PDA

View Full Version : pokemon hack ideas

shane2243
January 28th, 2008, 03:12 PM
ive got some ideas, but they're all kinda jumbled, but i kinda want to include most of them.

all pokemon from R/B/Y-D/P
all legendarys, including some new legendary cats, because i think they were missed =[.
dark pokemon, for the rival teams, like the Rocket pokemon cards.
the Gym leaders having their own special pokemon, like the trainer cards.
two rival teams.
a female prof.
a possible renegade prof.?
instead of the heroes' mum, maybe their dad?
new region, largely forest or water based?
modern cities? i think they were missed abit in D/P like really modern, possibly futuristic towns?
Dratini as a starter, i feel that Dratini was always an obvious starter but never really included, except in legend of dragons hack.

im not too good with story ideas, but any ideas would be appreciated.

i'd very much like your opinions on these ideas?

thanks in advance.

adamb241
January 28th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I like you ideas a lot, the legendary cat idea would be a cool idea. I think it should be largely forest/Jungle based. I like your idea with futuristic towns and everything. Got any ideas for a story line?

shane2243
January 28th, 2008, 03:26 PM
i thought maybe you have to earn your right to train pokemon, like only a select few can do it? because in all the other pokemon games it seems as if if you have $200 (the price of a simple pokeball) you can be a trainer.(which just gave me the idea of trainer points instead of money?) anyway, you have to like be able to convince your first pokemon to come with you, after doing so you get your first badge, allowing you to use pokeballs.
in the story maybe you convince one of the legendary cats to come with you, but your rival, or one of the teams/the renegade prof. steals the pokemon from you while you sleep the first night after obtaining it? and as a kinda sorry the non-renegade prof. gives you a starter (possible Dratini ^0^). and you're fighting to get your pokemon back? cos ya know, you REALLY liked that pokemon, it was pretty =].

like i said not good with stories.

adamb241
January 28th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Well I don't really think that you should have to beat the first gym leader to be able to use poke balls. I think that converting money into trainer points is a good idea. That would take a lot of work though. Well the story line with the rivals/evil team steal the legendary Pokémon is a good idea. How about an alliance between your rival and team____?

+Sneasel™
January 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM
impossible, you will only be able to insert around 25 D/P pokemon, assuming your not replacing any other pokemon
all legendarys, including some new legendary cats, because i think they were missed =[.
Not a bad idea...
Those 2 won't be easy, and will be even harder, since you want D/P pokemon and special pokemon?
two rival teams.
Ok...nothing wrong with that, just don't make there quest the same as R/S/E
a female prof.
...No comment
both seem fine, its up to you
well, as long as you map them good :)
modern cities? i think they were missed abit in D/P like really modern, possibly futuristic towns?
that sounds like a good idea, you can use different tiles too!
Dratini as a starter, i feel that Dratini was always an obvious starter but never really included, except in legend of dragons hack.
Dratini levels up really slowly, evolves into its final stage at 55, and starts out only with wrap. I wouldn't make dratini a starter unless you make major revisions.

well, that was my 2 cents...hope you find something useful in that.

adamb241
January 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM
impossible, you will only be able to insert around 25 D/P pokemon, assuming your not replacing any other pokemon
Not a bad idea...
Those 2 won't be easy, and will be even harder, since you want D/P pokemon and special pokemon?
two rival teams.
Ok...nothing wrong with that, just don't make there quest the same as R/S/E
a female prof.
...No comment
both seem fine, its up to you
well, as long as you map them good :)
that sounds like a good idea, you can use different tiles too!
Dratini levels up really slowly, evolves into its final stage at 55, and starts out only with wrap. I wouldn't make dratini a starter unless you make major revisions.

well, that was my 2 cents...hope you find something useful in that.

Well he can use Dratini if he edits its stats. In LOD the dratini has an ice attack (I think). If you edit the Pokémon's moves then it will be alright.

danrox205
December 22nd, 2009, 06:15 PM
thats good idea does anyone want to script for me

chibinekogirl101
December 27th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I have an idea for a ROM hack, it is where you play as Ash, and the universe begins to... 'merge' with the official games universe. It starts off normally, but as you go along you see characters that weren't in the anime, such as Silver who you see leaving the Rocket base, and Green / Leaf who seems to be following you and can heal your Pokemon. Gary's teasing becomes more severe as he challenges you to battles 5 steps away from a poke center, and mentioning something about the SS. Anne and Ratticate that seems to have been killed. It would end with a massive 'boss' fight with Ash VS Red atop of mt. Silver. I wanted to make this my self, but my computer doesn't like me :(

karatekid552
December 27th, 2013, 01:54 PM
We have two other threads for hack ideas. Don't revive old ones.

-Locked-

~karatekid552