PDA

View Full Version : FireRed or FireRed v1.1?

efilonn
January 27th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Okay, recently I've taken it upon myself to try and hack again (I've started awhile back in the summer, but stopped). I've always used ruby as I believed that was one of the best supported ROMs tool wise, but I learned the FireRed is almost just as easily hackable.

Therefore, I went to get a FireRed ROM but have came across two, FireRed and FireRed v1.1.

What's the difference between these two? Which one should I get/use? Thanks ahead of time.

shane2243
January 27th, 2008, 11:53 AM
i dont think theres a big difference, i've downloaded both and both seem identical, it could be that v 1.1 has less bugs?

i decided to use v 1.1 to hack with.

Crystal Shard
January 27th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I agree with shane. I think so too.

SerenadeDS
January 28th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I ve looked into this myself, and I haven't really found any difference. But you've got to think, if its Version 1.1, there obviously is must be some change, so just go with it. I sometimes wonder if the Rom messes up becuse of it. I wonder what version of Fire Red Zel uses? :)

Reaper 6
January 28th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Version 1.1 is a hack and people dont relise it

SerenadeDS
January 28th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Version 1.1 is a hack and people dont relise it

I don't really think thats ture, because most of the time, Roms have updated versions. Just like Pokemon Ruby rom has that one version with the M.U.G.s Intro.

Teh Baro
January 30th, 2008, 03:10 AM
the MUGs intro is a hack.

I suppose I have FR 1.0 because I don't know which one I have.
Someone gotta compare the roms internally. Windows commander can do that.

+Sneasel™
January 31st, 2008, 06:41 PM
i would just go with v 1.1, i think its just an updated version, so why not go with it?

Virtual Chatot
February 1st, 2008, 11:57 AM
1.1 is an updated version which fixed a glitch that wasn't reported much among the Pokemon Fansites.

There was some kind of glitch in the Boat Cutscene if I remember right.

zel 2.0
February 3rd, 2008, 07:46 AM
Well, I had the idea that some offsets for some stuff could be at other locations, thus making certain things not work. Well, I'm not really sure if that's the true, just what I was guessing, since I think some people tried to patch SG into a 1.1 and they apparently had problems...

In my case, I'm using the non-1.1, and I'm sure about it, since my FR rom is a really, really old one that I had since three or so years ago.

Virtual Chatot
February 3rd, 2008, 02:53 PM
Well, I had the idea that some offsets for some stuff could be at other locations, thus making certain things not work. Well, I'm not really sure if that's the true, just what I was guessing, since I think some people tried to patch SG into a 1.1 and they apparently had problems...

In my case, I'm using the non-1.1, and I'm sure about it, since my FR rom is a really, really old one that I had since three or so years ago.

That could be true, I haven't taken the time to compare the two Roms, so you may be right.

kitana
February 10th, 2008, 09:45 AM
you shoud just pick the latest version

Apple Inc.
February 12th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I remember one time with Game Shark, I enabled a cheat for 1.0 and the graphics were different and the music and sound effects were similar to that of Red and Blue. 1.1 is the only one i can find. I need 1.0 to play Oro Sole. so...

Kenneth Alog
February 17th, 2008, 10:42 PM
i guess firered v1.0 it's better and copy it it to patch w/ LOD,etc

DMNT
March 2nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
If I remember correctly, FireRed 1.0 came with a wireless adapter in the box while 1.1 did not.