PDA

View Full Version : [QUESTION] Seamless map transition.

[_DarkDragon_]
February 1st, 2008, 11:12 AM
Hi, I wanna do a seamless map transition like in the gb, gba, nds games with RMXP, I was looking at the ruby code and it seems I can access a whole map in ruby, is there a way to make it so like if I'm going from one city to a route, I can show the route above the city before loading the route map (and the other way around), then just use a teleport but make it look like the hero walked from one to the other?

Mrchewy
February 1st, 2008, 03:12 PM
I really don't know how, but Pokémon Essentials has this feature. If you're working on a Pokémon game for RMXP, then you really should be using that.

[_DarkDragon_]
February 1st, 2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks, I took a look at the code but I can't quite understand what handles the map transitions. Unlike most people I don't like to use stuff other people made and since I'm trying to learn RGSS I wanna do it myself :P

poccil
February 2nd, 2008, 12:23 AM
The script that allows seamless connection of maps is found in the script section PokemonMap in Pokemon Essentials. It's called PokemonMapFactory and manages multiple maps at a time.

DarkPegasus
February 5th, 2008, 06:08 AM
You can do it with simple events.
When you create a teleport event, make a conditional branch and make it if hero is facing (left/right/up/down) if yes then make the screen transition none, then make a move hero event (in direction of facing) then teleport, if no - nothing. Please note: by doing this you'll have to make your maps longer, because they will need to have parts of the map you are teleporting to, so that it would seem seamless.