightly around her head. Actually, there was an equal chance that he was trying to kill her. She deposited the bear at her feet. The bipedal Pokemon looked up at her with huge dark eyes, one claw stuck innocently in his mouth. He tilted his head to the side. Looking around, Sarah came to the stark conclusion that her Teddiursa was much cuter than anyone else's Pokemon.

"Let's give a one-two punch, Teddiursa!" Sarah exclaimed, holding her left hand close to her body and jabbing with her right. The bear mimicked her, raising his fist in a victory pose. Sarah scooped the bear up into her arms once more. "You're the best, Teddiursa. You're adorable." The Pokemon climbed up onto her shoulder, sitting flat on his bum, legs dangling off her shoulder, just barely touching her collarbone. Sarah grinned and took her seat. Now....now she couldn't wait to be a Pokemon trainer. Even if she did have to wear that ugly watch.

Avey
February 2nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Nathaniel panted, he had made the ship by use of a ladder as it left the dock. What was with that? They weren't even bothered to wait for him. He entered the compartment that he had watched the group he supposed were getting their Pokemon walk into about thirty seconds beforehand. One boy and three girls were sitting down. One of the girls, a blonde, looked up and said teasginly;"Gee, glad you could make it!"

Well, at least she had realised he existed, and there was a vacant seat beside her's. Nathaniel shrugged and strolled over to it before sitting down beside her; "Hey, my name's Nathaniel, who the Hell are you?" He asked, grinning.

A man walked over to him holding an orange top of some sort. "A life jacket is needed if you wish to be on this ship, Master Gradex." The man held it out for Nathaniel to take, which he did.

As the young boy was struggling to put the water-gear on, he asked; "How did you know my second name was Gradex? Actually, how do you know who I am?"

The man chortled. "Why, you just introduced yourself to this fine woman here, and I have read the registration documents. There was only one Nathaniel, and his second name was Gradex."

Nathaniel frowned. for some reason, that alibi didn't really seem, well, real. "Okay."

The man handed him a white bag. "This contains your Pokedex and your PokeWatch, as I like to call it."

Nathaniel nooded his thanks and unzipped the bag. He took out a blank watch. He pressed a button and waited for something to happen.

Hello, Trainer 83787348:04, please write down your name using the stylus.

Nathaniel wrote his name down and pressed the button at the top of his watch.

A red beam shot out from the device. A blue turtle emerged. "Squirtle!" It squeaked.

"How this mechanism works, I will never know." Nathaniel said to himself.

athletics_rule
February 2nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
nvm im sorry if i bugged you guys so good bye

Miss Raichu
February 2nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
After her each trainer went one by one releasing their Pokemon. Instantly Kassandra could identify them all, she did graduate head of her class from a Pokemon Academy after all. Not knowing simple things like that would be an embarrassment.

Pikachu snuggled into Kassandra's lap joyfully, receiving pleasing strokes from his new master. But the satisfied look on Kassandra's face slowly faded to a look of sickness as a queasy feeling in her stomach began to take hold.

"I think I'm going to be sick!" Kassandra blurted out with the feeling of her breakfast swirling around in her gut. Instantly the overwhelming awareness of humiliation over shadowed her sea-sickness once she realized that she had drawn the eyesight of the other kids. She jolted to her feet, placing her Pikachu back down on her seat behind her.

Kassandra could feel the contents of her stomach pushing it's way up her throat with each tilt of the boat. She ran to the front most edge of the vessel. Squeezing herself between the protective railing and the cockpit room, she made her way to the front bow of the motor boat.
((OOC: I have no idea what you'd call that little booth with the controls for the boat. Is it even called the cockpit? >__> I don't know. But hopefully you all understand what I'm referring too. If not check out my lovely picture of the boat in the OOC/Discussion thread.))

Her eyes somehow found their way down below the safety railing that lined the boat. The tip of the ship sliced through the surface of the seemingly bottomless pit of dreadful deep blue salt water. Up until this point it seemed that Kassandra's fears of the ocean had just melted away, and were replaced with the feelings of pure bliss centered around having her very own Pokemon. But the moment her alluring dark blue eyes rested on the waves of the sea, all of her irrational fears and paranoia about the sea came rushing back. Followed quickly was something else that come rushing back to Kassandra, the fowl taste of half digested cereal.

She dry heaved harshly and was throttled forward violently as a reaction, she gripped the safety bar tightly in fear that her next heave would knock her overboard. Kassandra gaged intensely once more, this time she was thrown forward, slamming her stomach against the thin metal bars that separated her from the ocean. The pressure on her belly from the impact combined with the dizzying rocking of the ship, caused poor Kassandra to lose it. With a final heave she choked up the disgusting acidy substance that once filled her stomach.

Afterwards she was feeling a bit better, but was still uncertain of the whether or not she was going to vomit again. So Kassandra decided to just slump down against the cockpit booth's wall. She sighed roughly and glanced up at the sky. The brief feeling of serenity was cut short as something alerted Kassandra's attention, it was the soft sound of muffled speaking, coming from the booth behind her head. Kassandra snickered and pressed her ear up against the sealed cockpit. "Is that old man talking to himself?" she pondered, trying to get a good position to eavesdrop on the old sailor.

"I don't care what you believe. We've decided that this experiment is much too dangerous." a voice demanded, from what Kassandra could only assume was coming from a radio or something. It was very distorted and most definitely was not the voice of the sailor, no this mysterious voice sounded much more youthful and much more sinister. And for some odd reason hearing the voice made Kassandra feel rather uneasy.

"But..but..sir... I mean they're only kids! I don't think it's fair that they suffer because of your stupid mistakes!" Kassandra was positive that this was the sailor's voice.

"We don't pay you to think, you bloody moron! I'm the one who does the thinking, and I assure you I've put more then enough thought into this. This is the only chance we'll get to end this issue. The fact that I've even let it get this far is a personal failure, and a huge embarrassment. I will not allow this too continue. The virus is far to unstable, this experiment must be terminated!"

"I won't do it!" The sailor protested.

"Ta' hell you wont! Don't be a fool, there is nothing you can do, my decision is final. Now you can do your damned job and live to see the sunset. Or you're welcome to keep this insolence up, and die with them." Kassandra swallowed roughly, the rage in the unidentified mans voice grew exceedingly with each passing sentence.

"Screw you! I quit, this has all gotten way too ****ed up."

"Fine have it your way."

"You bas..." the old man's voice was unexpectedly cut off and was followed instantly by a loud 'thud.'

Deeply concerned, Kassandra leaped to her feet and raced back over the main sitting area. A look of panic was obviously written all over her face, and as soon as her Pikachu saw her, it dropped it's ears sadly and copied her worried expression. Kassandra nodded to her little Pokemon and whipped it's Pokeball out from her bag, returning it into the the safety of it's ball.

With a deep breath Kassandra announced "I overheard the sailor arguing with someone about..." Kassandra paused and scanned over the four other trainers and began to shake with fear "about..." she gulped "killing us..."

((OOC: For those that wish to move the storyline forward please refer to my post in the OOC/Discussion tread before doing so.))

Avey
February 2nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Nathaniel was doing what he thought he was meant to be doing; bonding with his Squirtle. He had nicknamed him, of course, the turtle would from now on be known as Sammi. He checked out his Pokedex, it was white, and sort of suited him.

Anyways, it was when Nathaniel was teaching Squirtle what was going on, did one of the girls burst back into their compartment after leaving, for the bathroom or something. Nathaniel was intriuged by the shock on her face.

With a deep breath the girl announced "I overheard the sailor arguing with someone about..." She paused and scanned over the four other trainers and began to shake with fear; "About..." She gulped. "Killing us..."

Nathaniel was never one to laugh off something like that, so he walked over to the girl and grabbed her by both shoulders before looking into her eyes, he had learned from experience that approaching a situation as hastily as that with such authority would get him respect very quickly.

He didn't need to ask if she had been hallunicating, she was shaking with fear, and that was enough proof. "Okay, where are they and what happened when you asked that? Second, if this is true, I don't really want to die and I'm pretty sure you guys don't want to either, so do yourselves a faouvour and get your Pokemon out to help you." He turned back to the girl. "Are you okay? You look terrible." He winced as he realised he said the wrong thing. "Mentally, as in, what you just heard... I should've shut up a while ago, shoudn't've I?"

He released the girl and, without looking to see what the other four were doing, he stepped out of the compartment.

This was going to be fun.

Miss Raichu
February 2nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
Kassandra was still shaking in fear, and to make matters worse one of the male trainers on the boat stood up and gripped her shoulder tightly. This was the last thing she wanted. Why was he doing this to her!

"Okay, where are they and what happened when you asked that? Second, if this is true, I don't really want to die and I'm pretty sure you guys don't want to either, so do yourselves a faouvour and get your Pokemon out to help you." He turned back to the girl. "Are you okay? You look terrible." He winced as he realised he said the wrong thing. "Mentally, as in, what you just heard... I should've shut up a while ago, shoudn't've I?".

Panic began to set in, Kassandra gulped and began to explain; "I don't know what happened! I just over heard the sailor talking to someone." With a powerful thrust Kassandra pushed herself away from the boys grip and was throttled backwards slamming herself into the door of the sailor's cabin. She noticed he began to ramble about her looking terrible, but as the anxiety built up more and more, she barely could focus on the issue at hand, let alone his insults.

"Nobodies steering the boat..." she mumbled under her breath. Her mind, being as overworked as it is, took a few moments to comprehend what she had just said, but the very instant she finished processing it she yelled out "No one is driving the boat!"

She spun around and began to examine the door at her back. it was made of metal and had two separate locks on it and a small tinted window in the upper most part of it.

She turned back around to face the rest of the trainers, and spoke softly between each paniced gasp. "Theres no way we're getting through that door..."

Star Girl
February 2nd, 2008, 04:22 PM
After getting bored of watching the other trainers Erin moved Kei off of her lap, who then curled up between her legs dozing off, so she could the proccess of repacking the things she had brought with her in her old backpack to her new backpack. The girl from earlier had just left the compartment running towards what she thought was the front of the boat mentioning something about her being sick.

Erin had just finished repacking her things and successfully stuffing her old backpack into one of the pouches of the new backpack when the girl from earlier barged back into the compartment with a scared look on her face slightly startling Erin. But what startled her even more was when the girl mentioned something about people wanting to kill them her first thought, 'What! Why? I mean the worst I've done is get in a few fist fights here and there. And I don't see what the others could have done, especially the one with the blond hair.'

When the girl mentioned that no one was driving the boat that was a fairly good reason to get scared especially when she saw that there were two locks seperating them from the steering area. She took a deep breath before turning to Kei who was also standing on her small legs looking slightly confused and worried. Apparently Kei understood something wasn't quite right but not exactly what. Erin sighed and said to the small Pokemon, "Come on Kei. Lets see if we can help Nathaniel."

"Nido!" Kei said nodding her head as the two left the compartment heading in the direction that she had seen Nathaniel go.

SilencedShooter
February 2nd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Derek's eyes widened. He patted his Charmander's head (who he nicknamed Flare, and discovered is female.) and looked up at the others. "What are we going to do? The ship has nobody steering it and I don't knowabout you guys But I don't think anybody else is hiding on here..." He scrunched his eyes and looked down at Flare. She smiled and happily said, "Char!"

Derek clenched his fist and looked up. "Well we can't just let this happen....we just met our starter pokemon...I'm not ready for it all to be over! Let's figure something out!" He winced and knelt down next to Flare. "Don't worry..." He said softly. "We'll get out of this...and we'll be the best." He jumped back up and looked around. "So anybody got any bright ideas?"

Avey
February 2nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
Nathaniel dipped his head back inside the compartment to hear a boy say; "Anybody got any bright ideas?"

Nathaniel nodded. "Yeah, don't die."

He left the compartment, one of the girls had decided to come with him. Was that all?

Miss Raichu
February 2nd, 2008, 04:54 PM
((OOC: I don't understand what you're post is talking about Oni Raichu))

Avey
February 2nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
((OOC: I don't understand what you're post is talking about Oni Raichu))

It was a reply to Orange's post, seeing as everyone else went all sorta independent on me.

Star Girl
February 2nd, 2008, 05:11 PM
As she followed Nathaniel down towards the other end of the boat she spoke up, "So, Nathaniel right? I am Erin. Any ideas on what we should do. Your the one with the best situation being the only one here who has a water-type. I don't know if the other's Pokemon could swim. Can you Kei?" she said at the end addressing the small Pokemon.

"Ni," the Nidoran said shaking her head.

"Thought so. Also if someone is trying to kill us it might NOT be the brightest idea to go to the quarters. Because guy who killed the captain might be the one who wants to kill us and try to kill us," Erin added.

SilencedShooter
February 2nd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Derek paused and then sneered at the boy. "Good advice." He said with a laugh. He then nodded at Flare and the two went with the boy and girl. "I'll come with you. I have to see what's going on. He said as he caught up. The inside was a little dim, but Flare's tail made things easier. ".....I wonder what's happening." He said as he looked around. Thing's didn't seem like they were going to be easy.

"I'm Derek." He said to the two. "I don't know either of your names...."

Trainer Kat
February 2nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
As Sarah played with Teddiursa, she noticed the Pikachu girl race back over the main sitting area. A look of panic was obviously written all over her face, and as soon as her Pikachu saw her, it dropped it's ears sadly and copied her worried expression. She nodded to her little Pokemon and whipped it's Pokeball out from her bag, returning it into the the safety of it's ball.

With a deep breath the girl announced "I overheard the sailor arguing with someone about..." She paused and scanned over the four other trainers and began to shake with fear "about..." she gulped "killing us..."

Sarah gasped and looked up at Teddiursa, who's lower lip began to quiver. It wasn't long before the bear burst into tears. Sarah followed his lead and began to sob hysterically, plucking the bear off her shoulder and squeezing him to her chest.

"Why...do...they...want...to..." She took a breath, tears rolling down her cheeks, racing each other to reach her jawline. "Kill us?!" She bawled some more, crying like...well...a girl moments before her death. While Sarah was busy feeling sorry for herself, the girl in orange had made her way over to the door of the cockpit.

"Nobodies steering the boat..." she mumbled under her breath. Her mind, being as overworked as it is, took a few moments to comprehend what she had just said, but the very instant she finished processing it she yelled out "No one is driving the boat!"

"What?!" Sarah yelled, as she began to sob more hysterically. During her fit of hysteria, the other trainers were busy trying to find ways off the boat. Sarah looked up, noticing everyone was gone. The boys and the girl with the purple hair had gone one way. The blonde raced to catch up.

"Your name's...Nathaniel, right?" she asked the boy who had been late. "Can I...come with you guys..? I don't want to be alone..." She sniffed and wiped one eye, her tears dwindling. She blinked before proposing a plan: "What if we...jumped?" She grimaced at the idea of getting wet, but when her life was in danger...

Miss Raichu
February 2nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Ignoring the other trainers Kassandra slowly paced towards the edge of the boat. Complete hysteria began to set in when her teary eyes fixed on the coming destruction. The ship was was veering straight for an Island, at full speed and with no way to stop it. This just kept getting worse and worse.

Kassandra spun around back to where she expected to see the rest of the trainers, but found no one. She hastily glanced around then she turned back to the ocean. Closer and closer the boat came to crashing into the shore.

She grabbed her backpack and swung it onto her back, secured it tightly to her shoulders and clamped the waist strap snuggly around her belly.

"We're about to crash!" She called out in hopes the other kids could hear her. "If you're smart you'll jump off and swim to that island. If you're not enjoy your painful death." the last thing Kassandra needed to do was look out for a bunch of idiots.

Slowly she swallowed back her fears. Had she known that her day would end up with her having to jump into the ocean of all things, she'd probably never have gotten on that boat. Kassandra approached the safety railing and rested her left foot on the top bar. At this point she was shaking violently, "The ocean... unbelievable!" this was the last thought to cross her mind before she forced all her thrust to her right foot and flew off the side of the boat.

Thick, salty water rushed up her nose as she plunged into the ocean. "Surrounded...by...water" if she hadn't lost her mind already this would have been the final straw that broke her sanity. All of her life Kassandra has been terrified by what lurked under the surface of the ocean and now she was completely submerged in it, and to top it off she had to swim to shore. She opened her mouth to scream but it was quickly filled with water. As a last resort she flailed madly trying to reach the surface.

Her struggling paid off and she was rewarded with a mouth full of clean, pure air. She looked to her side to see the boat fly past her side, the ripples from the engine created a massive wave that over took her, forcing her back into the water. Kassandra had enough of the bloody ocean. With every inch of her body and every drop of adrenaline she began to swim towards shore. She'd only hoped the other kids where smart enough to follow her example.

Star Girl
February 2nd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Erin glanced over startled when she had heard the last girl yell that they were about to crash. Thinking quickly she grabbed her Pokeball and recalled Kei to it before stuffing it into one of her pouches of the backpack. She then swung the backpack back on her back tightening the straps tight enough that she wouldn't easily lose it when she jumped in. Before following the other girl's lead and jumping into the ocean.

Acting on instinct and years of swim races against her friends she was able to surface quickly and easily before taking off swimming towards the shore she saw not to far off in the distance. Her normal pace was slowed down due to her clothes (since it wasn't a swimsuit) and the backpack but she was still going at a fair speed. Despite the danger she had just been in and was still in she couldn't help but think that it actually felt good for her to be back in the water again. With everything that had been going on in her life prior to their departure from Mandarin Island a couple of hours ago she hadn't had a chance really to go swimming in a good while.

It didn't take long for her to reach the shoreline on the island and as soon as it was shallow enough to walk in she carefully waded her way to the shoreline being wary of the Krabby that were out on the beach too. They didn't bother her as she turned to wait for the other kids and she could all ready see one approaching in the distance.

SilencedShooter
February 3rd, 2008, 06:02 AM
The next thing Derek knew, the rich looking girl showed up. He looked away a bit, feeling that she would have a better-than-thou attitude. So far, she didn't. Flare scratched her head and looked at him. Derek smiled and pat her on the head. He looked up at the others. "Everybodies here but that one girl...." He thought.

Suddenly he could hear the girl who wasn't there yelling that the boat was going to crash. One girl ran off. Derek paused and looked at Flare. "Alright. Pokeball time." He said as he clicked the button on Flare's pokeball, returning her. He looked at the boy and girl. "Come on. We have to get out of here." He said, before turning around and running out of the boat.

Derek moved until he could see the sun, emerging back on deck. The boat was moving faster and faster. He secured Flare's pokeball, and then jumped up to the side of the boat. He closed his eyes, pinched his nose, and jumped in. Derek hit the water with a thud, and sunk down a couple of feet. Once he gained composure, he kicked his legs and swam above the water with ease. When he emerged he could the the two girls who must have jumped off.

With powerful thrust, Derek swam to the shore of the nearby island. Once he made it, he sat on the beach and caught his breath. He then stood back up. Was everybody OK?

Miss Raichu
February 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
((OOC: Oni Raichu is going to be gone for five days D: So until someone else steps up to the plate I will be taking control of his character. If anyone wants to try their hand at playing Nathaniel, you're welcome to. Just send me a PM ;3))

After being abandoned by his comrades, Nathaniel decided it that it was indeed time to jump overboard. Every second he hesitated to jump, was a second closer he came to crashing on the shores of the nearby island. Nathaniel grabbed the blonde girls wrist roughly and pulled her close.

"I know your scared" he shouted "but you have to jump!" Nathaniel didn't have much time, and he could see it in her eyes; there is no way she'd have the guts to jump off a speeding boat into the ocean. Nathaniel stepped up to the safety railing, still clutching ther girls wrist.

((OOC: Trainer Kat I'm so sorry, I don't know what else to do besides this. You should write in right about this time that you returned Teddiursa. Or something similar so that he gets off the boat with us. I had a pretty good idea, that we both left our backpacks on this ship and was totally forgot because of the stress, so we have to go exam the crashed boat. What do you think Trainer Kay? If you don't like the idea just PM me, and I'll fix my post; I'll be around somewhat all day.))

"Please don't hate me." he pleaded desperately, then nodded to his little Squirtle. Using his grip on her wrist, he swung the cute blonde forward, throwing her off the railing of the ship. He took a deep breath and dove in after her. The moment he plunged into the chilly ocean water he knew what he had to do. Nathaniel took large, powerful strokes and was able to quickly find the girl struggling under the water.

((OOC: This is somewhat bunnying, I hope you don't mind D: ))

He hooked his arm around her waist and pulled her close to his chest. Nathaniel was nearly out of air and it began to hurt, but this didn't stop him. In just a few long strides Nathaniel reached the surface of the water, being happily awarded by the air his body craved. He tugged the girl up above the surface allowing her to take a much needed gasp of air.

Only a couple yards away the boat crashed into a few rocked before making it into the shore, the boat wedged itself up against the rock causing the haul of the boat to be ripped apart. It continued up and over the rock and speed off into the shoreline and was smashed to pieces by some massive shore-side rocks. Nathaniel gasped when he saw the thing he was just on moment before be destroyed. "If that girl hadn't gone to the bathroom, we would have never realized that we were heading straight into...that" but Nathaniel quickly dismiss that thought and focused back on the task at hand. Which was to get out of this water.

Nathaniel glanced over to his destination, he already saw two other people made it to the island and the other was on his way. It made him smile to know they were alright. He slowly let go of the girl, testing to see if she'd swim on her own.

"Are you okay?" He asked through short, tired pants for air. "I'm really sorry, I should never of done that, I'm so, so sorry. Just if you hate me now I completely understand..." he was going to keep rambling on like this until the girl stopped him, but something else stopped him, a nudge from his Pokemon who had just now floated up from below the water. Squirtle was so relaxed and was even lounging upside down, floating on the water. "Guess this whole thing didn't bother you buddy." Nathanial smiled at his Pokemon.

Trainer Kat
February 4th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Sarah quivered as she saw the others leap off the boat one by one. Soon it was down to her and one boy--the only one whose name she knew. Teddiursa clung to her head, terrified.

"Oh, Teddiursa, if only one of us has to live, I'd rather it be you!" With that, Sarah touched the Pokeball to the side of his head. In a flash of red light, he was gone. Nathaniel grabbed the blonde girls wrist roughly and pulled her close.

"I know your scared" he shouted "but you have to jump!" Nathaniel didn't have much time, and he could see it in her eyes; there is no way she'd have the guts to jump off a speeding boat into the ocean. Nathaniel stepped up to the safety railing, still clutching the girl's wrist.

"Please don't hate me." Sarah felt his grip on her arm loosen. Her stomach jumped into her chest. Her lungs inflated with one breath as the cool water hit her skin. Her body slowly sunk, too panicked to swim on her own. Just as it felt like her lungs were about to give out, she felt a strong arm hook around her waist and pull her to the ocean's surface. She clung tightly to her savior, panting heavily. Once she was finished coughing the excess brine out of her lungs, she opened her eyes, only to see it was Nathaniel who had rescued her. He slowly released her. Instinct took over, and she began to gently tread water.

"Are you okay?" He asked through short, tired pants for air. "I'm really sorry, I should never of done that, I'm so, so sorry. Just if you hate me now I completely understand..." Sarah shook her head.

"No, no, you saved me." She gave him a light smile. "Thank you." She glanced around, noticing everyone else was safe. Sarah gently touched her hip, feeling Teddiursa clamped tightly to her waist. She let out a sigh of relief. That is, until she noticed something else.

"Nathaniel! Our...bags!" She exclaimed.

OOC: God, this was short. I apologize profusely. I just needed to write the jump sequence.

Miss Raichu
February 4th, 2008, 11:52 AM
After a few moments of swimming Kassandra heard the boat crash into something. She didn't even look over, she was too terrified. The very moment Kassandra could feel the sandy mud of the island beach she began to run. She put everything into scrambling from the cold grasp of the murky ocean. Kassandra had never been so happy to be on a beach. She rushed across the beach; nearly falling flat on her face from tripping over a bit of driftwood. The other kids from the boat where standing on the beach further down, well at least two of them where. Kassandra wondered if the other two where alright, had all four trainers been standing their Kassandra probably would have turned around and ran the other way, but what if they other two needed help? They might need her assistance.

Kassandra quickly made her way to the middle of the beach. While racing towards the other kids, she attempted to get them to notice her by flailing her arms madly but it didn't seem to work all too well. She slowed down to a normal walking pace, as she was hopefully close enough for the other trainers to hear her. Tired; Kassandra stopped to catch her breath, she looked down and took a few long-drawn out breaths. She took a moment to adjust her glasses then, still a little tired she slowly drew her gaze from her shinny black -soaking wet- shoes, up the ridge of the rather large indent in the ground she was inside of and over to the ocean shore just a few centimeters away. A gentle wave of water gushed over the tip of the ridge and poured down into the indent; puddling at Kassandra's feet. Normally had this happened she would have been furious, getting water all over her cutest pair of shoes, but seeing as she was currently soaked head to toe, it just didn't seem to bother her too much.

Kassandra took a deep upset sigh, but quickly shook off the feeling of depression. She looked over to the other trainers, who at the moment where trying to flag down the two trainers swimming towards the shore. Kassandra began to walk towards them and shouted over to the kids "Hey guys! Are you al..." Kassandra's question was cut off mid sentence "riiieeeee" and replaced with her own scream. The sandy beach beneath her feet collapsed as she took her first step. Her entire body plummeted into a pit that was hidden under a few thin layers of compacted sand. Her landing wasn't very graceful, she ended up landing flat on her back. Kassandra was a little disoriented, and pretty dizzy, but all in all she was fine. She tilted her head up, facing he major source of light that illuminated the underground passage she had just fallen into. With a groggy moan, Kassandra pulled herself to her feet, uselessly trying to dust off the now caked on mud that covered her clothing. After getting her bearings back she frowned and began to investigate what had just happened.

The hole was only about 8 feet high so she hadn't fallen very far thankfully. Dust clouded, scarce beams of light that broke through the small cracks and holes that line the unstable roof of the cavern partially illuminated the large cave. It was very strange.

"What the heck is this, I've never heard of such a strange geological phenomena" Kassandra said to herself. All the trauma from today made it so that she could barely even think anymore. "How many more things can go wrong today?" she laughed trying to comfort herself, but it wasn't really working. She titled her head back up, looking out the hole she had just fallen in.

"Hey guys!" she shouted pointlessly, hoping the other kids had seen her fall down this stupid pit, and where on there way to help her. "Is anyone up there?" she screamed again. With yet another sigh kassandra mumered under her breath "This is hopeless...Can things get any worse?" the moment she spoke those words she knew she'd just jinxed herself. Seconds later the feeling of sea water pouring down onto Kassandra's head proved her right. The tide was rising and with the pit so close to the shore line of course it was doomed to overflow with water. The tide must have only just started rising though, and in only a few short hours this entire cave was going to be consumed with water. Kassandra needed to get out. With one more deep breath she screamed desperately "Help! Please!"

SilencedShooter
February 4th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Derek sat on the beach. He had removed his wet t-shirt and shoes, and was standing around in his jeans. The already tight jeans sunk in more with the added wetness. Derek sighed as the boat crashed. It was OK though, the others made it off. He could see them jump. He had just gone through a lot of stuff with these kids, and he still didn't know ANY of there names. It also looked like his chances of being a trainer could be ruined. He sunk his hands into his pockets and watch the two trainers swimming as he put his shoes back on, and his shirt. Cold.

"I can't believe this!" He thought. "They wanted a bunch of kids dead? What's wrong with people?" Derek kicked a rock and yawned. Out of the corner of his eye he could see the glasses girl waving her arms. Derek groaned and looked away. "What could be wrong now..." He said under his breath. He looked back and she was gone. "Huh? How did she move so fast..." Derek scratched his head again and walked closer. "Maybe she ran away....no, nobody could move THAT fast...."

As he walked and thought, Derek thought he heard voices. "....Hello?" He said as he edged nearer. He faintly heard "Help! Please!" He scratched his head and looked around. Nothing was there. Derek gritted his teeth. "First that girl disapears and now I'm hearing things....I must be losing it." He said as he bagan walking, and not paying attention he tripped and fell flat on his face. Derek jumped up and turned around. "Who tripped me! I'm gonna rock your-" He began shouting before he noticed a hole that was the root of his trip.

As he put two and two together, Derek realized the voice must have come from the hole. He crawled forward a bit and stuck his head in it. All he could see was black. He stuck his head in it. "HELOOOOOOOO!" He yelled into it. "DOES ANYBODY REQUIRE A HERO?" He yelled once again, feeling a little big headed at the idea of being a hero. He stuck his head in as far as it would go, and the next thing Derek knew he fell into it. Once he hit the bottom of the hole, he realized he was sitting in complete darkness. He looked up and couldn't see the hole. He must have blocked it off when he fell!

Miss Raichu
February 4th, 2008, 08:09 PM
"No, no, you saved me." The girl he had just pushed off the boat gave Nathanial a light smile. "Thank you." She glanced around, noticing everyone else was safe. Sarah gently touched her hip, feeling Teddiursa clamped tightly to her waist. She let out a sigh of relief. That is, until she noticed something else.

"Nathaniel! Our...bags!" She exclaimed.

It took him a few seconds to process this, but when he did his instant reaction was to face-palm. "I'm sorry, don't worry I'll get them back!" As he spoke Nathaniel drew his gaze over to the wrecked boat which was now in pieces on the shore line. While his eyes drifted back over to the girl he noticed a backpack bobbing up and down on the coast near the islands edge. "Look I see one!" He exclaimed and without a second thought he took with full powered strokes, racing towards the floating backpack. Hopefully the girl was smart enough to follow him, but he didn't have time to look back. The worst thing that could happen is have that bag sink to the bottom of the ocean.

"I think it's your bag!" He called back to the girl. He couldn't really see the color, all he knew was it was a bright, girly color.

He quickly made it up to the bag, he was able to touch the sandy beach bellow him with the tips of his toes so his fears of the backpack sinking to the bottom where misplaced. He quickly plucked the bright purple bag from the water. Was this the girls? Nathaniel could have sworn she had a pink bag, but no matter. He swung it onto his back and ran up to he beach, where the smashed pieces of the boat where laying.

((OOC: Sorry this was so short, but I'm just DYING to watch Harry Potter, and my finance is waiting for me to finish this post before he starts the movie. XD))

Hocus
February 5th, 2008, 03:36 AM
OOC: Is it too late to sign up as a supporting character?

Miss Raichu
February 5th, 2008, 08:39 AM
((OOC: Supporting character are cast throughout the entire story, so no. But right now we don't need any supporting characters. Just keep and eye out on this thread. I'll get the title changed to something about supporting characters when I need you guys.))

Kassandra saw one of the boys from the ship crawl forward a bit and stick his head in the hole. "HELOOOOOOOO!" He yelled into it. "DOES ANYBODY REQUIRE A HERO?" He yelled once again, feeling a little big headed at the idea of being a hero. He stuck his head in as far as it would go, and the next thing he knew he fell into it. Once he hit the bottom of the hole, he realized he was sitting in complete darkness. He looked up and couldn't see the hole. He must have blocked it off when he fell.

Kassandra was not impressed. "Some hero..." she scowled at the boys incompetence. She slumped down against what she could only assume was the wall of the cavern and let out a deep sigh. With each wave that rolled up onto the shore above, the water leaked through multiple small cracks and holes in the strange roof formation of the cave. "What a way to start...end my Pokemon career. Drowning in a cave" she snapped.

Accompanied by the subtle sound of scurrying Kassandra heard a meek hiss coming from beside her. "Ksskssksskss" Curiously Kassandra looked over into the peering darkness. Obviously not being able to see anything she cautiously extended her arm out towards the center of the sound. The tips of her fingers grazed across a flat, dome-like surface. It seemed to be hovering from the floor, and was definitely not a rock. All the rocks and dirt in this cave where cold, but this -thing- was warm and alive. Kassandra placed her palm flat on the dome and felt it rumble softly as it hissed again "Ksssss." With an abrupt scuttle the little creature climbed over to Kassandra, and rested on her thigh. It had four small, bug-like talons for feet and a hard shell on it's back. Although it was too dark to see Kassandra could only assume it was a Paras. She gently brushed her hand over it's shell and felt too large indents in it.

"This is very odd, maybe the poor thing is badly injured?" she mumbled under her breath. Kassandra always had a bad habit of talking to herself when she was lost in thought. She smiled with the feeling of the the Pokemon pulling itself up into the safety of her lap. To Kassandra's surprise it was very heavy. At least twice the weight of Pikachu. "You're a fatty!" she jokingly giggled while stroking it's injured shell. "Don't worry little guy, we'll get you out of here." she said trying to reassure not only the Pokemon, but herself.

She swung her backpack off and unzipped the main pouch. "That only man said we had a flashlight in here somewhere..." she pointed out while attempted to dig through her backpack with one hand and clutch the mysterious Pokemon close with another. She gripped a long plastic feeling object, with a small button on the side. This had to be the flashlight. He pulled it from her bag and furiously clicked the button. Nothing happened. "I found a flashlight, but I guess the water must have broken it." she sighed sadly and placed the ruined flashlight back into her backpack. Before zipping it back up she felt soft fleece under her hand. A blanket! Perfect. She tugged it out of her bag and wrapped it around the Pokemon completely, then pulled it close to her chest. "It will be okay..." she said, pulling herself to her feet.

"We need to get out of here..." she looked over to the boys general direction and pleaded.

((OOC: Here's a hint; it's not a Paras ;3 But because Kassandra wrapped it up in a blanket, Derek and herself are just going to have to wait till...if they escape this pit to find out what it really is ^_^ ))

SilencedShooter
February 5th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Derek was shocked to hear the girl's voice from the boat. "Ohh...you didn't disapear, you fell down the hole!" He slapped his forehead and laughed. Then he heard her hero comment and his face flushed red. "Well excuse me! Sorry for trying to help!" He said with a scoff. Then, he heard her talking about a pokemon and his mood changed. "Is it ok?" He asked.

Derek smiled. It was nice to see...hear someone who obviously cared about Pokemon. The girl then began looking for a flashlight. It didn't work. She told Derek they needed to get out of there. He reached for Flare's pokeball. "Don't worry, we don't need a flashlight!" He said as he released her from her pokeball. Flare smiled at Derek. "Help us out little lady...we need more light." He asked calmly. Flare nodded and the tail on it's flame grew brighter.

Derek put his hands to his sides in pride. "Looks like my pokemon is already coming in handy!" He said with a big head. Flare agreed happily. "Char, charmander!" She said. Derek smirked and looked at the girl. "Now we can try and find a way out." Derek then put out a foot. "But, let's make our introductions first. I'm Derek." He put out a hand and grinned. "I've said that about 8 times today but I don't think anybody heard me." He said with a small laugh.

Miss Raichu
February 5th, 2008, 03:04 PM
"My name is Kassandra. And right now we really need to find a way..." Kassandra froze mid sentence and gazed off into the far corner of the now-lit up tunnel. "Look!" she proclaimed pointing down to the end of the underground passage, "I see some sunlight, that must be the way out!" Skillfully Kassandra swung her pack onto her shoulder with one hand, while clutching the bundled up Pokemon with her other arm. She glanced back at Derek and nodded to him "Come on, lets get out of here."

The cave, which was now well illuminated by Charmander's tail was long and narrow, the roof looked very untrustworthy and had many cracks and breaks scattered through out its entirety. The ground was covered with a fresh layer of mud and the walls where equally as gross. Not to matter though, if there was an exit wherever this mysterious light was shinning from at the end of the tunnel, then they'd be able to escape before anything more tragic happened. Kassandra treaded lightly, with each foot step filled with caution. Still clinging to the injured Pokemon wrapped up in her arms she slowly made her way to the source of the light.

It was a small opening obscured by recently disturbed rocks. Through the cracks of the rocks Kassandra could see some grass and a tree. This was indeed a way out. She turned around to meet the face of her companion Derek. "The exit is this way, I just need you to move these fallen rocks out of the path." she smiled.

((OOC: OMG short post. But Derek needs to do something before we exit the cave X Also, I'm going to be writing up some information on how PokeBalls and the PokeDex work, so keep a look out for it on the main page.))

SilencedShooter
February 5th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Derek nodded. "Alright, let's move these rocks." He said as he bent down. He pulled out a few big ones before finding a mid sized one. "Hey look at this rock." He said towards Kassandra. "It's kind of weird looking.....and it has a weird imprint in it." He turned his head all around, looking at the rock in different positions. "Huh...maybe I should hold onto this? It could be more than just a rock." He said to Kassandra.

Derek sat completely on the ground and removed his backpack, unzipping it and gently placing the rock inside. He then zipped it back up and continued moving rocks. A few minutes later, the two of them had moved enough rocks. Derek sighed in relief and adjusted his backpack a bit. "Wow, we could have died twice today. We must be pretty lucky." He said with a laugh.

The cave was lighter now, so Derek grabbed Flare's pokeball. "Thanks buddy. Go ahead and rest." He said as he returned Flare to her pokeball. He then turned his head to Kassandra. "So how's that pokemon doing? Do you think it'll be ok?"

Miss Raichu
February 5th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Kassandra was helping move some of the smaller rocks out of the way when she noticed Derek was analyze a strange shaped rock he had found, while looking it over he said, "It's kind of weird looking.....and it has a weird imprint in it."

Kassandra glanced over at it quickly. "That is strange." she said.

"Huh...maybe I should hold onto this? It could be more than just a rock." He said to Kassandra. Kassandra nodded to him. It probably wasn't, but for all she knew it could be more then just a rock.

After a few moments of silence, and nothing but the clanging of the rocks the two where clearing from the exit, Derek decided to break the awkward tension and joked with a slight laugh "Wow, we could have died twice today. We must be pretty lucky." Kassandra just looked at him with a troubled face. Maybe if this whole ordeal hadn't involved the ocean she'd find that funny. But Kassandra couldn't bring herself to laugh at the trauma she had just faced. After finnaly clearing the rocks from the exit, Derek returned his Pokemon and then turned his head to Kassandra. "So how's that Pokemon doing? Do you think it'll be ok?"

Before answering Kassandra quickly scurried out from the pit, instantly a large gush of fresh, salty air filled her lungs. She was standing out in some dense jungle foliage, thick green plants engulfed the land everywhere. In the distance she could hear the sound of the ocean waves lapping up against the shore, so they couldn't be too far from the other kids. Kassandra fell to her knees and slowly placed the bundle of blankets with the strange Pokemon wrapped inside at her feet. "Now little guy, lets see if I can help you." she swallowed back harshly, preparing for the worse. The Paras felt like it was really beat up, but seeing a Pokemon badly injured... Kassandra wasn't sure she could stomach it.

She slowly peeled back the layers of blankets reveling the Pokemon that was buried beneath. The moment she made eye contact with it she froze instantly. "W...wh...what the..." she stuttered. This creature was most definitely was not a Paras. It had a deep brown shell which was rock hard and had two large indents on either side of it. It had two black dots on it's shell which at first glance would appear to be it's eyes, but in fact it's eyes where tucked under it's shell and glowed with an entrancing red aura. It had two sets of little yellow claws for legs, and the rest of it's body was hidden in the shadow of it's shell.

"Kaaahhhhh" it whined and pulled it's self closer to Kassandra. She quickly jumped up in fear and startled the Pokemon, causing it to pace back into the safety of the black fleece blanket.

With a look of shock written across her face she pulled her PokeDex from the middle pocket on her hoodie. She tried to wipe off some of the water that was on it but it was no use. Elegantly, she flipped open the PokeDex and pointed it at the strange Pokemon. A small 'beep' acknowledged that the Pokemon had be scanned and it's entry was located. The small Orange devices screen lit up with information about the Pokemon. Using the directional pad on the Pokedex Kassandra scanned over the Pokemon's listed facts.

"Kabuto..." she began to mumble under her breath, thinking out loud again "Shellfish class Pokemon...water and rock type...typically lives in the sea...and..." Kassandra glanced up from the Pokedex and over at the strange little Pokemon. "Wait... this is impossible!" she shouted. "It says here that it's been extinct, for over...over three million years old."

With a firm 'snap' she closed her Pokedex and tucked it back into her pocket. Taking a few steps closer to the Kabuto she knelt down and scoped it up into her arms. "It's okay Kabuto, I'm sorry I scared you."

She stroked it's rough shell lovingly and the Kabuto responded with a happy hiss, "Kaaaa!"

Kassandra stood up and looked over at Derek. "This is incredible, this Pokemon has been extinct for millions and millions of years. Do you know what this means?" she questioned the boy. "Maybe...maybe that rock you got, maybe you were right. It might be more then just a simple rock. What if it's an ancient fossil. I mean this little guy was down there right? So who knows, maybe you found the remains of his great uncle or something."

SilencedShooter
February 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Derek couldn't help but gasp and let his mouth hang open like an idiot. "That's an ancient pokemon? That's amazing! I'm deffinately keeping that rock then!" He said happily. Kabuto was actually a cute little guy when you got past the evil eyes. Derek smiled and then looked into a nearby pond. It was full of red water pokemon. Derek raised an eyebrow. "Hey, look at that." He said to Kassandra as he pulled out his pokedex and aimed it at the pond.

"Huh....so those are Magikarp in there." He said as he looked at the data. He then put his pokedex back in his pocket and walked towards the pond. "I'm gonna get a better look at the fossil." He said as he took off his backpack and sat on the ground. He took the rock out of the bag and sat the backpack by the pond.

The rock looked old. It was curvy and rough, and the indent that was in it loomed in, as if it was the shape of something smooth. Derek winced, and then looked up at Kassandra. "It really would be cool if this was a fossil.....but...I feel bad. If it's a fossil....it also means it's a dead pokemon." He looked down. "Kabuto must have been alone for a long time. He probably really wants a friend." Derek reached back to grab his backpack so he could put the fossil up.

His backpack wasn't there. He spun his head around only to see his backpack really wasn't there. "Huh...?" He said, before he heard a hardy, "Karp!" He looked into the pond and saw a Magikarp with his backpack in it's mouth. It had a sly grin and it's eyes were locked on Derek. Derek jumped up and pointed a finger. "That Magikarp stole my bag!" He yelped.

The Magikarp swam in circles and began playfully knocking his bag in the air. Derek gritted his teeth and reached for Flare's pokeball, only to stop himself, remembering she was a fire type. Derek sighed and removed his shoes and t shirt. "I'll get the bag myself!" He exclaimed before jumping headfirst into the pond.

The Magikarp panicked and started swimming away, with the backpack still in its mouth. Derek swam after it. "Oh no you don't you little fish! That's my backpack, and you're gonna give it back!" Derek yelled as he swam after it. The Magikarp looked back and scoffed. Derek's blood boiled and he swam even faster. He edged near it, and swam up, literally jumping out of the water so he could grab it. The Magikarp's eyes widened and it swam underwater, causing Derek to miss and get a nosefull of water.

The Magikarp laughed at Derek and continued to swim with his backpack. Derek cleared his nose and looked at it. His rage subsided as he stared at Magikarp in the eyes. "You're a tough little guy." Derek said with a smile. The Magikarp cocked it's head in confusion. "You obviously want that backpack more than I do....so you can have it." He said. The Magikarp looked at Derek, and then looked down at the bag. It dropped it and nudged it towards Derek.

Derek grabbed his bag and then looked at Magikarp. The Magikarp nodded and began swimming off. Derek smiled and swam back to where he and Kassandra were. He got out and stood proudly, with one hand on his hip, and the other holding out his backpack. "I got it back!" He said happily. He sat down and put his shirt back on, and then his shoes. Once he was all dressed again, he stood up and faced Kassandra. "The others must be wondering where we are...sorry about that." He said as he began walking, only to be stopped by a familiar "Karp!" He turned around and saw the Magikarp again.

"What now?" Derek asked as he looked at it. It jumped up. "Magikarp! Karp!: He cocked his head, and then grinned and walked closer to it. "Do you want to come with Magikarp?" He asked it. Magikarp closed it's eyes in delight. "Karp!" It agreed. Derek smiled. "OK!" He said as he reached for an empty pokeball at his waist. He pressed the center button and then threw it at Magikarp. It bounced off Magikarps head and landed on the grass, with Magikarp getting sucked inside. It hit the ground and shook three times, finally coming to a stop.

Derek walked slowly to the pokeball and then bent down to pick it up. He stared at it and then happily put it back to his belt. He then turned his head to Kassandra. "Looks like we both got a new pokemon." He said smugly, and then looked towards the beach. "Shall we?"

Star Girl
February 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Erin glanced over at where she had just seen the boy fall into the hole. She walked over to where the hole was previously only to realize it was now covered. She sighed, turned around and to go see if she could go help the other trainers, one of whom was Nathaniel who was wading through the water again with a purple backpack. She paused to think for a second, 'Wait purple. Nah my other backpack is still in the new backpack. Well as new as a waterlogged backpack can be. Must be somebody else's.'

She was about to start walking towards the other girl when something caught her attention out of the corner of her eye. She turned to see a small bird hopping through the grass not to far away. The bird was the top of it was a brownish feathering coloring on top that turned into a yellowish coloring at the end of its wings and a yellowish underbelly. Pulling out her Pokedex and pointing it to the Pokemon it confirmed what she remembered it was a Pidgey.

Pulling her backpack in front of her she fumbled around with it a bit before pulling the Pokeballs out and attaching them to her Pokeball belt. She grabbed her pokeball with Kei and released her in the direction to the right side of her. As soon as Kei was out the small Pokemon came running up to her.

"Okay, Kei. Ready for your first battle?" she asked pointing at the Pidgey who was still wandering around in the grass.

"Nido!" Kei replied in what seemed to be an enthusiastic manner.

"All right then lets do this. Start off witch a Scratch attack!" Erin said easily commanding the small Pokemon.

Kei ran as fast as she could on her small legs before scratching the Pidgey. The Pidgey realed for a second before returning with a Tackle attack.

"Scratch it again, Kei and follow it up with a Tail Whip!" Erin said.

Kei nodded hitting once again hitting it with a Tail Whip attack. The Pidgey attempted to launch a Tackle only to be hit by another Scratch attack. It went down this time and Erin reached for her one of her Pokeballs expanded it and tossed it at the Pidgey as Kei moved out of her way. The Pokeball sucked the Pidgey in and fell to the ground and it shake with the red light blinking as Erin and Kei watched.

A few seconds the shaking stopped, the blinking red light stopped, and Erin grinned. "All right! We caught our first Pokemon Kei!"

"Nido!" the small Pokemon said enthusiastically.

"Shall we officially introduce ourselves to him or her?" Erin asked.

"Nido ni!" Nidoran said nodding her small head. Erin reached for the Pokeball containing her new Pokemon and released the Pidgey.

Upon it being released the Pidgey gave them a look that seemed to say, 'Who are you?'

"Hey there Pidgey. I am Erin your new trainer and this is Kei," she said introducing herself and Kei.

The Pidgey seemed to scoff and look off in the other direction away from them. Erin frowned for a second thinking, 'What's his problem? Ah well.' Erin sighed and said, "So are you a guy or a girl? Raise your right wing if your a guy, left it your a girl."

The Pidgey onced aagain seemed to scoff but complied raising its right wing. Erin said, "A guy then? So what should I call you. I want a name so all my Pokemon are remembered when we win the Tournament! So let see how about Joukuu?"

The Pidgey tilted his head before shaking it. Erin said, "Okay then, let me think. How about Kyuuten?"

The Pidgey once again shook its head as Erin racked her head for another name, "How about Hae?"

The Pidgey paused for a second but this time he nodded his head. Erin grinned and said, "Hae it is then. Welcome to the team Hae!" As she let her Pokemon get to know each other she turned to where Nathaniel and the others were to see if they needed any help. She approached them and asked, "Need any help?"

((OOC: Wow, that has to be one of my longest RP posts ever.))

Miss Raichu
February 9th, 2008, 10:49 AM
((Still waiting for Kat to post :( ))

Trainer Kat
February 15th, 2008, 06:31 AM
"I'm sorry, don't worry I'll get them back!" Nathaniel exclaimed as Sarah informed him of their missing bags. He looked around before pinpointing a single, bobbing bag off the coast of the island. Without hesitation, he swam over to it.

"I think it's your bag!" He called back to the girl.

"Yeah?!" Sarah squealed gleefully. Immediately, she began to make her way to shore. With every stroke, she felt her hair become caked with more and more saltwater. She wasn't an exceptionally strong swimmer, and with each movement, she was greeted with a large mouthful of the brine.

"Hey guys!" Sarah looked up momentarily to see the girl dressed in orange flagging her down. "Are you al..." Kassandra's question was cut off mid sentence "riiieeeee" The girl in orange then disappeared. It took her a while, but Sarah eventually made it to shore. Dragging herself up onto the sandy beach, she lay there a moment, panting, all whilst spitting the remnants of her journey out of her mouth. Even after the seawater was gone, the taste lingered.

"Where'd that girl go?" Sarah asked to no one in particular, looking around for any sign of the girl with whom she'd shared a boat ride. Her eyes only found Nathaniel, who was seemingly guarding the bag he'd carried onto shore, and the girl with purple hair, who ran off almost immediately.

"Oh," she groaned. "And the boy with the Charmander, too! I was really hoping to use her tail flame to dry my hair..." With that, she picked up the only Pokeball that remained with her, and released it. The small, pudgy bear emerged in the same manner he had previously.

"Teddy, baby, are you alright?" Sarah cooed, laying on her stomach to be at eye-level with her Pokemon. She lightly rubbed the top of his head.

"Urs," he replied happily, breaking away from Sarah's touch to run to her, embracing her head.

"Awwh, I love you too, Teddy." Sarah picked up the bear, giving him a light squeeze. "I'm glad you're alright. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't..." As the bear scampered up onto her shoulder, clutching one of Sarah's long blonde braids for support, the girl made her way over to Nathaniel.

"H-Huh?!" She exclaimed as she saw the bag. "That one's, like, purple. Mine's pink. Like my outfit!" Sarah giggled and spun for a moment, showing Nathaniel the color her bag should be. "It's funny, though, I don't remember anyone having a purple bag..."

OOC: I'm sorry, I really hated that post. -_- But I needed to post something, and if it advances the plot, well...then it was worth it. xD

Miss Raichu
April 30th, 2008, 08:39 AM
((OOC: Sorry about this dying. If you're still interested PM me))