PDA

View Full Version : What made you join pokecommunity

Arrmegedden
February 9th, 2008, 06:46 PM
What made you join pokecommunity . i was looking for a guild to help me beat something in a different game. and for some reason i joined . what made you join?

Dr.Stiles
February 9th, 2008, 06:49 PM
well i googled how to catch uhh smoochum i think xD
and it lead me to a thread that Queen Boo started and i had gotten a wifi usb connector

Gerri Shin
February 9th, 2008, 06:58 PM
originally it was because I was very interested in hacking and Shiny Gold,but now I have many friends here :)

Midnight Beat
February 9th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I have to admit, I was one of those people that joined just to download Shiny Gold. I never had any intention of coming back once I got the game. But I needed help so I started poking around the hacking section. Then last August, I got bored and branched out.

Lil-Dill
February 9th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I was searching up Trainer Cards and it led here. I was such a newb back then I had a warning the first day I was here by signomi. But now its all cool. And PC has improved quite a bit here.

Avolition
February 9th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I'm not gonna lie. I joined here cause I got tempbanned from another forum I liked better sometimes, and needed a back-up. <_< Even though I'm on the forum's successor, I still come here, if a little less.

Cherrim
February 9th, 2008, 07:12 PM
This goes in OVP because it's more of a poll.

Came here the first time after finding it off Kwesi's site. I liked the Webbies section so I stuck around for the summer. Then I lost the forum URL or something and stopped coming back. A short time later, my friend Cas was telling me about how she had a fanclub on a forum. So I checked it out and it turned out to be PC. I wouldn't have known if it weren't for that lame slogan everyone whines about, and I wouldn't have signed up again if it weren't for it, either. XD; I've been here ever since and I'm SO glad I came. I would've missed out on so many friends had I not. :B

Rebellious Treecko
I'm pretty sure around 20-25% of newbies join just to download hacks...

I did lurk the forums a few times in the past, but I finally joined.
The truth is, I was tempbanned from SPPF for two weeks and I needed to find a better Pokemon forum to visit.

(I also came across this place a few time earlier while searching for Pokemon pictures, hacks, etc.)

Avey
Eh... I felt like it? I joined two or three forums that day, PMed a number of people on this forum to get to know them better, and decided to stay. How I found it? Google.

Sanctuary
February 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM
This was the first forum I joined. I didn't know ANYTHING about forums, I was only 11.. I never posted when I first joined. Umm, but after a while I figured out how to use forums and started posting here. My first forum and.. I joined for no apparent reason. Maybe 'cuz I was obsessed with Pokemon back then, I don't know, it was too long ago.

I joined.. because I wanted to join a Pokemon Community, basically.

Virtual Chatot
February 9th, 2008, 07:19 PM
It's a good atmosphere, and people aren't on here for the Misc. Topics like they are on Serebii

Saryka
February 9th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I joined for Shiny Gold, then left. Then I came back one day because Facebook lost it's fun and I was bored, and I ended up staying and making a lot of uber cool friends. ♥
I hang out in the Offtopic Discussion categories and the DCC, because the people there are so cool~

Super Smash Kid
February 9th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Well I joined here because my IP got banned from serebii. Then I went to psypokes and on the bottom it has a lot of websites that are linked to psypokes. So I had to find one fast because that is going to be my back up. So I joined the community because it's cool here.

+Sneasel™
February 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM
i was a lurker for about a year, then decided to join. I expected to be able to hack better, then leave, like any other n00b. But then i met friends here, and liked the place. So now i am a good hacker at a cool site!

Kyoko
February 9th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I joined because I wanted to read more fanfiction :> I had just joined SPPF not too long before I joined here and that was my first time seeing a forum and I liked it. So when I saw this place I decided to join. I didn't really know what to expect since I didn't like pokemon anymore XD But, I'm glad I did join, this place is awesome, as are the people <3

Ausaudriel
February 9th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I joined to ask about a ROM, I think. XD;

It was ages back, when I had other forums I was obsessed with at the time, so I wasn't active for a long time. D: PC's my main focus now though.

msdmario
February 9th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I joined for downloading hacks like most people have mentioned so far. That was only part of the reason. The main reason was for the Wireless Trade Section. I joined at the beginning of my summer vacation and I had a bunch of free time to complete my Pokedex so I registered here to trade Pokemon here with other people.

Idiot!
February 9th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I joined because I was looking for a lot of songs and stumbled into the music request in the TV section

Pikabloo
February 9th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I joined because someone from a different forum told me to. I was also interested in joining forums, so I basically joined every single one that people directed me to. I thought that PC was pretty interesting, so I stayed for a while, and then I left to be more active in a different forum. Of course, once that forum closed down, I decided to come back here...

Apathetic_Yen
February 9th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I came here for the manga scans. Then I discovered that a bunch of older people like me were still into pokemon so I stayed

Ivysaur
February 10th, 2008, 12:50 AM
I joined basically because zel was advertising this forum in the other one I joined to get Shiny Gold. And then I found one of my youtube friends here, and decided to keep wandering around here.

Kotowari
February 10th, 2008, 01:58 AM
It's funny that my reason has absolutely nothing to do with Pokemon. xD
I was searching for some beyblade reference pictures and I came across a nice one on Google. That one lead me to the Beyblade club. I decided to take a better look in the club to see if they were more pictures and I found some customised Beyblade sprites, but one had to join to see them. After a little hesitation (I was unexperienced with the internet communities back then...) So I did. And I'm glad I did join, 'cause it's still one of the best forums I joined.

Razer302
February 10th, 2008, 01:58 AM
The first forum I was on got shut down. So I googled Pokemon Forums and this was top of the list. I had a look around and decided to join. I don't stay because I have many friends. I don't talk to many people. I enjoy talking in the DCC and OVP but thats about it.

Wish
February 10th, 2008, 04:16 AM
I was stuck on Ruby. So I tried looking up "Ruby Cheats". It took me to a thread on this site. I wasn't interested at first, but links on google made me keep coming to this forum. I had to join. I left for about two years until I got bored over the summer and decided to become active again.

Lo-chan
February 10th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Because my girlfriend told me to xD That was my only reason ^^; I like this place a bit moer then SPPF.. ^^;

ClassicRockFan
February 10th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I heard about it somewhere and then joined because I wanted a Darkrai that someone had.

Twinx
February 10th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I remembered playing a gold hack when I was younger, so I googled : "pokemon hacks".
I think the first site I got was PC, so I checked it out.
Back then, I was noob, and I just wanted somethin' to play, I ignored all the hacks that had no betas (I don't do that anymore!) and then I found Shiny Gold.

To download SG, I hate to sign up so I did for that sole purpose, the only reason I came back for like a year was to get the latest beta :D

I slowly started checking out other hacks and moved out to the whole community :D
Come to think about it... I hardly visit the Hacks Showcase anymore XD

So ya I'm here today 'cos of SG :P

Sorano
February 10th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I was only 11-years-old when I first joined, and my main intention was to join just to annoy theEND. :x I searched through his favourites folder. I had liked Pokemon but I wasn't really that big of a fan when I joined, and I'm not a fan at all anymore. Anyway, I was a little n00by at first, but as time went on I get less and less n00by, and I am still here to this day. :'D

Sammi
February 10th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Long story short, a friend of mine showed it to me. I joined because there was a few places I wanted to post at and because it was a new forum to post at. I'd only been at SPPF before here, and I wanted another large forum experience.

The Fallen
February 10th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I was looking up info on FR/LG and PC had the best FR/LG section I had seen out of any other forum and I just kind of stuck around.

Ayano Katagiri
February 10th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I joined PC mainly because of the Fanclub section. That was the first bit of PC I saw because I was searching up Pokemon pictures at the time and Google lead me here.
This was the second forum I had ever joined at the time.

Jubilation
February 10th, 2008, 11:58 PM
I googled Pokemon forums lol XD

Lumine
February 11th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Was looking up forums to trade / battle and here I am.

flight
February 11th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Googling up the term "Pokemon Forum". It was back in 04 or so(I think), but I decided to join early/mid 05.

Eh, I can hardly remember anything. D:

But it's fascinating where google takes you, though.

BeachBoy
February 11th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Well I was making a IV guide and was looking for others, for good format and info that i had missed, after some google... I found PC! and it looked like a really nice community, and befor I was in two communties that I didnt like and felt left out in...

So I joined, and this is by far the best forum, i've ever been in :D

Tr@ce
February 11th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I'm pretty sure it was to download a ROM. Well, this IS the best resource.

Cassino
February 11th, 2008, 02:23 PM
A friend and member registered here under the name Hayate showed me the site, I think.
Back then, I joined anything and everything without much thought. xD

After a long and unannounced absence, I don't know why I came back late 2007.
... Or why I'm still here three months later, for that matter.

Hmm...

Azonic
February 11th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I got permabanned on Serebii, which I wanted to do :D

I needed a backup.

richboybert
February 11th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I guess I would have to say it was the rom hacks dude...they tempt a man lol

Gummy
February 11th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I actually heard of this website on a Megaman forum. Some guy was explaining how you could recolor the towns in Megaman Battle Network to look almost exactly like 3-D versions of Pokemon towns (these things looked better than the houses in D/P). To prove this he linked to a game on PC that used MMBN sprites to fit Pokemon. The game has long since died out but I fell in love with the fan fiction section and it is still where most of my posts lie (for now).

txteclipse
February 11th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I googled Pokemon forums lol XD

*nods sagely*

I needed a home for my fic, so I was in the market for sites XD

Dani_X
February 12th, 2008, 04:17 AM
MCAlexandre told me this was a good place;
In a pokemon forum that I were moderator, I was taken out of moderator and the shoutbox ended;
The trade section is a lot of fun.

=)

//_Blaze_//
February 12th, 2008, 04:31 AM
A looong time ago.
Found this place on Google,but cant remember well :/

Cloud_85
February 12th, 2008, 07:38 AM
SU is my friend. So I'm not a BIG FAN of pokemon, but I like to battle, and I see that the competitive level here is High so I joined....

Binary
February 12th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I just joined here because I googled hack, and this came up....
I was a noob at that time XD

~C3LEBI

The Real AAA
February 12th, 2008, 03:52 PM
haha I only join just to battle people on the WiFi section! cuz i had just gotten Pokemon Daimond n i searched pokemon forum n well it lead me 2 here!

Ársa
February 13th, 2008, 11:03 PM
I was looking for a place that didn't lag horribly like Serebii, so here is I. ;)

~T_S

~Swish~
February 14th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Well I had a go at playing Pokemon Gold just for the heck of it, and surprised myself when I really enjoyed it. I only went to play it to remind myself of my childhood, as Pokemon had been long forgotten before then. But I played Gold and got right back into the game so decided to just look around and find out about how much Pokemon had changed from the last time I'd been interested in it. I just happened to find PC through google, and signed up to PC thinking it would only be a temporary thing and I would forget about it, but I kept on coming back!

Hayate
February 14th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Well, I was a huge fan of the Pokémon Ranger manga back then, and since this forum had a topic dedicated to it I joined. However, I joined the Serebii forums some time later but didn't post there much since the community there wasn't always as nice at times. So, I eventually left the SPPF forums and decided to see if PC was a better place for me, and it was. People here are usually always friendly, the forums look really nice with all those themes, and I've met awesome people here. Even if I am inactive at times I keep returning to this place.

QueenZ
February 15th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Well i started to watch pokemons once again and it made me join this forum! :)

Aegis
February 15th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I'm pretty sure I joined just to have a place to read and post fanfiction. But after a while I just got bored with the fanfiction, but decided to stay here for the other places... :'D

Michii
February 16th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I got bored. I came here, started anew, left because of people pissing me off, and then came back because of my photoshop. Once again, I'm still bored.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
February 21st, 2008, 08:33 AM
What made me join was one day I was bored and looking for Pokemon websites to talk on and I found this one and I use it 3-6 times a month now

:t354:TG

Forever
February 21st, 2008, 11:02 PM
I wanted to get Pokémon jukebox or whatever so I created about three threads about it. XD It was that ending that used to be on the shows back in like Johto.

Tater Tot
February 22nd, 2008, 12:34 PM
I saw my brother posting in it and I wanted to join really bad, so he finally let me join. He regrets ever letting me join. XD
But I love PC, and I'll never quit.

♥~*Abby*~♥
February 22nd, 2008, 01:45 PM
The typical "I was bored... and got banned from another website" thing.

Red1530
February 22nd, 2008, 08:13 PM
i joined this site because I was interested in the hacks.

GKS
February 23rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
I joined to download hack tools, now i like Pokecommunity and come here often.

Arcanine
February 24th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I thought I'd wait and put this off until today.

5 years ago today I joined PC. So so long ago.
Truthfully, I joined because I had to. See, there was this one Community Site named The-APCC, and on there one of my friends and myself kind of spammed up the comments on news updates, what we did was just talk about random things. We went back and forth using the chat and the comments (mostly comments) until one day the owner of the site told us to stop. Said if we wanted to talk so much we should use PokeCommunity. So, I joined there, and I guess a few weeks later she did. So the talking we did went on, and then in time we did become part of the forum (I was Modded, then S-Modded, and later one she was Modded).
So in other words, the only reason why I joined was to talk to someone. The whole "I'd like to be Staff" came later.

Teddiursa™
February 26th, 2008, 11:00 AM
i write random things and this came up so i joined then my eyes went:

0_0

And i was like wow i was surprised nintendo dont ban this.

Andrea
February 26th, 2008, 10:02 PM
All the forums. So many things to read and talk about lol

popo123
February 26th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I joined for the hacking.

zel 2.0
February 29th, 2008, 06:26 AM
I already said it some time ago: I joined twice (well, the first one wasnt official, I was just checking stuff), for the first one I looked for Pokemon hacks, as I had my experience with Brown, and I was looking for more hacks. And in the second I was more interested in Gold Remakes, so, I remembered this place and since you had to be a member to download stuff and tools, I officially joined (and became one of the usual lurkers till I decide to start posting once I had my first questions about tools, and later posted my own hack). That's how my story goes.

Phanima
February 29th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I participated in my first RP, made my first RP, and am currently still RP-ing her on PC, so it's safe to say I joined for that reason. Also, I didn't know it at the time, but I've met some really cool people here, so if I knew about them being here before searching for a roleplaying site, they would've been my reason. /sweetness C<

Marx
March 1st, 2008, 10:11 AM
I joined because this forum isn't over-active. I hate it when there's something like SPP forums. There's a new person every single thread.

lonewolfx44
March 1st, 2008, 10:19 AM
Some jerks banned me from the IRC network because I was defending my sexuality while the Network ops kept wrongly assaulting me and accusing me of being homosexual. So I came here to complain, at first.

It wasn't so bad. If I didn't get banned, I wouldn't have found my Pair here :3

Superjub
March 1st, 2008, 12:59 PM
Well I joined because one time I was looking on youtube because I was bored and came across a fun pokemon hack. I was confused and wondered how the person did it and learned about "pokemon hacks." i decided to research on them as I had always wanted to change games, until i found shiny gold in beta 3 or 4. I read nearly all the posts and looked at all the screen-shots and said to myself "I wish i could play it." So for the next couple of days i visited it every day until i thought to myself "I am going to try to play it." i got the emulators and a firered rom and tried to download it but it said ACCESS DENIED. i decided I was only going to make an account for Shiny Gold and today i am hacking myself and visited nearly everyones hack thread. And I am honoured to be here :)

What a long post

mitzoken
March 1st, 2008, 02:12 PM
I joined to download hack tools, now i like Pokecommunity and come here often.

That's my exact story, just googled "ROM Hacking tools" oneday.

Tater Tot
March 1st, 2008, 03:23 PM
I just started here, and did everything like a noob. Of course I still act like a noob! XD

Arrmegedden
March 1st, 2008, 08:57 PM
wow so many people join for hacks.

Astinus
March 1st, 2008, 09:47 PM
Back in 2006, my parents decided to buy me a laptop with wireless Internet for school. Free to head to whatever sites I wanted to, I decided to join up with some crazy thing on Serebii called a "forum". I had no idea what I was doing. That was in February.

In May, I decided that I really enjoyed posting on forums. I had met some new friends from the Green Lag, and wanted to join other forums to meet even more new people. So I headed to Google and typed in "Pokemon forums". PC popped up, and I signed up without even looking around to see if there was anything interesting.

I was a newbie back then. I'm pretty sure that I annoyed some people even. And yeah, there were times when I had decided to leave, but I kept coming back. It's some sort of addiction. Now look at me!

PC is my Internet home, I guess I could say. Though I'm on other forums, PC is the only one that I really stay active on. It's so much fun and the topics are interesting.

And LOL I R on staff!!11

Fluorii
March 3rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
Because this place has great, literate/advanced role playing. That's what's always attracted me to this place, even when I wasn't here. I still have a couple of role playing friends here from way back.

Sheena--Fujibayashi
March 13th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I originally joined back in December 2004. I remember there was a moderator that went by the username Tendo and he posted this thread on Trainer Card stuff. I basically got linked from another forum to PokeCommunity so I joined in 2004, but it`s been so long that basically I forgot my login account, so I had to create a new one. So yeah, basically I just joined due to my curiousity.

Kairu
March 13th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I just got heavily into Pokemon again and I was bored so I decided to join up.

Amplified Ampharos
March 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Well one day I searched DNA Digivolving and it came up to this then later I decided to join.I have 2 friends

Luck
March 16th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I came here to download pokemon shinygold but when i checked the whole site, it was more than just a place to hack, it was a place to tell your opinions and gain new frineds.
I come here almost every day now.

I came here to download pokemon shinygold but when i checked the whole site, it was more than just a place to hack, it was a place to tell your opinions and gain new frineds.
I come here almost every day now.

TeirusuFX
March 16th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I joined here because so many people I know joined here...so here I am

♪Felix the Cat♪

yellowparrot
March 22nd, 2008, 04:08 PM
I joined just to join a Pokemon fanclub, but I do other stuff on here too.

Marksman
March 22nd, 2008, 04:27 PM
I was looking for Pictures of my Favourite Pokémon (Chikorita) when I saw 'Chikorita Lover' On the link here. Intrigued, I followed it and it led me here, a Place to relax, Pokémon style. 'Wow' I thought, 'The luck of the draw!'.
And that's what made me join.

JX Valentine
March 22nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
Yay! Story time!

Way back in 2004 (wow, that feels old to say), a member by the name of HKim decided to hold a roleplaying olympics sort of deal across a bunch of boards, and one of the places he selected was a board I modded at the time (Pokemon Fan Universe). My fellow members thought it'd be cool to jump in on, so I was elected to be a judge and representative while a bunch of other people formed a team. It was decided that the actual event would take place on PC, so everyone was required to register in order to participate.

The event didn't even last past a couple of rounds, but it didn't matter. I still decided to stay (despite frequent hiatuses), mostly because of the developed fanfiction forums (well, compared to other places I've been).

She-Elf
March 22nd, 2008, 05:42 PM
My boyfriend o_O Haha. I'm so happy he told me about the PC n_n

Barker
March 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
I joined for the hacking section mostly, though in the year or so I've been here, I've spread out to the other various forums.

Jap
July 11th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Zel's fantastic creation - Shiny Gold.

Signomi
July 11th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Jap, we have a rule here that heavily discourages revival of threads that are over 30 days old. Please do not post in threads that were not active within the span of a month, let alone hidden in archives.

~Closed