PDA

View Full Version : Best Ruby/Sapphire starter pokemon

Tains
July 10th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Since I just joined PC I had the idea of starting over in my game. Because if i have problems I can ask you guys for help. So Since I am starting over. at the beginning. Which started pokemon should I choose?

Simon
July 10th, 2004, 01:04 PM
For, me Torchic seems to be the easiest to train. Most of the early trainers use bug types so Ember can wipe them all out while you evolve it. But you'll have to learn doUBLE kICK ONCE IT EVOLVES OR YOU'LL HAVE A HARD TIME AGAISNT THE rUSTBORO GYM. Stupid caps lock. Not gonna bother re-typing it.

I've never used Mudkip before.

Treecko is the one I chose the last time I started a new game. It's pretty easy erly on with it in my opinion....

So...Teecko and Torchic.

TeamMagmaGengar
July 10th, 2004, 01:23 PM
I think Mudkip it gets realy powerful if u train it well and it will help against the first gym

Tains
July 10th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Come on people i need to start the game sooner then later!! Which pokemon should i choose?

Frostweaver
July 10th, 2004, 02:55 PM
all of them are very powerful and definitely usable... it's a lot better than older versions where one starter *coughthegrassonecough* is obviously weaker than the other two. This time all of them are useful. You can just pick either one and it'll be fine.

However, save the game before choosing the starter, and keep restarting until you get a female version of the starter... this way it allows you to breed your starting Pokemon to get valuable egg moves, or republicate your starter Pokemon so you can trade it away with friends for other valuable Pokemon/items.

Tetris
July 10th, 2004, 03:03 PM
I vote Torchic, because Torchic is cute to me, and because Torchic soon grows to be a butt-kicker at the Elite Four, if I have my facts straight, maybe right :) , and maybe not :sleeping: . Hope ya good luck on your game file.
~Tetris

Jaden Korr
July 10th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Swampert by far! Swampert is strong vs. every gym leader(even Wattson, Swampert is part ground, you know ;) ).

Tains
July 10th, 2004, 03:30 PM
heh well thanks all for your help i've chosen my starter and it isnt mudkip

mewtwo87
July 10th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I think the coolest one is torchic because blaziken is cool, but mudkip is the strongest and swampert is strongest too.

- .] 5cếptlế }},, +
July 11th, 2004, 11:40 AM
its really obvious who i like. i love the grass types because they can regenerate!

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
July 14th, 2004, 03:40 PM
When I was decided, I couldn't choose between Mudkip and Torchic. I've been able to use both of them really well. They're can both be really strong, and my decision came down to their last evolution. Swampert is really good, but it's fainted more times than my Blaziken did. Well,that might be my fault...so, eitherone of them. Doesn't matter.

BigBoss
July 15th, 2004, 06:51 AM
mudkip sucks. It is very weak after battiling Norman. Torchic is best cause you can not only find a way to beat most gyms, (ex: Double Kick at Roxanne; peck at Brawly; etc.) but you kick butt at the E4! Treeko is okay all the way but I recomend Torchic.

--White Wolf--
July 15th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Torchic couse Blaziken is freakin coowl

Greetz,

WW

Yami's Girl
July 16th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Mudkip cuz I love water types and cuz Swamperts really strong!

IceKitten
July 16th, 2004, 01:16 PM
I picked Torchic when I first began, because it's evos is the only Fire/Fightning in the game, you shouldn't worry about picking a certain starter because of the gyms, u can get a Swampert filler later on (Whiscash) and maybe a Sceptile filler? Well maybe not because it can learn the almighty Leaf Blade, but meh.

Master_Zangoose
July 16th, 2004, 05:16 PM
But wishcash dosen't naturally learn earthquake does it? As far as I know it dosen't, does it? And swampert has a great moveset, wishcash isn't exactly comparable to swampert as far as I'm concerned.

SKainuiG
July 16th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Mudkip is my favorite, but then again Treecko can learn Giga Drain and False Swipe which are my favorites because no matter what level you're at compared to your opponent, the get down to one life. It's useful for completing pokedex's and Giga Drain also gains you life, but that's just my preference. It just seems to me like it was easier to go through the game with Treecko... too bad it only got 2 votes.

Febbie8
July 17th, 2004, 04:02 AM
i like treecko :K i got mine to level 100 except it has bad defense :( hey... do natures affect their stats? i think they do... :/

IceKitten
July 17th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Actually Whiscash does learn Earthquake naturally =)

Iveechan
July 17th, 2004, 11:32 AM
At level 36 or 37 I believe. Well, it's before level 40 I know that, much earlier than Swampert. And the Mudkip line get BETTER after beating Norman because you can get Ice Beam on the sunken ship and Ice is strong to a lot of common types. You can beat the whole game using only Mudkip and its evo's. I've done it.

And yes, all but 5 natures effect stats. Hardy, Serious, Docile, Bashful, and some other one are nuetral natures, others will increase a stat while decreasing another, like Adamant which increases Attack but decreases Special Attack.

Febbie8
July 17th, 2004, 11:35 AM
hey how do you guys get the trainer cards????? please tell me!! :'(

are there anyother pokemon that learn false swipe besides sceptile? does anybody know how i can get my tyrogue to evolve into a hitmontop? its the only hitmon i dont have... i didnt get a chance to shark one >:K

Toothache
July 17th, 2004, 11:54 AM
hey how do you guys get the trainer cards????? please tell me!! :'(

are there anyother pokemon that learn false swipe besides sceptile? does anybody know how i can get my tyrogue to evolve into a hitmontop? its the only hitmon i dont have... i didnt get a chance to shark one >:K

Zangoose is another Pokemon that learns False Swipe. They are only available to catch in Ruby, however.

To evolve a Hitmontop, you need to have both Attack and Defence at the same stat level. So, they need to be both at 60 each, for example.

Febbie8
July 17th, 2004, 11:57 AM
oh thanx what level does zangoose learn false swipe? i have one on saph that knows crush claw :) how about getting a hitmon lee? i know how to get hitmon top and hitmon chan but how do you get hitmonlee? do you have to have attack as the highest? thats what im guessing :P

im trying to go to the requests but for some reason i cant open the chat page >:@

Toothache
July 17th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Hitmonlee needs a higher Defence than it's Attack. And Zangoose learns False Swipe at L57. Happy levelling :-)

IceKitten
July 17th, 2004, 12:05 PM
You can also get a Swablu with Flase Swipe from Pokmon Box if u trade lots of Pokmons =P

Aiya Quackform
July 17th, 2004, 08:59 PM
I like Sceptile. It has several excellent uses, including sp sweeping and, my fav, toxistalling. Also consider that you have several great options in fire and water Pokemon elsewhere in the game, while you have less things to choose from in grass. Take, in fire, for example, Ninetales, Torkoal, and Camerupt all have their uses. There's also a myriad of water Pokemon to choose from. (Water is the single most prolific type in the game.) As for grass, the only one that comes emmediately to mind is Breloom. It's great too, don't get me wrong, Breloom's one of my favorite RS Pokemon. But overall, I think Treecko is your best starter option. You have an advantage in the first gym, but after that you'll need some anti-fighting help unless you want to do some major leveling up.

Heh, I went on something of a rant there...

Cherrim
July 17th, 2004, 09:12 PM
I like Torchic because it's cute. =o Treecko only looks decent in its second form and Mudkip only in its third. XP (But I HATE Combusken with a passion. Argh.)

...what? ._.; That's really the basis of how I choose my starters. Really shallow, and probably stupid too, but... meh. o.o; The technicalities and strategy of Pokemon never really interested me all that much. I've only recently started paying attention to the fact that Hyper Beam and Thunder just might not be the best attacks in the game, rofl. XD;;

Posts like this are why I stay out of the games sections. :)