View Full Version : Hometown

January 28th, 2008, 4:19 PM
Yes I know there's the Locations in your profile and all, but few people take that seriously. So, on that note, where is everyone from? Myself, I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

January 28th, 2008, 4:33 PM
This can't really get into a discussion and it's more of a statistic, so OVP it goes~

I won't say what town, but I live in Florida. The weather's nice and we do have Mickey Mouse, but that about ends the good things of Florida. High crime rate, pollution, and the worst schools in the country. I wish I lived up North...

January 28th, 2008, 4:44 PM
I was born in Canada. I grew up in Chicago. And now I'm in Charlotte NC since 6 months ago.

Depends what you call a hometown O_o

January 28th, 2008, 5:20 PM
I was born in San Diego California, and my time line of home goes as follows:

San Diego(born) > Somewhere in Maine(I was 1) > San Diego(ages 2-7) > Jacksonville, Florida(ages 8-now)

January 28th, 2008, 5:30 PM
I was born in a little town in Georgia, here is the order of where I lived.

Little town in Georgia > Philippines > Little town in Georgia (We moved back) > Bigger town in Georgia. ^^

TB Pro
January 28th, 2008, 5:59 PM
Well I actually have two histories.

Selden, KS ---> Colby, KS ---> Talequah, OK ---> Moore, OK ---> Talequah, OK ---> Vian, OK

Selden, KS(lol only one place)

So yeah.

Selden = 0-3 years
Colby = Pre-K
Talequah = 1st-4th Grade
Moore = 5th Grade
Talequah = 6th Grade
Vian = 7th-8th Grade(now)

January 28th, 2008, 6:38 PM
Georgia. Gosh, I hate it here and I've had the 'pleasure' of living here my whole life. We live in the middle of no where so my old school was full of redneck hicks. Oh, the joys of being homeschooled now, finally. Our summers are absolutely miserable. It's so humid that you can't step outside in the middle of the day for longer than you can hold your breath. xD It seriously feels like breathing in air from the inside of an oven. I swear, I'm moving to Alaska one day. Or maybe I'll go study the penguins way down south. Florida is even better than where we live. Sure, it may be a little hotter but atleast I can breath down there!

January 28th, 2008, 7:22 PM
I've lived on the same small patch of dirt in New Bern, NC since I was born.

If I never returned here, it'd be too soon. This place sucks.

I would only come back here for the people. There's nothing here but a bunch of trees and mosquitoes.

January 28th, 2008, 8:03 PM
I was always jealous of people who had a "hometown" since I never knew what to put for that. D8

I was born in Toronto, but I moved away when I was 2 so I don't remember it at all. I spent my earlier years in Edmonton and moved to Vancouver when I was 6. Then a year and a half later, I moved to Halifax. I can't consider that my hometown since, well, I didn't really originate there and I didn't even live there longest. D: I moved back here to Toronto when I was 12, and it's my permanent home as of now, but I don't necessarily consider it my hometown since I didn't grow up here. D8 Well, I guess I sort of did, but I don't associate it with my childhood, but my teenage years. XD; And... now that I'm in university, I go to school in Waterloo. I'm off for a work term now, so I'm back home (Toronto), but in future I may be living in completely random places to work.

If I had to pick one place out of everywhere I've lived as a hometown, though, it'd be where I live now--Toronto, Ontario.

January 28th, 2008, 8:11 PM
mmm, ALL my life I live on Lima, Perú. I moved only once but I live in the same city so It wasn't big deal.

One thing, Lima Is HUGE so move from one part to the other It's not necesary near...

January 29th, 2008, 10:00 AM
My history:

Tucson, Arizona (Born to age 3) > Mesa, Arizona (3 to now)

Only left state twice for vacation. Other than that, Mesa, Arizona. My hometown.

January 29th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I've lived in Greenville, South Carolina my entire life. We've (attempted) to switch houses around here, but every time we end up back in this one. We also have a mountain house, which is about an hour or so drive away from Greenville. :x I don't like it here, there's not enough city to do things like in a city, yet there isn't enough farmland to be considered the country. We're an in between country-city D:

January 29th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Arizona rawks.

But I haven't lived there for a few years now. Dx

I don't have what I can consider a 'hometown' because I moved three times by the time I was four, but I was born in Augusta Georgia. Only stayed there for a year though, so honestly. xD;

Now I live in some crappy place overrun with protesters holding picket signs. D:< I want my Tucson Arizona back! D:<

January 29th, 2008, 2:00 PM
All I will say it that it is in Oklahoma. Born, raised - never left.

Ben Kenobi
January 29th, 2008, 2:08 PM
I've lived in London most of my life. I was born in the city of Cambridge though.

January 29th, 2008, 4:05 PM
Plano/Allen- born to 4 years old
Nevada- 4 years old to 5 years old
Mansfield - 5 years old to 12 1/2 years old
Fort Worth- 12 1/2 years old to 13 years old
Mansfield(again!)-13 years old to now

January 31st, 2008, 9:54 PM
I moved here (Stouffville) last year from Toronto.
I'll always love Toronto. I lived in up-town. On Jane and Wilson.

February 1st, 2008, 1:58 PM
I'm a military child. We don't have hometowns -- we're usually uprooted every four years or so. :/ It's always so hard to answer the question "where are you from?" because I'm not really from anywhere.
Sometimes I say Wisconsin for simplicity, since most of my family lives there, but even then... it feels a bit wrong to call it home. I only lived there a few months out of my life, not to mention I hardly know most of my family, anyway. ._.

February 1st, 2008, 6:40 PM
Monroe, NC. Out in the boondocks. I've lived here all my life, and i plan on staying here too.

February 2nd, 2008, 3:28 AM
I've been in MA my entire life..It's cool here, and we have alot of good local bands. I was born somewhere in Brighton (subsection of Boston), lived there up until 4 years ago, then my family decided to move me out to some suburbian town that has like, 12 people in it. Seriouly, this is some town that you would never have heard of, unless you lived here ._.

..It kinds sucks. I can't wait to leave...maybe move somewhere in Finland <_<

February 2nd, 2008, 3:40 AM
I doubt anyone will know of Hull.

But thats where I was born and live now. Or in that area.

February 2nd, 2008, 7:29 AM
I was born and raised mostly in Richmond, Virginia.

Now I'm in Daytona Beach, Florida. Soaking up the sun... :D