PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Dreams - Have you had one?

NessStar3000
February 15th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I know what most of you are thinking, you ask: What is a lucid dream?

Lucid Dream

Basically, let me ask you this: Have you ever had a dream where you were able to take control over that dream? If you had, then you had just experience a lucid dream. Lucid dreams are the dreams where you gain an awareness that you are dreaming, while dreaming that is.

Lucid dreams can be very fun, since you are able to do anything at this state. You can make it rain soda, fly around through space, there is no limit but your imagination. I had pulled out some unintentionally myself, though I am now training myself to intentionally get into one.

If you want to learn more how to lucid dream (intentionally of course) you can always check out this great article:

http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream

So had any of you out there had any lucid dreams? Feel free to post anything about lucid dreams in here.

Lash
February 15th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Why yes, I just had one the other night. I had no idea what it was at first, but since I like the body sensation of a falling dream, I forced myself into one ._.

I have had more than one though, they are awesome~ Now that I can force myself into them, nights will be awesome.

sims796
February 15th, 2008, 01:06 PM
As did I. everything went my way, to the point where the alarm clock woke me up. Twice. Once in the dream, again in real life.

Gerri Shin
February 15th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Nope can't say that I've had many of those, however I have had many dreams where I saw the exact event that unfolded about a week later (nothing important though)
I usually don't remember my dreams.

NessStar3000
February 15th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Nope can't say that I've had many of those, however I have had many dreams where I saw the exact event that unfolded about a week later (nothing important though)

I assume you reacted in great shock of this, right? XD

You should really try out lucid dreaming, it's really fun once you get into one. During that time, your reality is right there, whatever you want is right there.

Gerri Shin
February 15th, 2008, 01:38 PM
well to be honest I'm still waitning on one of those dreams to become Deja vu. for some reason a couple weeks ago I could have sworn I saw My wedding ceremony o_0, I can't recall who the Bride looked like, but it was weird. I think that might've been a lucid dream, not sure though.

sims796
February 15th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I read the article. I haven't much control on mine. It scares me when I wake up, only to find that what happened (which I thought was real) was simply a dream. It takes me a while to realize it.

Went
February 15th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I once did. I was talking to one of the people in the dream, and I said him: "Dude, this dream is so boring. Can't you change it?" And then my dream changed XDD It was so weird.
But mostly of the time, it's like as if I were watching a film where I'm the protagonist.

diamondpearl876
February 15th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I've been aware of me dreaming while dreaming... and it's a pretty cool feeling, but I don't recall ever being able to control anything.

Virtual Chatot
February 15th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I have them all the time, I actually didn't know people weren't supposed to get them that often until I was twelve.

Take last night for example, I made myself turn into a cannon and I blew up random planets around the solar system

Damn Martians and annoying me

Cassino
February 15th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Hmm... Most of my dreams are lucid ones. I didn't know there was a term for it...

Edit:
Actually, no, what I have is lucid day dreams. Still dreams though. :)

Twinx
February 15th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Nice topic! :)
I haven't had one of those in a while, although I did quite often when I was younger, I guess I lost interest or just forgot about 'em! hehe

I don't remember any of my lucid dreams, but I remember waking up, realizing I had a dream which I had enjoyed and then falling back to sleep and proceeding with my dream my own way...

I'm gonna try it tonight ;)

Deokishisu
February 15th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Whenever I have a dream, I can choose to control it. But alot of the times I don't. Basically because the second I change something, the dream becomes less detailed. Like, if I suddenly wanted someone in my dream, they'd be there, but they wouldn't do anything unless I thought "oh, I want them to say this, and point at that." The dream just wouldn't progress automatically. I'd be stuck doing the same thing until I changed it and then kept changing it. Plus, everything becomes blurry, like I'm looking at my dreamworld through a thick fog. I also noticed that I am severely limited when I control the dream. If I'm at school, and then suddenly want to be on the moon, I can't do that because my mind knows that it doesn't make sense. Then all the characters in the dream get confused at what's going on. When I tried to do that once, my best friend (in the dream) was terrified because he suddenly didn't know where he was or how he had gotten there, but we had been standing there talking for awhile before I tried to be somewhere else, and we didn't move from that spot. Does anyone else experience this?

Ayano Katagiri
February 15th, 2008, 05:18 PM
There's a term for this kind of thing? O.O
I think I have had a few, at the very least the ones where I know that I'm in a dream and can sort of do what I want. But usually I get woken up by them as for some reason they always either get scary or violent... yes, I have weird dreams I know.

txteclipse
February 15th, 2008, 05:22 PM

This happens to me a lot, as well, but I usually remember my dreams.

I also have what I call hyper realism dreams, in which everything seems more detailed than real life. It's kind of hard to describe, but its like being in a dream in which everything has been enhanced by a photoshop professional. I even have 3D dreams, which are the strangest things ever: it's like I can perceive the space inside my head, and the scenes are taking place in complete 3D in that space.

So yeah. Strangeness abounds in my mind.

Zanacross
February 15th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I think I have had them. Time's when I'm angry before I go to sleep and I choose weather or not to get in a fight with the person I'm angry with.

Then I'm about to hit someone in my dream and wake up to find my hand hurting and against the wall.

[Pixy]. Lyl
February 15th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Wow, there's actually people here who can freely control they dreams at easy? I just had I Lucid dream once, but I was little, so the only thing I did was creating a car! I was driving around the Beach when I woke up, lol This happens to me a lot, as well, but I usually remember my dreams.

I also have what I call hyper realism dreams, in which everything seems more detailed than real life. It's kind of hard to describe, but its like being in a dream in which everything has been enhanced by a photoshop professional. I even have 3D dreams, which are the strangest things ever: it's like I can perceive the space inside my head, and the scenes are taking place in complete 3D in that space.

Duuuude, that happened to me once! I though it was so real I didn't believe it was a dream! You have that kind of dream often? I'm so jealous! :0

txteclipse
February 15th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I've only had a few. Unfortunately, they were kind of gory...which is really odd because I don't usually expose myself to gory stuff. Ah well. I'm sure I'll have really cool ones eventually.

latioslegends
February 15th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Never had one, but I have litteraly have prayed for them 0_o I mean come on what does it take to dream like that, the only sensation I had in a dream was waking up at 3:30 AM to use the bathroom. -_-

NessStar3000
February 15th, 2008, 08:57 PM
For those who have nightmares and such, you should really learn how to lucid dream. This way, whatever against you has no power, you can make yourself invincible or make them weak.

Don't you have those dreams where you are defeated or made fun of, and you get angry as a reaction that you couldn't do anything to get revenge? Dang those nightmares, just wait until I get this skill down. XD

As for you Latioslegends, I suggest reading over the article. It should really help you getting a lucid dream.

I've only had a few. Unfortunately, they were kind of gory...which is really odd because I don't usually expose myself to gory stuff. Ah well. I'm sure I'll have really cool ones eventually.

As through my research, it is interesting enough to see things that you haven't really physically seen before. This is caused by what lies deep within your subconscious. Researching into these kind of things really get into one's interest, wouldn't you agree?

There's a term for this kind of thing? O.O
I think I have had a few, at the very least the ones where I know that I'm in a dream and can sort of do what I want. But usually I get woken up by them as for some reason they always either get scary or violent... yes, I have weird dreams I know.

Everyone has weird dreams, I had a dream where my older brother stabbed me with a giant piece of shattered glass through my stomach. Really, I actually felt the pain in that, it hurt. x_x

Whenever I have a dream, I can choose to control it. But alot of the times I don't. Basically because the second I change something, the dream becomes less detailed. Like, if I suddenly wanted someone in my dream, they'd be there, but they wouldn't do anything unless I thought "oh, I want them to say this, and point at that." The dream just wouldn't progress automatically. I'd be stuck doing the same thing until I changed it and then kept changing it. Plus, everything becomes blurry, like I'm looking at my dreamworld through a thick fog. I also noticed that I am severely limited when I control the dream. If I'm at school, and then suddenly want to be on the moon, I can't do that because my mind knows that it doesn't make sense. Then all the characters in the dream get confused at what's going on. When I tried to do that once, my best friend (in the dream) was terrified because he suddenly didn't know where he was or how he had gotten there, but we had been standing there talking for awhile before I tried to be somewhere else, and we didn't move from that spot. Does anyone else experience this?

If you actually tell your dream to progress automatically, but at the same time satisfying your desire, everything should work out. As for having a logical limit, just realize that once in your dreams, you can do whatever you want, no matter how crazy the idea is.

Take last night for example, I made myself turn into a cannon and I blew up random planets around the solar system

Damn Martians and annoying me

Hehe, blowing up planets sounds like fun, was it any fun for you? XD

I've been aware of me dreaming while dreaming... and it's a pretty cool feeling, but I don't recall ever being able to control anything.

I agree, just knowing that you are aware that you are dreaming, it's such a cool feeling.

I once did. I was talking to one of the people in the dream, and I said him: "Dude, this dream is so boring. Can't you change it?" And then my dream changed XDD It was so weird.
But mostly of the time, it's like as if I were watching a film where I'm the protagonist.

Same here, I usually get dreams where I just play as the protagonist and running around through random places, although I had never found any of my dreams boring, yet.

I read the article. I haven't much control on mine. It scares me when I wake up, only to find that what happened (which I thought was real) was simply a dream. It takes me a while to realize it.

Do you mean that you get scared because it seemed real? I really dislike it when that happens to me, because I end up somehow getting in trouble from school, then realize in the end that it wasn't real.

Gerri Shin
February 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
This happens to me a lot, as well, but I usually remember my dreams.

I've had those too, but for that 3d view thing, I can do that anytime. Take right now for instance, I'm sitting on my bed typing on my computer, I can perceptualize in 3d me standing in front of the Fridge or the view of myself driving from outside the car. and its not just myself I can put anyone in there. its really weird and would probably make me a really good interior designer, but I'll stick with photoshop.

Saryka
February 15th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I've probably had one, but I could never remember it. x_x;;

NessStar3000
February 15th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I've probably had one, but I could never remember it. x_x;;

That reminds me, a great tip for everyone. If you really want to remember on the occurences of your dreams, you will get best results if you force yourself to wake up from your dream and back to reality. Leave your eyes closed and try to recall out something that happen in your dream, you should remember at least something about your dream.

Gymnotide
February 16th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Aye. You seem to be quite the expert on the world of unconsciousness.

I usually don't think about it much, but I have these types of dreams
very often, or not at all. I have them more often when I sleep for
long periods of time, but since I'm on the verge of becoming
insomnious, I'm losing my dreams completely.

I've learned to force these "lucid' dreams upon myself, though.
After I get home, I am able to lie down on my bed and think for
hours, then fall asleep and do anything I please.

Though, I spend most of my time in my dreams, ironically,
sleeping; or not so ironically, falling.

When my brother has these dreams, he becomes a somniloquist
and mumbles incessantly about World of Warcraft -__________-

Sometimes, I even regain consciousness in my sleep, but when I try
to get up in this dream-state, I find that my body is completely
immobilized (well, obviously, since I'm still asleep). It's just so
irritating when you want to get up.

helix
February 16th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I have extreme trouble remembering what I dreamed.. a few seconds after waking and I can completely forget what happened, but I'm pretty certain that I've never had a lucid dream ever before- they sound incredibly fun, though.

Sanctuary
February 16th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I have extreme trouble remembering what I dreamed.. a few seconds after waking and I can completely forget what happened

Hehe, me too. I have such a bad memory, I never really remember my dreams about a couple of seconds later.

Anyway; I believe I do have lucid dreams.. actually I get it a lot. Where I say.. "This is a dream! This is a dream!" only when things go bad in the dream.. like.. I think I was like jumping around like there was no gravity.. and then suddenly I see a dead person and I say that. Strange.. and incredibly stupid.

Oh! And I had a dream where my dog passed away, and I started to cry, and then I suddenly woke up, my stomach felt heavy and my eyes were really wet, like I was actually crying. Funny. >:

I was thinking of keeping a dream diary.. since I just love my dreams. <3 But does anyone here actually do that?

NessStar3000
February 16th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Of course, they specifically referred those kinds of diaries as dream journals. Some people actually use these journals to not only keep a good dream into memory, but to interpret their meaning with your life on reality. If you keep sharp attention toward your dream world and write down many things about it, you may start to see a pattern on how it can relate to your real life self. It's life seeing the future, but not necessarily. It's more of grasping the hidden thoughts that lie deep within your subconscious.

Michii
February 16th, 2008, 01:06 PM
No lucid dreaming for me. I remember my dreams extremely well, but I can't control them at all. ;/

Kylie-chan
February 16th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I used to lucid dream quite regularly. Lately, though, I haven't really done it. I used to have very in-depth and weird lucid dreams, and write detailed chronicles of them, but as of late... It feels rather as if something I was accustomed to was wrenched from me.

Dani_X
February 16th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I don't have dreams. >.> Weirdo..

DMNT
February 16th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Well, I have sometimes been aware that I'm dreaming, but I've never actually been able to control the dream.

Klippy
February 16th, 2008, 10:58 PM
XD; Just had one this morning.

I was basically in a real-world Oblivion and I knocked killed a guy, then pick pocketed him for all this nice looking gear. Then I had to fight two giant hands throughout the port town.

Don't ask. My dreams are weird. But, yeah. I controlled it all. .__.;

txteclipse
February 16th, 2008, 11:14 PM
I've had those too, but for that 3d view thing, I can do that anytime. Take right now for instance, I'm sitting on my bed typing on my computer, I can perceptualize in 3d me standing in front of the Fridge or the view of myself driving from outside the car. and its not just myself I can put anyone in there. its really weird and would probably make me a really good interior designer, but I'll stick with photoshop.

Hooray for extremely late posts. I, for one, cannot control this type of dream. They usually happen while I'm in bed right before I go to sleep (don't know if they'd be called dreams in this case, but I can't control them and they seem to do whatever they want, so I'll just say they're dreams). Anyways, it's a little different than imagining a 3D space...it's so hard to explain. It's like I'm literally looking into my mind, and then some type of object appears, as if it was actually physically lodged within my head. I can see it as well as feel it, so to speak.

Its like a real-life object has suddenly materialized inside my non-real-life thoughts. I sometimes wonder if I'm like creating what I see somewhere else, like I'm imagining it and it's materializing on someone's nightstand in Japan or something, and I'm watching it being created. I probably sound like a lunatic now (which doesn't mean I'm not), but that's the best way I can describe it, unless I wrote a book about it or something.

Dark Magician
February 16th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Actually I had one about two or three days ago. I joined kickboxing not two long ago and Ive been wrestling for a while, then I watched the comercial for the upcomming MMA movie (dont know the name of it) and it got me really pumped then I fell asleep and had a dream of some friends and I getting a job at McDonalds and it was a lonely night. No constumers at all and I has just cashed my check. Then some people came in demanding money, we told them he didnt had luck with costumers that day, they told us to give them all our money and we all acted like we were broke, but i has my wallet with my money in it in my back pocket. On of them reached into my pocket and felt my wallet and tried to take it but I ran away. He kept on trying to pull me and I woke up... Then I was like man I hope I have the same dream again, C'mon Im a wrestler. So I fell asleep and my dream started where it has left off, so I went for a double leg take down and by know I was aware the this was all a dream and the more I took control of my dream the slower I moved until it got to the point to where I just woke up

Jaimes
February 17th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Actually everyone dreams, you completely forget 90% of them and can't recall them at all (even seconds after waking).

Jubilation
February 17th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Well back in my younger days I watched Power Rangers *cough* so I so wanted to be a real one (I am dumb T_T) So I forced myself to dream I was one XD

Embrace
February 17th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Once is the only time I can remember. I was in the lake district but my IBS wasn't playing up so I knew it was dream, it is quite fun. ( God i'm tired )

Aizuke
February 18th, 2008, 05:08 AM
I have before.

Usually they're when I have bad dreams (except when I'm sick, I always get bad dreams when I'm sick and I can never control them), so if my parents were being murdered or something in a dream, I always find a way to save them.

And also when I dream about anime. LOL

Tater Tot
February 18th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Yep, Darth Maul from Star Wars was in my house ready to battle me, I was stubborn, and I kept on saying "Come on WAKE UP!" or, "When Will I wake up?"
So finally, right before I was getting ready to bring out my super-de-duper lightsaver, one of my cats woke me up. Yep, true story.

Memory
February 18th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Waah, yes! XD

I never really do anything except close my eyes really tightly though in the dream a few times and then end up waking up IRL, because it's usually a nightmare when it happens.

Smarties-chan
February 20th, 2008, 12:03 AM
I used to have quite many of those during one period last year, but I haven't had a lucid dream for months now. Lucid dreams are awesome although I seldom manage to keep myself asleep for long enough to actually do anything awesome in the dream as it always takes me a while to think of what to do when I have control over my dream. I usually just end up exploring my dream world for the short while I have to do something. The most exciting thing I've managed to do in a lucid dream is getting hit by a car without getting hurt. :x

Tater Tot
February 20th, 2008, 06:46 AM
I have extreme trouble remembering what I dreamed.. a few seconds after waking and I can completely forget what happened, but I'm pretty certain that I've never had a lucid dream ever before- they sound incredibly fun, though. Actually, no. They're not that fun I don't think. In the dream you're usually scared half to death and there is nothing to wake you up, I remember in my Lucid Dream, I kept on closing my eyes trying to wake up, I was so scared.
>,.,<

NessStar3000
February 20th, 2008, 07:04 AM
That's not lucid dreaming, that's having a nightmare. XD

The thing is that when you are lucid dreaming, nothing can hurt you or anything alike, you just simply get rid of it; you're in full control of your dream. There is no reason for someone to be scared during lucid dreaming, since you have the whole advantage of the dream yourself, I've never been scared on my lucid dreams if I do recall.

Warheart
February 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I have dreams where in them I know I'm dreaming, but I can't actually control what happens ._.

Like, I can forcibly wake myself up in them if I don't like where something's going, but I can't just make..random crap happen..But that would still be awesome :D

I do remember this one dream I had one when I was talking to my friend, and telling him about how this was all fake, and he wasn't real..it was kinda messed up O_O

lonewolfx44
February 25th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Nope, I've never had one.

If I did have them, I probably wouldn't die so often in my dreams.

Tr@ce
February 26th, 2008, 04:31 PM
OH MY GOD. Lucid dreams! I freakin' love lucid dreams, and I have them all the time... probably because everytime I dream, I realize I'm dreaming, it's so cool! A couple nights ago I had a dream where I was in a movie. Fun times... Lucid dreams are incredible.

WarHawk
March 2nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
I have them all the time, I just go Super Sonic!

Adventure
March 2nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
Oh! I love dreams. I always think they want to tell me something.... ^^; [/lunatic]

I've had these kind of dreams several times. Once I was with my friend in our schools library, when I suddenly realized we were doing something impossible (can't remember what). And when I realized I was dreaming, I was soooo happy. It was crazy. I got sad when I couldn't get my friend to realize it was a dream though. She didn't get what I was saying, and I wanted to do something crazy to prove it, but I woke up then.... :(
^^

Richard Lynch
March 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM
I normally have lame to mildly bizarre dreams. Like dreaming of school, or just doing what I do every day. But on occasion I'll have a dream that interests me, like this one I had nearly a month ago... involving a woman who kept a pet spider on a leash. And I don't mean a giant tarantula, I mean a small, almost daddy long legs type of spider. I'm actually in the process of painting something inspired by that dream...

Anyways, I've only ever had two lucid dreams, and both ended too quickly for me to have any real fun. Lucid dreaming tends to be specific; as in, it happens to some people, doesn't to others. There are devices out there in the $600 range, or techniques/books you can buy. But the fact is, some people just won't get it. Lucid dreaming relies on memory, really. A way to remind yourself that you're dreaming, and that's A LOT harder than it sounds.

I truly envy people who can have lucid dreams almost on command. I mean, imagine a world where you can do whatever you want, wherever you want, and to whomever you want. The implications are incredible, and actually really quite frightening.

Fluorii
March 3rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
Lucid dreams are really neat. I don't have them incredibly often, though. Well, I shouldn't say that - I have the opportunity to, but that just sort of warps the magic. If there's something I'm particularly wanting to do, it's fun. But, for the most part, just going with the flow tends to have more whimsical and magical results. There's something incredibly fun about living on the edge rather than controlling what goes your way.

I remember my dreams pretty well. So long as nothing makes me think within the first five minutes or so of waking, I can commit the major points to memory. Dreams just feel so awesome to remember for whatever reason.

Fun fact: when I was nine, I started dreaming every night. I used to think my dreams were a gift from God. No, seriously, I thought he thought I was special and deserved the "gift" of dreaming. I was such a good kid.

Kishijoten
March 15th, 2008, 05:34 PM
yeah but my dreams been quit thundering somehow i saw a dark underwater sea temple and a strange person on the floor that was creepy but i've seen it twice in my dream could it be true?

i had a vibration feeling in a airplane in my dream once and a darkness dream where it i was about to fall and i can feel the air yup sometimes i just say i was about to fall but i woke up tried again but cant repeat it i get the exact lucid dream twice once in a while pretty awkaward but really cool sometimes funny too

Deoxys55
March 15th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I've been trying to have lucid dreams for a while, using the method where you keep your mind awake while your body goes to sleep (is that WILD method?), but I always fall asleep right when sleep paralysis is kicking in. XP

I also remember going through REM once, but I don't know if I was dreaming or not. o.o It felt like I had been dropped off a building, with the wind rushing in my ears and everything, and there were really loud beeps and strange noises all around me... I seem to remember opening my eyes, and the room being all trippy. But that's what makes me think I was dreaming, because I didn't wake up after that...

I dunno. I'll keep trying. I'd really like to have one someday. The practice has really helped me remember my dreams better though, which is a start. =P

RealRockingham
March 15th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Ha... I ORIGINALLY read the title as "wet dreams"... was ROFLMAOing so hard....

As for lucid dreams... yes I have, once and perhaps more though I may have forgotten. That one time I WOKE UP LIKE 2 SECONDS afta relaising though.

MissMegano
March 15th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I had one kind of recently. I didn't know there was a term for it!

So I was dreaming about the book I was reading before I went to sleep, Twilight. (Amazing book btw) I was the main character, Bella, and I was at Edward's house. (He's a hot vampire she's in love with.) We were just kinda standing there with his family when I woke up. I remembered what I was dreaming clearly, and went back to sleep with the intention of continuing it, but not necessarily controlling it. Well, I asked him to come outside with me, away from anyone else, and just flirted with him shamelessly.

If I'd known I could've taken him and flown through the clouds or made it rain kittens I would've done it. ;)