PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever cheated on a test?

Midori Chi
January 25th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Just yesterday, a girl was trying to copy my work in math class. Have you ever cheated on a test or been cheated on?

pink-tiger
January 25th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Why did you make this thread sissy? 0_0
Yes I have and but a I havent since like a loooooooooooooooong time ago. I dont let people copy of mine unless their super good friends. ^_^

Azonic
January 25th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Yeah I cheat and I have been cheated from.
Plus, the teacher is like, never in the room. Its kind of dumb

Signals <33

Binary
January 25th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Yep I've cheated, only tough questions, but I mostly never cheat, people cheat from me >.<

~C3LEBI

B-Baller
January 25th, 2008, 10:48 PM
No I don't cheat. I'm usually focused on tests. If I don't know it then I just think really hard. Or just leave the question blank.

Went
January 26th, 2008, 12:29 AM
In my class, in the economy exams, people talk everywhere, look at others' exams, read some resumes of the lessons, etc. And since I'm the only one in the class who understands the questions, all the people around me are always looking at my exam >_>
Later, the teacher gives them the marks he wants, and everybody complains. Heh.

Amoeba
January 26th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Well... not in exams. I don't cheat (what's the point anyway? school is for learning, not purely to pass exams) and haven't had anyone try to cheat by looking at my answers or anything.

However, in product design back in high school there was this girl who sat next to me who would always steal my design ideas X( I mean, we were supposed to be sort-of friends... but she had no shame. She'd even show me her work, which was a blatant rip of what I'd just done - all she'd done was change it slightly. She did this way too often. Wasn't good for her either because she wasn't exercising her mind and coming up with her own ideas.

Razer302
January 26th, 2008, 05:09 AM
I have glanced over at someones work in a test. I try not to but I was really stuck so had a look.

It got me full marks on the question so I'm not going to complain. People copy off of my all the time in my Business class. I am the best in the class and am miles ahead of everyone so they always come and try and read my work.

Suki
January 26th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Erm, I have cheated in tests. Alot of them actually. If they're not important then I cheat and don't care. I swap answers with friends. I have cheated in important tests though but not often.

EDIT: I cheated today in maths lol, but my friend was the one who was doing the main copying.

Avey
January 26th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Yes. I have cheated in French tests because it's so easy to do so. I've had people look at my answers in Maths, which really annoyed me, so I told the teacher (it was this guy no one liked so nobody cared that I told on him) and his test was thrown into the bin and he was kicked out of the exam.

Let that be a lesson to you people.

Drakorn
January 26th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I haven't cheated in any of my exams, however a few people have been looking at mine when I was thinking. How I know was, I was looking to the left and seen the person look away, obviously he did check my exam. I don't get why people look when you might be holding up with the wrong answers :S.

Super Smash Kid
January 26th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Yes I have cheated before.

pkmnmaster69
January 26th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Yeah ive cheated once it was a music test and it was my worst subject so the teacher told me to revise from the book but i just write some random information on my hand and when i did the test i realized that most of the random information was on the test.

Umanouski
January 26th, 2008, 08:56 AM
i think like this. If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!

Cherrim
January 26th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Oh my god all the time in grade 12.

I have this one friend who was in both my Physics class one semester and my Discrete Geometry class the second semester. In Physics, we'd get these INSANE tests and quizzes almost everyday. So we'd look off each other's work to make sure we were both doing it right. And sometimes we'd split up the multiple choice questions among us so we'd finish on time. Everyone in the class, save a few people with no friends, cheated. :|

Then discrete... oh my gosh that class was so funny. We cheated on everything. One day we had a substitute teacher instead of our bumbling normal one. She caught my friend looking off my paper at one point and chided him for it. She apparently wrote our normal teacher a note about it. So the next day when he came back, he came over to us to talk about it. He thought we were going out (COULD NOT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH) so he said, "I know you like her, but you need to keep your eyes off Erica during tests" and... and... it was so, SO hard to keep a straight face after that. He didn't believe he was cheating at all (I think we ended up doing completely different things to get answers on some questions). Ahaha, we never did get caught, not that it made much of a difference since when he caught one guy cheating during one test, he just had all of us work in partners for the test. That teacher was so weird. XD;

I used to be above cheating and stuff but... I stopped caring by the end of high school. Oh morals, what happened do you? :C

Chikara
January 26th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I did in Spanish once XD;

No one blamed me though. She gives impossible quizzes with like 50 vocab words a week. I wrote them on an index card, and wore a hoodie that day intentionally. I kept the card in there, and poked it out the other side, away from the teacher so I could read off of it. My friend saw me doing this and told me later it was one of the most devious things she's seen me do.

I took it as a compliment~

Lash
January 26th, 2008, 09:47 AM
All the time. Every time there is a test, I know I will get like a 60% on it. So I just sit near one of the class' smart people, and take peeks over at his paper when he ain't looking~
I do purposely miss a few answers just to throw the teacher off. Good ol' strategy. All my teachers are dumb, so they never figure out :)

Olz.
January 26th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I was in maths once.. In a exam. NONE CALCULATOR
This dude who was sitting next to me, while teacher wasn't looking, Took his calcultor our and used it on 6 QUESTIONS!!! I was like.. OH MY GOD!! CHEATER!!!! Now he's in top maths >.<

I hate cheaters. Never cheated.

Anti
January 26th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Never cheated. Teachers seem to hate me, even though I get straight A's, and they always try and accuse me of cheating...it's actually substitutes most of the time lol.

But no, I've never cheated...at least I don't recall ever cheating.

Twinx
January 26th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Well, I don't go to a test thinking: "Who am I gonna copy from today?" I'm usually prepared.
I do cheat if I really need to...

People are usually asking me for help, sometimes they fight who's gonna sit next to me
XD but the problem is I tend to get caught while trying to help them, so cheating isn't a thing I'm good at... that's why I immediately take a front seat in the class to avoid being asked for help. Mean, eh?

Loki
January 26th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Oh wow, cheating is like the way of life. xD

We had an entire ring of cheaters in 7th grade science because our teacher just never cared at all. It started with me and I'd do most of it and show it to my friend, who was also a super-geek-nerd type guy and he'd copy what I'd done that he hadn't and then he'd show it to our other friend who would copy most everything, and then the chain just kept going practically all around the room until it got back to me and I'd fill in whatever I hadn't gotten.

It was like a room full of cheaters but it was insanely fun. xD Our teacher never noticed, and if he did, he just plain didn't care.

Recently though, I've tried not to cheat. If I look at someone else's paper, it's usually only to check my own answers and make sure I didn't miss something. *shrug*

I don't cheat on regular assignments. I think that's stupid because with regular assignments you can just look it up and check it yourself. xD

Sammi
January 26th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I've never cheated on tests. I'm too smart for that. :D *shot* In fact, I once tattled on someone who was cheating. In the 1st grade. I feel kind of ashamed to think about it. XD;;

I used to let people copy my work, though. I didn't think it was bad. I was busted for that in the 6th grade. Since then, I wouldn't let anyone copy word for word, but they could look at it if they wanted.

Shiny Umbreon
January 26th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I have asked for help (copy with permission), and written down stuff in the table without nobody noticing to use it in the exam. But those are ultra rare times. I rarely fail a test, and if I do I'm okay with that. Yeah, I haven't cheated for a long time.

kidpunk
January 26th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I cheated in 6th grade a couple a times, but not anymore. Cheating is a part of life; Like making mistakes in a way.

Cassino
January 26th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I never try to make cheatings of my tests. :0

Kyoko
January 26th, 2008, 11:46 PM
I've only ever cheated once D:

It was in 8th grade and we sat at those lab benches so you were like, super close to another person. Anyway, I didn't study the super hard material that I already didn't get and of course, we had a pop quiz. So, my lab partner let me copy his and surprisngly, I got a 100% while he failed DDD: It was over chem things and we were supposed to write the symbols no the actual formulas out like he did.

I haven't cheated since though :3

flight
January 27th, 2008, 12:03 AM
I've cheated only sometimes...but "security has been tightened" and students have gotten smarter, so the chances of ever cheating at all are low...D:

Pikabloo
January 27th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Nope, I've never cheated in a test. Probably because I'm always scared of being caught, and I really don't like to get into trouble.

Although I think someone tried to look at my paper during a Chemistry test or something. I can't really remember O_o

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
January 27th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Meh. I have peeked a little sometimes at papers in the past,
but now that I'm in middle school, they have created terrible consequences to cheating, and made it harder to cheat.

They make you seperate desks, give you colored coded tests that are different than others around you, etc.

and you'll get instantly expelled if you cheat.

it's like:
"You cheat, your life is a living hell"

thunder owl
January 27th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Cheating is for idiots how don't want to learn . i have never cheat (only in games hihihihi....) but why would you cheat in the half of time of cheating you could learn something

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
January 27th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Cheating is for idiots how don't want to learn . i have never cheat (only in games hihihihi....) but why would you cheat in the half of time of cheating you could learn something

well, a lot of the times People have not studied on a test, or forgot everything they studied.
now, If your like me with a good memory of studies and moments, you could dig inside the confinds of your brain,
or, if your not like me, you could... peek a bit.
The tempation is brutal, my friend.

PunkerThanThou
January 27th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Yep. I don't respect much of the academic system and don't see a point in it, so I do cheat. I feel this does NOT reflect my personality so to me, any judgements passed because of this are fairly incorrect.

Natalie♥
January 27th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I would cheat on my spelling test in intermediate school. But only because I was tired of failing those test.

Lumine
January 27th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Yes I admit, I did cheat in some test a few times back in junior high (liek inputting notes into a calculator), who cares lulz I'm in Uni now doing the course that I wanted, I'm happy.

Lady Nicole
January 27th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Yeah, of course I have. I used to write notes on my legs XD

Degenerate
January 27th, 2008, 08:30 AM
On class exercises and homework, I may have cheated once or twice, copied answers from a friend. Cheating isn't as bad if you know you could do the problem on your own, it just spares you the time. I've never cheated on tests or exams though. If I so much as look at the person's back sitting in front of me, I get this weird feeling like I'm being watched by the teacher. XD Whether that's the case or not, that feeling alone is enough to discourage me from wondering anywhere other than my own page.

Tr@ce
January 27th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I've cheated before, purposely...
and didn't feel bad about it.

Ayano Katagiri
January 27th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I don't recall doing any serious sort of cheating in a formal exam before like sneaking in pre-written answers. But I've tried starting earlier/finishing later sort of thing outside of the time-limit since I always take ages to complete a paper.

In class tests are the easiest to cheat for though, and usually worth the least...

Chibaymega12
January 27th, 2008, 06:16 PM
The only time i've actually cheated was in third grade on a spelling test. I had my book under my desk and i was doing the whole put my head done, read the answers, then wrote it on my papers. Since then, i don't remember.
I get straight A's, so sometimes when i like assurance that i got a question wrong or right, i'd sneak a look at the other people's around me, usually i'm right, but when i'm wrong, i leave the answer the way it was, and don't cheat, which is kinda stupid, but i have my morals.

22sa
January 28th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Oh wow, cheating is like the way of life. xDThus people may murder without guilt =D

Umm, I cheated in grade school before, here and there. I don't remember. I don't care whether I fail a test anymore so have no need to do such a thing.

Anyway, I advise cheating the school academic system. Even cheating is more interesting/valuable then learning most of the stuff they want you to know. Besides, I have never seen a learning system where the learning is actually efficient and suits the pace of your mind, never. So if you can get information and absorb it in a faster way and use it exactly when you need to, do it. It's more important then studying.

Himawarii
January 28th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I actually have,believe it or not >//>
Since we're allowed to check our papers sometimes,the teacher doesn't really look.Once I erased some of my answers that I got wrong and well,corrected them? ._.;
I don't cheat anymore though,cause our school has like,extreme consequences for it ;x [not like I'd get caught though..haha,twice I got away with it this year D:]

Chibaymega12
January 28th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Anyway, I advise cheating the school academic system. Even cheating is more interesting/valuable then learning most of the stuff they want you to know. Besides, I have never seen a learning system where the learning is actually efficient and suits the pace of your mind, never. So if you can get information and absorb it in a faster way and use it exactly when you need to, do it. It's more important then studying.
I agree, learining how to cheat without getting caught, memorizing answers, and so on will be much more useful in the real world. Well, in certain subjects anyways. For instance, most of the things in science like cellular division, mieosis, heredity, and so on will be something you never use if you work out side a science field. History, totally useless, never in your life if you're gonna be a computer worker, you are never gonna need to know when and how the war of 1812 started are you? Most of the comprehensive skills schools teach you you will never need, because nowadays, most things are written in simplist form and most readers read for fun, and don't worry about the exact meaning of a passage. Math, writing, and grammar skills are things you're gonna need, but i'd feel like i was learning more if i were figuring ways to out smart people to cheat, and to memorize answers than learning stuff i'll ever need. Not that i incourage cheating, but i think the school systems need to focus on teaching things we actually NEED.

Gummy
January 28th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry but the teachers at my school are almost begging us to cheat! They're all too lazy to walk around the classroom and a few of them sleep or read while we take tests. I believe the last time I cheated was on a Geometry test where me and my friend passed around a graphing calculators (you know, the ones you can type on) and asked each other the answer to certain questions.

Hmm... I felt absolutely no guilt while typing that. Am I bad person?

LordZangoose
January 28th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I was preparing to cheat for the amendment test today. Then some prick next to me started talking like 'oooh [last name here] is cheating'. That guys a preppy d*uche, if you'll pardon my french. That would have been my first time cheating on a test, since it would be the only time I need it, but nooo.

Chibaymega12
January 28th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I'm sorry but the teachers at my school are almost begging us to cheat! They're all too lazy to walk around the classroom and a few of them sleep or read while we take tests. I believe the last time I cheated was on a Geometry test where me and my friend passed around a graphing calculators (you know, the ones you can type on) and asked each other the answer to certain questions.

Hmm... I felt absolutely no guilt while typing that. Am I bad person?

well, no, if they aren't at least watching you, they must not really care, lol

adding on to what i said earlier, i don't think tests should count for more of a grade than a homework assignment. I don't think it's fair to gauge all your knowledge on a subject on a single piece of paper, some people are bad test takers, some can't process that much information all in one setting, and so on.

Harmony
January 28th, 2008, 09:18 PM
>>;
I did today actually.
I had a valid excuse ! >O;
Algebra isn't my strongest subject, and the problem was rather difficult, so when I seen an opening chance ..I took it.:x

Virgil Hunter
January 28th, 2008, 11:54 PM
yes...French i do it for every test i have in french

Snivi
January 29th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Yeah once, it was like 4th grade, some spelling test - I got caught.

Forest Grovyle
January 29th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Not as far as I can remember. I think I cheated on this quiz at a sealife centre once XD But not on a test or exam in school.

--FG

Saryka
January 29th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I did in Grade One on a spelling test, but I was really bad at it - I was fully copying the words from my textbook while the teacher was saying the words to us. Needless to say, I got my test taken away. xD

I've never cheated after that, ever. I could never imagine cheating on a test. x_x;;

BeachBoy
January 30th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Well I lock down so hard on my tests I don't cheat. Though I have cheated on a spelling quiz IN the first grade, lol. I got locked in a dark closet for 5 minutes, changed my cheating ways right quick, it made a life changing impact on my mind :P
I've only cheated on like one homework assignment, copied my friends answer to one question but that's it. And you know when the teacher doesn't come around and askes at her table, do you have your homework. Yup ,I violated that too... *shame*

Though those events never really matter nor counted on my grade, so I'm half clean I guess, but those events are it, so I guess im good... :D

On the other part of the spectrum, I'm cheated on like the customers at a mcdonalds (a lot if you dont know what that means) I guess when you rack up 100s people take notice.

Melody
January 31st, 2008, 12:05 AM
I can proudly say I've never committed any acts of academic dishonesty ever before. ^_^

Kirlay
January 31st, 2008, 09:49 PM
Uhhh... not really... except in grade 4 and 5 I secretly used a calculator for "long division"
Today my friend cheated on our super easy french test.

RYOUKI
February 1st, 2008, 05:30 AM
Never cheat. Sometimes I look at my classmate's paper, but never copy. ofcourse, why can I copy? i have blurry eyes, and It's too suspicious if you put your glasses in the middle of the test.

♥~*Abby*~♥
February 1st, 2008, 12:07 PM
Yes, I have. And I never will again. D:

Zerrah.
February 1st, 2008, 02:19 PM
I have, but they have been Choir exams. And sometimes when I didn't know the answer to the interval between such and such a note, I just took a peek. Don't worry, I am not majoring in music. Nor am I taking choir next year.