PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Red Waters

Vee217
February 13th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Pokemon Red Waters

Background:

Team Aqua, Magma and Rocket leaders all met together sometime in 2007 and realized they had a common goal in capturing the worlds most powerful pokemon and if they were not catchable then the pokemon would be killed.

The 3 teams (Team AM-Rocket) made a strong attempt to catch mew. Recently Mew had an offspring classified in the pokedex as Numew. While it was said to not have any special powers, it was still a weakness to attracting mew so they managed to steal Numew and set it in a trap over the ocean. Hearing Numews cry, Mew comes to its childs aid only to have various pokemon attack it and various types of pokeballs thrown at it. Once mew powered through it all Team AM-Rocket open fired on the pokemon, with well over a hundred men and women with guns shooting at the legendary pokemon. Watching its parent slowly be shot to its death, Numew broke free of the trap in a rage and took out most of the teams gunmen before disappearing into the depths of space. Mews bloody corpse fell into the ocean littering it with the remains of the legendary pokemon. Shortly after the ocean became stained red and one by one every body of water in the world became red.

Story:

Several years later the hero is in his house in the region of Zen. Pokemon are rare in Zen but when one shows up its a big deal. Zen is the last place in the world where the water turned red. The hero's father runs a boating pier in Zen and is loosing money each day the water stays red. One day while the hero was out on the water testing one of the boats engines, he/she heard sounds of gunshots and the faint scream of a pokemon in distress. In fear he drove the boat to the pier and refused to go back into the water. The hero realized that there was some strange connection between him/her and the tragic occurrence of mew, so he sets out on a journey to solve the problem at hand. The hero travels to the Kanto region to seek out Professor Oak, the worlds most famous pokemon professor. Professor Oak however is not at his lab but rather at the site of Mews murder investigating. Our hero wakes up in his hotel room after the long flight from Zen, and figured he has time before Oak comes back so he goes to buy some supplies but is stopped by one of Oaks assistants. He tells the hero that Oak is back and needs to see him/her right away for it is an extremely urgent matter.

Other Stuff:

New Pokemon (hopefully)
Introducing Mews offspring "Numew"
New Region of Zen
Something different than the same old story of a person wanting to be the best.

Feedback is appreciated and if anybody would like to help, PM me, and that is appreciated also!

mistersmeargle
February 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I think Numew is a bit...bad really. I don't have anything against Fakemon but I really don't like making legendary evolution lines. If you really must involve an offspring of Mew, why not just make it another Mew?

Vee217
February 13th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Numew isnt an evolution, its an actual offspring of mew just, sort of how mew and mewtwo are not in the same evolution line, its a whole new pokemon, it just came from mew

Virtual Chatot
February 13th, 2008, 10:03 AM
It makes more sense if you just had a Baby Mew -.-

Vee217
February 13th, 2008, 10:05 AM
if mew is uncatchable why would another mew be catchable?

Isom
February 13th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Okay as the others are saying maybe just make a baby Mew, then again do what "YOU" want it is yours. Also I really like the background it's just so interesting. I really didn't understand the story line all that much, but all in all it seems like it would be a pretty good game to play. Also I really like the new region name for some odd reason.

Vee217
February 13th, 2008, 10:27 AM
thanks i appreciate the good feedback, with the whole Numew thing, I just want it to make sense and if mew cant be caught it cant be one mew luring another mew into the trap, any ideas?

thethethethe
February 13th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I've been reading through these hacks in the scrapbox lately, and I actually think this is one of the beyyrt ideas here. Not naming anyone, but some of the ideas here, I think are terrible, but this one sounds interesting, and something different. The Pokemon Numew, doesn't sound like a bad idea either, actually I kind of like it.
Keep in mind that it is your hack, and you make the final decisions on things.
Good Luck on this.

Vee217
February 13th, 2008, 12:13 PM
thanks thethethethe ... i kinda figured pokemon needed something new, its always somebody trying to be the best and theres never any plot or anything ... thanks for the kind words tho

PlasticPokeball
February 13th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah, you shouldn't make another Mew as an offspring. Kind of pointless..

But in my opinion, Numew could have a better name? I don't know, what I love about certain Pokemon is that their names derive from somewhere relative, like Blastoise, half-tortoise, half-cannon thing. I plan on doing that with some Fakemon ideas of my own, so..yeah. Please consider it?

But nice graphic introduction, sounds like a great storyline and a good hack. As for suggestions, I kind of have none as of now..Keep working on it.

Vee217
February 13th, 2008, 01:29 PM
thanks plastic and i agree with you about the name, Numew is just a filler until i can come up with something really good lol numew = new-mew =P

thanks for the feedback

mistersmeargle
February 13th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I once had a Mew pre-evo in my youth, it was called Mewby (MEW+baBY). But that was years ago, I had complete disregard for the rules of Pokémon, like four in an evo line is not allowed and legendary Pokémon can not reproduce themselves. I even had an evo of Mew called Mewjesty (MEW+MaJESTY) that was like the queen of all Pokémon.

Vee217
February 13th, 2008, 03:32 PM
i appreciate everones feedback, keep it comin guys =)

Yoshimi
February 13th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Well the story is pretty violent for a pokemon game but i like the story...
Stop flaming him about the numew thing.
Its like manaphy and phione right VitoDaGuido?

Flashpoint
February 13th, 2008, 10:04 PM
This is a good story
Tell me in what you need help in
Good luck

Off: Do pokemon really bleed,I mean there always getting slashed and pin missiled by other pokemon

destinedjagold
February 13th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I honestly think that the story is really nice!
It's very nice, indeed... However... Mew's story is kinda sad, but it's original! :D

I'll be expecting a lot from this then!
Best of luck! ;)

Vee217
February 13th, 2008, 10:29 PM
thanks for all the kind words guys, i must say this thread is getting alot more feedback than i thought. any and all help is welcome, i cant pull this one off alone, keep the kind words coming =)

Night_Blue
February 14th, 2008, 12:52 AM
So how many people are helpin you now
I know your jolteon1 is

Vee217
February 14th, 2008, 07:08 AM
i got back to you in a PM night blue ... im glad everybody likes the idea in this story, i started the mapping and the text editing and i put in new starters (scyther, lapras, and magmar) but they are just temporary seeing as i have a whole other idea for the started that you recieve that night blue is going to help me out with

Blues003
February 14th, 2008, 07:42 AM
What about putting Mewtwo into the story as well. Something like him being either the guy behind all Team Aqua and Team Magma (and therefore want to see Mew's death, while just using Team Aqua and Magma as a tool to get to his objective), or maybe as a co-hero, in which he helps you to unfold the mistery of his clone.

4fetter0_0
February 14th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Will mew still be catchable in the game

Vee217
February 14th, 2008, 04:08 PM
chances are that mew wont be catchable on a count of him not being alive =P

Update: When going to speak to Professor Oak, he tells you that he had just come back from the site of Mews murder and that there was a strange un-identifiable dog pokemon with a name tag. He proceeds to tell the hero that on the nametag was your name, and that this mysterious dog pokemon plays a role in the relationship between mews death and the hero. This pokemon is your started pokemon.

I really dont know what it is going to look like yet or what its name/type will be but it will b a surprisingly interesting link between the murder and the hero

destinedjagold
February 14th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I think the absence of Mew, you're gonna replace it for Numew.., correct? :)

and wow, nice story. I wish ya luck. ;)

Vee217
February 15th, 2008, 09:55 AM
not exactly .... see as the game further develops ...

pallet town is complete and so is route one, the only thing left that needs to be taken care of is the giving out of the starters ... ive also started mapping viridian city.

as for the dog pokemon im thinking of making it water or ice ... possibly psychic ... any thoughts?

Night_Blue
February 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Are you hackin Ruby or Firered
If youre hacking ruby,maybe thats why the scripts didn't work

LynnCreed
February 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I have one problem with this: You say that the whole point of using Numew as bait is so they can catch Mew, yes? Why would they kill it then?

Vee217
February 20th, 2008, 06:11 PM
if u read the whole thing the point of the evil team is to catch the worlds most powerful pokemon, and if they cant they kill them. they have the sort of motto that if they cant have the worlds most powerful pokemon then they will cease to exist, nobody can have them

LynnCreed
February 20th, 2008, 06:13 PM
You're right; just seemed like they were a little gun-crazy from the get-go is all. *shrugs*

Vee217
February 20th, 2008, 06:42 PM
no problem at all my man, nice to see my hack back on the front page though, heres an update i finally came up with the dog pokemon and i am trying to get the waters in the game red but the way it looks in AM and in the game itself is 2 diff things so im workin on that. more feedback and ideas are welcome

mistersmeargle
February 22nd, 2008, 04:21 PM
if mew is uncatchable why would another mew be catchable?

Strangely enough, didn't see this post earlier, however. For similar reasons to the capture of Silver in the Pokémon anime, a baby Pokémon, legendary or not, is highly dependent on its parent. Just saying.

Yoshimi
February 22nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
Isn't that larvitar or something?
How's it going Vitodaguido?
Any more maps or plot done yet?

Vee217
February 23rd, 2008, 10:36 AM
actually yeah i was coming on to add an update lol well were having some toruble turning the water red which is a small detail but the whole reason for the games existance, and we are also working out the bugs in the script for the dog pokemon. I decided against a new unknown dog pokemon seeing as I came up with something better. I instead created a blue growlithe that looks a tad different than the regular growlithe and it will have ice and water type moves as well as psychic moves. No word yet on whether it will evolve or not but that will be the second starter. The first starter is chosen as the game make u choose when you meet with professor oak. after battling the rival you get stopped by oaks aid and he gives you the pokemon (the script were having trouble with =/) i also mapped pallett town all of route one and basically remapped viridian city, the story here is that bulbasaur was once said to be catchable in viridian forest one and when team AM-Rocket went to try to get one they lit the all of the forest on fire in an attempt to lure the bulbasaur out of hiding. they fleed from the spot and the place stayed burned down ... theres something bout that growlithe tho ...

Megiddo-san
February 23rd, 2008, 10:44 AM
I know how to make the water red.

Teddiursa™
February 23rd, 2008, 10:48 AM
Hey i dont Remember Pokemon having *Gun Shots* & *Killing* Why are you so Violant?

Anyways im not playing this so dont PM me or say anything.

Vee217
February 23rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
well it is what it is, pokemon isnt just for 10 year olds =P ... any way megiddo can you PM me and tell me how to do this because ive tried in advancemap and the furthst i got wat making the water red in AM but it turned green in the actual gameplay

Jack of Bl♠des
February 23rd, 2008, 12:20 PM
Hey i dont Remember Pokemon having *Gun Shots* & *Killing* Why are you so Violant?

Anyways im not playing this so dont PM me or say anything.

Actually, in one episode of the Anime, Ash was held at gunpoint with a shotgun to his forehead.

Anyway, I like the concept of your story (darker stories are never a bad thing), and am interested in seeing it reach completion, though I'm not feeling the name Numew. Just seems a little tacked on to me, but keep it if you want. Also, you'll need to do some palette editing to make ocean water red, though it still will provide a challenge (unless you want every body of water to be red, even ponds). Good luck.

RedYoshi
February 23rd, 2008, 12:56 PM
What an interesting idea, quite original with the gun shots and blood.

So will you be able to receive badges or will they have not be in the hack?

mistersmeargle
February 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
Actually, in one episode of the Anime, Ash was held at gunpoint with a shotgun to his forehead.

Anyway, I like the concept of your story (darker stories are never a bad thing), and am interested in seeing it reach completion, though I'm not feeling the name Numew. Just seems a little tacked on to me, but keep it if you want. Also, you'll need to do some palette editing to make ocean water red, though it still will provide a challenge (unless you want every body of water to be red, even ponds). Good luck.

Yeah he does, when Mew's body fell to the ocean, the entire world's water turned red.

Vee217
February 23rd, 2008, 11:00 PM
i actually came up with something cool for the badges ... since the badges are never shown except when you click into trainer, the badges (in comparrison to real life) would be the size of a persons thumbnail and would go onto the heroes growlithes collar ... once all 8 badges are aquired thats how the growlithe knows you're ready to face the leader of AM-Rocket and uses its legendary incluence to guide you in the right path form there ... its an idea in progress but thats the best idea ive come up with

mistersmeargle
February 23rd, 2008, 11:35 PM
Here's a banner, seeing as you're in need of one:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3397/pokemonredwaterstb7.png (http://pkmncommunity.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=126616)
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3397/pokemonredwaterstb7.png (http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126616)

Vee217
February 24th, 2008, 08:43 AM
dude that banner is sick i love it, first time ive ever seen something like that for one of my hacks =P ... very soon ill have some screens up and id say before the month is up ill move this thread over to the hacks showcase

destinedjagold
February 24th, 2008, 11:30 PM
new updates? :D
I'm really looking forward that this will be a great one and will be accepted in the hack showcase thread. :)

Hokshu
February 24th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Nice. It's bloody and violent. A good way to make certain people who don't like Pokemon because it's "kiddie" play Pokemon. I wish you the best of luck and demand that you work until your hands begin to bleed to show the dedication and exactness of Red Waters. :P

Seeing as how the ocean is drenched in Mew's blood, does this also mean that it will rain blood too? What with the whole rain cycle logic and all...or maybe that would be too bloody? Ha! Just pretend I didn't say that. :D

Vee217
February 25th, 2008, 08:05 AM
honestly i was stuck on on the red rain also but i figured that the rain was going to be red then so would the clouds when u see them in the reflection of the water and so i think im going to keep it the regular color, it will just blend in with the red when it hits the water, also if it was red it should stain the ground red and i believe that is somewhat imposible =P, but yeah new update very soon im waiting on night blue to help me with the give pokemon script and and im trying to come up with a good idea for the look of viridian forest, once those two things are done ill put up some screenshots and then move it on over to the hacks showcase ... also mistersmeargle made a banner for the game if youd like to add it PM me or him and well give you the code or just look up a few posts, and finally anybody that would like to be a part of this great hack your help is more then welcome PM me and well talk .... thanks for the support

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME UPLOAD A POKEMON INTO THE GAME IT ISNT WORKING RIGHT FOR ME =/

Night_Blue
February 26th, 2008, 09:37 PM
honestly i was stuck on on the red rain also but i figured that the rain was going to be red then so would the clouds when u see them in the reflection of the water and so i think im going to keep it the regular color, it will just blend in with the red when it hits the water, also if it was red it should stain the ground red and i believe that is somewhat imposible =P, but yeah new update very soon im waiting on night blue to help me with the give pokemon script and and im trying to come up with a good idea for the look of viridian forest, once those two things are done ill put up some screenshots and then move it on over to the hacks showcase ... also mistersmeargle made a banner for the game if youd like to add it PM me or him and well give you the code or just look up a few posts, and finally anybody that would like to be a part of this great hack your help is more then welcome PM me and well talk .... thanks for the support

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME UPLOAD A POKEMON INTO THE GAME IT ISNT WORKING RIGHT FOR ME =/

You mean put it into the game
PM me,I'll tell you

So hows the hack going

Vee217
February 26th, 2008, 10:25 PM
u kno wat considering what happened the hack is right back on schedule i doubled my time and fixed everything that needed to be fixed and im all set to move on now, once i add the growlithe i can add the script to the game ... by any chance, does anybody know if its possible to make a pokemon follow the hero around?

mistersmeargle
February 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM
It's not. No. Unless you put a script on every walkable tile in the game >->;

Vee217
February 27th, 2008, 09:22 AM
alright thanks smeargle ... night blue and i are working on inserting the new growlithe and im mapping out viridian cave ... good stuff an deff some screens soon

Night_Blue
March 2nd, 2008, 08:06 PM
Is everything OK?
Did you put the pokemon into the game yet?

Vee217
March 2nd, 2008, 11:32 PM
yeah ive been away on a small vacation for the weekend. i am going to put the script in tomorrow after school and see how it works and then take it step by step from there, came up with a good idea while on vacation though im sure you guys will love it once you come across it in the game

Night_Blue
March 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
So did script work?
Or haven't tested it yet

Yoshimi
March 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Why did my post get deleted
Oh yeah,BTW Kebbles and Itman1234 called you a N00B

stop spamming and SHUT UP!
You said the exact same thing in dravite.
Kebbles and itman234 wouldn't call people that.YOU WOULD!
but i think we should ignore hime since his spamming only makes us drop down to his level.
anyways vito how is the progress going?

Night_Blue
March 13th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Hey Vito
You haven't been on for a while
But yeah,like NIN said
Let 4fetter say as much as he can
As long as we don't listen,he'll stop

Yoshimi
March 13th, 2008, 06:24 PM
The story is good vito but i seriously think the mew getting shot to death should be changed.
maybe a disease that team m/a inject in mew because of their failed attempts?
And the virus would affect his whole body causing him to explode.

Tyrantrum
March 13th, 2008, 06:53 PM
U know, I think it's kind of sad murdering MEW.
It's one of the top most favorite POKEMON in the world!
Oh well, it's ur hack, but I still think that's a bit sad, even for the new born NUMEW.
Anyway, GL...
*sobs*

Vee217
March 15th, 2008, 04:26 PM
all i can say is sorry for not being around for so long, some bad internet problems and such have stopepd me from accessing the internet and turned my computer into the slowest thing imaginable, but im back and Red Waters will be back on track within a day or two

Night_Blue
March 19th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Hows Red Waters going?
Are you still having trouble turning the Water Red?
I can help you if you want?

Vee217
March 22nd, 2008, 08:58 AM
nope sorry man the hack is dead, I lost the will to go though with it when i lost my connection, came back and nobody had gave a crap about why there were no updates or anything, there just wasnt enough support and the lack of support made me feel like there was no reason to continue the hack so as of now red waters is at a stand still in production

a new killer, ramoteh
March 23rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
nope sorry man the hack is dead, I lost the will to go though with it when i lost my connection, came back and nobody had gave a crap about why there were no updates or anything, there just wasnt enough support and the lack of support made me feel like there was no reason to continue the hack so as of now red waters is at a stand still in production

Your right.
Night_Blue also lacks support,you got way more replies than him,so don't feel like your the only one not getting support.
That also happens to thethethethe and Cheesepeow,they are good hackers to
Some good hackers lack on support you know.

Night_Blue
March 23rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
I really don't like it when you mention people,ramo_teh
Please don't do it again

a new killer, ramoteh
March 23rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
I was trying to tell him that he is not the only one that lacks support

Blitzballer
March 23rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
This reminds me of an episode on the anime, except it was a Lugia and baby Lugia...and there wasn't a bloody corpse with Pokemon remains. Honestly, death didn't bring me to Pokemon and I don't think I would enjoy a game that included it.

Just because you don't have support, or people criticize you, doesn't mean you should give up. Honestly, thats not what hacking is about. You should hack for the fun of it not for fame.

Flashpoint
March 24th, 2008, 06:32 PM

Quited?
I guess thats how this hack ends.
All people care about is Gr@ph1c'z for anything
I don't care about graphics,I just want to see a good leader.... (I know how 4fetter feels about his,so don't call me 4fetter)

a new killer, ramoteh
March 29th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I agree with you Jolteon,everyone just cares about graphics nowadays........

Flashpoint
March 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Yep,what really gets me of a hack is big teams...

Vee217
April 22nd, 2008, 06:30 AM
with a couple of day (hopefully) Red Waters will start production again =P

a new killer, ramoteh
May 4th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Finnaly its back,I thought you quited Red Waters For ever.

Vee217
October 23rd, 2008, 10:57 PM
not sure if this is allowed, but Red Waters is back in production and i am looking forward to working with Jolteon and Night Blue again if they are still on here