PDA

View Full Version : Chinese New Year

ss2 goku
February 7th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Happy Chinese New Year everyone!! Its the year of the rat! What's your animal? Mine is the rooster.

Sheena--Fujibayashi
February 7th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I`m a Dog. =D

Yeahh, I celebrate Chinese New Year since my moms side of the family are like Han Chinese & Filipino. Didn`t go to school today, not only because of the bad weather. I always skip on Chinese New Years. It was so much fun & we got to eat cakes. xP

Jaimes
February 7th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I'm a snake! I'm only half Chinese but CNY is still a really fun time for me.

Got a red packet too! woot :D

Ashromer
February 7th, 2008, 04:12 PM
This year kicks butt for me because I'm the rat! :D Happy Chinese New Year to all, Rats rule!

Azonic
February 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I dunno which one I am. I think I'm the pig [oink] or the one before it @.@

22sa
February 7th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I ignored the holiday myself, but it seems I'm celebrating it with friends this weekend ^^

I'm rabbit!

Cherrim
February 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I... kind of celebrated it. I got given a red envelope for the first time today from my boss and I got... an orange? :x Apparently it's a tradition, for good luck? Haha, it was so hectic working at a Chinese food restaurant today. XD

But yeah, I'm in the year of the snake.

Starway
February 7th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Hey guess what I'm a dog! Also Happy chinese years even though some ppl dont celbrate here like me.....

Saryka
February 7th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I'm in the year of the monkey! =D I don't celebrate it, but I know people who do and it sounds really cool ^^

Lil-Dill
February 7th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I swear I dont know what I am. Alot of people tell me Im a dog and then some more people tell me I am a rooster...I guess Im a rooster-dog*cocka doodle woof*

Happy Chinese New Year!!!!!!!

RYOUKI
February 8th, 2008, 01:49 AM
I'm a dog. It's kinda a bummer since I'm hoping for a dragon or something, also I got 2 red packets. bummer.

Ausaudriel
February 8th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Apparently I'm a dragon, according to Wikipedia. Ironic, considering... well, nevermind. XD;

I've never celebrated the Chinese New Year, personally..

Sanctuary
February 8th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Whee~ Happy Chinese New Year everyone! <3

I am born in the year of the rooster/chicken. I've got probably more than 10 red pockets. I have a wide and close family, which is why I got so many red pockets. XD

Razer302
February 8th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Happy Chinese New Year.

I am the horse. I used to have a spread on my wall that had the Chinese animals on it and the years in which it was the different animals.

Pikabloo
February 8th, 2008, 04:34 AM
I'm in the year of the monkey :3

I don't really celebrate Chinese New Year, though. But my school were giving away some oranges during lunch time. Also, the kids at elementary had a Chinese New Year assembly.

Olz.
February 8th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Mines dog :). Great because i love dogs. I don't celebrate chineese new year though :(

Eon-Rider
February 8th, 2008, 04:41 AM
I'm a **** rooster. My mum made me do annoying phone calls to all my relatives in CHina last night. x_X

kohei
February 8th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Snake here.
Since my family doesn't celebrate Chinese New Year, I thought I'd get no red packets...

By our landlord gave my sister and I a generous amount!

Cassino
February 8th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Mine's the monkey, heh.

What's a red packet?

Lady Nicole
February 8th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I'm a horse. Great. I happen to be afraid of horses XD

Kotowari
February 8th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I am a horse... and quite happy about it. Someone at DeviantArt told me that horses are optimistic, independant and lovable persons. ^3^
I don't celebrate it myself, but it seems quite a few people at pc do. =3
So, happy chinese newyear to everyone. =D

Usagii
February 8th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Mine's the monkey, heh.

What's a red packet?

Um, it`s like some asian tradition that is used in Chinese New Year and some weddings. They are little red envelopes and are said to give good luck & they include money inside. They are mainly given to unmarried people like children & teens, etc by married people.

I`m Year of the Dog. I celebrated Chinese New Year with my parents & siblings.

BeachBoy
February 8th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Oh gosh, what am I?
I think I am the goat?

Born in 1991...anyways a late great happy chinese new year! :D
Unfortunatly I didn't celebrate it. :\ Though I know some people that do. Again, Happy Chinese New Year! :)

Gerri Shin
February 8th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Apparently, according to Wiki, I'm in both the year and Lunar month of the Dragon. Careful or shall breathe Fire amongst you all, and you shall call me Drakorn! J/K

22sa
February 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Mine's the monkey, heh.

What's a red packet?
It's $2!

Gong xi fa cai!

:\

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 9th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Hah, caught by the filter (and I even know what you said there). D:

The year of the horse. I guess it sorta matches myself. D:

Wish
February 9th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Apparently, I was born in the year of the Dog or the Pig.

Sylphiel
February 9th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Apparently my year is that of the boar, or more specifically the water boar. Which just makes it humorous to me since my western zodiac is Pisces - the heck is it with me and the water signs?!

(Though going by month, I'm apparently a wood rabbit...that's irony of a different kind, though I don't feel like explaining it at the moment.)

Soul Eater
February 9th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I am proud to say that I was born in the year of the dragon. <3 Go me! ;D

Lo-chan
February 10th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Im the year of the monkey. I don't celebrate Chinese New Year, and I don't think I know anyone that does D:

diamondpearl876
February 10th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I'm the rooster. :P Go me.

Kyoko
February 10th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I'm the ram :D! Now I'm a huge furuba fan and thought it was awesome that I was the same as Hiro :x I think being a ram suits me very well actually n_n

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
February 10th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I'm a Horse. But the personality chart by each thing (on the chinese restaurant placemats) pins me as a dragon.

BakingBluePotatoe
February 11th, 2008, 03:02 AM
lotta ppl here are dogz O_O

I'm a dog as well. so is my dad. my grandma and brother are tigers, and my grandpa's a rat O_O

Me=Yin Wood-Fire Dog

Lumine
February 11th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I'm in the year of snake, I'm afraid of snakes apparently ._.

Himawarii
February 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Well,according to this one Chinese pamphlet I got at this Chinese resturaunt,I'm a dog :o