PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Radiant Sun

GunSaberSeraph
January 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM
New Update! Characters, Rivals,gym leaders, and new legendaries added!
I'm Making my first Rom hack ever called Radiant Sun. It's based in a new region called Haru
and its a game adaption of a fanfiction I wrote a while ago. It'll be a hack of Pokemon Firered and here's what i'll try to include:

- All 386 Advance generation Pokemon
- Select Diamond and Pearl Pokemon (including sinnoh starters)
- Phone System
- New Gyms
- An Extra Island Region (undine islands)
- An actual tournament style Pokemon League (With Elite Four at the end)

Any help or tips are encouraged (i'll need a scripter, a person who can edit battle sprites, aw, heck i'll take any help)

Story
It's your 10th birthday and you wake up in your bedroom in Breezefall Town. Your mother greets you and tells you to take your new bike and ride it to the poketrain station at route 401 to go to the Pokemon lab in Hailtech City. When you reach Hailtech, you meet the eccentric
Professor Cedar who studies Pokemon attributes and natures. After you choose your starter(one of the Sinnoh starters) a man from the Haru crime organization called Team Andromeda attacks the lab and tries to kidnap Profesor Cedar. Being the valiant trainer you are, you chase the Andromeda grunt out into Hailtech square and use your Pokemon to defeat him. Afterwards Profesor Cedar rewards you with your secondary starter ( your choice between a starter from any of the other regions) and then he sends you off to start your journey to rule the Haru League!

More Features
- Two new Boy and Girl Trainers with their own speaking roles
- New Team Andromeda
- All Legendaries from advance generation, Manaphy, plus two new ones representing the sun and moon!
- 8 New gym leaders whose battles stlyes feature themes instead of types ( i.e. Sound attacks, special effects)

New Trainers
Like I mentioned before, Two new lead trainers with their own lines in the story. Their names are Hayate (Boy) and Raziel (girl) . of course you can change their names of course. But since i can't do Trainer sprites for the life of me, so i'm holding a sprite editing contest! Here's how it works, below i'll display descriptions of Hayate and Raziel while contest participants will study these descriptions and create an overworld sprite and two in battle sprites (front and back) for each trainer. Once you're done just
email it to [email protected]

Rules
1. Only members of pkmncommunity can participate (duh)
2. Posting my email address here means i trust you guys, so no sending anything besides the sprite entries!
3.If you are spriting for both Hayate and Raziel, send me both their entries seperatly.
4. if you are interrested in joining the contest please post in this thread in advance. (or Pm me. which is probably better)
5. Sprites must look similar to my descriptions and look like genune trainer spites. i only expect the best.
6. e-mails containing entries must also include:
User Name
Spriting Experience
Hack Projects you've helped in
Any other credentials

Rewards
The winner(s) will not only have their trainer designs appear in Radiant Sun, but i will give them credit, and start a Hacking team with them (or join theirs. my strong suit is Concepts and Mapping.) Plus, if i am greatly impressed by the winner's spritework, i'll write them in as a member of the Haru Elite Four!

*if you want to recommend someone then more power to you!

Descriptions
Raziel
Height: Same as May's (R/S/E)
Hair: Brown
Eyes:Green
Bag: Laptop Carrier

A rambunctious young girl from Breezefall Town. Light Brown Hair tied into a ponytail with a white scrunchie/Barette. Wears a Pink hoodie jacket with red trims. Carries a Bag that looks like a laptop tote.
Hayate's Contest Spot is closed
Hayate
Height: Same as brendan's(R/S/E)
Hair: Green
Eyes: Optional
Bag: Optional

Resident smart alec of Breezefall Town with an urge to help people in trouble. Green hair that reaches his shoulders. Wears A silver shirt with black trims. Blue Pants. his design description is'nt as strict as Raziel's.
Hayate's OW(credit to megiddo):

Hayate's Battle Sprite(credit to omomo0725):

Anyways pm me if you want to compete. i'll post a deadline if i see any interest. Now only Raziel is left.

More about Raziel & Hayate
Not all Heroes are exactly perfect. And my two new trainers will have their own share of flaws. Raziel, although a very gifted trainer, has a rather huge ego which puts people off and can get her into trouble. As for Hayate, he treasures his friends more than anything else... to a rather extreme point. Although he would'nt look like It, he can become incredibly overprotective of others. But exactly why is a mystery...

Rival(s)
Ah, the rival... of the greatest staples in pokemon. What feels better than one Trainer dedicated to crush you under the agony of defeat? Three trainers!
I first got the idea when in the other forums about rivals where some people were complaining about how the newer rivals were too nice and cheery, While other people thought that the original rivals were too mean and their hatred against you seemed too random. So in Radiant Sun i've decided to add a mean rival, a friendly advarsary, and lastly, a neutral nemesis!

Hitomi (friendly)
Female
When you first meet Hitomi she challenges you to a battle just for the heck of it. while traveling through Haru she'll pop up a couple of times to help you mostly, but will treat you to a quick sparring match every once in a while.

Mikado(mean)
Male
You'll probably meet Mikado at a mini-tournament in Atmos City. Anyways when you meet him, he'll make it very clear that he doesn't like you in the first scene you see him. Which puts off both your friendly and neutral rivals who are also in the tournament. Apparently you both have a history together, but what...?

Steelie(neutral, you change his name at the begining. Steelie is just a choice)
The first of the three rivals you face off against. Unlike Hitomi and Mikado, instead of being definetly nice or cruel, he'll just play mind games with you when battling, but he'd be perfectly willing to work together with you when the need arises.

i'll update when i can, and i'll add more concepts and maps when i get started.

Towns
The main theme in Pokemon Radiant Sun will be the weather, so, i'm naming most of the towns after words that have to do with the weather. (i.e. Breezefall Town)

Breezefall Town (Hometown)
Hailtech City(Pokemon Lab)
Dunedraft City(First Gym)
Northfront Town(Second Gym)
Kozufoot Town(Third Gym, Poke Daycare)
Sunnycide City(Fourth Gym, Beach Resort)
Atmos City(Fifth Gym, Game Corner, Mini Tournament)
Southfront Town(Sixth Gym)
Stratos City (Seventh Gym)
Nighttide City(Eighth Gym)
Heliotopolis City(Haru League)
(Not all the towns, names are subject to change)

Gym System
Like I mentioned before, Some of my gyms will feature special battle themes instead of types. I can't promise all of them will but it's still a nice feature if i do say so myself. Here are some examples.
Dunedraft City Gym:
Leader: Wave Rider Sandy(Male)
A rather free spirited Young Man with a deep passion for surfing. Being a great surfer, he often frequents the best beaches in Haru when he's on break from his gym duties. He believes that the essence of all beaches of made of sand and water, so he uses both ground and water type pokemon in battle.

Atmos City Gym:
Leader: Generation DJ Melanie(Female)
The most popular Disk Jockey in the Haru Region. Her battling career started when she worked at Atmos City's local nightclub. one day a trainer challenged her to a battle. Her fighting style was so unique that the Haru league council took notice and appointed her as Atmos's new gym leader. Since she has a love for music, her team features pokemon that have attacks which have to do with sound. ( I Have a rather nice surprise concerning the puzzle in her gym... mwa ha ha ha ha....)

Supporting Cast
Professor Cedar
Head Professor of Hailtech City's Pokemon Lab. Much younger than the professors in the other regions, Prof.Cedar's profession is pokemon abilities and natures. In the begining of the game Cedar gives you one starter and then another as a reward for foiling a Team Andomeda grunt's kidnapping plot. If I become great at scripting, i'll have him check the nature of the pokemon at the top of your roster and point out their strong points.

New Pokemon
I'm planning to add some D/P pokemon to Radiant Sun, but only a few.
- D/P starters and their evolutions
- Leafeon and glaceon
-Gallade
-Ambipom
-Gabite and its evolutions
-Manaphy
And that's it. or at least the ones i think are nescessary.
New Legendaries
Here's info on the Two new legendaries! Now new info on Stellibra!
Solentinel
The Solar Sentinel Pokemon
Type: Fire/Electric
Ability: Drought

Description: After Arceus created the sun to warm the earth, part of the sun's essence gained it's own free will and formed itself into Solentinel. Solentinel represents Protection against all darkness and harm, and it is said that solentinel's existence gave pokemon the ability to defend themselves.

Lunjitsu
The Lunar Shinobi Pokemon
Type: Dark/Fighting
Ability: Speed Boost

Description: After the moon was created by the remnants of the darkness that used to cover the earth, the essence of the dark side of the moon was overcome by rage and gave birth to Lunjitsu. Lunjitsu represents Stealth and the thirst to kill. it is said that Lunjitsu's existence gave pokemon the ability to attack.

Stellibra
The Comet Balancer Pokemon
Type: Ice/Rock

Description: An ancient tribal Fresco describes Stellibra as a Justice that judges the actions of humans and pokemon and symbolizes order and obediance. it is said that Stellibra's existence gave pokemon the ability to follow human commands.
Maps
Every time i make a good map i'll make an attachment of it for people to see and rate.

After being reviewed, i made a redone version of Breezefall town. The large house at the right is the player's the house at the left is vacant(which plays a very important role in the story.) the path guarded by the police officer leads to the S.S. Atlantis which takes you to Heliotopolis Island where you fight other trainers in the pokemon league. the path at the right is an alternate path you can take to go home after you beat the eighth gym. the top path is Route 401 where you ride your bike to hailtech city's lab at the begining of the game. i might add a fourth path so Breezefall town will be at a crossroad.
Nin recently created a new version of Hailtech City (Please Rate from 1 to 10) NEW!
http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hailtechcitypk2.png

Extra Stuff

Q and A
Q: Will Radiant Sun have a companion version?(i.e. Red and Blue, Gold and silver)
A: No, i'm not evil like nintendo who'll make two versions of the exact same game and will force you to trade to get all pokemon. Although if there was an opposite version i would probably call it Luminous Moon. But if people like Radiant Sun enough after the final beta is released(which i'm sure they will.:) ) i'll create a Diamond and Pearl remake hack called Luminous Moon.(which would be awesome since i could add a day/night system and super contests. Don't get your hopes up too high though.

Help Section

-need someone who can make banners
- Main trainer sprite contest above
- A pro music customizer
- A tileset that sort of resembles the temple of the sea from the 9th movie.
- Any and all help

anyways this is it for now. i'll add new info on characters later. now i'll focus on maps.
Important News!
Forum Member Megiddo has created an OW sprite for Hayate! anbody whose interested in making an in battle sprite for can use ths as an example:
Now Megiddo's gone and made an OW Sprite for Raziel!
here it is: http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh139/oddigem/?action=view&current=15_0.jpg
(plz post comments! Constructive critizism accepted)
New Radiant Sun Banners
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/1500/radiantsunheaderic6.th.png (http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=radiantsunheaderic6.png)
anyone who wants to support Radiant Sun by putting this in their sig can, but they have to give credit to Nin.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd18/omomo0725/POKEMON%20SPRITES/banner1.png(Credit goes to omomo0725)

Brand New Journey!
The main objective Radiant Sun's adventure will be split into two different Arcs. In Arc1, you will travel around the Haru region and obtain the 8 league badges. Once you do so, you'll gain access to Heliotopolis Island where you challenge other trainers in Haru. After winning the Haru League tournament, the second Arc opens with the Elite Four challenging you to fight them.

To face off against this powerful crew, you must travel to another brand new region, the Undine Islands! Each Elite Four member resides in their own Battle Palace, and after you beat them, all you'll gain access to the final palace, which holds the Haru league's Elite Four champion.

Also, at many points during your journey you'll fight against the mysterious organization known Team Andromeda. what are Team Andromeda's intentions, and what threat do they hold against the entire Haru region?

+Sneasel™
January 26th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Cool, if you can implement all those ideas into the ROM, it will be good.

The best one is the last one, saying that there will be an actual tournament, it seems cool.

Best of luck!

kebbles
January 26th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Cool, if you can implement all those ideas into the ROM, it will be good.

The best one is the last one, saying that there will be an actual tournament, it seems cool.

Best of luck!

Lol itman i've had that tournament idea from the start and you never said you liked it.

adamb241
January 26th, 2008, 08:41 PM
What do you mean by tournament style?

GunSaberSeraph
January 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM
you know how in the show ash fights in a tournament against tons of other trainers? that's what i mean. after you win the tournament you get a pass to fight the elite four.

he probably forgot yours.. sorry to steal your thunder...

Binary
January 28th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Nice, idea, the story also sounds interesting, and your ideas also sound interesting...hope to see that you put them together, good luck!

~C3LEBI

GunSaberSeraph
January 31st, 2008, 02:37 PM
i've been having trouble as to how you're supposed to add new pokemon. like i said above,i'm planning to add pokemon from diamond and pearl (just the starters and some Pre/post evolutions). Anyways, so far i've been looking into it and it seems like i can only replace other pokemon with new ones. does anyone know how to add pokemon without losing any of the others? if i can't how do i change the cries?

Dunsparce
January 31st, 2008, 03:13 PM
All Legendaries from advance generation, Manaphy, plus two new ones representing the sun and moon!

Ironic. About a year ago, I developed a Solar Eclipse Pokemon and a Lunar Eclipse Pokemon.

I had IVs, Moves, Typing, ect. I made them before D/P English Release, so all the D/P attacks have their Japanese names.

GunSaberSeraph
January 31st, 2008, 03:49 PM
really? you want to help me out with spriting my new pokemon? (those two will be the only fake ones i think i'll add... i might add a mew-type legendary that represents the stars.

Dunsparce
January 31st, 2008, 04:08 PM
really? you want to help me out with spriting my new pokemon? (those two will be the only fake ones i think i'll add... i might add a mew-type legendary that represents the stars.

I'm no good w/Spirting. Only Making Facts and Figured For Pokemon.

I can construct the mechanics of your new Pokemon, but only with these

-Physical Description, so I know what moves work on it. Also, some background info, so I can incorporate moves that fit in their legends (I won't tell, as I myself have make 40+ Fakemon that I don't want to talk about much)
-Type
-Abilities
-What are the Generation Limitations for moves/abilities (1st-3rd Gen or 1st-4th Gen)
-RSE Battle Mechanices or DP Battle Mechanics

GunSaberSeraph
January 31st, 2008, 06:45 PM
okay then, here are my descriptions

Sun Legendary(nameless)
Solar Sentinel Pokemon
Large, Hulking. Red and Gold armour. works well with physical moves, but his type allows him to tap in powerful special attacks. i basically want it to use moves like Overheat,Thunderbolt,slash,earthquake,screech,protect. Hms it can learn are flash,strength,Rock smash, and fly.since it represents the sun it's ablity could drought. 1st-3rd gen moves.

Moon Legendary(can''t think of a name for this guy, either.)
Moon Shinobi Pokemon
Type: Dark/Rock
You heard right, a ninja based legendary. his strengths are speed and special attacks,can learn moves that inflict statuses
attacks: Extrme speed shadowball,agility,rest,swagger,... you know stuff like that. Hms could be dig,cut,rocksmash,waterfall.
1st-3rd gen attacks.

in thanks for helping me i'll let you name pm your ideas to me (i'll even let you be my first community friend.)

Dunsparce
February 1st, 2008, 01:53 PM
okay then, here are my descriptions

Sun Legendary(nameless)
Solar Sentinel Pokemon
Large, Hulking. Red and Gold armour. works well with physical moves, but his type allows him to tap in powerful special attacks. i basically want it to use moves like Overheat,Thunderbolt,slash,earthquake,screech,protect. Hms it can learn are flash,strength,Rock smash, and fly.since it represents the sun it's ablity could drought. 1st-3rd gen moves.

Moon Legendary(can''t think of a name for this guy, either.)
Moon Shinobi Pokemon
Type: Dark/Rock
You heard right, a ninja based legendary. his strengths are speed and special attacks,can learn moves that inflict statuses
attacks: Extrme speed shadowball,agility,rest,swagger,... you know stuff like that. Hms could be dig,cut,rocksmash,waterfall.
1st-3rd gen attacks.

in thanks for helping me i'll let you name pm your ideas to me (i'll even let you be my first community friend.)

Done. I've PMed then to you.

GunSaberSeraph
February 1st, 2008, 04:08 PM
Yes! two new community friends, And the two new legendaries decided!

Friends: Dunsparce, C3LEBI<3

GunSaberSeraph
February 3rd, 2008, 07:26 AM
How does everyone like my new map?

+Sneasel™
February 3rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
Yes! two new community friends, And the two new legendaries decided!

Friends: Dunsparce, C3LEBI<3

How does everyone like my new map?

don't double post, even if its your thread!

Map rating: 6/10
Reason: Too empty + square.

Suggestions: Try adding some flowers + bushes, and don't make everything look so organized.

GunSaberSeraph
February 3rd, 2008, 08:04 AM
sorry about the double post. i hit quick reply instead of edit and before i realized it, it was too late.

about the map, it was just a test to layout it's design. if i was able to snapshot the entire map, you'd see that on the southwest part of town, there are two roads leading to two other routes. anyways thanks for the ideas on adding more flowers and bushes, i'll add a revised version later today. remember, don't be afraid to critique me!

shane2243
February 3rd, 2008, 08:35 AM
"Wears a Pink hoodie jacket with red trims." can i suggest maybe not red trims? it wont look very good. maybe somthing more complimentary?

Dunsparce
February 3rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
May I suggest something?

Rather than making towns and routes uniform with a neat-and-trim feel, try to randomize some things. Make flowers appear in random spots. Have somehting like a bald patch ont he landscape. Rather than making the town's borders square, try to add a more natural feel. I do this with my RPG Maker all the time.

I'm really hoping this project pulls through ^^;

GunSaberSeraph
February 3rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
hey, shane if you want to help with spriting or you know someone who can help pm me! (maybe white trims would be better, at the time i was thinking about ten ten's outfit from naruto)

Thank you again for posting dunsparce! you've been helping me a lot so far. you really deserve that E4 Position!

Megiddo-san
February 3rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
If he doesn't, I can make a couple OWs for you.

GunSaberSeraph
February 3rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
really? that would be awsome! pm me and give me your ideas. try and do an overworld for hayate, first. i didn't make his design description as specific as raziel's.

Megiddo-san
February 3rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
Alright. I should have that done soon.

GunSaberSeraph
February 3rd, 2008, 06:44 PM
finally someone is thinking of contributing to the player sprites! looks like i won't have to resort to using the FR/LG trainers.

Yoshimi
February 3rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
FR/LG sprites give me the heebie jeebies.
So seraphin when i finish a few maps then i will count as a staff member of this thread right?

GunSaberSeraph
February 3rd, 2008, 08:00 PM
of course. do i have to do anything special to make you a staff member or is it just in name?

P.S. Megiddo just gave me an OW for Hayate. soon you'll never see the scary FR/LG sprites ever again. hehehe

Dunsparce
February 4th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Thank you again for posting dunsparce! you've been helping me a lot so far. you really deserve that E4 Position!

Thanks ^^;

My RPGs are made exclusivley for my viewing. None of them are completed, because I'm constantly adding more and more to them. New locations, Enemies, Playable Characters, Items, ect.

GunSaberSeraph
February 4th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Thanks ^^;

My RPGs are made exclusivley for my viewing. None of them are completed, because I'm constantly adding more and more to them. New locations, Enemies, Playable Characters, Items, ect.

hmm.. sounds interesting. you know i tried to do a final fantasy fangame on Rpgmaker, but it didn't go so well...

Dunsparce
February 4th, 2008, 08:42 AM
hmm.. sounds interesting. you know i tried to do a final fantasy fangame on Rpgmaker, but it didn't go so well...

I try to make a completely original game, not based on pre-existing properties.

It's easier to do than trying to perfectly imitate a pre-existing franchise.

mistersmeargle
February 4th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is already a Sun Legendary, Ho-Oh and a Moon Legendary, Lugia. And before you say they're not, yes they are.
Also, Jirachi is the Mew-style legendary representng the stars.

GunSaberSeraph
February 4th, 2008, 09:59 AM
no, ho-oh is a represents the rainbows while lugia represents the sea. i only said i might make a mew-style legendary, which i probably won't. i don't know whether you posted this to help me or just to get on my nerves, but my legendaries stay the way they are. dunsparce worked hard on programming their stats, so it would be rude to change them just because someone claims that their not original. if you don't like them, then don't play Radiant Sun. Have a Nice Day.

Dunsparce
February 4th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is already a Sun Legendary, Ho-Oh and a Moon Legendary, Lugia. And before you say they're not, yes they are.
Also, Jirachi is the Mew-style legendary representng the stars.

Oh, come on.

Though one can interpret them as the Symbols for the Sun and Moon, GameFreak has never said straight-out that they are the Sun and Moon Pokemon.

I've always seen Ho-oh as the Pokemon of Rebirth, and Lugia as the Pokemon of Currents.

Plus, I really did have to wrack through my brain to make the Sun and Moon Pokemon, seeing how I was given the Challange of being only able to use Gen's 1-3 Attacks and Abilities, as I'm better at making D/P Style Pokemon.

GunSaberSeraph
February 4th, 2008, 03:05 PM
that's right! what made me so upset is that you worked so hard on creating those only for someone to put them down. i would have been okay with the critizism if he did more research on Ho-Oh and Lugia first. he was right about jirachi. that's my bad.

Yoshimi
February 4th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Well solrock and lunatone are sun and moon pokemon but you are making a pokemon that symbolizes the sun right?
Anyways for the map do i make train tracks or just some trail?

GunSaberSeraph
February 4th, 2008, 03:34 PM
even though this conversation was a little unexpected, it's a good excuse for me to release more info on the new legendaries tomorrow. maybe some stuff on the E4 too.

Dunsparce
February 4th, 2008, 04:04 PM
even though this conversation was a little unexpected, it's a good excuse for me to release more info on the new legendaries tomorrow. maybe some stuff on the E4 too.

I would really like to make a base 100 Everything Legendary for your game. I was thinking a Rock/Ice Comet Pokemon.

GunSaberSeraph
February 5th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Hey, everyone! just for a little break from the Radiant Sun Chaos, here's the SSBB Remix of the D/P Battle Song!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tF8YfmNPVes&feature=related

Yoshimi
February 7th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks for posting it Seraphin sorry for making the gym i havent read the begginning thread that much.
And do you like my idea about the study ground seraphin?

GunSaberSeraph
February 8th, 2008, 04:25 PM
of course i like your study ground idea, it makes a lot of sense concerning his job. sorry for sounding a little evil about the gym,
the first gym will be in Draftdune city by the way. right now i have to upload my final version of Breezefall Town, and the first two routes. once again i'll try to do it by myself to get good at mapping, but any tips will be apprreciated.

Yoshimi
February 8th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Hmm well if you make a house make sure to make the background match what you're making.
No pokemon center back on a mountainous area.
Also make sure the tiles are in good place and don't put grass around sprites.(like you did in breezefall town)
Just make Sure none of the tiles are in the wrong place like a city road going through a house

Well if you want i can make some OW's but i probably won't be that good.
And i pm'ed you seraphin.
Huh i wonder who created pokecommunity?

GunSaberSeraph
February 8th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Hmm well if you make a house make sure to make the background match what you're making.
No pokemon center back on a mountainous area.
Also make sure the tiles are in good place and don't put grass around sprites.(like you did in breezefall town)
Just make Sure none of the tiles are in the wrong place like a city road going through a house

Well if you want i can make some OW's but i probably won't be that good.
And i pm'ed you seraphin.
Huh i wonder who created pokecommunity?

by grass tiles do you mean tall wild grass or just normal grass?

Yoshimi
February 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Hey seraphin i sent you the redid hailtech.
I couldn't change the coat colour without having to change the hair.
And i mean both unless you can manage to make it look good.

GunSaberSeraph
February 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM
i need help with unlzgba. when you open pokemon firered in unlz, what graphics number do the front and back pics for each generation(1-3) Start? and most importantly, the question mark gaps between Celebi and Treecko so i can add D/P pokemon.

Yoshimi
February 9th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hey seraphin can i give an idea of what the header should look like?
In case you didn't know i meant the part where it shows charizard and fire behind it

GunSaberSeraph
February 10th, 2008, 07:34 AM
well i was planning to have a sun insignia in the background with Solentinel standing in front (provided someone makes a solentinel sprite)

Nytkoi
February 10th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Hhhm, You might need some help on mapping, and tiles, but good luck anyways..

GunSaberSeraph
February 10th, 2008, 08:00 AM
i already have someone helping with maps(nin) but what i need help with is adding D/P pokemon.
Plus, i wish more people would comment and rate the concepts of my hack.(maps,OW sprites, legendaries)

But most importantly people who'll actually help me. i mean, this is my first hack and truly want to see it to the end, but i need more input, otherwise i can't make Radiant Sun as good as possible. nobody needs to do anything like make an entire map for me, just any questions i ask could be answered.(still nobody has helped me with the unlzgba problem)

anyways thanks to everyone who has been supporting me so far.

Yoshimi
February 10th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Whew and do you like the picture i pm'd you?
Can you rate it?

Megiddo-san
February 10th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I'm sorry that the OWs completion is taking so long.

Yoshimi
February 10th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Can someone tell me how to make banners?
I'm trying to make one for this but i don't know how.
PM me if you do.

GunSaberSeraph
February 10th, 2008, 11:21 AM
ironically enough nin, you just made me a banner. i don't know how to convert it into a link but i think you did very well on your first try. 7/10. i think you have great potential in banners. once you get better i'm sure more people will view the Radiant Sun Thread.

as for you Megiddo don't worry about how long it's taking you to do the OWs. just take your time so they'll look great.

Yoshimi
February 10th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Well thanks seraphin but i don't know how to do that either.
I'll just put a link under the picture

GunSaberSeraph
February 10th, 2008, 11:58 AM
see? things are all ready starting to build up for RS (Radiant Sun) i'm sure if we keep devoloping everything well, this hack will become big in no time. provided that when RS is done people will pay attention to other hacks besides ShinyGold.

Yoshimi
February 10th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I'm going to make some new banners that actually say"i am a supporter of Pokemon radaint sun" or something like that.
But after you or megiddo make the sun sentinel pokemon do you mind if i use that as a pokemon for a banner?

GunSaberSeraph
February 10th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'm going to make some new banners that actually say"i am a supporter of Pokemon radaint sun" or something like that.
But after you or megiddo make the sun sentinel pokemon do you mind if i use that as a pokemon for a banner?

Of course you can use Solentinel in your banners, Nin. what's the point of having a legendary pokemon if no one sees it. now all i need is someone who can design Solentinel and Lunjitsu.

Yoshimi
February 10th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Should lunjustsu look like a ninja?
Because i think lunjutsu should be a samurai and i saw one anime show(forgot what it was) with a samurai with a crescent moon on his helmet.

GunSaberSeraph
February 10th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Should lunjustsu look like a ninja?
Because i think lunjutsu should be a samurai and i saw one anime show(forgot what it was) with a samurai with a crescent moon on his helmet.

Since it's the Lunar Shinobi pokemon it should look more like a ninja, but the cresent moon sounds nice.

Yoshimi
February 10th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Is it going to be dark/fighting or just dark?Or maybe dark/???
And i remember what i saw tha off of.
It wasn't an anime show it was dynasty warriors.
The ??? doesn't mean the curse move just another type if it is going to have one.

GunSaberSeraph
February 10th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Is it going to be dark/fighting or just dark?Or maybe dark/???
And i remember what i saw tha off of.
It wasn't an anime show it was dynasty warriors.
The ??? doesn't mean the curse move just another type if it is going to have one.
yeesh, NIN, do you ever read my thread? i always make updates on the first post, and if you read the legendaries section you'll see info on Solentinel and Lunjitsu.
(by the way it's Dark/Rock)

Yoshimi
February 10th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Oh no i don't read the first page.
But after this post ends i will.
But why is lunjitsu dark/rock?
It seems more fighting..ish
Solentinel was it?
Solentinel should be electric but it kind of doesn't make sense.

GunSaberSeraph
February 10th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Lunjitsu Represnts the moon, so that's where the rock type comes in. Solentinel for that matter...

i was just going to leave him Fire type, but that seemed kinda boring so i added electric since it wasn't done before. (at least not in the official games) Fire/Electric forever!

Yoshimi
February 10th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Ohh makes sense and please don't "yeesh" me seraphin

GunSaberSeraph
February 10th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Ohh makes sense and please don't "yeesh" me seraphin

hehehe... my bad... i'll be more sensitive next time i'm scolding you. :)

adamb241
February 10th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I like the story line a lot. Good luck with this.

Yoshimi
February 10th, 2008, 08:24 PM
There is no doubt about it seraphin.
Your banner is better.
But shouldn't it say "I support Pokemon Radiant Sun" or something like that?
And do you mind if i make that into a thin banner?

GunSaberSeraph
February 11th, 2008, 02:00 PM
in a little while i'm going to add info the Haru Elite Four.

Yoshimi
February 11th, 2008, 02:04 PM
seraphin did i give you the pokemon that i want for the E4?
If i didn't then i''l pm you.
And omomo did pretty good on the sprite except for the fact that the hands are the same colour as his shirt.

No one is going to rate my map are they?

GunSaberSeraph
February 11th, 2008, 05:52 PM
no, despite how much i tell people to rate your map, no matter how good it is, they won't post.(almost this entire page has been you and i exchanging banter) but when i uploaded images of Breezefall, everybody wanted to comment on how terrible it first looked. how fickle.

Yoshimi
February 11th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Maybe because it was in a spoiler or it was a picture instead of a link?
Because people read spoilers more and would rather see a small version of the map and if they thought it was good, they would probably click on it to see the close up.
Oh well at least i'll be an E4.
Can you give me the info on he map again?
And can you estimate what the size will be?
Either long or wide or 60/40 etc.
And does anyone like my new pic?
And i didn't think it would be rock because i thought that dark symbolized the moon.

GunSaberSeraph
February 11th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Route 402 should be sort of long, but make it's layout simple since it's at the game's begining. add a couple patches of tall grass, two single battle trainers, and near the end, two trainers together who'll serve as the game's first double battle.

Yoshimi
February 12th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hey if you put this in the group discussions you can get a pokemon spriter to make lunjitsu and sontinel or whatever its called.You may even get someone to help you with UNLZ

Sean94
February 12th, 2008, 11:36 PM
It looks good. keep it up.

GunSaberSeraph
February 13th, 2008, 10:22 AM
yes, you all have me convinced to put this in group disscussion thread i'll set it up soon.

mistersmeargle
February 13th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I know you've probably forgotten about my post there a while ago but here are some quotes from Bulbapedia, not ot flame or criticise and not so that you don't include your two Pokémon but just to make a point:

Ho-Oh is the Guardian of the Skies. This Pokémon is represented by the sun, the sky, rainbows, the color gold, and awakening. It is said to glow in seven colors and see into the future. It resides at the top of the Tin Tower in the Generation II games. In Pokémon FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald, Ho-Oh is found atop Navel Rock. Ho-Oh is often seen at the beginning of a new journey, which happened to Ash twice. The spirit of Ho-Oh represents the Johto League. Ho-Oh is the guardian of the Legendary Beasts, and it is especially close to Suicune.

Lugia is the Guardian of the Seas. It is represented by the moon, the sea, the color silver, and slumber. Lugia can be found in Whirl Islands in the Generation II games. In Pokémon FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald, Lugia is found beneath Navel Rock. A Shadow Lugia resides in the Orre region in Pokémon XD. Lugia protects the balance of nature, and is the only creature that can pacify the battling Legendary Birds. One was seen in the second movie. Two more, a parent and a child, were seen near Silver Rock Isle at the beginning of the Whirl Cup arc of the anime. Lugia is the guardian of the Legendary Birds. Lawrence III mistook Lugia for the Beast of the Sea, which is actually a chaotic underwater current caused when the Legendary Birds are disturbed.

Again I'm not flaming, in fact I really do like the sound of this game. And I'm not saying you should stop with your own legendaries, in fact, they're appropriate as they will probably represent the moon and sun much better than Lugia and Ho-Oh did.

GunSaberSeraph
February 13th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I know you've probably forgotten about my post there a while ago but here are some quotes from Bulbapedia, not ot flame or criticise and not so that you don't include your two Pokémon but just to make a point:

Ho-Oh is the Guardian of the Skies. This Pokémon is represented by the sun, the sky, rainbows, the color gold, and awakening. It is said to glow in seven colors and see into the future. It resides at the top of the Tin Tower in the Generation II games. In Pokémon FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald, Ho-Oh is found atop Navel Rock. Ho-Oh is often seen at the beginning of a new journey, which happened to Ash twice. The spirit of Ho-Oh represents the Johto League. Ho-Oh is the guardian of the Legendary Beasts, and it is especially close to Suicune.

Lugia is the Guardian of the Seas. It is represented by the moon, the sea, the color silver, and slumber. Lugia can be found in Whirl Islands in the Generation II games. In Pokémon FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald, Lugia is found beneath Navel Rock. A Shadow Lugia resides in the Orre region in Pokémon XD. Lugia protects the balance of nature, and is the only creature that can pacify the battling Legendary Birds. One was seen in the second movie. Two more, a parent and a child, were seen near Silver Rock Isle at the beginning of the Whirl Cup arc of the anime. Lugia is the guardian of the Legendary Birds. Lawrence III mistook Lugia for the Beast of the Sea, which is actually a chaotic underwater current caused when the Legendary Birds are disturbed.

Again I'm not flaming, in fact I really do like the sound of this game. And I'm not saying you should stop with your own legendaries, in fact, they're appropriate as they will probably represent the moon and sun much better than Lugia and Ho-Oh did.

see, that wasn't so hard. thanks for the post.

Yoshimi
February 13th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Well it ho oh didn't give pokemon the ability to defend as did lunjitsu give pokemon the ability to attack.
Besides it is almost always bird legendaries who did something special.
He is just trying to make a good game with a good plot.
I think its safe to say that people are tired of bird legendaries.
There wasn't a fighting, normal, rock or ground legendary in the official Nintendo games.
And i agree that the new pokemon legends will represent the moon and the sun more.
Correct me if i'm wrong about the legendary types that were never made (in official Nintendo games).

mistersmeargle
February 13th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Well Regirock is a Rock-type, Groudon is a Ground-type and Regigigas is a Normal-type, so you were slightly wrong there yeah XD

Yoshimi
February 13th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Well i forgot about those.
Was there ever a poison legendary though?

mistersmeargle
February 13th, 2008, 03:35 PM
There aren't any Poison, Fighting or Bug Legendaries.

GunSaberSeraph
February 13th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Dunsparce and i also have a third legendary in mind, but i'll talk about it later.

Yoshimi
February 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Awww i can't know about this 3rd legendary?
I should know since i am a staff member.
you didn't tell anyone because you aren't sure whether to put it in or not?

GunSaberSeraph
February 13th, 2008, 03:55 PM
of course, i'll pm you about later NIN. everyone will have to wait like good little children.

Yoshimi
February 13th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Okay while your doing that i'm going to spam *sorry* by asking this.
How do you change the links in banners?!

GunSaberSeraph
February 13th, 2008, 04:13 PM
that's it soon i'm going to do a tutorial thread on the darn banners.

(i'm not mad at you NIN. yet.)

Yoshimi
February 13th, 2008, 04:18 PM
What does "yet" mean?
And does anyone here watch "happy tree friends"?

GunSaberSeraph
February 13th, 2008, 04:23 PM
okay, now i'm mad at you :) later everyone

mistersmeargle
February 13th, 2008, 04:44 PM
NIN, what you just asked was a combination off the two worst things that occur in a thread. Offtopic comment and
S P A M ! ! ! ! !

Yoshimi
February 13th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Well yes i know but DON'T YELL AT ME!
Millions of people spam each day as well as double post..
And be quiet mistersmeargle at least i work for this game!
Lazy..(mutters to self)
And sorry seraphin but i have to postpone the map for a while.

GunSaberSeraph
February 13th, 2008, 08:04 PM
yeah, the only person wh can indescriminatly yell at NIN is me!

Yoshimi
February 13th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Yes he is the only superior to me.
But any other thread and we are even.
Except for maybe the thread team OS that C3lebi made.
And can you send me the 3rd legendary pokemon that you and dunceparce*sorry if i spelled your name wrong* were talking about.

mistersmeargle
February 14th, 2008, 05:26 AM
@NIN: Just because hundreds of people spam and double post everyday, doesn't mean you can do it indiscriminately (sorry to steal your word there seraphinw1) and ths may be seraphin's thread but it doesn't make you anymore superior than me, so get off your high horse before I kick you off.

Yoshimi
February 14th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I've been here longer than you have mistersmeargle.
And i am more superior than you.
Now since you hate people who spam,you must hate yourself because you are spamming!
I'm going to take a break from this thread for a while at least until it goes on gd.
More people here know me more than you and i'm sure they would like me more than you.
Now lets stop complaining and do this in the spam board.
Anyways seraphin have you found anyone who will make solentinel and lunjitsu for you?

GunSaberSeraph
February 14th, 2008, 04:03 PM
okay you too, stop fighting. i'll pm you on the my status with legendaries soon,NIN. i'll ask the moderators to move this to Hacks Showcase once my thread gets a spot in GD.

Yoshimi
February 14th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Okay seraphin i hope you get the uhh... banner thread completed and that i'm sorry for fighting.
I'll do that in the offtopic discussion and i like your idea of the 3rd legendary.
Its like pokemon that keep the universe together.

GunSaberSeraph
February 14th, 2008, 07:31 PM
yeah well, i always thought that Solentinel, Lunjitsu, and ???? would have been better suited as legendaries for Diamond and Pearl since the entire game had a whole "galactic" thing going... but you can thank Dunsparce for coming up with ????.

Yoshimi
February 14th, 2008, 08:05 PM
What do you think solentinel will look like?
Lunjitsu is a shinobi or ninja pokemon.
And ???? is a ???? pokemon.
So what will solentinel look like?
Oh yeah seraphin i think i found a solution to your UNLZ needs.
Here is the link and i hope this helps you.
http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=117015

GunSaberSeraph
February 15th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I always thought that Solentinel might look sorta like a reddish version of Ultima Weapon from Final Fantasy 7 with a huge sun sculpture protruding from it's back. As for Lunjitsu, Shinobis and Ninjas are basically the same thing. oh, and thanks for the thread help.

Yoshimi
February 16th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Whats ultima weapon again?
all i think of is sky,ruby,and the gargantuan 1,000,000 hp emerald weapon.

GunSaberSeraph
February 17th, 2008, 07:04 AM
you know, the huge black, flying one that you get cloud's best weapon from.

Boz
February 17th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I like your ideas and everything, they go together well :D But listen to the advice on the maps! Good job! :D

mistersmeargle
February 17th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I've been here longer than you have mistersmeargle.
And i am more superior than you.
Now since you hate people who spam,you must hate yourself because you are spamming!
I'm going to take a break from this thread for a while at least until it goes on gd.
More people here know me more than you and i'm sure they would like me more than you.
Now lets stop complaining and do this in the spam board.
Anyways seraphin have you found anyone who will make solentinel and lunjitsu for you?

@NIN: You are in NO WAY superior to me, you chauvanist TOOL!

Anyway, back on topic, just on your idea for Solentinel, I think that is a very good idea for the appearance, the sun scuplture could be used for absorbing solar energy as a source of power, likewise, Lunjitsu could absorb lunar energy and ???? could absorb cosmic energy.

Also if you're still looking for a spriter, I'm available.

Yoshimi
February 17th, 2008, 04:38 PM
so they are basically like sonar panels and well...lunar panels.
And stop sounding like your middle age english.
Besides every one is superior at something than someone else.
For example your better at spriting ms but im better at mapping.
Fine then i'm not superior you are just inferior.jk.Now please be quiet before this goes on any longer.

GunSaberSeraph
February 17th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Seriously, if you two waste any more space fighting, then i'm reporting the both of you.(regardless of whether or not you work for KOTR, NIN)

Anyways, tommorow i'll release info on the 3rd legendary. and maybe some stuff on the gym leaders.

Megiddo-san
February 17th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Most of Hayate's running frames are done now. I'm just having sprite frame proportion problems. And NIN... have you started the route? I don't mean to be pushy, but I need it to start scripting the second town.

GunSaberSeraph
February 17th, 2008, 07:23 PM
there's some dude named X-NIGE who says that he'll do some battle scene sprites for RS so right i'm putting him in the proof of work process.

Just out of curiosity, after Radiant Sun is done, should I make a Luminous Moon or something like that?

Megiddo-san
February 17th, 2008, 07:25 PM
That would be cool. It should have a nocturnal tileset.

Yoshimi
February 17th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Well it should and if you can, perhaps a day/night script like G/S/C?
I always expected Solentinel to be humanoid.
And i will just ignore the nonsense*from my point of view*that mistersmeargle is saying to me.
Anyways why are we posting this stuff here?

GunSaberSeraph
February 17th, 2008, 07:41 PM
i don't know... perpetual darkness sounds depressing... (Lunjitsu probably wouldn't mind) maybe i'll do Luminous Moon when D/P hacking becomes mainstream. i'm guessing that after Radiant Sun is finished, i'll either work on the next generation hack,(which i already have ideas for) or i could finally finish that Radiant Sun fanfic. (the entire series is already planned out in my head, i'm just being lazy)

Megiddo-san
February 17th, 2008, 07:44 PM
A D/P hack would be awesome. Are ya gonna answer me NIN?

GunSaberSeraph
February 17th, 2008, 07:57 PM
day and night scripting would be too hard. so D/P hacking would be the way to go...
i'm thinking ahead of myself....

Yoshimi
February 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM
well seraphin there is this person who made a hack with a day/night script somewhere in the emulation forums.
Or you could hack G/S/C and find out how the script thingamajig works.
Well maybe it won't work for FR/LG.

Megiddo-san
February 17th, 2008, 08:05 PM
It would be cool, but a D/P hack would be just as cool. ^I'll take that as a no.

GunSaberSeraph
February 17th, 2008, 08:16 PM
As far as i see, there won't be a Day/Night system in RS but in LM it won't be a problem if D/P hacking receives enough support. let's continue this in the KOTR thread tommorow.

mistersmeargle
February 18th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Well there is a way to get day-night to work, if you have a script that changes the weather at certain times from Normal to Bit dark, not sure how though.

GunSaberSeraph
February 18th, 2008, 10:20 AM
yeah, i think the guy who made eissturm was able to put in a day/night script, but i think it's better to wait until we can D/P hack. that way a Day/Night system could be one of the features that'll make people want to play through haru again.

Yoshimi
February 19th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Well unless LU-HO gets started right away, i don't think that will happen for a loonggg time.

aerowolf
February 19th, 2008, 04:42 PM
This is one of the ideas I've really liked. Keep it up and I hope to play it when it's done (or even in testing)

GunSaberSeraph
February 19th, 2008, 06:32 PM
thanks. it's comments like that which give me a lot of hope. i'm not sure when RS will be finished, but by summer we should at least have one beta.

mistersmeargle
February 20th, 2008, 09:36 AM
After reading through the whole thread, I've decided that NIN is a amadán chríochanaigh and therefore will not be giving him any more of my precious time and attention.

In other news, I just noticed that Radiant Sun's initials are the same as Ruby Sapphire, which is kind of cool. Also, in relation to your plans for Luminous Moon, make LM as an Advance Hack counterpart to this but when D/P hacking is available make a third one, something like Shimmering Twilight or Dark Eclipse or something. Also, not to bash the name, but Luminous Moon is self-contradictory as the moon by nature is non-luminous.

GunSaberSeraph
February 20th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Okay, here are the names for the Haru Trinity:

Radiant Sun

Abyssmal Moon (it still might be Luminous)

Florescent Comet

I think those names are fine... although i like Luminous more than Abyssmal but i'll do a poll on that if i can't choose. Really right now my team is focusing on Radiant Sun, but i guess we can do Luminous Moon like a month after when we get a little bored. The only significant differences could be a different header, and Solentinel and Lunjitsu's events could be switched. In RS i was planning to have you fight Lunjitsu in the Undine Archepalago Saga while your fighting the Elite Four.

As for Florescent Comet... you can all probably guess what the third legendary is based off of now.

P.S. don't be so hard on NIN. he's really a nice guy, he's just overprotective of me because i'm his boss.
I hate the way Abyssmal sounds. it'll stay Luminous Moon for now.

mistersmeargle
February 21st, 2008, 08:11 AM
I'm talking about NIN being a self-superior tool. He is in NO WAY superior to me and is extremely ignorant of this fact. He also called me lazy because I'm not a KOTR or working on this, despite the fact I'm working on my own hack and several others. If he doesn't get off his high horse, then I'll do more than knock him off, I'll shoot the effing horse.

GunSaberSeraph
February 21st, 2008, 09:40 AM
that's it will you two just cut it out? every post with you two is "NIN's an idiot this," and "Mistersmeargle is a fool that" this is quite possibly the gayest fight i've ever seen. this thread isn't you two proving which one of you is the bigger douche-bag, it about my hack, and you're both ruining it's image.

I understand that you don't like NIN acting superior to you, but the only reason he said that is because he thought you were bashing RS and he overreacted. An do you know what? you both need to freaking get over it. Nobody enjoys listening to this completly pointless fight and it's only ruining both of your reputations. what if leaders of hacking teams you want to join see this? they won't hire you because you both look like a bunch of idiotic fools.

As of now, if either you, or NIN comment on anything that isn't completly about Radiant Sun, i'm reporting the both of you and i'm kicking NIN out of my team. I'm not asking you two to apoligize to each other, i just want you two, and anybody else who's trying to turn this hack into a piece of crap to shut the hell up.

Cynic Kaka
February 21st, 2008, 03:24 PM
wtf...your sig...

who gave them to you?

I thought on Pokecharms.com i specifically stated you needed permission!

Anyway, I PMed you gallade dude!

Gallade: I posted another PM

GunSaberSeraph
February 22nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
i made them myself at pokecharms....

Cynic Kaka
February 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Lol sorry shouldn't have snapped seraphin, but please at least ask first.

GunSaberSeraph
February 22nd, 2008, 09:23 AM
ask? wait i'm confused.... when i make trainer cards am i supposed to give credit to you or something? i based those two on the boy and girl trainers in Radiant Sun.

Cynic Kaka
February 22nd, 2008, 09:25 AM
The site says "Do not use trainer cards for purposes other than to use in the forums without consent"

GunSaberSeraph
February 22nd, 2008, 09:34 AM
but i only use them in forums... if you mean that they can't be based off characters in a game, that's not true because the site says you can use them for that.

Cynic Kaka
February 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
but i only use them in forums... if you mean that they can't be based off characters in a game, that's not true because the site says you can use them for that.

It does? Heh, I've been off for a long time then

GunSaberSeraph
February 22nd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Right now NIN and i are working on the region map.

manaphyione
February 23rd, 2008, 06:11 AM
when is the release date ?
Jet's PokePet (http://pokejungle.net/?id=other/pokepet)
http://pokejungle.net/other/pokepet/trainers/red.png http://pokejungle.net/other/pokepet/Dialga.png
Ultima the level 99 Dialga!

GunSaberSeraph
February 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
just to make myself clear:

I DO NOT GIVE RELEASE DATES!!!

i really have no idea when even betas will come out. you just have to be patient.

cpsp
March 15th, 2008, 10:07 AM
this aint lookin bad. I like the ideas so far.
You ever think about putting this in the showcase?
You'll get more help and support there.

Megiddo-san
March 15th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I think that he plans to do so soon.

Yoshimi
March 15th, 2008, 10:49 AM
he is going to do it soon after he gets screenshots.
and sorry seraphin but i can't send you the .map file of hailtech because my file w/ hailtech in it doesn't work because i tried it w/ AM 1.9 and it doesn't work on any AM anymore.
i'll remake it though.

GunSaberSeraph
March 15th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Don't sweat it. i'll be able to do more work now that i finally finshed fire emblem. now if i can pull myself away from Bleach on youtube...

Yoshimi
March 15th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Don't sweat it. i'll be able to do more work now that i finally finshed fire emblem. now if i can pull myself away from Bleach on youtube...

lol i'm having the same trouble.why else would i have this pic?
anyways do you want me to exactly remap it or make some differences?
sorry that i lost it because i was lazy and had a lot of copied FR roms.

GunSaberSeraph
March 15th, 2008, 04:21 PM
i liked the first map you made for it, but if you want to make any changes than that's fine. just as long as you keep the same basic design.

Yoshimi
March 15th, 2008, 04:49 PM
i liked the first map you made for it, but if you want to make any changes than that's fine. just as long as you keep the same basic design.

okay then.
I will change the ledges because i noticed that it is too close to the end and the border block is trees so if get to the pokeball in hailtech the trees will be next to the mountain ledges which will be really weird.
there are a couple of others but i forgot about them.
and i see you changed lunjitsu's type.

~Ryukaa
March 15th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Have you sprited the sun and moon pokemon? I could do it for you if you want?

Yoshimi
March 15th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Have you sprited the sun and moon pokemon? I could do it for you if you want?

no i don't think anyone has.
feel free to do it but beware of constructive criticism.
even though i probably am terrible at spriting compared to you i will still point out the problems and complain sometimes about the shape(like if snorlax has abs instead of a belly).
But if you can make those it would be greatly appreciated.
you'll probably be in the E4 if seraphin likes the sprites enough.
So sorry to put pressure on you but they are the main pokemon and are a big part of the game.
and remember...take your time and make sure it looks like the description.
Good luck though!

GunSaberSeraph
March 15th, 2008, 05:15 PM
of course you could try to sprite Solentinel and Lunjitsu. don't bother trying to do anything with Stellibra though. for now, i'd like to see what you can do.

~Ryukaa
March 17th, 2008, 11:44 PM
well... here is Solentinel!
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd74/digital6m/sol.jpg
but just an example.
don't insert it yourself because photobucket put too many palettes in it.

X-Buster
March 18th, 2008, 05:06 AM
It looks nice but it needs to be detailed like the color, shape and everything that needs to be detailed..!

Yoshimi
March 18th, 2008, 07:13 AM
i honestly thought solentinel would be more human shaped because of a awesome yu-gi-oh card i saw.
But lets see...
1.the shading is wrong
2.this isn't anything wrong but does it have to be a snake?
3.lack of improviasation
4.when the yellow skin meets the red skin,it looks like it is getting skinned
I think thats all i see.
work on it and i'll try to see if there is a pokemon i could suggest you edit if seraphin told me its height and weight.
remember...constructive criticism
but seraphin i think solentinels ability should be changed.
I think it should be changed into something sleep resistant like vital spirit because i can't sleep when the sun is up.

GunSaberSeraph
March 18th, 2008, 05:36 PM
you mean early bird NIN?

Sorry Shadow, but you got solentiel completly wrong. it's my fault really. i should have given you an accurate description first. (he should be more humanoid in shape)

Yoshimi
March 18th, 2008, 05:41 PM
you mean early bird NIN?

Sorry Shadow, but you got solentiel completly wrong. it's my fault really. i should have given you an accurate description first. (he should be more humanoid in shape)

yeah something like that.
but since it isn't bird or flying(only missingno is bird) maybe vital spirit or insomnia.
but doesn't early bird just make you wake up earlier?

GunSaberSeraph
March 19th, 2008, 05:42 PM
yes, you're right. Vital Spirit sounds good. Anyways, i found a great new trainer editor, it will help me wait until Darthatron's comes out.

*trying to pull myself away from watching Bleach*(oh that's right, i can't)

Megiddo-san
March 19th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Is it the one that was posted recently in the toolbox? Do you know how to solve the OW problem?

GunSaberSeraph
March 19th, 2008, 05:51 PM
umm... OW problem? i don't remember it...

Megiddo-san
March 19th, 2008, 05:52 PM
The problem is that the call out pokemon frames of ruby are double the width of those of firered and when I resize them in paint they get messed up.

GunSaberSeraph
March 20th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I tried solving that after looking at a couple of tutorials, but i still haven't figured that out.

*Screaming in delight because i just learned how to do egg scripts*(frowning because now i have to learn shiny scripts. aww...)

Megiddo-san
March 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Shiny involves a little asm. Just take a look at Mastemind_X's tutorial.

GunSaberSeraph
March 20th, 2008, 07:10 PM
yes i know... i'm still glad that i learned egg scripts. i changed a firered rom so gary gives you an Eevee egg then tells you to go hell. There goes the neighborhood...

this is sort of out of topic, but i heard CBM is updating Pokemon Brown and is adding Johto pokemon. he showed everyone proof too. Life just keeps getting grander.

Megiddo-san
March 20th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I can script as well if you need another scripter.

GunSaberSeraph
March 20th, 2008, 07:25 PM
no, i'm fine for now. i'm also thinking about making a website about Radiant Sun. I was at the top of my Web Design class last year, so it wuld be pretty easy to do.

Megiddo-san
March 20th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Okay. A website would be cool.

GunSaberSeraph
March 21st, 2008, 07:37 PM
yep, i'll add walkthroughs and betas and screenshots... pretty much anything

Yoshimi
April 17th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I hope you are working on the site seraphin.
its been a while so i expect it to be close to done.
and do you want me to make the world map?

GunSaberSeraph
April 17th, 2008, 05:25 PM
no, it's not close to done.... lately some bad things have been happening, and i couldn't do any production on any of my projects...

But, some good news, is that i'm starting to work more now, and once Radiant Sun is finished, i'd be willing to make a companion version

Yoshimi
April 17th, 2008, 05:38 PM
maybe the difference in the companion is the story a little and you get lunjutsu earlier.
but is there going to be an ememy team like in ruby/saphhire/emerald?

GunSaberSeraph
April 17th, 2008, 06:05 PM
there's only going to be one evil team (Team Andromeda)

but some of the Admins could be different. I already have some name ideas:

Schiffer
Sayaka
Valerie
Lando

Yoshimi
April 17th, 2008, 06:13 PM
those are good.
except for shciffer.
it sounds like a guy who goes to work and gets yelled at a lot.
but what do you think is missing in the map?

GunSaberSeraph
April 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Maybe Schiffer can be the complete screw-up. every diabolical team needs one!

Yoshimi
April 17th, 2008, 06:43 PM
you mean schiffer is the jessie/james of andromeda?
Well you are right about the diabolical screw up part.
but i can't remember if you ever told us what the andromeda team was doing.
are they trying to catch a certain pokemon(really cliche) or are they just like team rocket?

GunSaberSeraph
April 17th, 2008, 06:51 PM
i not too sure on what they're trying to do yet... since solentinel and lunjitsu's existence governs whether other pokemon can attack and defend, maybe Andromeda would use them to control pokemon and become a major world power?

Yoshimi
April 17th, 2008, 06:56 PM
sounds great.
get control of all the pokemon to rule the world.
how about stellibra?
would they try to catch it or is it hidden?

GunSaberSeraph
April 17th, 2008, 07:05 PM
i think Stellibra should be hidden, but just so you remember his existence makes pokemon follow the commands of their trainers

Yoshimi
April 17th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Okay but it would be better if andromeda chased stellibra too because i forgot what it was about.
here i'll PM you so it doesn't take up as much space.

GunSaberSeraph
April 17th, 2008, 07:29 PM
well i had an idea where Stellibra has a safty mechanism that causes him to travel toward earth whenever Solentinel and Lunjitsu are awakened, and Andromeda knew that the entire time.

Yoshimi
April 17th, 2008, 07:31 PM
maybe we should delete our posts and write this down on a notepad.
we don't want to spoil the surprise do we?
and it seems pretty complicated but yeah, that should work just fine.
one question though...are you good at connections?

GunSaberSeraph
April 17th, 2008, 07:40 PM
oh, you're right i'll take this down when i get the chance.
as for Connections, i can learn

Cynic Kaka
May 9th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Is this project given up?!

Yoshimi
May 9th, 2008, 04:36 PM
No but i didn't hear from seraphin in a while.
maybe he is trying to get this into the hacks showcase.

Cynic Kaka
May 10th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Man...this game was going to be my top favorite too.

GunSaberSeraph
May 10th, 2008, 09:02 AM
no, the project's not given up, i just haven't had any time to set up anything because of school, and i'll have maore time when summer starts in a couple of weeks. truly sorry for the delays....

Chimchar 9
May 13th, 2008, 11:38 AM
looks really good good luck on your hack

Platinum Lucario
May 14th, 2008, 03:29 AM
It looks really nice, it's a good hack! I hope you also insert some new tiles. :)

GunSaberSeraph
May 14th, 2008, 03:50 PM
yeah, i will, thanks for the support. production won't really start until a couple of weeks from now though.

PokemonFreak09
August 26th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Hee-Hee Im also making a pokemon hack but i cants find a rom copattable with NARC... :P