PDA

View Full Version : Mindscape OOC

SilverTail
February 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM
ok, heres where we'll post so as not to spam up the actual RP. I guess we could talk about the nightmares here, but i'm still not 100% sure about that.

this is also where you'll post that you'll be gone for a few days, so we know that you've gone to another world for a little while, so nothing bad will happen to your character.

Kansas
February 15th, 2008, 05:40 PM
woot OOC thread, i have a feeling TIK will pump out a better app, just give it time :D so we're starting after his app gets in?

SilverTail
February 15th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Yup. just as soon as that happens, we all appear in mindscape! i'll get all the 'nightmares' ready, draw them out, and then i'll decide when they should occur. any added after that will just go in the order they appear after the origional 5.

Kansas
February 16th, 2008, 08:17 PM
so uhhh how about we just start, and TIK can join when he finishes? :D that sounds opportune to me

ThatInsaneKid
February 18th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Sorry for the wait, I just finished my sign up. I'll get the nightmare to you sometime later today, Silvertail.

:x

SilverTail
February 18th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Ok, well, you're accepted so you can start posting as soon as you want! just make sure not to forget.

Kansas
February 18th, 2008, 03:30 PM
that last response.... was just everything we said plus 1 added sentence... we're gonna need more than that to work with, Takanushi

Takanushi
February 18th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Ok sorry but cant think of any thing else

Klippy
February 18th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Well...you shouldn't have joined unless you were going to really try. It's kind of pointless to just be reading the same thing that Kansas wrote.

Takanushi
February 18th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Hay I actualy wrote some of my own stuff, But thats what my character heared ok

Klippy
February 18th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Your grammar needs a bit of work too. But, if you want to improve your post, maybe post more about how your character feels and stuff. Cause we already heard Kansas say everything in his post. You didn't have to repeat every single thing.

SilverTail
February 18th, 2008, 04:31 PM
'Tis true dude, you need atleast 2 things to be able to RP properly. you're still learning bits and pieces of bolth

1: proper grammar. This is so you can make posts that others can understand without having to decipher. "Chat Speak" (thts, u, 2, thx, ect.) is one of those things that dosn't work well in an RP, unless you are actually texting in the RP, rare as it may be.

2: a basic understanding of how a sentance is formed. This is so you can put that grammar to use. Ex:

good: "Are you sure you should be going in there?" Alex said, sounding worried.

bad: ur sure u should go there? alex worriedly said

as you can see, good grammar and sentence composition really helps.

(l know l'm not an expert, but this is what l've learned on my 1-or-so-year fanfiction spree)

Klippy
February 19th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Charchic, not to be rude. But, you didn't say your guy had mindreading/could hear thoughts.

So, either you're copying me or you forgot to put that in your application. :/

Secondly, that post was God-awful short and your grammar was lacking a bit. So..hopefully you start working on that.

Kansas
February 19th, 2008, 05:25 PM
unfortunately i don't know if Charchic knows about the OOC thread... but i'd have to agree.

I really want to have fun in this RP, but in order to do that we're going to need to help some of you work on your writing. Its insulting to put so much effort into a post then get responded with a 4 liner

Trainer Kat
February 19th, 2008, 05:30 PM
-_- Not to mention, the voice he heard was a girl, and Blake's the only girl.
I'd like to point out that BLAKE IS MEAN.

"It's okay...I was freaked out before too, but it's nice here. You'll get used to it!" is not only CHARACTER CONTROL but uncharacteristic of the brunette. Blake's dialogue would go more, "Shut up and leave me alone."

So it better not be Blake you were referring to in that post. kthxbai. ^_^

Klippy
February 19th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Charchic, it'd be better if you edited your post or just deleted it and put some effort into it.

"I can't think of anything" is a really poor excuse. :/ So, don't try and pull one of those.

Charchic
February 19th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Oh sorry. Yeah I'll do that now. Thanks for the help.

ALSO TO ADD: Michael is not telepathic and cannot read minds, whomever was talking was talking to him via telepathy, but it is explained that Michael cannot talk to her back, she is the telepathic one. And it is not Blake.

SilverTail
February 19th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Then just who is it? we've only got 2 female characters, and you can only control 1 character at a time.

Tis in the rules.

Charchic
February 19th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Oh no :S I applied for another character :S Cos I had this big idea...uhh can I just have two for the meantime? I'll get rid of her soon, as a temp character.

Klippy
February 19th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Dude, he just said you couldn't. It's against the rules. I'll bold it for you:

Then just who is it? we've only got 2 female characters, and you can only control 1 character at a time.

Tis in the rules.

He couldn't have made it any clearer. :/

SilverTail
February 19th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Exactly. I'm sorry, but you cannot have more than one character. Rules are rules, and I'm not about to change them so one person can have some fun.

Kansas
February 19th, 2008, 11:15 PM
so i had to ask the question.. anyone that has seen Card Captor Sakura knows how it works... so i was wondering... since Haru can see spirits and Kei is a card captor... would i be able to possibly capture some of the more tangible nightmares in a card to use later? like for uhhh Earthy or something? just to change things up???

SilverTail
February 20th, 2008, 03:41 AM
I've seen CCS once, but it was a long time ago. Mind refreshing those of us who have forgotten/never seen it? And sure, almost all of the nightmares will have what is reffered to as a "Nightmare Thorn" in the archives, this thorn is kind of like a boss in the fact that you have to find, and defeat it in order to end the nightmare. It could be anything, from an evil combination of all of us, to gravemind itself.

infact, I think it's time to list what suggestions have been made to me to be Nightmares, and if they have a Nightmare Thorn or not.

Zombies - yes
Flood(halo) - Yes
Earthquake - No
Oni Bunshin(demon clones) - No
Giant Robots - Yes

TIK, Charchic, and one other I believe have yet to give me suggestions for Nightmares. Remember, these nightmares will happen at random times throughout the RP, and Nightmares Can overlap if they are not gotten rid of in time! Once a Nightmare has ended, there will be a breif time of peace in Mindscape to allow our characters to refresh and ready themselves for whatever this world throws at them next. however, the longer it takes to get rid of the nightmares, the shorter the period of rest in between.

Klippy
February 20th, 2008, 10:30 PM
So yeah, I think Kei just owned Blake. Props. XD;

Kansas
February 20th, 2008, 10:32 PM
roflmao the whole time i was writing it, i was like hm... would this be too mean? then i thought about if i met a girl like that... and decided no

Klippy
February 20th, 2008, 10:34 PM
XD; Well, I think Haru is the only one that enjoys her company right now.

Trainer Kat
February 20th, 2008, 10:39 PM
xDD Awwh man, Klippy, way to gang up against Blake!!
Poor thing. She just needs some lovin'!

Klippy
February 20th, 2008, 10:41 PM
XD; I'm not ganging up on her. Kenji and Kei are. :D

She doesn't want any lovin'. I know what's going on in her mind. :x

Trainer Kat
February 20th, 2008, 10:47 PM
D: awwh, poor Blake-bear.

xD Kenji's such a cheater. He'd totally be all over Blake if he didn't have those damn mindreading powers!

Blake's emotionally unstable at the moment. We'll see what happens. ;]

Klippy
February 20th, 2008, 10:48 PM
She better start gettin' faithful. XD; Kenji is the one that needs some lovin'.

Kenji isn't the cheater. Blake is flirting and she has her snookums back home. XD;

Trainer Kat
February 20th, 2008, 10:50 PM
PETER?!
PSH!
xD;
That's a relationship just waiting to die.

Kansas
February 20th, 2008, 10:50 PM
ya true that... she has shnookums and she's workin on 2 guys the instant she steps into a new dimension.... if i had a dime for every girl i met that cheated on me as soon as they entered a dream world......

Trainer Kat
February 20th, 2008, 10:51 PM
......You would have a dime.

Klippy
February 20th, 2008, 10:52 PM
PETER?!
PSH!
xD;
That's a relationship just waiting to die.

XD; Peter sounds so nice though. ;___;

ya true that... she has shnookums and she's workin on 2 guys the instant she steps into a new dimension.... if i had a dime for every girl i met that cheated on me as soon as they entered a dream world......

I'd totally have a dime, dude.

Kansas
February 20th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Klippy stop dilly dallying and go post! *rawr*

Klippy
February 20th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Rawr, I can't. I've got to go soon. Maybe I'll sneak in a quick post.

If you two don't mind it being short, though!

Trainer Kat
February 20th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Don't you listen to Evan, snookums, you go right ahead and dilly dally.

ROFL Peter's nice but he's CLINGY as hell!

Klippy
February 20th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Don't you listen to Evan, snookums, you go right ahead and dilly dally.

ROFL Peter's nice but he's CLINGY as hell!

I'm posting anyways...um...er...cutie. It'll be a bit short though.

And if Peter is a representation of me, then oh boy. XD; Jokiiing.<333

EDIT: Sorry guys, it's gunna have to wait.

If you wouldn't mind, Kat, could you wait to post? Cause I was halfway through something between Blake and Kenji and yeah, it's gunna be good. Blake and you will like it. :x

EDIT: Nevermind, I decided I had enough time. It's shorter than I wanted, but whatever. :D

Also, Kansas, don't be bustin' Kei out of the house and interrupting this beautiful moment.

Trainer Kat
February 21st, 2008, 06:40 AM
ROFL He's definitely not a representation of you.

>D Awesome. Posted. xD; Poor Kei. Blake thinks it's him and now she's going to be even harder on him.

Klippy
February 21st, 2008, 07:06 AM
Sorry man... I couldn't really read it.. but I think its okay.. the title I think

Hey guys Im just testing here.. yeah!!!

Okay I see what happened...No I have to wait several times just to get a high score!!!

What the hell? XD; That was pointless and intrusive.

And Blake is so mean to Kei. ;___; I mean..Kenji. Or... both of them.

EDIT: I'll go ahead and wait to post until I get back from school. Not enough time to get into a long post.

Trainer Kat
February 21st, 2008, 07:10 AM
xD; Well...yeah. That's just...Blake.

Oh, and Peter. Don't forget Peter.

SilverTail
February 21st, 2008, 02:05 PM
Sorry to interrupt this happy moment folks, but....

the nightmares have begun!

First up is Kat's Suggestion of an earthquake. I've altered and twisted it so it includes a 50 foot high tidal wave heading straight for the beach Haru, Kei(kenji) and Blake are currently on. Now, its up to us all to survive what Nightmare has in store for us.

Klippy
February 21st, 2008, 06:36 PM
It must be Kat... but it didn't appear to actually be Kat...

You said Kat, instead of Blake. XDD;

Kansas
February 21st, 2008, 06:40 PM
rofl crap... thats what happens when you type on AIM and make a post...

Trainer Kat
February 21st, 2008, 09:15 PM
xD; I do that ALL THE TIME when I'm posting. As soon as I type 'Kat', I'm like, "crap, no, BLAKE. This is Blake."

Klippy
February 21st, 2008, 10:14 PM
XD; I did it in my last post too.

Takanushi
February 22nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
I find it weird that ThatIinsaneKid's character didn't freak out when he saw he was somewhere he didn't remember going too.....

Trainer Kat
February 24th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Of course, the time when I'm absolutely pissed WOULD be the time I'm eager to post. -_-

Someone should post so we can get this show on the road. D:

Klippy
February 24th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I'm waiting for Joker to post. :/ I can't until she does.

Kansas
February 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM
ya, i've got nothing to write as well, need the other 4

DarkKnight541
February 25th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Name: DarkKnight
Nickname: Slade
Status/Race: Human
Relationship: Single
Favourite rooms in '"The Mansion": Basement, Gym
Favourite places on "The Island": Seashore, Mountains
Appearance: Thin, Medium height, Long hair(about halfway down the neck)
Personality: Quiet, serious, doesn't like most people but can open up to those who are trustworthy and kind. Generally hangs out at his favorite spots fighting nightmares.

SilverTail
February 25th, 2008, 04:57 PM
er..no offence..but...you're joking, right? you're gonna need a little more description than that. look at the way the others did their signups and try to learn from that.

afterall, watching others and seeing how to do something is one of the ways we get better.

not to mention you completely forgot abilities and sources. sorry, but untill you edit you are DENIED

Trainer Kat
February 26th, 2008, 01:54 PM
o0;;
Once again, I've painted myself into a corner. Blake's pouty and off by herself. As soon as I figure out a way to get her out, I'll send her down to the group.

DarkKnight541
February 26th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Name: DarkKnight
Nickname: Slade
Status/Race: Half human, half shadowdemon
Relationship: Single
Favourite rooms in '"The Mansion": The basement and any other areas where he can be alone, such as the roof.
Favourite places on "The Island": The seashore and the mountains to be alone and think.
Appearance: Thin, lean figure, not super muscular or super weak about 5 foot 6. He has black eyes and white hair that goes down to the middle of his neck. He usually wears a white T-shirt with light blue jeans and red tennis shoes. His most identifiable charicteristic is a black tatto that looks like lines running all around his body. He usually wears a silver chain around his neck and a silver bracelet.
Personality: Slade is usually quiet and prefers to be alone. When he was 10, shadow demons killed his parents and gave him shadow powers(hence the tattoo) so that he would live the rest of his life knowing theat he has the same powers that killed his parents. He is afraid that because of this, he will be considered a freak and hasn't tried to make friends. He's usually quiet when near others and only says something after having really thought ablout it.
Abilities: Can turn his entire body into "shadow mass" where he wears a black bandanna and a black slim jupsuit. The chain and bracelet dissapear, and his clothes are hidden under the jumpsuit. He can do this instantly, without saying anything. While like this, he can manipulate his shadow mass to form weapons, clones, and projectiles. However, he only has a limited amount of shadow mass to work with, so if he makes one clone, then both he and the clone will be half his original height. Any projectiles he shoots will, after hitting the target, fall back to the ground and slither back to him. Usually a physical change is not seen when he makes weapons because he isn't using a lot of his shadow mass. His favorite weapons are spears and two daggers that are attachet to his wrists. His favorite projectiles are shuriken and little spheres of concentrated shadowmass.

Sources: The two daggers attatched to his writs are Sora's weapons from .hack//sign. The shuriken are from Naruto. The rest just came from my imagination.

SilverTail
February 26th, 2008, 05:29 PM
er...I'm a little iffy...but we'll see how it goes.

For now I guess you're Accepted but that is debatable....

also, by "Basement" I assume you mean the complex? and if so, what part? (auto shop, chem lab, forge, storage closet?)

Trainer Kat
February 26th, 2008, 05:31 PM
*confetti*
HAPPY 1,000th POST, SILVER!

Kansas
February 26th, 2008, 05:32 PM
haha ya gratz.. anywho i'll be posting later tonite.. i have another RP to post for right now

Loki
February 26th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Trainer Kat, please do not spam~ Things in OoC threads should be kept relevant to the roleplay at hand.

Kansas
February 27th, 2008, 09:05 AM
TIK... u shoulda read more closely... my post doesn't say i saw Alex. It just says 'while' and its not in his thoughts... he doesn't actually know she's there, its just a way to reference time

Joker Knight
February 28th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Takanushi, it is offical. You can not RP. You fail to notice subtle details that even a first grader with no reading experience would spot.

First of all. As I, and others have said before. Grammar is your friend, not your enemy. Practice proper grammar and you'll do wonders in RPs, choose not to and you'll be lucky if somone talks to you on an instant messanger or over PM.

Second, get the person's NAME right. I can't count how many times HARU's name has been said on that thread, and this one, and yet you still call him KERU. Who in hell's good name is KERU? If you're going to talk about someone, get their name right, or you'll end up confusing everyone else first, and then yourself, untill you look like the biggest idiot this planet has ever seen. If you don't already.

Third. Read the entire post through! don't just skim over it! you're obviously not that good yet! Once you can get to where you dont need to read every other word naturally to know what's going on, then, and only THEN can you do that. ThatInsaneKid said that TREVOR'S IQ was 129. BLAKE said HERS was 98. He did, in no way, say she was smart, infact, he proved she is actually rather dull, considering the IQ of most 16-30 year olds have an IQ of about 100-120.

You may want to get some Ice to go with that Burn, along with some good RP skills, otherwise I have a feeling you wont last long here. At all.

ThatInsaneKid
February 29th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Trainer Katttt~~

Please post so Blake can get angry with Trevor~~

So we can have a battle~~

Klippy
February 29th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Trainer Katttt~~

Please post so Blake can get angry with Trevor~~

So we can have a battle~~

Uh, dude. This isn't a Pokémon RP. Nor do I think she'll want to fight you, seeing as we're all supposed to be in the dream world together.

Also, read Joker's post. She's basically got everything right. You're a horrible RPer and your posts are pathetically uninteresting and short. Either work on your skills or retire from the RP.

SilverTail
March 1st, 2008, 09:45 PM
ok...klip, were you saying that to TIK, or takanushi? I'm confused....

Also, don't expect to see me much till about....friday-sunday? my internet has been taken away and unfortunatly it will not return untill the day I'm supposed to leave for takanushi's house. due to it being my parent's birthday weekend.

DO NOT WANT TO BE HOME...... *shudders*

ThatInsaneKid
March 3rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Klippy: Well aware this is not a Pokemon RP. But what use is a plethora of skills when there isn't some action occuring? And seeing as how there are no nightmares at the moment, and Trevor basically just implied Blake was a whore, SOMETHING should happen at the least. :o

And you definitely be refering to Takanushi, or I will not be a happy camper. >>;;;;

Trainer Kat
March 3rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Heh, I'll post tomorrow.
I'm sort of tied up with a paper at the moment. :x
I'll try to think up Blake's response.

Klippy
March 3rd, 2008, 05:39 PM
Pretty sure I meant both of you. XD;

It might be the Taka guy that I directed it at. Can't remember.

SilverTail
March 28th, 2008, 07:09 AM
gah...Mindscape is dying....this sucks!grrr..well, if it dose die, i've got a backup plan. so don't worry! mindscape WILL live on!

Takanushi
March 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I Know Dude this Feking sucks! But what is your back up Plan

SilverTail
March 29th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I will only reveal it as a last resort. Untill the RP dies it will remain secret so I really hope I won't have to use it. now if only kat would post!

*wants to avoid a catastrophie*

Takanushi
March 29th, 2008, 11:55 AM
How do you like my sig. i made it my self?

SilverTail
March 29th, 2008, 03:20 PM
ok, dude, I noticed, and you could have just called to ask that instaid of spamming up the OOC board, which is supposed to discuss the RP and things that involve the RP. Just be glad i'm the one ratting you out, if xeno noticed this she'd probably do a LOT worse.

Loki
March 29th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Indeed, Takanushi, unfortunately the rule of the RP masters getting to you before me doesn't apply when it comes to SPAM in the OoC threads.

Therefore, if you'd like feedback on your signature, please post in the 'Rate my Signature' thread in the Pokemon Funtime forums.

Trainer Kat
March 30th, 2008, 07:12 PM
-_- I'm sorry, Silver, I'm trying to work up some inspiration...it's really hard though...what with getting my post deleted and all. *sigh*