• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Shivering Silver!

What do you think of this hack?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Pokemon Shivering Silver!

Introduction:
Well I kinda got bored of playing hacks so I decided to make this. I want this to feel unique from gsc re-makes, not better but different.
I would like to finish this hack and Hoenn Mysteries isn't going to stop me making this hack.Shall we get onto everything else.

Story:
Well this is a gsc re-make kind of so you know that story
but can you take twists as you find yourself brainwashed and can't find your way.
This is a game for experts!

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Features!
Spoiler:

News Center:
Keep them :\ eyes peeled?...

12th Feb:The thread is released.

7th June: Pre-Beta released.

Help Center:
Links to walkthroughs and videos will be here!
As I am making a SG walkthrough, I will make one which includes both of these.

Download Center:
Yay! Goodies!

Ohh! They're closed...

But it's opening on 7th June until 14th June!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I wouldn't change the maps around to much, or else it will be a new region with old names

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2008
cool. i havn't seen many good pokemon silver hacks but this ones comin along nicely

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
I'd suggest you try and make something a little more different.
New Bark Town? It looks too different from that point of view.
There are about 200 GSC remakes already... another one isn't necesary, and about 190 of those 200 use the same overworld sprites -_-'
I'd suggest not rushing things, and plan something more original... It's basically the same as other hacks, reviving Johto with a twist.
Virtual Chatot is right too, if you change the maps too much it'll just be completely different maps with old names... Unless you'd want to use the Johto region and make cities totally different, and events..
But in my opinion, think about something more out of the box.
There are thousands of ideas you can make up for a hack, and you can still use that "Shivering Silver" name

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Is this going to be a G/S/C remake with a twist?

Oh yeah... many twists...

I have already planned the strength story in olivine...
WOW!
This game caught my eye.
It looks pretty good.
If you need any help PM, i'd be glad to help with this hack.
Best of Luck.​

I need a scripter as teh blaziken is a minor scripter.

I'd suggest you try and make something a little more different.
New Bark Town? It looks too different from that point of view.
There are about 200 GSC remakes already... another one isn't necesary, and about 190 of those 200 use the same overworld sprites -_-'
I'd suggest not rushing things, and plan something more original... It's basically the same as other hacks, reviving Johto with a twist.
Virtual Chatot is right too, if you change the maps too much it'll just be completely different maps with old names... Unless you'd want to use the Johto region and make cities totally different, and events..
But in my opinion, think about something more out of the box.
There are thousands of ideas you can make up for a hack, and you can still use that "Shivering Silver" name

Events are gonna be re-built...This is original!I have some emerald characters including w & s!

and all zel did was re colour the frlgr boy overworld .

Spoiler:

I'm up to cherrygrove, it was a real hassle.

edit:thanks for taking notice of my hack...

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I expect good things to come from this game.
But are you going to change the maps a little?

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
Aww,Silver is a Black Belt
One of my favorite characters...
well good luck

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
this looks good.....but you'll never manage to compete with zel's pokemon shiny gold. it's just too damn good. also, advoid going down the path a lot of people are putting in thier hacks these days- d/p pokemon. we don't need them. their usually editied missingnos and they just mess up the game. keep trying though, you never know.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
this looks good.....but you'll never manage to compete with zel's pokemon shiny gold. it's just too damn good. also, advoid going down the path a lot of people are putting in thier hacks these days- d/p pokemon. we don't need them. their usually editied missingnos and they just mess up the game. keep trying though, you never know.

Frick, what is against you and D/P Pokemon?

--------------
Any new updates?

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years

I'm not competing with SG. I'm doing this my own way with most things either replaced or upgraded. SG is a firm Gold Re-Make, while this is an original Silver Semi-Re-make.I do this my own way.

Frick, what is against you and D/P Pokemon?

--------------
Any new updates?

I'll finish route 30 later.

Oh and I might take a break when I post my pre-beta.

Oh and shall I try and put a thread up in the hack zone heatren and wolverfrog?

Last edited:

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
You'll need one more screenshot to qualify

And I've got it!

The screenshot that should move this to the hack showcase:

Here it is!

route30xx0.png

If you are wondering, I put signposts as person events so they won't be on the maps.

Sorry, I deleted the one not here to put the new one up.

Last edited:

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2017
And I've got it!

The screenshot that should move this to the hack showcase:

Here it is!

route30xx0.png

If you are wondering, I put signposts as person events so they won't be on the maps.
Screenshots have to be from an emulator, not A-Map. You have to prove you've got these areas scripted and playable, not just mapped.

Back