PDA

View Full Version : Are You Closer To Your Mother Or Father?

Twinx
February 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I'm not asking who you care about more, just who do you feel you can open up to...

mystletainn
February 10th, 2008, 11:16 PM
It's always been my Mother. But my Father and I are getting closer. But I still can't tell him everything. There's almost nothing I can't tell my Mother.

Jubilation
February 10th, 2008, 11:17 PM
It sounds weird, but I get along with neither, it seems mean but I just don't get along with them

Gunn
February 11th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I voted neither. As in, I cannot open towards neither of them easily. I have someone else for that.

Pikabloo
February 11th, 2008, 12:55 AM
I am closer to my mother, by just a tiny bit. I can open up to either of my parents, but I just usually talk to my mother, since she's usually the one who's at home.

Razer302
February 11th, 2008, 01:26 AM
I am closer to my mother. I hate my dad and as of yesterday have moved in with my mum permanantly. He was never nicer to me. When I was at his house I just spend my time in my room.

Sanctuary
February 11th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Umm, both. I can't really lean towards one I can open myself up to. I don't really tell my dad anything about my personal life, but I can talk happily with my dad about other subjects.
But being a female, I guess you usually open yourself up to your mum, and the males open up towards their father. Although that's not all entirely true.

edit// I voted on neither by accident. >:

Tetsu
February 11th, 2008, 01:58 AM
I feel a connection with both of them, but it wasn't always that way. When I was a teenager, I hated all but a few people, and was very secretive.

Idiot!
February 11th, 2008, 02:27 AM
I am closer to my dad, but I can't tell him everything.

Eon-Rider
February 11th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Since my dad is only home for the whole day on Sundays and for the other days I only see him 20 minutes max, I'd have to say my mummy.

Lady Nicole
February 11th, 2008, 03:24 AM
I'm definitely closer to my mum.

EDIT: Funny how no-one has yet voted for father XD

helix
February 11th, 2008, 04:23 AM
My mother is less old-fashioned and more open to new concepts, and I feel I can simply get along with her a lot better on some subjects, though she is more sensitive on some topics. My father and I can get along, but we just don't feel any real connection- or at least I don't.

Lo-chan
February 11th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Neither. My mom is never here and I don't like my step dad at all. My real dad I don't talk to all that much. I dunno why, Im just not close to them at all ._.

Lumine
February 11th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Well I'm closer to my mum, my dad goes away a lot.

Ivysaur
February 11th, 2008, 07:15 AM
My mother, because it's the one I live with. My father lives far away from my city and I only see him in holidays or in special events.

Binary
February 11th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Umm...
Im closer to my mom, probably cos dad is so mean aaarghh lol!~

~C3LEBI

Himawarii
February 11th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Hmm,it used to be neither,but I uess I'm beginning to get along better with both..so both. :]

flight
February 11th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I suppose it's with both. But me and my mother have been having a lot of arguments as of late, but she seems to have a strange change of mood or personality every now and then. Eh I dunno.

But I'd say both. I hardly have any arguments with my father, so it's a bit leaning closer to him.

Gerri Shin
February 11th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I'd have to go with Both,although its very limited what I open up to them about. I can actually open up to my older brothers alot more than my parents.

Karonte
February 11th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I get along more with Mama then papa

Sorano
February 11th, 2008, 09:37 AM
It's rare that I ever talk to my parents about anything personal, but I've always been a little bit closer with my Dad. I guess because he's just.. not as strict and short-tempered as my Mom is. o_o We have similar personalities (in some ways. x__x;) so I guess that helps us get along better.

Like I said, I don't tak to my parents about my problems. It really depends on what the problem is, though. There are certain things I can talk about with my Mom and certain things I can talk about with my Dad.

BeachBoy
February 11th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'm a mommas boy xD

My dad divorced my mom at my age of 8, and I disliked how he treated my mother those days..
I still speak to him, and talk to him, as he really is a nice guy, but im a whole lot closer to my mom, who I live with...

Dani_X
February 11th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Neither..
My dad is away a lot because ha has a long work, and my mom.. Don't know what to say.. I am not going to a school trip 'cause she thinks that the 16$ (€ as i live in Portugal) are for drugs/beers. I am only 12. >.<

ktn
February 11th, 2008, 01:13 PM
i am always closer to my mother because she carried me for 9months in her belly

Kyoko
February 11th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I'm very close with both my parents and there are certain things that I can talk to either one of them. I guess I've always been more of a Daddy's girl though, I tend to get along with him better. We rarely have fights, though when we do they're not fun, and as for my mom, we bicker quite a bit but it's not too bad.

So yeah, I'm close to both but I'm more close to my Dad.

Tr@ce
February 11th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I'm more close to my mom. She's always been more open, more caring, more forgiving, and just more than my dad's ever been.

Saryka
February 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM
My mother, I can tell her anything and she's not judgmental. I'm not saying my father is, but I feel more comfortable saying things to my mom.

Virtual Chatot
February 11th, 2008, 02:09 PM
My parents divorced when I was only 4 years old, and I live with my Mom.

So naturally, I'm closer to my Mother

Cassino
February 11th, 2008, 02:13 PM
For wise counsel, I seek not my father or mother, but my mother's father.

Gummy
February 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I'm closer to my dad simply because we're both guys and he understands things better.

Azonic
February 11th, 2008, 02:24 PM
My dad sucks. Sometimes I can't believe I'm related to him.

Meh, they're so different from me :x

Morkula
February 11th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I'm closer to my mom. My dad and I just don't get along very well - we're both stubborn and we argue quite a bit. Plus he's really short-tempered and tends to start yelling about every little thing, so...yeah. :x

Soul Eater
February 11th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I'm not a Daddy's girl for nothing. :D

I'm really close to my dad. He's alot calmer than my mom and he spoils me too. I get away with alot when he's around. Me and my mom tend to argue off and on. D:

txteclipse
February 11th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Both. They usually both will help me if I'm having trouble, and they smile and nod if I'm talking about something they don't understand. I can talk to either of them, although there are of course some things I talk to one about that I wouldn't tell the other.

usami
February 11th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I'm more close to my mom, no particular reason, I just.. am. I just feel so indifferent around my father.

Cloud_85
February 11th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Dad, I guess he only can talk to me as a Man and a Friend so I can Trust in him. I don't have a Bad relation with my mom anyways

Midnight Beat
February 11th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I like to think I'm just as close with both of my parents. My mom and I never argue, but my dad and I have very, very, similar personalities, so we tend to disagree quite often. But it rarely gets serious, so yeah, I'm indifferent.

Sammi
February 12th, 2008, 12:14 AM
My mom. She's not so strict and we're quite similar. My stepdad's cool and all, but if I had to choose between the two to talk something over with, I'd probably choose my mom. That might explain why I never speak to my stepdad over the phone... or maybe he just hates the phone as much as I do. XD

Samurai X
February 12th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I am definitely closer to my mom. My dad is really cool to talk with about most things but if I have to talk about something personal, which I never do, I would tell my mom about it. If it's about normal conversation then both but since it's about personal things then my mom it is.

Warheart
February 12th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I'm not really so close to..either of them ._.

If I have a problem with something, and need to talk it over with someone, it's rare that I'll bring it up with my parents for support; usually I'll turn to a friend for advice first. If I really had to chose, however, i would probably say I'm a bit closer to my mother.

♥~*Abby*~♥
February 12th, 2008, 02:12 PM
My father. Our personalities are similar, so we rarely get into fights.

Kaiora
February 12th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I'm defiantly closer to my mom. I just can talk to her a lot easier.

My father and I never talk to each other. We have a bad relationship and just leave each other alone most of the time. If we do end up talking we just get all mad and start to yell at one another...

I'm closer to my mom. xD

Sokai
February 12th, 2008, 02:46 PM
My mom.

I used to be a toal and complete daddy's girl. I'd bawl whenever he wasn't around, and if I got hurt, I'd start crying for my daddy even if it was my mom who was there.

But he's... changed, now. He'll goof off and make immature jokes like he used to, but not that often. Now, he's usually really grouchy and always nagging at me and barging into my room on weekend mornings to vacuum. :/ He did something that I don't think I could ever forgive him for, but I still love him.

I'm just a lot closer to my mom, now.

Michii
February 16th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Seeing as my father is a (I JUST REMOVED THIS BECAUSE I CAN), I'd say my mom =]

Sheena--Fujibayashi
February 17th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Well, I`m closer to both of them. I personally can`t choose between the two.

Aizuke
February 17th, 2008, 03:09 AM
I say.. Both.

Except I tend to argue with my dad over silly things, but he forgets 'cause he's old and all.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
February 21st, 2008, 08:35 AM
I'm closer to neither of them, I just can't stand my parents especially my father

:t354:TG

diamondpearl876
February 21st, 2008, 07:52 PM
Hrm. If anything, I'd vote neither.

I don't really talk to my dad about anything, which is odd since he's really, REALLY nice at times like that and it would seem really easy to talk to him. But, it's still not. I don't know why. It's rare to find me opening up to my step-mom, too.

Forever
February 21st, 2008, 10:43 PM
Neither... since I don't talk to them at all.

BakingBluePotatoe
February 22nd, 2008, 06:31 AM
my dad, but being a teenage girl... yeah, I don't tell him EVERYTHING

my mom is a nut so... yeah. I don't trust her >.>

Sweet Smoochum
February 22nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
My mom obviously. She's like my best friend and she's very honest with me. (She doesn't try to look young and she doesn't act immature; She does look very young for a 43 year old.)

As for my dad, he died nearly 18 years ago. I have never hugged or kissed my dad. :'(

Apotheosis
February 22nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
Over the years (about 18 of 'em now) I've been so straightforward and honest with my mum, so now when I tell her I've never ever gotten drunk or smoked in any of all the nights I've been out, she believe she believes me. ^^

Sea_Guardian
February 23rd, 2008, 05:56 AM
I'm much closer to my mom since my dad is working on another country.

Thunder Beam
February 28th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Since my dad passed away 13 years ago (this March 10), I really closed to my mother.

Snivi
February 28th, 2008, 11:11 PM
~I am closer to my Dad. He loves me and respects me without trying to tell me how to live my life. He also raised me & my sisters by himself!
~My mother is selfish and left when I was 11. She has the nerve to constantly tell me how to live my life & raise my son.

Da Man
February 29th, 2008, 04:33 AM
No one. My mom has been dead since last September (curse you cancer!!!) and my dad is at work 5 days a week :'(.

Phanima
February 29th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Neither. I live with my mum but we practically hate each other. Dad left few years ago so I don't interact with him unless it's over the phone.

Although I'm not really sad, I'm just looking forward to moving out and living on my own. C:

Marx
March 1st, 2008, 12:31 PM
I'm closer to pops. We're both pretty pranksterish and immature. XD