PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever taken part in A school play?

Karonte
February 2nd, 2008, 04:33 AM
So have You ?

Ive taken part in over 10!

Tré
February 2nd, 2008, 04:38 AM
yes while we replicate the disney's high school musical but its kinda different. im one on the band group im the drummer. we played Green Day's basket case. it totally rock. my crush appreciated my performance that night...

EDIT: yay first post

*LuckyStarIsLucky*
February 2nd, 2008, 05:26 AM
we will next year. it could be High School Musical!

Pikabloo
February 2nd, 2008, 06:25 AM
Yes, actually. But it was so long ago, I can't even remember what the play was about, or what the title was. I can remember little details of my role, though. I played the role of a haunted tree (along with a bunch of my classmates), and I had to hold a twisted bit of brown paper in each hand, and I had paper leaves stapled onto my shirt. And I had to dance around to some music. That was somewhat embarassing.

I would have taken part in more school plays, except I usually can't remember the lines, and I can't act. Although I have to say, playing a tree was pretty... fun >.>

BeachBoy
February 2nd, 2008, 06:37 AM
I have taken part in two, one in the first grade and one in the 5th grade. In first grade I had to duet with a girl for 3 songs xD. Then the 5th grade one I was *insert your luaghing here* a Cup of coffee :P

It was fun, but those days are quite a long time ago.

She-Elf
February 2nd, 2008, 06:57 AM
Yes, haha xD In four, but two of them was christmasplays xD
But I was cinderella in one of them, and a girl in grease in the other one, I don't remember her name xD
I think schoolplays are fun x]

Natalie♥
February 2nd, 2008, 07:23 AM
I'm stuck putting on a play with my homeroom for the rest of my grade. It's some history play.

Aegis
February 2nd, 2008, 08:29 AM
If you mean other than the mandatory school plays, then no. But I had to take part in a play from kindergarten to the sixth grade. I left that school after that, and haven't done any plays since then, except one or two little ones in a local theater XD;

Azonic
February 2nd, 2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah, but against my will. The whole 5th grade had to do it the year before this one.

Sweet Smoochum
February 2nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Yes, I have. I was in A Midsummer Night's Dream; Bye, Bye Birdie; (Star Wars version of) Hamlet; The Taming of the Shrew, Cyrano De Bergerac, 2 different One Act Plays: Mother-Love, and Isumi. I only got a lead once. (In 9th grade. I had 500 lines that I memorized word for word.) I was a dancer in both Hamlet and The Taming of the Shrew. I took Theater 1 and 2 as electives and now I'm taking Theater workshop. In my theater class, we're staging/directing/acting in scenes from musicals. I chose the first High School Musical. Me and this boy will be singing "The Start of Something New." It was either that or choose "Funny Girl." I'm really good at memorizing lines.

Ben Kenobi
February 2nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Only optional one I've taken part in was Grease back in year 10 (3 years ago). Was a T-Bird. School even spent extra money installing lighting and such. For some reason, the teacher though I wanted to do lighting and after telling her I didn't, the roles were already up, so I had to settle getting the minor role I got.

Gerri Shin
February 2nd, 2008, 02:31 PM
I've taken part in many productions over the years, but my biggest so farwas playing the lead character, Winston, in George Orwell's 1984. I was on stage for 90% of the time, every time I went off for even a second there was some who's job it was to give me water.

Star Girl
February 2nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
Yep. A long time ago in a private elemntary school whre they required that everyone take part in it.

Cassino
February 2nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
Once I think, I was backstage though so... eh. :P

Merzbau
February 2nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
I've been in a locally-written play called The First Schoolbus, a musical revue designed by my two gay friends called Salute To Broadway, and two one-act plays, both of which were senior drama students' final projects: Hamlet, and Sugar & Spice.

Virtual Headache
February 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Yes, in only one and it was a pretty small part. I still was extremely nervous though...

Back in primary, I also took part in some small sketches every now and then, but that doesn't really count...

Sorano
February 2nd, 2008, 05:25 PM
In grade 1, I played a lead role in a Christmas play. :D I was a teddy bear, and I remember it being a lot of fun. But since then... I've only ever been in little Romeo and Juliet skits in English class and stuff. I guess acting really isn't my thing. I get too nervous performing in front of people.

Spaekle Oddberry
February 2nd, 2008, 06:12 PM
I was stage crew for a couple and quite enjoyed it. Then I went to high school where the drama productions are student-run and there's a lot of favoritism and bullcrap like that, so I don't particularly care for the school drama department any more. Plus we're doing Grease for the spring musical, and that's on the official list of "Musicals you put on when you don't have any ideas for better musicals to put on". And to think my friend and the theatre teacher were trying to convince them to do Sweeney Todd. D:

Chikara
February 2nd, 2008, 06:42 PM
At my school, there's two plays a year. A fall play and a spring play. The fall one is always a acomedy and the spring one is always a drama.

I'm ALWAYS in the Fall play. And I ALWAYS get the lead female role, if there is one. That's only because I'm the only girl who's always in the play, so the director knows he can count on me... or something...

I've also been casted as a boy, I had to mess up my hair and tie it back. Apperantly I was convincing XD;

Sammi
February 2nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
I can't remember doing one; if I did, I was really young.

I'm not much of an actor. I'm too lazy to memorize lines, and even then, I doubt I'd be any good. XD;

Cherrim
February 2nd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Why is the "a" capitalized in the title...?

The last play/presentation I would've been in would probably be... back when I was three or four and we had mandatory participation. We just had to sing a song or something, so it wasn't even a play. o_O; So that's really the extent of it. I've never been interested in drama, so it's fine by me. XD

Karonte
February 3rd, 2008, 12:17 AM
Why is the "a" capitalized in the title...?
Oops my bad.

On topic: In my last play I was a Man/Women/Man in that order. First I beat up the mainest character. Then I took them to hell on a boat. Then I had to impersonate a Assistant head (You should of seen her face). I had to sing live -_-. It was a verrrry umm slu.... dance. Then I was in heaven as a secretaary then got chased by my wife. The play was La divina commedia a panto.

Olz.
February 3rd, 2008, 12:19 AM
Well. my school does loads of school shows. I want to take part in them, but:
I get stage fright :)

I'd love to, but because of that ^ I can't :(

Binary
February 3rd, 2008, 04:14 AM
Yep I have taken part in some school plays,
Not many now....can't be bothered...too shy n' lazy

~C3LEBI

kohei
February 3rd, 2008, 06:11 AM
The first time I was in a school play was back in primary 3... I was the narrator.
But my grandfather passed away on the day of the play, so they had to record my narration on a tape (yup, we still had those when I was young) so I could attend the funeral in Japan.

The second time was Ali Baba in primary 6. I was the "smart one" in the "dumber-and-smarter" petty thief duo (some original character our principal came up with.)

The third and fourth time was when we had a "cultural evening festival" in high school.
I performed in a cross-dressing maiko performance and souran-bushi.

PB
February 3rd, 2008, 07:09 AM
It have been in the Nativity plays in first school, but apart from that I'm not much of an acting type.

♥~*Abby*~♥
February 3rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Yes, but the most I got to say was 5 words. ~_~

Virtual Chatot
February 3rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Yeah a lot of times, Acting comes naturally to me.

I've been in every single one of Shakespeare's plays, and I've also written one that we actually showed and sold tickets at.

I made $300 in one day :3

Tangerine Fox
February 3rd, 2008, 05:36 PM
I've never had a school play. I have seen one before that my friends were in, but that's it.

However, I've acted in a local teen cabaret once and crewed tons of shows at my local civic theatre. It's super fun. <3

Annie, CATS, 42nd Street, Thoroughly Modern Millie, High School Musical, Suessical, Godspell, 12 Dancing Princesses, Robin Hood: The Next Generation, Five Guys Named Moe, Humpty Dumpty Is Missing, R&H's Cinderella, and two local cabarets. I think I'm forgetting something, but I don't feel like looking it up.

I have also crewed one show of The Barber of Seville and an Indian dance production I don't know the name of. Almost all of this is volunteer work, but I've been paid for two runs since they were performed by professional troupes and not our local actors. Those were really nerve-racking, but fun.

Theatre = <3

I don't think I'll go into tech. theatre as a career, but I'll always do it. I don't think I could take spending more time in the audience than backstage. |D

Roronoa Zolo
February 3rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Never to scare to go stage people in my school throw tomatoes at u if you suck(yes i noe its horrable) teacher let them do it( dunno y) so yah never participate in a play before

Ayano Katagiri
February 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
I was part of one in Primary school with a semi-major role. But that was only because we had to be in the play, it was compulsory for everyone...

And it was a musical based too.

Razer302
February 4th, 2008, 01:18 AM
I have done one Christmas play when I was little. I haven't done anything since then.