PDA

View Full Version : Josh's Art (Not too good IMO)

Jesus Freak Josh
July 10th, 2004, 10:40 PM
OK.
Like Scarlet, I made some art on paint.
I don't think it's too good but that's me.
http://www.geocities.com/joshuabbates/Pikachu.jpg

Tell me what you think!

-Josh (A.K.A Batesy)

NOTE: If the image does NOT appear, copy and paste THIS URL in the address bar: http://www.geocities.com/joshuabbates/Pikachu.jpg

PichuSecretBase
July 11th, 2004, 04:56 AM
NEither work ^^; try resaving it.

Shana
July 11th, 2004, 07:04 AM
I saw it when I copied and pasted the geocities URL. The Pikachu is really cute! =D

Skye
July 11th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Kawaii! Paint is such a hard program to use....kudos to you!

Sankari
July 11th, 2004, 08:32 AM
It's good, considering you did it on paint, because it's hard to make something on that program...but I think I can do better, he he he...

Skye
July 11th, 2004, 11:03 AM
It's good, considering you did it on paint, because it's hard to make something on that program...but I think I can do better, he he he...

Oh be kind. It's really degrading to have someone brag about how much better they are. Everyone always has room for improvement, no matter how good they (think they) are. So stick to constructive criticisms....

Jesus Freak Josh
July 11th, 2004, 01:15 PM
NEither work ^^; try resaving it.
A PSB, just try and do what I told and copy and paste the URL into the address bar. DON'T click it.

PichuSecretBase
July 11th, 2004, 01:38 PM
I did copy and paste. I shall try again though

Okay maybe tehre was a problem this mornin. Well tis cute ^^

Jesus Freak Josh
July 11th, 2004, 01:39 PM
I couldn't see it either! You're right! Probably a problem! Darn Geocities!
PSB, do you live in Australia?

Jesus Freak Josh
July 11th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Sorry to double post, but I have a new picture.
Squirtle is at the Skate park to find it is contaminated, then a Koffing knocks him out. This isn't too good IMO either. But PLEASE don't criticise it!
http://www.geocities.com/joshuabbates/SquirtleatSP.JPG

NOTE: If the image does NOT appear, copy and paste THIS URL in the address bar: http://www.geocities.com/joshuabbates/SquirtleatSP.JPG

Skye
July 11th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Sorry to double post, but I have a new picture.
Squirtle is at the Skate park to find it is contaminated, then a Koffing knocks him out. This isn't too good IMO either. But PLEASE don't criticise it!
http://www.geocities.com/joshuabbates/SquirtleatSP.JPG

NOTE: If the image does NOT appear, copy and paste THIS URL in the address bar: http://www.geocities.com/joshuabbates/SquirtleatSP.JPG

*giggles* That one made me chuckle, Batesy...in a good way!! ^^ I dunno why, but Koffing always makes me laiugh!!

Jesus Freak Josh
July 11th, 2004, 04:13 PM
*giggles* That one made me chuckle, Batesy...in a good way!! ^^ I dunno why, but Koffing always makes me laiugh!!
Cause it looks weird? I was a bit too lazy to completely draw Koffind properly.

MiNuN*
July 11th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Eh... not that good, doesn't look like a pIkachu, no shading, the border is supposed to be a frame? Doesn't look quite right.actually.. Paint isn't that hard, you didn't use the line tool properly o.o; ....the eyes are gone awkward..the face is way too wide.. doesn'te ven look like Pikachu, some improvement.

Skye
July 11th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Eh... not that good, doesn't look like a pIkachu, no shading, the border is supposed to be a frame? Doesn't look quite right.actually.. Paint isn't that hard, you didn't use the line tool properly o.o; ....the eyes are gone awkward..the face is way too wide.. doesn'te ven look like Pikachu, some improvement.

Did you not read the part that said "don't criticize?" -_- There's a nice way to say things to people. Work on that, and you won't get responses like mine...

Anyway, Batesy, give Oekaki-ing a try! I joined one that PSB goes to. You can ask him for the link if you want. The program is way better than paint, and it's a lot of fun!! You and Andra should both give it a try. It's such a blast! ^^ Keep up the good work!

Jesus Freak Josh
July 11th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Did you not read the part that said "don't criticize?" -_- There's a nice way to say things to people. Work on that, and you won't get responses like mine...

Anyway, Batesy, give Oekaki-ing a try! I joined one that PSB goes to. You can ask him for the link if you want. The program is way better than paint, and it's a lot of fun!! You and Andra should both give it a try. It's such a blast! ^^ Keep up the good work!
What?
What the heck is that? Sounds weird!

Skye
July 11th, 2004, 04:37 PM
What?
What the heck is that? Sounds weird!

Oekaki is an online drawing board. It has a really spiffy graphics program and it's a million times better than paint. Send a PM to PSB, and ask about it...I'm sure PSB can explain it better than I. :)

MiNuN*
July 11th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Why give him the satisfaction? He needs improvement, I'm explaining it in a more of a specific way, I wasn't assuming or presuming anything.. Geez.. You give the things he did wrong so he would improve, if you give him early satisfaction he wouldn't get the cheer to try harder, if you people are already hurt, I'll just leave you guys alone, bah, I will anyway.

Skye
July 11th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Why give him the satisfaction? He needs improvement, I'm explaining it in a more of a specific way, I wasn't assuming or presuming anything.. Geez.. You give the things he did wrong so he would improve, if you give him early satisfaction he wouldn't get the cheer to try harder, if you people are already hurt, I'll just leave you guys alone, bah, I will anyway.

Good. There's this thing called constructive criticism...and there was none of it in your last post. It's much more effective than if you just point out his faults. Now I'm done. There will be no flame war here.

MiNuN*
July 11th, 2004, 04:55 PM
*puts up white flag* okay sorry I got carried away in clan wars..

Jesus Freak Josh
July 12th, 2004, 02:18 PM
OK!
Here is one of my new pics! It's called Pika, Pika everywhere!
http://umbreonslair.solarbeam.org/oekaki/pictures/221.png

Who's ears are behind the tree? Pika! Who's holding the balloon? Pika! Who's head's on the balloon? PIKA!

MiNuN*
July 13th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Hm... the 'not-so-good' kind of style of drawing, sorry but you could use some texture improvement. You can use the paint brush of darker green and do some grass effect on the green land. If you can start using the paint brush and stop the pencil (its low quality stuff) you will gradually improve. Hm... an average drawing in overall.

Jesus Freak Josh
July 13th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Meh! I like using pencil! I'll keep that in mind anyways...
Also, I have a new pic.
This one was AGAIN drawn on Oekaki.
http://umbreonslair.solarbeam.org/oekaki/pictures/230.png

MiNuN*
July 13th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Ahh, thats great! ^^; If you like the pencil then stay with it but if you change your mind, then even greater, right? lol..

Jesus Freak Josh
July 13th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Thanks! For once a compliment! I would like to thank Skye for the link to the board! *Wipes away a tear*

MiNuN*
July 13th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Welcome. ^_^
You have 1400 posts, you joined March.
I have 620 posts, I joined January o.o;
Much more to post about nowadays, I guess.

Skye
July 13th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Nice job with the Pichu, Batesy! You're improving so much, so quickly! ^^

Different tools on the oekaki give you different kinds of textures, which are really fun to experiment with. When I did the pic of Yukiko I used a combination of the pencil, paint, and blur tools. I did a solid base of color with the pencil tool for her body and the shading, and then used the paint tool to go around the edges for a softer look. Finally, I used the blur and smudge tools to get that whispy, furry look to her. You might want to consider giving it a try with some of your own art...as well as experimenting with some shading. If you want, i can give you tips on that as well. ^^

Jesus Freak Josh
July 13th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Nice job with the Pichu, Batesy! You're improving so much, so quickly! ^^

Different tools on the oekaki give you different kinds of textures, which are really fun to experiment with. When I did the pic of Yukiko I used a combination of the pencil, paint, and blur tools. I did a solid base of color with the pencil tool for her body and the shading, and then used the paint tool to go around the edges for a softer look. Finally, I used the blur and smudge tools to get that whispy, furry look to her. You might want to consider giving it a try with some of your own art...as well as experimenting with some shading. If you want, i can give you tips on that as well. ^^
Meh! I'm fine!
It turned out better than Dratini anyways! What to draw next? *Goes through Pokmon Collector's sticker Book 3*

MoonLight
July 13th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Hey Batesy, your pics are not bad ,very cute ^_^ the more ya practice the more skilled ya get , you are improving Great Job !

Jesus Freak Josh
July 13th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Thankyou! *Wipes away another tear*

Jesus Freak Josh
July 14th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Sorry to double post but I made another one which Skye has had a peek at!
http://umbreonslair.solarbeam.org/oekaki/pictures/238.png
IMO, this is the best I have done so far!!

Sankari
July 17th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Sorry for saying 'I could do better...' I'm just playing around!

ScArLetSkye
July 17th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Wow, that's pretty good! I like it! ^^
Keep more coming!

Jesus Freak Josh
July 23rd, 2004, 02:06 PM
More of ze awaited art!

http://www.geocities.com/joshuabbates/MaHcomic.PNG

I'm the Exploud, Andra is the Wynaut, Skye is the Electrike and RM is the Ludicolo.

Jesus Freak Josh
July 26th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Sorry to double post but I have MORE art.

The first one is an affiliate button for a forum.
The second to fourth are the Charmander evos by me.
The fifth is an Espeon I made for my sweet pair up, Andra.

Skye
July 26th, 2004, 04:00 AM
Post 33's art isn't showing up, Batesy.

Nice job on the cards. I assume you used sprites? Just make sure you try and blend them into the cards a little better. Some of the backgrounds are a little out of place. Other than that, nice job!

Jesus Freak Josh
July 26th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Post 33's art isn't showing up, Batesy.

Nice job on the cards. I assume you used sprites? Just make sure you try and blend them into the cards a little better. Some of the backgrounds are a little out of place. Other than that, nice job!
Yeah I guess...
Just do the Copy Paste URL thing on the other art.

And yeah I did use sprites for the cards. I'll post a good one I did with Groudon when it's done.