PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in aliens?

+Sneasel™
February 18th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Do you believe in aliens? I definetly do, but not on Mars, more like in another galaxy. But I don't think they are evil, I think they are like us, and think we are the aliens. What do you think?

Gummy
February 18th, 2008, 05:09 PM
You have to be extremely religious to believe that out of billions (if not trillions) of planets in the universe, only one has life. Life can't be rare in the universe, but life as intellegent as humans might be.

Zanacross
February 18th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I use to believe in these alien things

Zorua
February 18th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Hm...yes, I do believe in extraterrestrial life. I still believe that somewhere out there, there could be life whether it be in the form of advanced insects, or other sort of species. Quite frankly, I still believe in UFOs. :\

Lil-Dill
February 18th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I believe we arent the only ones with intelligence or a planet with sources. I believe there are many other kinds of beings or species that are out there and may or may not have the things we have, or have a mass amount of different kinds of technology. So yes I do believe that there are aliens but not the kinds we think, like with big black eyes and are green. I also think that there could be aliens on earth...Iunno why but thats what I think...

Lumine
February 18th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I believe in aliens more than god.

Gumball Watterson
February 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Aliens are real. End of story

and out of the septillion x googleplex planets that are in out univerese, I estimate that 75% contain life and 40% of life is intelligent. Chances are we may be the first to evolve into intelligence which is why we may haven't evidentfully seen intelligent life forms (i say that because there are fossil things on Mars. So we've seen alien remains but not intelligent.) Come to think of it, this thread may be tracked by aliens right now, hacking into the internet.

Sorry if that was in wrong form, if it was, then i hope Obama or Hilary bring down Bush so aliens don't get punished much.

BakingBluePotatoe
February 18th, 2008, 07:01 PM
according to my father, there IS life out there. We just don't know about them, and same for them.

so yes. I belive in Out-of-Earth-Life.

Arcanine
February 18th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Let me be the first to say.... No, there's no other life out there. This little blue dot is all you got.

BeachBoy
February 18th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Aliens are real. End of story

and out of the septillion x googleplex planets that are in out univerese, I estimate that 75% contain life and 40% of life is intelligent. Chances are we may be the first to evolve into intelligence which is why we may haven't evidentfully seen intelligent life forms (i say that because there are fossil things on Mars. So we've seen alien remains but not intelligent.) Come to think of it, this thread may be tracked by aliens right now, hacking into the internet.

Sorry if that was in wrong form, if it was, then i hope Obama or Hilary bring down Bush so aliens don't get punished much.

I agree we know soo soo little about our tiny spec, and who knows there could me trillions of civilzations way smarter then us. Scientists say some civs could be 2 billion years ahead of us! Imagine that!

I believe them, certianly not evil though... Depends I guess...But yeah there around the universe all right

Sorano
February 18th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Let me be the first to say.... No, there's no other life out there. This little blue dot is all you got.

Party pooper. (p")p

YES, I BELIEVE IN ALIENS. Our universe is plenty big enough and is bound to have some sort of life out there. ;/ We can't be the only ones. I just find it hard to believe, that's all.

Olz.
February 18th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Yes, i do beleive in "Aliens" Other life should be in space.. the same way we did..

Ayano Katagiri
February 19th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Aliens? Wait a sec, so you're implying that you're a human??

*cough*

I don't believe in "aliens". There may be a possibility that there is extra-terrestrial life out there which we have yet to encounter but who knows. Until there is sufficient evidence, I'm sticking by that aliens are still just a hypothetical theory which remains to be proved wrong or otherwise.

Crimson Arcanine
February 19th, 2008, 02:35 AM
It yet hasn't be proven that aliens don't exist, therefore they must exist. Until that changes that is my opinion.

thethethethe
February 19th, 2008, 03:34 AM
I believe that Aliens exist somewhere in the Universe. Maybe too far to reach Earth, but I'd find it very hard to believe that in the googleplex of planets/moons/asteroids out there, that we're that earth is the only planetary object with life on it.

abarai
February 19th, 2008, 05:55 AM
can't really say i ever thought about it, but i'd have to agree with kagami.
its possible but i think its highly unlikely.

sims796
February 19th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Aliens? Wait a sec, so you're implying that you're a human??

*cough*

I don't believe in "aliens". There may be a possibility that there is extra-terrestrial life out there which we have yet to encounter but who knows. Until there is sufficient evidence, I'm sticking by that aliens are still just a hypothetical theory which remains to be proved wrong or otherwise.
End of story my butt!

I agree with this post. Funny, I believe in God, but not aliens. Even more ironic that my reason for not believing (but NOT dismissing) life outside of Earth is that it hasn't been proving yet.

supertails
February 19th, 2008, 06:28 AM
I voted yes. The Universe is way too vest and big for earth to be the only planet with life on it.

Jaimes
February 19th, 2008, 06:59 AM
There are billions of universes out there - potentially an infinite amount.
We only know of one galaxy (ours) of which there is life on - however are still clueless regarding all others. Therefore it would be narrow minded to say we are the only one.
Life requires a multitude of factors and is hugely affected by chance, however if it is possible in one galaxy, and there is an infinite number of universes, the prospect of life outside earth is almost certain.

^ A logical and rational approach to believing that life may exist outside earth.

Tater Tot
February 19th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Nope, Aliens are just another make believe thing that people think are in other planets in the Galaxy, didn't someone figure out that there was some water in another planet? I thought I saw that on TV. They never found Aliens, or marshins, or anything of that sort, so there are no Aliens I'm pretty sure of.

sims796
February 19th, 2008, 07:03 AM
We only know of one galaxy (ours) of which there is life on - however are still clueless regarding all others. Therefore it would be narrow minded to say we are the only one.
Life requires a multitude of factors and is hugely affected by chance, however if it is possible in one galaxy, and there is an infinite number of universes, the prospect of life outside earth is almost certain.

^ A logical and rational approach to believing that life may exist outside earth.

Of course, we can't outright say yes without outright proof, which is how humans work(outside all aspects of religion).

But it can't be dismissed either. Not in the least. It'll be narrowminded otherwise.

supertails
February 19th, 2008, 07:09 AM
True it can't be dismissed or proven yet but I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the unverise that there is at least one other planet then our own with life on it. I've been watching UFO watchers and they are very smart. UFOs and USOs exist but it's hard to prove they exist especially with US cover ups and stuffs.

Degenerate
February 19th, 2008, 07:12 AM
If by ‘aliens’, you mean any kind of life form existing on other planets, then yeah, I have a lot faith in that possibility. If you’re talking about the ‘aliens’ that are presumed to be intelligent life forms whizzing around our atmosphere in saucer-shaped aircrafts, anally probing people in the middle of the night…I suppose it’s still possible, but I’ve yet to stumble upon anything that’s convinced me into believing. If that is true though, I find it interesting that the UFOs only (well, mostly) visit the USA.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
February 19th, 2008, 07:39 AM
nope as the old saying, I don't believe it until I see it

:t354:TG

Went
February 19th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I strongly think that odds support the existence of some kind of live somewhere in the infinite universe.
As a lot of people said, the strange thing would be to discover that there isn't a little bit of life anywhere else in the universe.

But if you mean UFO's, green martians and evil aliens who want to destroy all the life in the Earth because they are damn bored, nope, I don't believe in them.

Cassino
February 19th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I believe there's a lot of life in the universe, but I don't expect to find many sapient species.

El Gofre
February 19th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I think its ignorant to think we are the only planet capable of harboring life
I doubt we'll make contact though, there's so little fuel left we wont be able power anythin out of the milky way again :(

Lil-Dill
February 19th, 2008, 02:33 PM

I agree and thats also another reason why I think aliens are real.

*btw the "Weather Balloon" incident was all a lie. Ive seen a whole bunch of videos, did I project on it for school and I do believe some kind of ship crashed here from another galaxy or something like it. So yea, I do believe it. And also scientists or people say that Aliens do not exist due to a "theory". Wait a minute, theories cant be proven because its something that is a belief or something that was guessed. So because this is all a theory of trying to hide there existence, it cant be proven that they dont. So I believe they do.

Himawarii
February 19th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I do believe there is life besides us somewhere out there,but we have yet to meet them ;D

Heart's Soul
February 19th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Sciencetifically speaking, yes. There already has been found life on other planets, like Ursa. (Current area- I forgot)
So there are aliens! And if you play Space Rangers 2, you may start to re-believe in them. All of that is possible, at least Gaalians are.

Ausaudriel
February 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
nope as the old saying, I don't believe it until I see it

:t354:TG
That's a very very ignorant thing to say.

Have you ever seen Taiwan? Rapa Nui? Germany?

Have you ever seen $1,000,000? Have you ever seen George Bush's bath tub?

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

In my opinion, our universe (and potential "other" universes) are too infinitely huge for the human mind to fully comprehend. I believe it's impossible that humans are the only sapient life to ever exist.

sims796
February 19th, 2008, 07:05 PM
That's a very very ignorant thing to say.

Not really. We know those things exist because we can up & prove it. But it's a perfectly reasonable view on not believing--the idea of aliens is hard to believe, so I simply say no until I see it for myself. That's the reason why some people don't believe in God (excuse me bringing religion up, it was a good example). When I see it myself, I am absolutely sure that there is life outside of Earth.

She never said it doesn't exist. She just said I'll believe it when I see it.

EDIT:I was explaining the "see it to believe it" view. I'm indifferent. Or don't really care.

Sammi
February 19th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I believe in aliens... MAGICAL ALIENS 8D

Seriously? I believe it's possible, even intelligent life. Whether we will ever see them or if they will ever see us is debatable, though. *shrug*

Aizuke
February 20th, 2008, 01:40 AM
I think there are aliens out there.

Just because we've never seen them, doesn't mean they don't exist.

After all, we could be the aliens to them.

Heart's Soul
February 20th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I think there are aliens out there.

Just because we've never seen them, doesn't mean they don't exist.

After all, we could be the aliens to them.

I think he's right. Just because we didn't see them doesn't mean they don't exist. And we ARE aliens to them... until we get good relationships. But on the Viking,
DID YOU GUYS HAVE TO MAKE THAT SHEET? YOU COULD HAVE MADE IT NICER!

Virtual Chatot
February 20th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Aliens, Yes
Area 51 Aliens, No

Heart's Soul
February 20th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Aliens, Yes
Area 51 Aliens, No

Oh, yeah. Area 51 is closed now. There's Area 51A aiens, but that's also... A LIE.

Binary
February 21st, 2008, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I think that there is some sort of life out there somewhere...

~C3LEBI

Sea_Guardian
February 24th, 2008, 02:09 AM
I don't believe on aliens cuz God didn't create one.

KingCJ
February 24th, 2008, 02:20 AM
I wouldn't really say aliens, but I believe that there must be other life somewhere out there. The universe is far too big to say there isn't.

El Gofre
February 24th, 2008, 04:22 AM
I wouldn't really say aliens, but I believe that there must be other life somewhere out there.

Erm, the definition of alien is something that is foreign. In relation the planet earth, other life is alien.

I don't believe on aliens cuz God didn't create one.

That's obscenly ignorant. Because the way i see it there are two general ways Christians interpret the bible; Symbolically and literally. If you take the bible literally then you believe god created the universe in seven days, which contradicts proven theories of evolution. If you take it symobilically, then you will find this page intersting:
http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/aliens_are_fallen_angels.html
This is to prove im not some bigot who just slams anyone who is religious. I do my research. This page has several references to the bible of extraterrestrial activity. Sure, you could go with the simple literal idea that these aliens are just fallen angels, but wasnt lucifer a fallen angel? Why is he not grouped with these angels? Why are he and his followers any different? Besides, they are described at one point as 'grey with buglike eyes' which is pretty darn close to the stereotypical alien.

Azonic
February 24th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I believe in aliens... out of the one kabillion planets out there, surely we can't be the only ones alive. Or else the planet will go kabloomey and then no one exists in the universe D<

Michii
February 24th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Do I believe in aliens? Well, I believe in life on other planets, so yes.
But do I believe that they fly around the world, abducting people and such? Nope.

Virtual Chatot
February 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
That's obscenly ignorant. Because the way i see it there are two general ways Christians interpret the bible; Symbolically and literally. If you take the bible literally then you believe god created the universe in seven days, which contradicts proven theories of evolution. If you take it symobilically, then you will find this page intersting:
This is to prove im not some bigot who just slams anyone who is religious. I do my research. This page has several references to the bible of extraterrestrial activity. Sure, you could go with the simple literal idea that these aliens are just fallen angels, but wasnt lucifer a fallen angel? Why is he not grouped with these angels? Why are he and his followers any different? Besides, they are described at one point as 'grey with buglike eyes' which is pretty darn close to the stereotypical alien.

The Bible never says that God didn't create life on other planets before he created life here on Earth. In a Christian's perspective, God is the great creator, and surely he didn't just sit by himself for all eternity before he decided to create something.

Even though Christians look at the Bible in a symbolic manner, every symbolic phrase in the Bible is only representing something Literal ( ex. The Beast of Sea - AntiChrist )

I would also like to know where in the Bible that Angels are described as Gray will Buglike Eyes? I've looked it up on a few Bible search engines, and nothing has come up so far ;3

Gooberdued
February 24th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Well, I think the universe would be a very boring place without other life, don't you? I said yes - yes to bacteria-like aliens - but I'm not too sure about intelligent life, but I'm certainly not ruling it out.

Arcanine
February 24th, 2008, 07:39 PM
This is to prove im not some bigot who just slams anyone who is religious. I do my research. This page has several references to the bible of extraterrestrial activity. Sure, you could go with the simple literal idea that these aliens are just fallen angels, but wasnt lucifer a fallen angel? Why is he not grouped with these angels? Why are he and his followers any different? Besides, they are described at one point as 'grey with buglike eyes' which is pretty darn close to the stereotypical alien. And I think you're very arrogant to come in here and say "Oh my, you're wrong and I'm right". All Sea_Guardian said is she doesn't believe in aliens because the Bible says nothing about them going around (the base of the Christian religion). So why not just take it at that and think "I respect that you don't believe in aliens, but I see it a different way" (truthfully, I don't agree the way Ausaudriel worded his post in reply to Queen Boo)? Would that have been so hard? But you come in here and go "OMG you're wrong, here's "facts" so there, I'm right." (and really, if given enough time I could shoot evolution full of holes. If you say evolution is the truth then I can show a few things that counters that. But that's another topic). That's why I hate topics like this, people can't just post saying "Well, this is the way I see things" and then leave it at that. Someone just has to come along and reply to one person saying "OMG You're wrong!" and then it snowballs from there.

Oh, and BTW, the universe was created in 6 days, not 7 (God rested on the 7th day, nothing was created on that day). I love the research you do, keep up the good work.

Yoshimi
February 24th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Well there is enough proof that aliens do exist but not enough proof that the aliens are intelligent so yeah i believe in aliens but not some that can destroy our worlds with half of their army.Its a big universe and we only found out 10% of the universe so far.

sims796
February 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM
And I think you're very arrogant to come in here and say "Oh my, you're wrong and I'm right". All Sea_Guardian said is she doesn't believe in aliens because the Bible says nothing about them going around (the base of the Christian religion). So why not just take it at that and think "I respect that you don't believe in aliens, but I see it a different way" (truthfully, I don't agree the way Ausaudriel worded his post in reply to Queen Boo)? Would that have been so hard? But you come in here and go "OMG you're wrong, here's "facts" so there, I'm right." (and really, if given enough time I could shoot evolution full of holes. If you say evolution is the truth then I can show a few things that counters that. But that's another topic). That's why I hate topics like this, people can't just post saying "Well, this is the way I see things" and then leave it at that. Someone just has to come along and reply to one person saying "OMG You're wrong!" and then it snowballs from there.

Oh, and BTW, the universe was created in 6 days, not 7 (God rested on the 7th day, nothing was created on that day). I love the research you do, keep up the good work.

Thank you so much. It's like no one is allowed to think how they want. It must follow "proper" logic. We are "wrong" if we think this way for this reason, that doesn't have "facts" to back it up. Hell, if someone wants to not believe in aliens because "their mommy said it doesn't exist" has every right too, without fear of getting constantly questioned or called ignorant. This is a pure opinions thread. But our opinions aren't good enough now.

Chuck̄
February 24th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I don't believe in them. I have religious reasons as to why I don't but that might spark a religious debate, which would go off topic so I'll just leave it at , No I don't think they exist.
however I do believe in fairies (yay another came back to life) heehee

Ausaudriel
February 24th, 2008, 09:16 PM
On that note, I'd like to remind everyone that this IS just a "give your opinion thread", so try to keep it to just that. If it turns into more of a debate between people, it'll end up being moved to OC. :C

RedYoshi
February 25th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I believe Aliens, after all the universe is IMMENSE so we can't be the only living things in the universe.

Jessie
February 25th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I don't believe in "aliens" (like...War of the Worlds-I'm-gunna-eat-you aliens) but I do think that there is some other type of life out there... I mean, if you think about it...it would be kinda scary to think we're the only planet with life out there...and the rest are just...dead. But yea, those fossils on Mars (and the fact that there was once water there) proves that atleast there was bacteria. And that, my friend, is life.

♣Gawain♣
February 25th, 2008, 08:07 PM

Then how come the Universe is so Huge?!(15 billion light years visible.) If the universe is that huge, there must be at least a handful of alien lives there!

"those fossils on Mars (and the fact that there was once water there) proves that atleast there was bacteria"
Sorry to say this but, fossil bacteria on Mars is still controversial, and I kinda agree Life on some planets can be all microbes. Also in Europa, there's an ocean of water there so there can be life.

Alakazam17
February 25th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Aliens must be real. Because I cannot seem to imagine Michael Jackson as being from this world. XD

Seriously though, there is no question as to whether aliens exist. We are just a small spec in the corner of the universe. There is like a one in a google chance that we are the only living things out there, let alone the only intelligent beings.

The real question is if aliens have ever visited Earth. And to answer that I don't really know but I think it's possible. There are too many alien abductions to rule it out, heh. The fact that the same things have happened to people of various backgrounds and nationalities kinds of proves it.

And to answer the question why they are hiding themselves, I think that they may be a little scared of us, or else they think we are crazy. After years of watching our television and movies, I wouldn't be surprised to hear some aliens have taken something like The Colbert Report or Days of Our Lives, or even Star Trek or Stargate, at face value.

Not to mention our history. Humans have a history of cruelty against people with different skin colours, origins, and/or beliefs. So alien species ought to be scared of what humanity might do if their existence was ever confirmed.

Peanutz
March 16th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Scientists have NOT found ALL of the planets yet and probably never will for a long time. There's bound to be a whole new world on some planet not yet discovered.

Virtual Chatot
March 16th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Scientists have only mapped a fraction of the entire universe, its just ignorant to say that we've found most of them.

KingCOld999
March 16th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I believe there are "Beings" on another world
Think of it This way:

Over 4 Billion stars
About 50% of them Have their own Planetary Systems of 3 or more planets
At least 1 of those 6 Billion planets must have liquid water
Where there is liquid water, there is most likely to be life.

For all we know, there could be advanced civilizations beyond even our times, even watching us right now.

Masterx927
March 16th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Yes, i do belive. I mean, we don't even know how the dinos died yet.

.:LemonTea:.
March 16th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I believe in people watching me eat a midnight snack. They might be aliens. <3

txteclipse
March 16th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Currently, I have no opinion. Right now, I'm skeptic, but I'd never say it's not possible. The universe is just too freakishly huge to ever say definitively that there is no other life.

However, if there really is no other life, and we are alone in the galaxy, the rest of the universe can be explained as a dang good light show put there for our enjoyment.

Vegeta
March 16th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I don't want to believe in it but I must say, it's very possible

Lo-chan
March 17th, 2008, 06:12 AM
I don't beilieve there are aliens that come out of no where in ufo's xD But I do beilieve that there is life on another planet. Thats pretty small thinking if you think that Earth is the only planet with life :x

Razer302
March 17th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I believe that there is more life other than everyone that lives on this planet. It is hard to believe that out of all the other galaxies and all the other planets that there isn't something else out there.

Akiyo
March 17th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Not to mention our history. Humans have a history of cruelty against people with different skin colours, origins, and/or beliefs. So alien species ought to be scared of what humanity might do if their existence was ever confirmed.

I read that, then my eyes strayed down to your signature where it says 'Member of The Clan', at 5:00 AM that sort of thing makes you think 'OMG!?' for a moment. <.<

Anyway, on topic I believe there are aliens out there though I doubt they're horrible vicious creatures that want to go Nazi on the entire human race (Perhaps the other way around? <.<).

sims796
March 17th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I read that, then my eyes strayed down to your signature where it says 'Member of The Clan', at 5:00 AM that sort of thing makes you think 'OMG!?' for a moment. <.<
a battling clan. For Pokemon. Yeah...get some sleep.
Anyway, on topic I believe there are aliens out there though I doubt they're horrible vicious creatures that want to go Nazi on the entire human race (Perhaps the other way around? <.<).

Well, Jimmy Carter on Futurama said this to Zoidberg:

"If you're here in Peace, surrender or be destroyed. If you here for war, we surrender".

I agree with this.

Bear
March 17th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Not yet, because there is no proof. And I know the difference between a believe and a hunch/hope. =/

Línk
March 18th, 2008, 02:35 AM
I've always wanted to believe but seeing as how there is no proof, I just can't.