PDA

View Full Version : End Of The World???

TB Pro
January 27th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Ok I was watching the History Channel today,
And I saw that they predicted the end of the world.
Not just in years but the exact date.
The supposed Apocalypse is dated at December, 21 2012.
Kinda soon don'tcha think?
I really don't want to die that soon do you?
Anyways The story is that some Oracles along with the Mayan Calander,
Predicted many things that have come true.
Such as: Katrina, That Huge Tsunami, The Twin Towers Being Bombed ect.
Now they predicted the end of the world.
What is supposed to happen is: The Sun, The Earth, And The Milkey Way,
Are supposed to line up,
And a newley discovered Black Hole in the Milkey Way,
Is supposed to Shift the Earth in about a 45 degree angle.
It is supposed to trigger many Huge Earthquakes.
So do you belive it?
NO Religious Argument Please!!!!!

B-Baller
January 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM
No I don't believe it. People have predicted different dates for the end of the world through the centuries and have all been wrong. What makes this one different?

Wish
January 27th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I don't believe it. Many people predicted the end of the world to be 2000, others say last year, some say this year. I believe this is all fake. According to the Scientific theories the world is not supposed to end until billions of years from now.

Ichikool
January 27th, 2008, 10:58 AM
It's all superstition. Not gonna happen. ~

Thebiggamer
January 27th, 2008, 11:03 AM
thats just the day the mayan calander ends, the calander is the most accurate one known so people think the mayans knew the world ended that day, my own opinion on that is i think they figured they would be gone by then and just stopped making it

Chibi-chan
January 27th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Eh, I heard about the Mayan calendar predicting the end of the world around this time....never heard about a black hole that will shift our rotation o.0
I know for a fact that there was a large meteor that was to hit us in 2010 that got diverted in 2004, but otherwise, yeah....we'll be around until global warming gets us o:

TB Pro
January 27th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Yeah I didn't think so.
I talked with my father,
And he said he's heard them say that over 20 times.
I sure hope they're wrong!
One thing is weird though.
Princeton Has been doing studies on the Shift of Rotation thingo,
And they have proof that it has happened before.
But we survived it back then,
So why can't we survive it now?
Also they predicted a mild Nuclear war in 08-09.
I believe that might be true seeing as almost all countries have Nuclear Weapons.
Please give your thoughts on this matter.

Chibaymega12
January 27th, 2008, 11:39 AM
first of all, when the Mayans lived hundreds of years ago, no one knew of black holes, and so on. Second of all, the only star close enough to effect us in the whole of the universe is the sun, and is a relatively new star, if you compare it to all the others. Scientists say the soonest it will burn out and create a black hole is two hundred thousand years from now, and thats at the soonest. You've got to remember that stars are burnt out and created every day, but none of them effect us right? And thats the only way black holes are truly created. No worries, secientifically, we'll be long gone before the end of the world. Of course, religiously, i wouldn't no.
Also, i heard it said taht the world was supposed to end in 1796, 1800, 1802, 1937, the ever popular midnight of 2000, and the one that was most believed 6/06/06. Nope, the mayans had things on there calander everyday that was bad, and when bad things like Katrina and 9/11, it makes it believable when in reality more things don't happen than do, but no worries kid, when the world does end, i'm sure everyone that's living now will be long, long gone

Nuclear war... Actually, the only countries that have enough to do harm to the whole world is us and i think russia when they used to be the Soviet Union. Russia is a moral country, and the only way we'd launch any would be if Hilary Clinton got into office and decided that the U.S. should be the only living country, which is possible(lol). We hear talk of Korea having them, the reality in that is that they don't have the money or weaponry to get them any where, but i could see them blowing themselves up. Some asian countries like china have them, but not enough to do much harm, and they'd be afraid we'd retaliate. And while it is true that most have them, most of them don't have enough to do anything as i've stated before. Nope, i see a 1.5% chance in a nuclear war ending the world.

And dude, you shouldnt be afraid of dying, don't live out every day of your life in fear of dying, and keep yourself up so you know when it's gonna come. If it comes it comes, its the natural circle of life. I used to lie awake at night waiting for my death to come, and i'd know when it would happen, and i was coward about everything i did, because i was afraid of dying. That was about a year ago, and now i realise i wasted my time with that. You never know when your death is gonna come, there's no way of knowing, but it's best not to fear it.

sims796
January 27th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Basically, we're all too afraid to launch a nuclear war. By the time everyone is "ballsy" enough to randomly strike, I'll be long dead, luckily. We'll all be.

We can't get hung up bout the end of the world. It's all hoo-haa for now. As said, we'll be longg gone before we get eaten by a black hole, the sun implodes, we drift off course, we go into an ice age due to global warming (or nuclear winter), etc.

TB Pro
January 27th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Basically, we're all too afraid to launch a nuclear war. By the time everyone is "ballsy" enough to randomly strike, I'll be long dead, luckily. We'll all be.

We can't get hung up bout the end of the world. It's all hoo-haa for now. As said, we'll be longg gone before we get eaten by a black hole, the sun implodes, we drift off course, we go into an ice age due to global warming (or nuclear winter), etc.

True very true.

Yeah I guess so.
If It's not on the news in about 3 years then we'll all be fine.
I figured it was just one of those stupid things.

Anti
January 27th, 2008, 12:31 PM
The only valid thing that might have proof for this end of the world deal would be global warming. That's the only thing that I see really COULD happen in our lifetimes...and I'm not too worried about getting hit by a hurricane the size of Africa, because whatever happens will happen, and that's that. I really doubt that'll happen any time soon though anyways.

The Mayans COULD be right, but I'm not going to sit here counting down the days. As others mentioned, many of these predictions have been incorrect, so yeah.

Chibaymega12
January 27th, 2008, 12:44 PM
yeah, i think global warming is the only possibility of killing us, but not the end of the world. And i still think that's a long way off, maybe a hundred years, if not longer

Aegis
January 27th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Nope, I can't say I believe it. All of those "predictions" are usually really vague, and every time something bad happens that could be interpreted as the prophecy somebody will say that it was the so-and-so prophecy that came true. I mean, there's always a chance that it will happen on that date I suppose, but I don't think it's going to happen like that.

Avey
January 27th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Lol. No, just no.

Predictions? I stopped even listening to them when I heard about that famous guy that predicted huricanes would come and destroy the world the day after his prediction. They didn't.

Ryoutarou
January 27th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I've never been one to believe in predictions, and especially not about the end of the world. Though due to the uncanny accuracy of the Mayan calender system, a part of me thinks that something bad will happen on that day. I don't think I believe it's going to be the end of the world just because that's the final day in their calender though.

Virtual Chatot
January 27th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I wonder why so many Mayan calender believers don't realize that maybe the guy who was chiseling it just got tired?

Jaimes
January 27th, 2008, 03:30 PM
People say that the world is potenitally doomed every decade according to the Mayan Calander... its a load of BS.

Ryoutarou
January 27th, 2008, 03:31 PM
People say that the world is potenitally doomed every decade according to the Mayan Calander... its a load of BS.I can't recall anyone ever claiming an end to the world aside from 2012 thanks to the calender. In fact, I've heard the 2012 date since I was young. (why the schools thought that was appropriate for third graders, I will never know)

yellowparrot
January 27th, 2008, 03:38 PM
A while back, I learned from an anonymous source that in the 2040's, Bin Laden's henchmen are going to bomb Jerusalem, and there will be a massive nuclear war on proportions that have never been encountered before. Here are some more predictions that I picked up:
Los Angeles Earthquake - 2010
Major Oil Crisis - 2016

EDIT: Also, the history channel has a series called Mega Distasters, which may relate to this apocalypse theory(in no way am I saying this is true!). Here's a few of the bigger one's.
Asteroid Apocalypse
Mega Freeze
Yellowstone Eruption
Mega Tsunami

Jaimes
January 27th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I can't recall anyone ever claiming an end to the world aside from 2012 thanks to the calender. In fact, I've heard the 2012 date since I was young. (why the schools thought that was appropriate for third graders, I will never know)

Apparently on the text of a carved calander, certain markings meant that their Gods would cause a catastrophe (or it was their birthdate)- and something would happen, which is why many assume that it predicted some modern day traumas. These were repeated every 7200 days or something.
It's worth pointing out that there were A LOT of markings and for the majority, nothing ever happened. (Of course people tend to ignore this).

The 'end of the cycle' was in fact decided by an American 'New Age Spiritualist' during the 1980s; Jose Arguelles and his work is often unsupported by Mayan Scholars or historical evidence. More info. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_Long_Count_calendar)

Anyway I look forward to 21 December 2012, it'll be another normal day... and after the hype, the public will be slightly more skeptical about supstitions.

Anti
January 27th, 2008, 03:51 PM
The oil crisis could happen (especially for all the oil and fossil fuels we use), but you could say that it's mere coincidence. Remember how common earthquakes are in California compared to other places.

Ryoutarou
January 27th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Anyway I look forward to 21 December 2012, it'll be another normal day... and after the hype, the public will be slightly more skeptical about supstitions.Hah, I wouldn't bet on it. In fact, it'll probably cause more paranoia, especially among those who really go nuts for that stuff. The public loves sensationalizing things and the end of the world will always be at the top of the list.

mudkiprulz
January 27th, 2008, 09:35 PM
i dun belive it either... my friends say that other news channels predict it to be 2015 and 2018 and so on... nah.

Kumo-dono
January 27th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I think that's a bunch of bull.

Amachi
January 27th, 2008, 10:30 PM
first of all, when the Mayans lived hundreds of years ago, no one knew of black holes, and so on. Second of all, the only star close enough to effect us in the whole of the universe is the sun, and is a relatively new star, if you compare it to all the others. Scientists say the soonest it will burn out and create a black hole is two hundred thousand years from now, and thats at the soonest.
heehee, our sun isn't nearly as large enough as required to create a black hole. The most damage it'll ever do to the earth is in the predicted 5 billion years from now in which it'll run out of fuel, consume other elements for fuels, expand to engulf the earth (it turns into a red giant), and then, after running out of that fuel, it will slowly start to shrink in size, eventually becoming a very dense white dwarf, which will also eventually die in due time. Heck, I don't even think the Earth will even be "lucky" enough to be a bystander of a supernova. [excuse me if the details aren't entirely correct, I don't really remember 9th grade astronomy).

Anyway, these sorts of theories have always interested me, but they're always unbelievable. The Earth is dynamic, constantly changing - predicting something like it's destruction shouldn't be so simple or even accurate.

And I have my own beliefs about the world's end anyway.

Miss Raichu
January 27th, 2008, 10:40 PM
My calander ends on Januarary 31 2008 D: Does that mean the world is going to end then?

Been their, disproved that.
Take this from someone who knows, those prophesies are bull :3

Kura
January 27th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I've heard it before. Not what'll happen, just that the end is 12/12/2012/

If it happens, it happens. Why worry for the rest of your remaining time on earth?

Saryka
January 28th, 2008, 04:32 AM
They've predicted so many "end of the world" days (THINK: Y2K) that I can't believe them anymore X_X;; And then there was June 6, 2006 (06/06/06) that people got all hot and bothered about.

TB Pro
January 28th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah,
I'm pretty sure Now that it's a load of bull.
Just because the Mayan Calander ends on that day,
Dosen't mean that's when we'll end.
I also believe what the Bible says....
Not going to get into that,
But I sure can't wait for December, 21 2012!
Lol!

latioslegends
January 28th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Now I doubt this cause of to many phrophets being wrong *phew* but if I were to say it to end in any possible way-

Poles shift, weather, and seasons act up. Ok we can get use to that quite easily if we put an effort. Now resources like oil would be hard to come buy, and countries could go on a nuclear war for resources.

Now I do think this is a bunch of bull, sure phrophets have been correct, but have been wrong to.

Gummy
January 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM
The only thing I can see destroying Earth is a single day is a Gamma Ray Burst and those are extremely unlikely. Dec. 21, 2012 will be as normal as June 6th, 2006.

Super Smash Kid
January 28th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I heard the world is gonna end one million years from now. That's going to happen by the sun turning off, and the people will be frozen for good. So I rather belive it ends then, then now 4 years from now.

Harmony
January 28th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Are supposed to line up,
So do you belive it?

All I have to say is, don't believe everything you hear.
This is not the first time that they "predicted the end of the world" if everything had gone the way they had said it would have, we would have been dead for at least 7-8 years now..D:

Binary
January 29th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Nope I don't believe that the world is gonna end,
scientists should think of something till then. But I don't think its going to end till 1,000000000000000 years XD

~C3LEBI

[.εternity]
January 29th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Actually,not only the mayan calendar pointed to this date,but a lot of other scientists and things.Of course I didn't believe that thing about 2000,but this one MIGHT be real.I don't say it is,but I don't say it isn't.The thing is that the world WILL end sometimes due to the sun,some allignement(sp?),some apocalypse or the global warming.So you might be right because there could be the chance that there isn't any apocalypse etc. and we die by the sun.In fact,we could also die by an asteroid.Today,an asteroid approached earth at a distance of 500.000 km which,if you think,is quite near.So there is no doubt that the world will end,we just need to find out when so we will be out of this planet by that time :)

Ben Kenobi
January 29th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Well the world won't just "end" on some arbitrary date. And what is meant by "the end of the world" anyway? End of mankind? Extinction of all life? The Earth ceasing to exist?

Degenerate
January 29th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Well, I personally hope it does happen. And if not "the end of the world" then some sort of monumental event that utterly warps human civilization as we know it. See, I want to witness something spectacular in my lifetime. Considering I am going to die eventually, I'd rather die being a witness to such a phenomenon. I want to be here on Earth's final days, whether that be 2012, after or even before.

AWWSTiN❤
January 29th, 2008, 11:48 AM
^ Wells, I get your point; but,,,
I want to have a long life, so no thanks. ;]

But still, it would be kinda cool to see the world explode or something. :O~

Jessie
January 29th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I actually heard something different. That there is going to be a meteroid (astroid?) hitting the earth in 1012. Sounds fun, huh? I don't think the world is going to "end". It's just weird to think of how many billions of years the earth has been here and then all of the sudden ends with us. I like to think the earth will be here until the sun burns off and it freezes over.

sims796
January 29th, 2008, 12:41 PM
The pure fact that it can even be predicted is annoying to me. I mean come on. The very end of the earth itself? That sounds rediculous. I don't care if the Mayans had a Calander, or if the top scientist confirms this themselves. There is no way that the Earth will end so soon. Especially when it's so convenient, such as right after 2000. The new millenium.

Gerri Shin
January 29th, 2008, 01:04 PM
no one can predict the end of the world. I believe this. when it ends it ends and we cannot do anything to stop it or be prepared for it.

Lash
January 29th, 2008, 01:27 PM
To me, it is a load of bull and superstition. Science, forget it. When has science ever been right about the end of the world?
This is one of the few things that not even science can explain, because it is all untrue. What makes that day different from any other? Plus, this is like the second or third doom sentence I have heard in my lifetime.

Basically, yeah. This is all just blasphemy to me.

sims796
January 29th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I'd expect giant black horses ridden by riders with flaming skulls for heads to ride from thefiery pits of hell to drag all non-believers down, down, down to the dark oblivion.

If that sounds stupid, so does all other theories, in my book.

Cassino
January 29th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Everything we know (with exception to deities and what have you) has a beginning and end. This calendar however, isn't dictating when I'll be dying. :<

To me, it is a load of bull and superstition. Science, forget it. When has science ever been right about the end of the world?
This is one of the few things that not even science can explain, because it is all untrue. What makes that day different from any other? Plus, this is like the second or third doom sentence I have heard in my lifetime.

Basically, yeah. This is all just blasphemy to me.
This Mayan Calendar plus Oracles, is not science.

ddogg1212
January 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM
ok, its not that earth is gonna die on 12212012, its a new age. ive researched this stuff alot, both Nostradomus and the Mayans said that on that exact date, something will happen that will change life on earth forever, whether it be a meteor, nuclear war, antichrist of natural disaters, something will happen. now notradomus lived in europe and the mayas in mexico, how would they come up with that same date and pretty much the same prophecies when they didnt even know that part of the world existed. BIG coinsidence, NOT! also, the mayas' calendar has 5 different "cycles" in which something happened to the earth. 2012 is the last cycle, in the last four cycles big things actually did happen like an astroid that hit, wars that started, and natural disasters.so i believe that something big will happen that date, maybe not the end of the world, but a big devastation yes.

if u dont believe me, research it, you'll be surprised

I don't believe it. Many people predicted the end of the world to be 2000, others say last year, some say this year. I believe this is all fake. According to the Scientific theories the world is not supposed to end until billions of years from now.

yeah, and these are the same scientists that say that the universe and all life started with dust blowing up...

Jaimes
January 29th, 2008, 03:14 PM
if u dont believe me, research it, you'll be surprised

You clearly haven't researched very well - considering that the Maya calendar is based upon their mythological gods and that the 21/12/2012 was infact made up by a New Age author in the 20th centrury?

yeah, and these are the same scientists that say that the universe and all life started with dust blowing up...
And don't bring science into a silly supersition. That is of course if you do believe in the Maya Calendar, then their Gods Tepau and Gukumatz where also the creators of the universe and mankind using flour?

Archer
January 29th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Well the world won't just "end" on some arbitrary date. And what is meant by "the end of the world" anyway? End of mankind? Extinction of all life? The Earth ceasing to exist?

Thats a very good point. If you think about it, the "world" is not necessarily Earth, but Human-kind. Any mass change to our way of life could be considered the "end of the world".

As for the black hole thing, that is impossible. Our sun is too small to become a black hole and the rest are all to far away. Besides, even the close ones are no-where near the end of their lives.

To top it all off - 12/12/12? Seriously. If you are going to make a Date, make it sound real.

The Mayans had one particular calendar called the "Haab" Calendar, which branded the last five days of the year "Evil Days" where Demons etc, could get through inter-dimensional portals. This was obviously more "end of the calendar doom".

So, to sum up:

It's impossible for a start.
The date looks fake.
They have been wrong before on the same basis.
Did I forget to mention that 12/12/12 is double 6/6/06?

Atomic Reactor
January 29th, 2008, 04:59 PM
you know how the mayan calendar ends on a specific date?
well, maybe they just got bored and decided to stop making calendars.

alot of religious prophecys are coming true to, but im not going to go into detail about that. but it is pretty weird...
i really doubt global warming is real =/
just cause its getting warm dosnt mean anything.
how would the ice age have melted? it got warmer. its been getting warmer for a long time.
its just a cycle.

but seriously, alot of religious things to, but since we shouldnt talk about religion someone should PM me to talk about it. cuz ive got some theorys. PM me if you want.

ddogg1212
January 29th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Thats a very good point. If you think about it, the "world" is not necessarily Earth, but Human-kind. Any mass change to our way of life could be considered the "end of the world".

As for the black hole thing, that is impossible. Our sun is too small to become a black hole and the rest are all to far away. Besides, even the close ones are no-where near the end of their lives.

To top it all off - 12/12/12? Seriously. If you are going to make a Date, make it sound real.

The Mayans had one particular calendar called the "Haab" Calendar, which branded the last five days of the year "Evil Days" where Demons etc, could get through inter-dimensional portals. This was obviously more "end of the calendar doom".

So, to sum up:

It's impossible for a start.
The date looks fake.
They have been wrong before on the same basis.
Did I forget to mention that 12/12/12 is double 6/6/06?

ok well first of all its not 12-12-12, its 12-21-2012. 21 not 12.
like i sed b4, they predicted a lot of things that already happened, they might as well be right about this. and i dont think its the end of the world, i thing its more like a new beggining

Taffeh
January 29th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Obviously I hope it's not going to happen. Puts all my effort to graduate college for a good career later in life to vain, doesn't it?

I suppose it's possible. One can gather evidence supporting just about anything, but it seems a little far-fetched.

Jaimes
January 30th, 2008, 03:00 AM
like i sed b4, they predicted a lot of things that already happened, they might as well be right about this.

LOL no they haven't. Seriously if someone can bring out some decent evidence to support this dumb claim then that'll be something.
Don't say "oooh I heardz they predicted 9/11 & Katrina!!!11!" and claim that a TV show you watched some years back is your evidence. Because the calendar hasn't shown a thing. The Mayans didn't even claim the 2012 apocalypse, an American nutter did in the 20th centruary.

Well that's expected I guess, so I take it you believe Mayan Gods and Mythyology to be true?

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
January 30th, 2008, 03:26 AM
I dont think the end of the world is gonna happen any time soon roflmao. :)

destinedjagold
January 30th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Meh.., don't care if that'll happen. For if it's nature's decision, then we can do nothing about it. :)

Oh well... I'm kinda afraid to die, but meh... :D

sims796
January 30th, 2008, 04:29 PM
LOL no they haven't. Seriously if someone can bring out some decent evidence to support this dumb claim then that'll be something.
Don't say "oooh I heardz they predicted 9/11 & Katrina!!!11!" and claim that a TV show you watched some years back is your evidence. Because the calendar hasn't shown a thing. The Mayans didn't even claim the 2012 apocalypse, an American nutter did in the 20th centruary.

Well that's expected I guess, so I take it you believe Mayan Gods and Mythyology to be true?

Despite my Christian beliefs, even I have to draw the line somewhere. Unless my plans of world domination takes foot, using my nuclear propelled "Exterminatrix" to push the World into the Sun kicks in, we all don't need to worry about silly superstition, which is what this really is.

Merzbau
January 30th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Um, well...

There's no real predicting something like that?

The end of the world has been "coming soon" since like years B.C., so...

Spinor
January 30th, 2008, 07:10 PM
http://adishakti.org/prophecies/30_mayan_end_times_prophecy_12-21-2012.htm

Maybe that will answer most, if not all the questions

Yeah, it's pretty long, but don't bother once you get to the early middle.

Yes, Google does powerful things.

And BTW, It may have something to do with mutation, along with good or bad advances in technology, that will determine if the dawn of 12/21/12 marks the beggining of Golden 26 milleniums... or suffering and extermination on the new Galactic day... no i'm serious, the Mayans should be taken seriously.

A.K9

sims796
January 30th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Hm. Mayans. Wow. That'll make me fear the day when we will all mutate via Family Guy. I am sick of all of these conspiracy theories.

Rukario
January 30th, 2008, 08:54 PM
the TRUE end of the world is at 03:14:07 UTC on Tuesday, January 19, 2038

Nuke
January 31st, 2008, 12:06 PM
Scientific facts prove the world wont go until about 5 billion years when the sun expands.

Global warming will shorten that but 2012 wont be the year. And it better not be because thats when I finally finish school.

Spinor
January 31st, 2008, 05:02 PM
the TRUE end of the world is at 03:14:07 UTC on Tuesday, January 19, 2038

And why would that be, is that the date VBulletin Retires or something?

I've read carfully the site i posted, there really isn't an end of the world for this millenium, it's just a Mayan legend(Or supernatural knowledge, anyone?) that the sun, earth, and the Galactic center will alling, as it will be the dawn of a new galactic day (as in almost 26 milleniums), the calender ends in 12/21/12 because the calendar is based on every 26 milleniums and that day is the last day, and on 11:11 UTC, the sun will reach it closest and most central in the disc all perfectly, back then, i don't think mayans knew about the galactic center, so either they had supernatural knoledge, or they are a long lived civilication that noticed the extra brightness the sun goes in this period, causing more radiation into the earth(or something) and "upgrading" DNA. So in conclusion we are all lucky to be alive. But something isn't quite right for it, It's just what is say's in the website, (relation between cristianity and Mayan religion sems possible, it's all explained in the website.

Anybody think i must have broken it down into simpler words?

fredlocks
January 31st, 2008, 06:37 PM
I hope that it isn't true, because that would be the day after my 19th birthday xD

TB Pro
January 31st, 2008, 07:53 PM
Truthfully,
This is bigger than I expected...
a handful of my friends know about it.
They say their TV said "All of the planets and the sun will line up,
And that massive gravity will pull in a black hole that will suck the earth in".
WTF is a black hole anyway?
I thought it was Sci-Fi.
Lol!
Anyway,
Aren't Black Holes supposed to transport you to another dimension?
Eh,
I sure as hell hope they are wrong!
I will be eighteen ****ing years old!!!

Gummy
January 31st, 2008, 08:10 PM
(Not exact definition) Black Hole: Region in space with near infinite density (hence why everything, including light itself, "sinks" toward it). The more popular view of Black Holes is instead of sending you to another dimension, they just shread you apart atom by atom. Fun.

Anyway, the combined gravitional pull by the planets, the sun, and even every asteroid and comet out there isn't even close to making a black hole. Black holes just require way too much energy and only stars ten times more massive than our sun can make black holes when gravity smashes them.

For all of you worried about Earth's destruction being a result of some cosmic event, I advise you to watch a show on the history channel called The Universe. Very interesting if you like astronomy or sci-fi.

sims796
February 1st, 2008, 12:38 PM
I always thought that when the sun dies out, it collapes into itself, creating a Black Hole. This isn't true?

Aegis
February 1st, 2008, 01:22 PM
And why would that be, is that the date VBulletin Retires or something?

I think Steve was kidding... XD;

I always thought that when the sun dies out, it collapes into itself, creating a Black Hole. This isn't true?

That's true for some very large stars, but ours isn't big enough to create a Black Hole. I think I read somewhere that ours will eventually turn into a Red Giant, and then a White Dwarf. After that it will just fizzle out :x

BeachBoy
February 1st, 2008, 01:30 PM
Now I don't want or hope anything happens On Dec. 12, 2012...
But after researching it quite a bit after watching that program...

The accuracy of many things are bad, but the uncanny accuracy of the Mayan calender system, is extremely accurate. Now I know many of you think it is a load of bacon strips, But I think something will happen, not really the entire world...gone. Many of you say how things have always been wrong, But NOT one time have all the (well most) of the religions point to such a date, science is behind it, religion, and even the UFOs crazy people, not to mention the psychics. xD

After all the things I've in depth seen/read on it, I think it is too strange for nothing to occur. There was also a proficy that accuratly prediction horrifing events of our history right on the frenching point that thinks something will happen.

As much as I want to not believe in it, I just dont see nothing happen on a date many have looked upon. I honestly dont think it's the end of the world, but something to alter it's significate history .

Zanacross
February 1st, 2008, 03:03 PM
I don't really care what happen's. My life is meaningless anyway. So if it does happen I'm ready for it. If the world is going to end you have nothing to fear. Just the uknown and I'm looking forward to finding out what it is.

I think the Myans where correct in thier prediction. Why would they predict it? If im wrong shoot me annyway. Then it will be the end of my world.

Spinor
February 1st, 2008, 09:51 PM
I don't really care what happen's. My life is meaningless anyway. So if it does happen I'm ready for it. If the world is going to end you have nothing to fear. Just the uknown and I'm looking forward to finding out what it is.

I think the Myans where correct in thier prediction. Why would they predict it? If im wrong shoot me annyway. Then it will be the end of my world.

News flash, your life will have a meaning after 12/21/12, it's just Mayan sense.

Now I don't want or hope anything happens On Dec. 12,It's 21. 2012...
But after researching it quite a bit after watching that program...

The accuracy of many things are bad, but the uncanny accuracy of the Mayan calender system, is extremely accurate. Now I know many of you think it is a load of bacon strips, But I think something will happen, not really the entire world...gone. Many of you say how things have always been wrong, But NOT one time have all the (well most) of the religions point to such a date, science is behind it, religion, and even the UFOs crazy people, not to mention the psychics. xD

After all the things I've in depth seen/read on it, I think it is too strange for nothing to occur. There was also a proficy that accuratly prediction horrifing events of our history right on the frenching point that thinks something will happen.

As i explained before, the sun will parallel with the center of the galaxy, releasing more radiation since we'll also be closer and, well... let's just say glasses and clothes have a 1% chance of being useless.

http://adishakti.org/prophecies/30_mayan_end_times_prophecy_12-21-2012.htm

quoted for the lazy people who don't bother reading at least the second page.

sims796
February 1st, 2008, 09:56 PM

I'm sorry, but I must bring this up again. It makes too much sense. I have better things to do then to listen to what an acient race predicts what is going to happen decades & decades after.

XxZer0xX
February 2nd, 2008, 03:04 PM
I think it's bogus. The end of the world may be billions of years from now or in a few days. You can argue with the world, but you can't argue with the future. The end of the world will come, but we can't say when.

Jirachi3
February 3rd, 2008, 08:23 AM
The fact of the matter is that YES, the planets will be aligned. It is VERY possible that the Mayans were lucky, and it is VERY possible that they were ingenius stargazers. They may have predicted that to be the end due to the same reasons Greek Mythology predicts that when they are aligned the Titans will rise and become powerful. As far as the chinese fortune book goes, theorists pushed the idea a bit too far. They modified the book to get what they wanted.

#2.

The black hole. This black hole has been in the center of the milky way since the beginning of the milky way. It poses no new threats to anyone.

#3.

Earth's shift. This shift may/may not happen as a result of the planet alignment. If it does, not only will the magnetic field around earth go haywire, but the atmosphere will take a huge hit of solar radiation as a result. If the earth makes a DRAMATIC shift of 45 degrees, then yes, we are screwed.

Truthfully,
This is bigger than I expected...
a handful of my friends know about it.
They say their TV said "All of the planets and the sun will line up,
And that massive gravity will pull in a black hole that will suck the earth in".
WTF is a black hole anyway?
I thought it was Sci-Fi.
Lol!
Anyway,
Aren't Black Holes supposed to transport you to another dimension?
Eh,
I sure as hell hope they are wrong!
I will be eighteen ****ing years old!!!

Black hole is supposedly a rip in space and time that no matter can escape.
As far as being able to MOVE a black hole, I think not. If Einstein was correct in his theories, not only is a black hole immobile, but it could not harm the Solar System in any way. Let's say Einstein was wrong, and a black hole is not a "hole" in space/time fabric. How would the gravity of 8/9 planets and a star overcome the gravity of a black hole that's 100+ lightyears long. Think about that for a moment. It takes 100 years for light to cross the black hole in the center of the milky way. It takes about 8 minutes for light to reach earth from the sun.

ddogg1212
February 3rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
ok, for all u who think that this is bogus cuz one civilization thought this is wrong. nostradomus had a prediction very similar to this, google the nostradomus code. it has some interesting stuff

bgt
February 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
It's predicted that in 2012 all of us will turn into Skitties and take punishment from wailords daily.

No Religious Arguments please.

sims796
February 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
ok, for all u who think that this is bogus cuz one civilization thought this is wrong. nostradomus had a prediction very similar to this, google the nostradomus code. it has some interesting stuff

And there is no way they got that from Myans?

As Jaimes said, prove that they magically predicted everything that is to happen. We must all go by what they predicted decades ago. Did they predict so many cures for so many diseases? Do they have any real, hardcore, scientific proof?

Or did they "observe the Sun, the stars, the Galaxy, and conducted what wil happen"?

Let them gaze at the stars--We could actually go there ourselves.

& Briget, I know you said no Religious arguements, but to be honest, your prediction makes no sense.

According to my religion , we will all turn into Caterpie, while getting repeatedly assaulted by Drapion.

EmpoleMew
February 3rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
There are too many theories about the end of the world for any one theory to be correct. Now before you try to contradict me, at least let me speak. Now there's the ever famous Y2K theory. Look at that. It's 2008. Some people say that "Y2K was just thrown out of whack and is going to happen anytime. And when it does, you'll wish you listened to us." There's the even more famous 6/06/06 theory. According to some, the world ends every 100 years on the date 6/06/06 but no one can ever see it. So how did we live through it each century? Then there's this 12/21/12 (Or other sources say the double appocolypse, 12/12/12) theory. Who's to say that it'll actually happen? No one human being can say. Then there's this supernova theory. Some time, thousands of years from now, the sun will reach its maximum temperature and go supernova. This great explosion is, in theory, supposed to engulf Mercury, Venus and Earth in a blazing explosion. Now I know you said no religious arguments, but it was once stated that the Earth will end in flames in which I will not state which. (Did that make sense?) After this explosion, the sun will burn out slowly as a red giant and become a white dwarf in about 200 years after. Another part of this theory is that a large comet from parts unknown will fly through our solar system destroying all the other planets. (Not entirely sure on this one. Took it from FFVII xD)

So in short, The definite end of the world cannot be predicted. For all we know, it could happen in 10 minutes.

Amachi
February 3rd, 2008, 06:16 PM
As i explained before, the sun will parallel with the center of the galaxy, releasing more radiation since we'll also be closer and, well... let's just say glasses and clothes have a 1% chance of being useless.
Considering that the centre of the galaxy is millions upon millions of lightyears away, even if there were some sort of super ginormous star in the centre of it (Scientists predict that it's actually the opposite - a giant black hole), it's radiation would have absolutely no effect on us. Besides, there'd be so much in the way to interfere, not that it'd make a difference.

The fact of the matter is that YES, the planets will be aligned. It is VERY possible that the Mayans were lucky, and it is VERY possible that they were ingenius stargazers. They may have predicted that to be the end due to the same reasons Greek Mythology predicts that when they are aligned the Titans will rise and become powerful. As far as the chinese fortune book goes, theorists pushed the idea a bit too far. They modified the book to get what they wanted.

#3.

Earth's shift. This shift may/may not happen as a result of the planet alignment. If it does, not only will the magnetic field around earth go haywire, but the atmosphere will take a huge hit of solar radiation as a result. If the earth makes a DRAMATIC shift of 45 degrees, then yes, we are screwed.
First off, planet alignment isn't as people think it is - all the planets in a straight line - it's when the planets are all placed within a certain angle.

That said, the planets have "aligned" many times in the past, as have predictions of doom and destruction. Needless to say, nothing happened, and the alignment of the planets does jack, since due to the distance and size of all the other planets relative to Earth and the Sun, their effect on Earth is minimal.

... Pluto ;o;

#2.

The black hole. This black hole has been in the center of the milky way since the beginning of the milky way. It poses no new threats to anyone.
Do you even know how black holes are formed? A star has to collapse upon it's own massive gravity in order for one to be created, so it is no way possible that there's always been a black hole in the centre of the galaxy - a star had to die first.

Black hole is supposedly a rip in space and time that no matter can escape.
As far as being able to MOVE a black hole, I think not. If Einstein was correct in his theories, not only is a black hole immobile, but it could not harm the Solar System in any way. Let's say Einstein was wrong, and a black hole is not a "hole" in space/time fabric. How would the gravity of 8/9 planets and a star overcome the gravity of a black hole that's 100+ lightyears long. Think about that for a moment. It takes 100 years for light to cross the black hole in the center of the milky way. It takes about 8 minutes for light to reach earth from the sun.
What are you talking about? o.O

EmpoleMew, Y2K was supposed to occur as soon as it was the year 2000 as computers might not be able to function after the date became xx/xx/00. Not so much the destruction of the world, but since the world does run on computers mostly, I suppose the whole dealy would have been catastrophic.

I remember my parents buying special Y2K packs of canned tomatoes, cause it was cheap XD

Gummy
February 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Do you even know how black holes are formed? A star has to collapse upon it's own massive gravity in order for one to be created, so it is no way possible that there's always been a black hole in the centre of the galaxy - a star had to die first.

Actually, there is a supermassive black hole (AT LEAST 100 million times the mass of our sun) at the center of almost every galaxy. Our's is currently "dormant" because it has already consumed all the gases in its vicinity.

Arrmegedden
February 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
its not going to happen. how do people know its that exact date . easy they dont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if anything i hope the date is falsewhitch it is or we turn into mudkips insted of the world ending.

Mario The World Champion
February 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
This crap will never happen.

The only reason they air this stuff is for scare tactics and ratings. And I hardly believe that the events that have happened were predicted by some nutjob back in the 15th century.

I'm more worried about Al-Qaida getting nukes and attacking us. THAT is when we're ******!!!!!

Amachi
February 3rd, 2008, 08:32 PM
Actually, there is a supermassive black hole (AT LEAST 100 million times the mass of our sun) at the center of almost every galaxy. Our's is currently "dormant" because it has already consumed all the gases in its vicinity.
Uh, so "giant black hole" is not correct? ^^; And besides (I think you were trying to rebuke my statement), that black hole, regardless of it's size, was originally a star.

Mario The World Champion, please don't swear, regardless of the censor's being in place.

Gummy
February 3rd, 2008, 08:34 PM
Uh, so "giant black hole" is not correct? ^^; And besides (I think you were trying to rebuke my statement), that black hole, regardless of it's size, was originally a star.

Mario The World Champion, please don't swear, regardless of the censor's being in place.

Sorry, I misread your statement. I thought you said there wasn't a black hole at all at the center of our Universe.

flight
February 4th, 2008, 03:09 AM
I personally think it's the sun that's going to cause all our deaths. I'd rather "The End of the world" be like, we all just we sucked into a black hole, but the immense, unimaginable gravity there, isn't so pleasant either.

Death by sleep is by far(I think) still the safest way to die. Yes, offtopic btw, for like, 2 secs. :<

Jaimes
February 4th, 2008, 03:55 AM

The supposed Mayan predictions and Nostradamus' are completely different, and more importantly from contradicting religions - therefore they can't both be true.

Modern people have derived Mayan predictions - which is based on their rudimentary knowledge of astrology coupled with fear of their ancient Gods. There is no evidence to show that the Mayans predicted various events happening.
Nostradamus' prophecies are massively flawed and are based upon the various dates between generations from the Old Testament (which honestly, is hardly an accurate text). His work has been constantly misinterpreted, badly translated and forged. He did make well over a 500 predictions, each as unreliable as the next.

People who claim that these (or similar ancient) prophecies predicted events such as 9/11, Katrina, WW2 and so on, have only ever done so in hindsight after the catastrophe has occured. There has never been any reliable evidence to show an accurate prophecy come true, after it was predicted.
Prophecies are so vague and so many, that if anything was to happen today/tommorrow/ next week then soon after someone will say 'Oh Nostradamus predicted something like this..' As expected, there have been thousands of failed prophecies- however these are simply forgotten about and ignored by a foolish believer.

If world devastation was imminent based on these 'prophecies', why does no rational person (not even those with influential powers & scientists) take them seriously?
Obvious really - because theyre a load of rubbish. ¬_¬

Tré
February 4th, 2008, 04:26 AM
whow we got many scientist in here.... i dont believe it.... the earth is to young to die.... and our generation is to young to disappear.. we hvnt still use the hollogram, the time distorsion, the xd school theres many things to come before it ends..... XD...

Gummy
February 4th, 2008, 01:37 PM
whow we got many scientist in here.... i dont believe it.... the earth is to young to die.... and our generation is to young to disappear.. we hvnt still use the hollogram, the time distorsion, the xd school theres many things to come before it ends..... XD...

The Earth's 4.5 billion years old O.o. If you ask me, it's pretty old. But I do agree that humans have been here for a very short time, but look at all we've accomplished, most of which in the past century. Because of our intellegence, there's not much out there that can kill us, unlike past inhabitants of Earth (like the Dinosaurs).

flight
February 4th, 2008, 04:11 PM
The Earth's 4.5 billion years old O.o. If you ask me, it's pretty old. But I do agree that humans have been here for a very short time, but look at all we've accomplished, most of which in the past century. Because of our intellegence, there's not much out there that can kill us, unlike past inhabitants of Earth (like the Dinosaurs).

Yes, we have our intelligence, but tell me, do we really use it? The majority of humans nowadays spend their times making nuclear bombs for the stupid crap that is war. And even if we do use them, are we going to end up being successful with them, like we have before?

It has been human vs human for the longest. If it wasn't for war, then yes, not much would kill us except for: Fatal Diseases and Mother Nature herself. And maybe other things as well. There are some animals that still kill humans, yes?

sims796
February 4th, 2008, 04:34 PM
That's very short sided. Especially the part on the animals, as that's not even a real serious cause for deaths.

The fact that we can make nuclear bombs is a testament on our intellegence, & it really pains me to say that. But humans, animals, even plants, fight. We are all technically animals, it's our instinct to fight. Unfortunately, we are beyond the normal woodland critter, so our wars has lasting effect. Buuut...

Imakuni?
February 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Who cares? If we all die, we all die. Its not like anyone would be around to remember.

Opacus
February 5th, 2008, 06:35 AM
I heard another story, it would also take place in 2012. I love this kinda stuff.
Somewhere in 1950 or so America was experimenting with nuclear missiles. One was shot to somwhere (I forgot where :P) And another was shot to Mars.
Now, Mars is basicly one big Helium covered planet. This was proven when one of the probes that was sent there, exploded for some reason. This left an immense crater and
created a huge explosion. But the probe was at the most 1 square meter. In other words, the small explosion of the Probe caused the Helium to explode, and thus the explosion became immense amounts stronger.
(I can't remember why Mars was covered in Helium, it had something to do with some layer, and temperatures :P)
So, if such a small probe allready causes such an immense explosion, say hello to mister nuclear bomb!
The theory is that when the nuclear bomb lands, Mars will explode as an immensely sized helium bomb, and blow up our galaxy.
Heh.
Only something I read and heard though. Could be complete and utter bullcrap.

I have to agree by the way. Humans are intelligent. But we indeed do not use it. Most humans are arrogant and selfish. And if an exploding Mars or whatever wont kill us,
we will probably end our own existence before long.

Aegis
February 5th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I don't think anything will happen on that date. In nature it's just another day, there isn't any calender in nature, so why should that day be any different then the others? And besides, in some religions/cultures we're already in the year 4000 something, so that date would be loooong ago to them. It'll most likely end up being like Y2K I think.. >=\

Spinor
February 5th, 2008, 08:46 PM
So in conclusion, the sun will just alling with the galactic disc, continuing another 26 millenium orbit by Mayan legend, but, if you like legends like me, we are all lucky to be alive, otherwise, it's just another ordinary when you get annoyed by your bully/co-worker/partner.

Happy 1212 everyone, it's a fresh galactic dawn. yeah pretty much an ordinary day

EmpoleMew
February 6th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I have to agree by the way. Humans are intelligent. But we indeed do not use it. Most humans are arrogant and selfish. And if an exploding Mars or whatever wont kill us,
we will probably end our own existence before long.

That is the most likely of all situations. After all, who knows how long until someone works up the nerve to start nuclear warfare? And whenever that does happen, the world media will be all over it. And when the media gets involved, bias situations start to break out. Before long, it'll be WWIII. And if the human race dies out from that, we all saw it coming.

Or, I could just say, by the time the world actually does end, probably humans will be extinct.

Enperuto
February 24th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Isn't 2012 when Skynet goes online? *is shot*

The sun won't make a black hole, dammit! The sun's a G2, and has to be 1,000 times bigger to make a black hole. However, we will be burnt to a crisp when the sun depletes it's Helium and turns into a red giant. But by then we'll hopefully be living elsewhere. If we aren't, that'd be sad...

As for 12/12/12, it will be a few weeks before either the incumbent or the new president is sworn in, so maybe something happens their?

But feasible doomsday scenarios are really limited to nuclear war followed by winter (though some would survive and carry on), global warming / energy crisis (which we can get by easily if we don't care about money), or aliens destroying us. And since no aliens have been discovered coming near us, either or grasp on physics is poor or there aren't any nearby. Thus, we're sitting fine.

QueenZ
February 25th, 2008, 12:32 AM
c'mon how many times have people predicted the end of the world?? This aint gonna be different.. :P

♣Gawain♣
February 25th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I'm a amateur astronomer and most of your Astronomy topics need some correction.

First... Sun is located in the Orion Arm of the galaxy and it is about 50,000 light-years and not by the millions(We would reach at the end of the Local group in that measurements.)

Second.... About the black hole, it will only appear because there's material near it. We can only detect black holes through it's accretion disk. The black hole in the heart of our galaxy(Saggittrius A*) is aligned with the galactic disk and it's not a supermassive one. Not unlike the Death Star galaxy.

What I've just heard that the asteriod Aphopis will crash to Earth in 2034. The chance is slim, considering Jupiter's gravity and the developments of "anti-asteroid" weapons.

And I don't believe it's in 2012

txteclipse
February 26th, 2008, 03:02 PM
No one knows exactly when the world will end, but there are obviously predictions. Some things to look out for:

1. A world government.
2. Some type of mark applied to either the forehead or hand of people under said government.
3. Lots of natural disasters.
4. Lots of war.

These things signify that the world is about to end, according to the Bible for all of them and acording to science for the last two. So yeah. When this stuff starts happening, worry.

Spinor
February 26th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I'm a amateur astronomer and most of your Astronomy topics need some correction.

First... Sun is located in the Orion Arm of the galaxy and it is about 50,000 light-years and not by the millions(We would reach at the end of the Local group in that measurements.)

Second.... About the black hole, it will only appear because there's material near it. We can only detect black holes through it's accretion disk. The black hole in the heart of our galaxy(Saggittrius A*) is aligned with the galactic disk and it's not a supermassive one. Not unlike the Death Star galaxy.

What I've just heard that the asteriod Aphopis will crash to Earth in 2034. The chance is slim, considering Jupiter's gravity and the developments of "anti-asteroid" weapons.

And I don't believe it's in 2012

Can't argue with that :P

2012 will just the merry new galactic day, or 25 milleniums, of the sun's orbit in the galaxy. And considering Jupiter's Gravity, I don't think we'll get an asteroid impact in our lives. And if we don't stop Global Warming, Your great grandson may die young. I retire from the thread.

A.K9

ddogg1212
February 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM
watch this, zeitgeist (http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com) its a really REALLY well made movie about alot of events in history that can lead to our demise, it has biblical, political, and scientifical facts. i think we should make a new thread about this movie, its really good.

by the way, its 2 hrs long, but its so worth watching it.

Gummy
February 26th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Can't argue with that :P

2012 will just the merry new galactic day, or 25 milleniums, of the sun's orbit in the galaxy. And considering Jupiter's Gravity, I don't think we'll get an asteroid impact in our lives. And if we don't stop Global Warming, Your great grandson may die young. I retire from the thread.

A.K9

Actually, it's Jupiter's gravity that's sending Apophis our way in the first place; it was blasted out of its orbit by coming too close to the gas giant. Scientist know FOR A FACT that in 2027, Friday the 13th, Apophis will pass right under our satellites but not hit the Earth (if you're in the right spot, you will be able to see it with your naked eyes). Through calculations, they have also discovered that if the asteroid passes through a certain, small region in space (highly slim chance of it passing through this point), Earth's gravity will send it into a new orbit that will cause it to hit us exactly seven years.

Or at least, that's what the History channel says. XD

brightparis
February 27th, 2008, 03:06 AM
I don't believe in these stupid predictions.But it does not mean that i don't believe in God.

But these predictions ...........................really don't believe.

♣Gawain♣
February 27th, 2008, 05:04 AM
I was born on December 21st. ^^'

So? What is the relevance in this section?

Michii
February 27th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Mayan Calendar predictions. They lived a thousand years ago. There's nothing that scientifically proves this or supports this, so I'm going to go with "I'll be ninty-two when I die" kind of thing.

Merzbau
February 27th, 2008, 03:12 PM
If the Mayans were so omniscient and all-knowing about the future, then how come they didn't realize the Spanish weren't their friends?

sims796
February 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
;3376422']If the Mayans were so omniscient and all-knowing about the future, then how come they didn't realize the Spanish weren't their friends?

Ouch. You hit them hard with that one. Right below the belt :P

But it's true. Jaimes made another excellent point.

"if what the mayans said were true, why doesn't any rationable person ever think of this?"

Or something to that effect. And it's true. I never heard of this crap, untill I've seen this thread. What? The government is keeping this from me? Yeah. They really spent their time keeping 1,000 year old mayan secrets from us.

ddogg1212
February 28th, 2008, 07:57 PM
watch this, zeitgeist (http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com) its a really REALLY well made movie about alot of events in history that can lead to our demise, it has biblical, political, and scientifical facts. i think we should make a new thread about this movie, its really good.

did anyone watch it? its really good

Rob462
March 1st, 2008, 12:01 PM
Well you retards stop talking about the death of our great nation. Most of you have now idea what you guys are talking about. The only this **** is if you give me some real proof not from a tv show on discovery, History channel, and whatever stupid ****ing retarted shows that talk about the end of the world. This world will never end in any ones of our life times. So who gives a ****ing ****. The people that will be alive when the will end will be our great grandchildren. So just give up on this stupid ****ing conversation the world will never end in our life.

Thank You

Anti
March 1st, 2008, 12:08 PM
Well you retards stop talking about the death of our great nation. Most of you have now idea what you guys are talking about. The only this **** is if you give me some real proof not from a tv show on discovery, History channel, and whatever stupid ****ing retarted shows that talk about the end of the world. This world will never end in any ones of our life times. So who gives a ****ing ****. The people that will be alive when the will end will be our great grandchildren. So just give up on this stupid ****ing conversation the world will never end in our life.

Thank You

You know swearing repeatedly and rewording the same thing over and over again DOES NOT make your point any stronger, it only made me not take you seriously.

Not to mention you could be wrong. Global Warming isn't exactly helping the cause and you never know if the Mayans are correct or not. There are so many things that could screw us up so I wouldn't say our "great nation" is invincible. You know that attitude didn't really help Great Britain much during the American Revolution, now did it?

Rob462
March 1st, 2008, 12:09 PM
Well what i realy think will happen is dinosaurs will come back and eat us all alive. I heard this on Discovery Channel, History Channel, Disney Channel, Cartoon network, nickleoden, TBS, PBS, FOX NEWS, Family, Family Guy, The super bowl.

PS- The world will end in Dec. 21, 2012.

Ok elvis boy go eat a peanut butter and banna sandwich u stupid *****.

You know swearing repeatedly and rewording the same thing over and over again DOES NOT make your point any stronger, it only made me not take you seriously.

Not to mention you could be wrong. Global Warming isn't exactly helping the cause and you never know if the Mayans are correct or not. There are so many things that could screw us up so I wouldn't say our "great nation" is invincible. You know that attitude didn't really help Great Britain much during the American Revolution, now did it?

Well our nation is great it is invincble to most thing. We have missle defence systems in every state this can shoot down any nukes or terroist attacks. You stupid son of a *****.

"OHHH yah also in every state there are hookers and pimps i am the pimp and you are the ho. PIMP SLAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

THANK YOU
PS-Elvis boy stfu

Jaimes
March 1st, 2008, 12:34 PM
Well our nation is great it is invincble to most thing. We have missle defence systems in every state this can shoot down any nukes or terroist attacks. You stupid son of a *****.

No America doesn't. Nor do I recall them being able to shoot down the terrorist attack of 9/11.

On the matter of being stupid, you sound like an ignorant nationalist (and from your post in the immigration thread, racist as well) who can't spell or string together a grammatically correct sentence without having most of it censored out.

*reports*

Anti
March 1st, 2008, 12:38 PM
You know I don't take Elvis Boy as an insult considering he outsold anybody you listen to lol

I'm going to ignore you now and wait until the moderator shows up now ^_^ For the record missiles cannot shoot down category 5 hurricanes.

As for what I think the end of the world will be sometime not too soon, I doubt it's coming right around the corner. I personally don't think the Mayans will be correct but if they are...darn it! lol

More likely our reliance on oil will catch up with us once we run out and/or what global warming could/will do to us. I don't like to worry about it much, since everybody will eventually die.

I'm not to excited about what could be our fate, but it's too hard to tell so we can only guess and hope it isn't anytime soon. So meh.

Rob462
March 1st, 2008, 12:41 PM
No America doesn't. Nor do I recall them being able to shoot down the terrorist attack of 9/11.

On the matter of being stupid, you sound like an ignorant nationalist (and from your post in the immigration thread, racist as well) who can't spell or string together a grammatically correct sentence without having most of it censored out.

*reports*

well yes i am racist i do suck a grammar but they did put up new missle defence systems in about 3 states.

FourFourTwo
March 1st, 2008, 12:42 PM
I doubt this is gonna happen. Very highly doubt. The mayans were VERY accurate with their calanders, but not very accurate with "events". They were off by several hundred years at a time, and also, its not that hard to predict something and have it happen.

I could have tell you right now that there is gonna be a war in 100 years. That could happen, and if it does, it doesn't mean I predicted it. If it happens in 50 years, or 200 years, I could just say, "well, I guess it was gonna happen, didn't I?".. its the same thing the Mayans did.

Now about this global warming issue.. to quote one of my favorite comedians:

We have rockets. We have saran wrap. GO FIX IT.

Aegis
March 1st, 2008, 12:43 PM

Thank You

Well what i realy think will happen is dinosaurs will come back and eat us all alive. I heard this on Discovery Channel, History Channel, Disney Channel, Cartoon network, nickleoden, TBS, PBS, FOX NEWS, Family, Family Guy, The super bowl.

PS- The world will end in Dec. 21, 2012.

Ok elvis boy go eat a peanut butter and banna sandwich u stupid *****.

"OHHH yah also in every state there are hookers and pimps i am the pimp and you are the ho. PIMP SLAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

THANK YOU
PS-Elvis boy stfu

That's completely unnecessary, you're being very inappropriate to the other members; and any sort of swear words are not allowed on PC. If you have a problem with this, you're free to PM me, but I don't want to see another post like these by you in this thread.

Rob462
March 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM
You know I don't take Elvis Boy as an insult considering he outsold anybody you listen to lol

I'm going to ignore you now and wait until the moderator shows up now ^_^ For the record missiles cannot shoot down category 5 hurricanes.

As for what I think the end of the world will be sometime not too soon, I doubt it's coming right around the corner. I personally don't think the Mayans will be correct but if they are...darn it! lol

More likely our reliance on oil will catch up with us once we run out and/or what global warming could/will do to us. I don't like to worry about it much, since everybody will eventually die.

I'm not to excited about what could be our fate, but it's too hard to tell so we can only guess and hope it isn't anytime soon. So meh.

Dude your 58 and your on a pokemon chat talking about death. You'll die soon anyway who gives your just a waste of a body.

Aegis
March 1st, 2008, 12:48 PM
Dude your 58 and your on a pokemon chat talking about death. You'll die soon anyway who gives your just a waste of a body.

Did you not read the post I just made? This is spam, and disrespectful to Anti-Pop. You'd best read the rules before doing anything else on the forums~

Michii
March 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM
You're a very optimistic person. Just quit while you're.. just quit. ;/

The hilarious thing again in this, is that my friend in PE just brought it up a couple days ago. We had a heated debate over it, and I won xP. He claimed that they predicted wars. I said "There have been wars all over the world at almost every time in the history of civilization except for a 200 year period." He said "but still, they were right about September 11th." I said that there calanders were different than ours, there's no way that they could have predicted "september 11th." I think I may have been wrong there though XDD

ddogg1212
March 3rd, 2008, 03:18 PM
ok well first off historians aren't sure if the Mayans thought dec 21 2012 would be the end of the world or just the start of a new age. what they did know was this: The Mayans believed that the sun had undergone 4 changes before, each one would be considered an age, we, currently, are in the 5th sun cycle, or age. this sun cycle will end on 12-21-2012 according to the mayan calendars.

To incorporate actual science and facts to this, on that date exactly, the north and south poles are going to woble like 45 degrees or something, whatever it is, its gonna be pretty dramatic, although nothing will happen to us at that moment, this shift in the poles will severely weaken earth's magnetic field.

Also, during this time the sunspots on the sun will be very high. [just in case u wana research this or learn About Sunspots (http://spaceweather.com/) go there. wikipedia is good too]

when sunspots are really strong, solar flares can reach the earth, but thanks to our atmosphere and magnetic field, they dont come close enough to hurt us. strong enough solar flares also collide with radio signals and can cause huge disasters(for example, if terrorists were to attack, say new york or D.C. or something, and the US tried to contact another nation for help, their signal might not make it thanks to the solar flares.

so my point is that if our magnetic field is weakened by the poles shifting and the solar flares make their way down here and mess up our radio waves, we could be in danger of an attack from an enemy country that can start another big war.

We'll have to wait to see if anything happens.

a really good movie bout this kind of stuff(2 hrs long) (http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/)

Jaimes
March 3rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
ok well first off historians aren't sure if the Mayans thought dec 21 2012 would be the end of the world or just the start of a new age.
It was determined by a NewAge theorist that impeding doom would fall on Dec 21. Any decent historian agrees that the date is not only unreliable in concordance with a gregorian calendar, but also dreamt up within the past few decades. >_>

To incorporate actual science and facts to this, on that date exactly, the north and south poles are going to woble like 45 degrees or something, whatever it is, its gonna be pretty dramatic, although nothing will happen to us at that moment, this shift in the poles will severely weaken earth's magnetic field.

If you'd like to explain how and why this would occur with some reliable sources, then people would actually take your 'science and facts' seriously. I do wonder how a pole can wobble though. ¬_¬

sims796
March 3rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
It was determined by a NewAge theorist that impeding doom would fall on Dec 21. Any decent historian agrees that the date is not only unreliable in concordance with a gregorian calendar, but also dreamt up within the past few decades. >_>

If you'd like to explain how and why this would occur with some reliable sources, then people would actually take your 'science and facts' seriously. I do wonder how a pole can wobble though. ¬_¬

I'd also like to know the EXACT TIME this would happen.

Azonic
March 3rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
Probably during the whole day. The wobble sounds dramatic, so it may take time.

I've heard on Yahoo!News that they have now currently installed some Doomsday safety device near / in the North Pole.

ddogg1212
March 3rd, 2008, 05:29 PM

here are ur Facts (http://survive2012.com/geryl1.php)

sims796
March 3rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
here are ur Facts (http://survive2012.com/geryl1.php)

That isn't enough. This one person has the answers to the END OF THE WORLD? Oh no!
Even though all the world's scientist dismissed this as pure nonsense, this one person I've never heard of has predicted our dimise!

Azonic
March 3rd, 2008, 05:39 PM
I also checked it on Wikipedia. It also talks about the Pole Shift Theory.

Edit: Sims, did you even bother to check other sources on your own? You'll find that ddogg1212 was correct, even according to various resources.

sims796
March 3rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
Yet it mentions nothing about 2012, nor the end of the world.

Booilicious
March 3rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
Yup. I saw the documentary. The proof, to me, is undeniable.
I wish it won't happen though.

ddogg1212
March 3rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
wait, i found something out! ok i was wrong, for this i am sorry. but now it makes more sense! its not the earth that will reverse it's poles, its the sun! here (http://www.gvnr.com/74/3.htm)

sims796
March 3rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
It still mentions nothing on the World's End.

ddogg1212
March 3rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Yup. I saw the documentary. The proof, to me, is undeniable.
I wish it won't happen though.

its amazing isnt it, and those chips, really are real, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VeriChip_Corp.

It still mentions nothing on the World's End.

the world ISNT gonna end! like i said before, its just the end of this age into the next, read everything next time

some more info, this one is about the aztec predictions(very, VERY similar to the mayan predictions (http://www.paleoanimation.us/macuilli_ollin_tonatiuh.html)

sims796
March 4th, 2008, 08:41 AM
its amazing isnt it, and those chips, really are real, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VeriChip_Corp.

the world ISNT gonna end! like i said before, its just the end of this age into the next, read everything next time

some more info, this one is about the aztec predictions(very, VERY similar to the mayan predictions (http://www.paleoanimation.us/macuilli_ollin_tonatiuh.html)

Then this is the wrong thread. Only about the theory of when the world will end. If this has nothing to do with when we will all go byew bye, it's all useless info.

Especially when you post something like this, clearly stating how we will "meet our demise".

Jaimes
March 4th, 2008, 08:48 AM
wait, i found something out! ok i was wrong, for this i am sorry. but now it makes more sense! its not the earth that will reverse it's poles, its the sun! here (http://www.gvnr.com/74/3.htm)
LOL. Something which happens every 11 years? Wow... that's one good prediction. Not a single decent source I have looked at has determined that this will occur on Dec 21st as well.

While talking about RELIABLE sources, some of the sites you linked too, (specifically the ones with the huge "Survive 2012!" text) was a load of crap. The author, who wrote the article to plug his own book, also seems to believe in mythological beasts and different Gods ranging from Aztec, to Egyptian, Pagan and even Qi. No offence, but this guy was a nut.
Using results of Google from unreliable, unsourced and unprofessional sites, is just ...meh. I'm tempted to link to the 'Invisible Pink Unicorn' website.

But the mayans said it will.... O_o
So you reckon something will happen on the Dec 21st 2012 because 'Mayans Predicted It', but not the doomsday that they predicted? You seem to contradict yourself a tad.
(But then again, Mayans didn't predict the end of the world OR the date....)

Do you even have any idea how 'predictions' were made? Do you honestly believe that a Mayan God decided to light up specific stars on his Birthday to let believers now of their unavoidable doom? Seriously....

Concerning the Zeitgeist vid, that was interesting, though a waste of time. Full of internet rumours (like that of this topic I suppose), relying mostly on illogical ideas and narrow minded & weak evidence. A newspaper review described it as 'Internet Idiocy', containing "witty sayings, fear tactics and a cool, assertive air all enable them to convince the unwitting public of their points". Similar criticisms of the film are on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist%2C_the_Movie#Criticism).

Richard Lynch
March 4th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Well, the Mayan Calendar hasn't exactly predicted stuff like Katrina. You can't really judge something in those terms. It's un-mathematical, and thus loses its evidence.

However, the Mayan Calendar has, in fact, predicted several astronomical events (stuff that actually can be measured). And it's that Calendar that predicted the end of the world to be sometime in December, 2012. And this is how I interpret the possibility of the end of the world:

Now, the idea of galaxies colliding has been thrown around, and the idea of time may screw up this hypothesis, but I'll give it anyway. It's shown that we, the Milky Way, are moving steadily closer to one of our neighbor galaxies, I think it's the Large Magellanic Cloud, or something. Regardless, since the Mayan Calendar has predicted astronomical things, it's possible that the 2012 debate really refers to the point in time where our galaxy collides with our neighbor galaxy. And if that happens, really one of three things can occur:

1.) We go right through each other, sight unseen, and we go back to normal
2.) We get thrown out of orbit by the force it brings, and take a quick trip to the sun, where we will in turn be sizzled like a steak
3.) We are thrown in the opposite direction, out of our galaxy (granted the collision would cause enough force for Earth to be flung with enough escape velocity to escape any gravitational pull that would get in our way), and we get thrown into the dark space, where we will then have a slightly extended winter

Of course, I'm not ruling out the idea of getting flung into the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy, or crashing into another planet not made of gas... the possibilities are endless, but the odds of death are a bit greater than the odds of survival in this case.

So, could this be what the Mayan Calendar predicts, really? I'm not too sure, but again, 4 years is a pinpoint on our universal timeline, so astronomers and astrophysicists could easily see this coming from [several billion] miles away.

In conclusion... I think the Mayan Calendar is full of it. :P

PS: I'm no physicist, but I'm pretty sure it's almost scientifically impossible for the Earth or the Sun to reverse its poles (assuming you're talking about the magnetic poles/magnetosphere?).

PS: ddog1212, I don't trust any source presented to me by someone who uses the word "scientifical".

Maybe my point isn't quite clear, but I'll try to clear up my conclusion:

Predictions don't exist. We can never really see what's gonna happen in the future. Especially in a religious sense.
See, I have this real moron thing I do called THINKING, and have come to the conclusion that it's wise not to believe anything told to you by the church, politicians, parents, and law enforcement officials. Because they're full of it. Stop worrying about the end of the world, especially in some Biblical sense. Trust me, it's far more likely that we humans will nuke ourselves than us seeing those four horses in the sky.

Lolz turtle
March 4th, 2008, 05:33 PM
This talk about the end of the world reminded me of what einstein once said.

"I do not know how the third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth—rocks!"

for me its more likely that the human race will nuke itslef to extintion, ( or well near extintion) rather than a giant something coming from the sky and crashing, or the poles magically shifting directions and the earth changing rotations course. Hell i must be crazy, but seeing four riders in the sky throwing plagues and hunger in the world is something i never expect to see.

Kishijoten
March 15th, 2008, 05:17 PM
relax will ya? it's not the end of the world this world's gonna last forever remember the pokemon song ''together forever'' this planet will survive those people are just trying to trick you to make you feel scare, believe me forever this worl will last

Relax will ya? the world will last forever like the song''together forever'' no doubt but their making this dumb science thing up so believe me forever we'll last dont believe them

sims796
March 15th, 2008, 05:20 PM
My word, we lost SO MANY POST because of that shortage. There was a couple of dozen post here, all gone.

RealRockingham
March 15th, 2008, 08:26 PM
relax will ya? it's not the end of the world this world's gonna last forever remember the pokemon song ''together forever'' this planet will survive those people are just trying to trick you to make you feel scare, believe me forever this worl will last

Relax will ya? the world will last forever like the song''together forever'' no doubt but their making this dumb science thing up so believe me forever we'll last dont believe them
What utta shite jus because someone makes up a song syaing the world will lasdt 4eva doesn;'t make it so,,, what utter, utter ****...

nOTHING LAS forever

Aegis
March 15th, 2008, 08:55 PM
RealRockingham: Swearing and censor bypass are both not allowed on the forums, you can just as easily say the same thing without the language~

Yoshimi
March 15th, 2008, 08:55 PM
well we will just have to wait and see won't we?
but in my opinion its a NO because they were talking about Y2K and yet i never saw a computer running around.
the mayan calenders stated this i think but they will be just as wrong as other people.

RealRockingham
March 15th, 2008, 08:59 PM
their will be no waiting and seeing, we will be dead,.

sims796
March 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
When will this happen? Where is the proof that this will?

RealRockingham
March 15th, 2008, 09:17 PM
When will this happen? Where is the proof that this will?
the prof is in the pudding

but seriously, its just common sense. the workld will end after we die, it has for every other generation.

sims796
March 15th, 2008, 09:18 PM

but seriously, its just common sense. the workld will end after we die, it has for every other generation.

That doesn't make a lick of sense. We wouldn't be here if the world ends after every generation.

Diddy Kong
March 15th, 2008, 09:19 PM

Your logic is astounding.

First of all, find me some evidence of the world ending after every other generation.

Secondly, if it ended after each generation, then...America wouldn't be what it is today, nor would the world..seeing as generations are producing offspring and your father had his generation, as do you.

So, if what you're saying is true, then somehow we all fail to notice the destruction of our planet.

Warheart
March 15th, 2008, 09:19 PM

The entire world doesn't end just because one person dies, dude ._.

MudMast
March 16th, 2008, 03:20 PM
what about that person who predicted many things like 9/11 etc.

didn't that guy predict the destruction of the world?

Jaimes
March 16th, 2008, 04:29 PM

As well as being really specific, that's a reliable nugget of information you've sourced there.

Gummy
March 16th, 2008, 04:42 PM

I believe you're talking about Nostradamus. I just love it how everyone talks about the predictions that come true but never the hundreds that don't.

MudMast
March 16th, 2008, 05:35 PM
very true

people predict stuff, they are incorrect, they hide and deny ever saying it :D

.:LemonTea:.
March 16th, 2008, 09:07 PM
This thread has inspired me to eat one more of my extremely high-fat cookies, so I won't feel insanely bad if the world ends. I would be able to have one of my favorite cookies before that happened! :D

----

My friend was discussing that the other day, and she said that a minority group of Chinese horsemen wrote stuff on a wall talking about a weapon that could destroy a city (WW2) and two towers burning to the ground (9/11). The writing ended at the date 2012. xD;

txteclipse
March 16th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I'm sorry, but this thread makes me laugh. It's really truly not going to do us any good to know when the world will end. What are we going to do, prepare for annihalation? To what end and what purpose, may I ask?

Vegeta
March 16th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Well if you follow the Bible then it pretty much tells you whats gonna happen when the world ends

Tsushima
March 17th, 2008, 12:31 AM
since so many people say that it's just BS and it's not gonna happen, I'm gonna be special and say that it will... why? not telling :P figure it out yourself.

yellowparrot
March 17th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Allow me to place a quote from Ghostbusters.

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr. Raymond Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddmore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - MASS HYSTERIA!
Mayor: Enough! I get the point! And what if you're wrong?
Dr. Peter Venkman: If we're wrong, then nothing happens. We'll go to jail. Peacefully. Quietly. We'll enjoy it. But if we're right, and we can stop this thing... Lenny... you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters.

To me, this seems like the kind of "end of the world" stuff we're talking about.

Sakura-Katana
March 19th, 2008, 05:48 AM
"End of the world" predictions have been discovered as far back as 2800 B.C.E. They all have a perfect track record: 100% wrong, 100% of the time.

/Circa
March 19th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Isn't the sun suppose to die out millions of years from now?
Or the ozone layer hole supposed to become larger and we all have to wear gas masks?
I don't beleive any of this crap, except for the first one, which is impossible to avoid.

I remember a couple of years ago, the world almost got fatally damaged, a large asteroid actually passed a few hundred kilometres from the surface of the earth, which they said was almost close enough to get dragged into the earths atmosphere. Sorry if i'm wrong?

Also, I don't remember anything that got predicted completely, obviously there would be signs?
For katrina, wouldn't weather patterns change? Would something happen with wind patters?

I don't beleive any of this.
I'm only year 9, so I may not be that smart?

ThatsREDCUNCULOUS!
March 20th, 2008, 12:07 PM
You obviously haven't seen end of ze world...have you?

"But I'm le tired"
"then take a nap....then fire ze missles!!"

Just thought I'd lighten up this thread. =)

Gummy
March 20th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Isn't the sun suppose to die out millions of years from now?
Or the ozone layer hole supposed to become larger and we all have to wear gas masks?
I don't beleive any of this crap, except for the first one, which is impossible to avoid.

I remember a couple of years ago, the world almost got fatally damaged, a large asteroid actually passed a few hundred kilometres from the surface of the earth, which they said was almost close enough to get dragged into the earths atmosphere. Sorry if i'm wrong?

Also, I don't remember anything that got predicted completely, obviously there would be signs?
For katrina, wouldn't weather patterns change? Would something happen with wind patters?

I don't beleive any of this.
I'm only year 9, so I may not be that smart?

Well, it'll take the sun billions of years to run out, so I don't think anyone has to worry about that. The thing with the ozone layer is that it protects us from UV rays that come from the sun. However, the ozone layer has the ability to fix itself if we just stop burning fossil fuels and find a new method of obtaining energy for around a century or so.

The thing about the asteroid hasn't happened yet but is predicted to happen around the year 2027. Yeah, they say if it gets too close it will eventually hit us in a few years, but this particular asteroid is only big enough to destroy one city. With the Earth covered by 70% of water, the odds are in our favor (that is, if we can evacuate before the tsunami).

It's been proven that Katrina was partly our fault. Global Warming is increasing the temperature of the ocean and hurricanes get bigger from the heat and can last longer on land. They say if we continue like this for another decade, Katrinas will be of the norm.

Hope this info clears some things up for you!

ultradarkrai
March 23rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
Are supposed to line up,
So do you belive it?

Well, we didnt die on december 31 1999, we didn't die on june 6 2006, so we probably wont die now.

JX Valentine
March 23rd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Are supposed to line up,
So do you belive it?

Of course I don't believe it. Earth is obviously supposed to be demolished by the Vogons to make way for a hyperspace bypass. Clearly. Didn't anyone else read the planning charts and demolition orders? </geek>

Seriously, though, I don't believe it. I'm more likely to believe that there might be a cultural revolution taking place in 2012 ("end of the world as we know it") than galaxies lining up and the earth ball going into the corner pocket. (Although I won't get too deep into why because it's already been talked about to death, save for the fact that Chibaymega pretty much touched on it -- stars, collapsed or otherwise, just aren't close enough to do lick to us.)

Sakura-Katana
March 23rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
All of this "December 2012" stuff is superstitious nonsense as well. I am going to laugh when that date comes and goes, and nothing happens.

Jaimes
March 23rd, 2008, 01:35 PM
Though straying slightly offtopic- on the subject of "oMG SUM1 PREDICTED 9/11- no waizzz!" the person associated with it is Nostradamus.

Within hours of the actual attacks, an email circulated saying:
"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, two brothers torn apart by chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb." "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning." "On the 11th day of the 9th month that...two metal birds would crash into two tall statues...in the new city...and the world will end soon after"

And was quoted as Nostradamus' prophecy, from 1654. Not only was the prophecy unfindable in any of his 1954 texts, but also unfound in any of Nostradamus' remaining works. Obviously it's a fake...as well as the fact that predicting the far future is somewhat impossible. Although the psychic community used it (despite being email rubbish) as 'proof' of prophecy.

Clearly, whoever really wrote this made it up after the event- and was a sicko trying to freak people out.. which is really quite bad taste. And of course if you believe someone actually predicted a disaster... then you're really really gullible.

Sakura-Katana
March 23rd, 2008, 01:59 PM
Nostradamus' "prophecies" are so broad and vague, something like it is bound to happen at some point. I could predict that a "great fire" will break out in a major city in the next 500 years, it will probably happen.

Crimson_Blade
March 24th, 2008, 04:16 PM
People can say a lot of things about "oracles" and so on, but people can make things up. We shouldn't have to worry about it until the year 2012 if it's really supposed to happen. But an end to the world seems pretty unlikely to happen in the next few years.

Unlimited NiGHTS
March 24th, 2008, 04:28 PM
The end of the world happens when I darn well say so. Close this thread already.

Yes, I am joking.

Aegis
March 24th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I've been seriously considering closing this thread, it's just been going in circles for the past several pages. You don't need to post twenty times that you think that the prophecy is wrong, or that you think it'll come true. From now on, I only want to see posts that are contributing something new to the topic. Any more "I don't think they'll come real...etc" posts will be deleted, and an infraction issued.

sims796
March 24th, 2008, 04:42 PM
This thread should be up & closed, then. There is no viable reason to believe otherwise, they have all been discussed & taken as nonsense.. There really is no theory, since it will be disproven, and another circle will errupt.

What could possibly be new to this topic? It's either yes or no, and the occasional nonsense (somewhat spammy, as it really doesn't have much to do with the end of the world) post, that virtually says yes. But since everyone is, & will say no, then, you know, what new could you really expect?